"Noob cause dont have a Herc"

Options

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's just stupid, as if a Glacial can't tank.
    I can't afford a Herc either, I'll just keep a Glacial and they gotta learn to live with it, lolz.
    A Glacial makes a good tanker too, or else they just have to get a Barb and Cleric in squad too, lolz.

What can a Glacial tank that other common pets can't? If you can't afford a Herc by around level 80, it's probably because of oracles, dailies, etc which makes you a noob, and rightly called so -live with it. There are plenty of non cash shoppers that had no problem acquiring legendary pets.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver
    BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    What can a Glacial tank that other common pets can't? If you can't afford a Herc by around level 80, it's probably because of oracles, dailies, etc which makes you a noob, and rightly called so -live with it. There are plenty of non cash shoppers that had no problem acquiring legendary pets.

Hmm... so because i still don't have a herc and i'm 80+ makes me a noob? Well that's your opinion but i enjoy playing with my magmite, armored bear, shadou cub and YES a kowlin! I don't care if i have to be a healing fairy when the kowlin kills mobs i do it 'cuz well... MAYBE I JUST ENJOY IT! I don't spend all my cash on oracles and other ****. I'm also close to getting a herc and i don't do it to be "wanted in squads" i do it so i can experience more parts of the game for example soloing TTs or my own ****ing bhs. It's not pet that makes u a good veno or no as some ppl already said there r fail venos with hercs and fail venos with magmites/walkers and there r fail venos with other "free" pets who can barely kill a mob. It's play style that makes u good or no. Yeah i know that pets r a part of your play style but if u decide to play with an antelope... GO AHEAD AND DO IT!!! WHO STOPS U? That is your play style and ppl will adore it. I've seen some 90+ venos who still walk around with snow hares. And they don't get that big yellow fat buddha 'cuz they love their bunneh (i mean..who doens't love bunnehs?)

I rly get pissed off of the way ppl treat venos! Once i was looking for a bh squad i got a pm with someone asking me what class i am i answer that i am veno... he apolagized and said they have another veno in squad WTF?!?! I did many bhs with full veno squad and that is what i like to call VENO POWAH!!! I do get rejected by many players 'cuz i'm not herced and i do get rejected 'cuz i am a veno!!!>.< I noticed ppl put venos on the bottom of their list. When i was in my 70s we didn't have tank for bh59 i told them that i can tank they tought i have a herc but no i can tank using myslef and i rly am sick of lazy clerics and tanks. Once we had both tank and cleric but cleric wanted to dd so they made me tank so he can purify ih and then dd WELL SORRY BUT I WASN'T MADE TO TANK BOSSES AND I WILL NOT DO IT WHILE THERE IS SOMEONE TO TANK!!! IF U DON'T LIKE TO HEAL AND NOT DD THEN PLAY A WIZZY OR A PSY OR WHATEVER AND DD AS MUCH AS U WANT JUST PLAY UR ****ING CLASS!!! so i left from squad...

And did u ever think of the option that some ppl may prefer to spend more than 60m(cheapest option u get a herc and now sofs reached more than 10k with all teh packs around >.>) on smth else. For example getting kick **** gear and having high lvled skills and still rolling the streets with their magmite/walker. Well i adore those players 'cuz a pet can't make u good. For me having good gear and high lvled skills is priority! I was obsessed of the idea of getting a herc but then i said to myself that even if i can afford to get one i will not ****ing do it 'cuz i was so sick of ppl telling me "get a herc" or "omg what a noob" well if having good gear good skills good pets and knowing how to play my class makes me a noob according to some ppl well i can only say that: "U R NOOBS LOOK AROUND URSELFES STOP PICKING ON GOOD VENOS" Before realizing myslef i was rdy to give up on everything and sell it in order to get a herc and i know many venos who did it. And when u get a herc what? U will play naked? Without gears and ur skills lvl1? U do need gears and skills to walk around with a herc!!!

I know herc venos who r completely **** ;..; they don't even know how to play their class. They don't know wht and when to do. They decide to lvl blazing scarab and not venomous or ironwood or lucky or the other good skills which actually DO SMTH just 'cuz it looks cool and shiny..o.O ?~@:{!"?!! Being able to play your class is what makes u good and not many know how to play a veno but once ppl realize how hard it's actually they start to think in a different way about us.

Just enjoy ur time in game and use any pet u want 'cuz that will be your play style u will enjoy it and u'll know no one can tell u anything. This is a game after all don't take it seriously..though i gotta admit i sometimes do take it seriously but i still know it's a game and not reality!
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    These threads are becoming kind of pointless... We have all sufficiently explained our points of view and there really is no more need for any more flamebait to be churned out by what are apparently frustrated venos that seek some sort of reassurance. You do need to be somewhat thick skinned to play without an herc, so really if you need to be told that it's ok you might want to start saving for some SoFs...
    edited August 2010
    Options
    These threads are becoming kind of pointless... We have all sufficiently explained our points of view and there really is no more need for any more flamebait to be churned out by what are apparently frustrated venos that seek some sort of reassurance. You do need to be somewhat thick skinned to play without an herc, so really if you need to be told that it's ok you might want to start saving for some SoFs...

Many ppl enjoy playing without a herc and squad for every single thing instead of soloing. As i will say again it's all about play style.. u like squading with ppl DO IT WHY NOT? u prefer solo then get a herc and don't bother looking for squads anymore!

And some ppl just don't have the money to get a herc. Most of the herc venos in this server got their herc while they were still 20m! As many ppl noticed prices r sky high and only few can afford to get that buddha.

And being a veno doesn't necessarily mean "a money making machine". There r many venos who r broke and i was broke too many times but that deosn't make u fail veno as long as u know what and when to do.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yea, i'm actually on the no herc is needed side of the discussion, which i have tired of arguing about in many posts...
    edited August 2010
    Options
    AGREED!!! b:victory herc is not a must and there's nothing toxic if u're hercless!
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who's saying a Herc is needed? Clerics don't need res, BMs don't need HF, Barbs don't need Ream. -Woohoo, is everyone happy now?
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    3 month enough for me to start spamming the NECRO alarm? :o There's a bunch of new QQ threads on this, why you gotta post in the old one -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who's saying a Herc is needed? Clerics don't need res, BMs don't need HF, Barbs don't need Ream. -Woohoo, is everyone happy now?

I think u should think good before saying whatever. To get a herc u must spend around 75m cheapest is for 60m and if u get it now with sofs costing 10k each that means 100m after u get it u must remove pounce with bash lvl it up and also feed it lest say another 1.5-2m and keep spending more money for food if u're tomeless. Do clerics pay so much on rez? Do bms spend all their time in game making cash to get hf and same goes for barbs? I DON'T THINK SO!!! And as every other class we have skills too it's not so easy to get a herc without spending rl money but i don't plan to spend even 1cent for any game. I almost got mine with only spending in game cash. AND I'M PROUD OF THAT! 'cuz i actually WORKED hard for it as well as my skills and gears.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options

Again, this is misproportion. Clerics, Barbs and BMs need those skills to competently fulfill their roles. Pet heal you can compare to cleric's res. Pets are more like gear or weapons mate, your faulty logic would have you believe an hercless veno is unable to fulfil her role in squads when really she's undergeared at best, and some of us don't really think so.

Let me put this simple, an herc can be replaced by coin, since it's mostly meant to reduce other char's repair bills anyway. If i was to join a squad and say i'll pay for barb's repair bill (most hercless venos still mostly grind their pet's level up rather than relying solely on cube anyway) this would probably be a more useful contribution since even if some DDs were still required to somewhat gimp their damage it will not be on the same level as an herc would force you to. This means a much faster, more efficient run. A dps pet would outperform herc on this scenario...

Now, i know of no other such substitution of top tier gear which will result in a run going faster...
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Again, this is misproportion. Clerics, Barbs and BMs need those skills to competently fulfill their roles.

No they don't. They can do just fine without. Cleric can still heal, Barbs can still tank, and BMs can still DD.
    This means a much faster, more efficient run. A dps pet would outperform herc on this scenario...

Nope, A dps pet isn't going to allow you to SD and Amp before the tank gets there. Herc gets 70% reflect, tank 60%.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A cleric with no res cannot fulfill one of his most basic duties. While a squad can in theory do without this skill, it would to all practical purposes defeat the scheme of making the cleric's life a priority. Likewise a Barb that cannot hold aggro or a BM that cannot effectively AoE are neglecting their basic duties. This is regardless of wether they're statting a good weapon or an underleveled one, this only affects the efficiency with which they can manage their jobs, not their basic ability to fulfill their natural roles. Likewise an herc is simply a good tool that doesn't affect a veno's ability to fulfill his/her basic role.

This is why i especifically said your logic is faulty, you're literally equating different categories...

Herc is a mediocre tank that requires the rest of the squad to function at a diminished capacity, the amount of dps output any given person in a group (DD is a vital role for all members) can deliver is gimped and in any scenario, any class that can tank will become a better, more effective option. Reflect doesn't count when the pet isn't tanking and there are options better than herc for this role. As i've said before herc only brings the convenience of saving repair bills and you have yet to challenge my claim on that respect.

Herc is not the fastest nor the most efficient way for a squad to get anything done, far from it, it probably is the biggest time sink for a competent group doing an instance run.

Address the specifics if you'll be challenging my post, reflect as contributing to damage is a bogus claim as it can only come at the expense of having all other squad members severely diminished in their DD capability. Want to do the math? You're more than welcome... A properly skilled high dps pet such as Wanderer or Scorp will outperform herc if the pet is not tanking.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You have made this point before and it is still ridiculous.

I actually know a cleric that didn't lvl his res past 1 until he got into his 90s. He is a metal mage and didn't want to be bothered by ppl always asking for him to fly across the map for a res. Course he is also a dbag, but yeah. b:chuckle

MY point is that res is a skill that clerics can play the game without, although they might have trouble getting squads. Hmm..kinda like hercless venos when you think about it huh.

Res and hercs are luxuries IMO.

b:bye
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    SHUT THE ** UP :D

lol u don't need any "overpowred "pet for lvling. im soon 100 and i only use lvl pets that i got at lvl 8. and im fine w that cuz 10% exp a day is OK!

-.- 10 lvls more but i wil lvl to 100 anyway..how matter how long time it takes.

Did u know when ur the higest lvl u get bored..cuz then nothing to do^^ so best lvl slow if u wanna have fun for long time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ Oy vey

b:shutup
  • Perikita - Raging Tide
    Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't think you can compare a herc for a veno to a skill for another class. The main difference is the price tag. You can, however, compare it to a weapon. From what I hear, endgame gear can be much more expensive than a herc. The problem, I think, is that many people expect a veno to have a herc (= endgame gear) already in the sixties or seventies. This is just not reasonable. Even if the herc can be obtained, theoretically, at a level below 10, you just can't expect every veno to get one before, let's say, level 90.
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't think you can compare a herc for a veno to a skill for another class. The main difference is the price tag.

-fail! I've paid as much for one skill as I have for the Herc. If you think they're so unobtainable you may want to quit the game now.
    The problem, I think, is that many people expect a veno to have a herc (= endgame gear) already in the sixties or seventies. This is just not reasonable.

Again, quit now before you're overwhelmed and under equipped. It gets tiring looking at all the QQ from people who want handouts in this game and barely lift a finger to better themselves.
  • Perikita - Raging Tide
    Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    -fail! I've paid as much for one skill as I have for the Herc. If you think they're so unobtainable you may want to quit the game now.

At what level did you pay so much for the skill?
    Again, quit now before you're overwhelmed and under equipped. It gets tiring looking at all the QQ from people who want handouts in this game and barely lift a finger to better themselves.

I'd rather not quit. I'm looking forward to continue playing for quite some time. Oh, and I have a Herc, but I wouldn't feel underequipped at my level if I hadn't.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Apparently demon/sage skills can cost upwards to 30-50m.

Regular skills don't cost that much. Don't worry about that.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Apparently demon/sage skills can cost upwards to 30-50m.

Lol wut? Have I quit playing for that long? Could you not get a skill clip for 70m? Even the 99 skills didnt cost that much.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Skills r a part of every class so not only clerics have to get rez bms hf barbs flesh ream... Venos need purge amp (for tt... how do u think of finishing some bosses without veno purging and amping b:beatup ) we also need the main dd skills. >.> So don't try telling me that herc costs as much as one skill. Venos need to spend more than some other classes. Arcane ones need to spend a lot on arcane gears 'cuz they r always the most expensive ones in every game. We also need herc (NOT NECESSARILY NEEDED but if some1 wants to solo or just... whatever he can get one) and when we do get one we're still being treated like **** b:surrender 'cuz we're "overpowered" it just... sucks!
  • XMomokox - Dreamweaver
    XMomokox - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    like once i was in a BH, tank saw my mp go under 75% and started screaming in squad chat... "OMG who invited this noob cleric?! she dont even have a charmm!"

WOW under 75%?!b:boredb:surprised
    that's crazy! that is nothing! Charms aren't the only way to get mp b:chuckle

About the Herc... It isn't needed to do a LOT of things
    can solo TT (solo mode hehe) easy with a Cub that's lvl 70
    and i could tank/solo (had a psyc dd) fb19 at lvl 24... the Elf one was the easiest... and i didn't have a herc!
    they are expensive, but i may want to consider getting one at some point just so i can do a better job at soloing bosses for friends and myself... but if i don't get it, its not the end of the world.
    Venos themself need to be skilled... they play an important role in debuffing bosses and increaseing dmg intake b:pleased
    if they have a herc, it doesnt make them pro automatically.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    At what level did you pay so much for the skill?
    Many of us who were playing back when gold was around 100k only paid about 20 mil for our hercs. Of course that makes the comparison meaningless since there's no way to get a herc now for 20 mil.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol wut? Have I quit playing for that long? Could you not get a skill clip for 70m? Even the 99 skills didnt cost that much.

Hence the word; apparently. And thats what someone said in my faction.

In my 3 months playing I've heard some unbelievable bull**** from players ^_^.
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Last time I saw sage Nova it was 50m and it was only the second time I've seen it. I'm pretty sure someone could get a Herc for that.
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have read several pages of this thread just to laugh at those people who still arguing about getting an herc because is better,because this and because that.

Im a Lv.83 Veno atm and not even planning to get an Herc

I wanna leave a message for these people who mock"Herc-less Venos",because they don't have an Herc.

I noticed that the main point of these people is,that getting an herc will make you better at almost everything,tanking stuff,getting money,getting in squads,they say that Herc is the best pet and its awesome and omg I can tank stuff and blah blah blah

These people probably think that games are meant to be played at best of a person capabilities,thus getting the"Best",Pet,even if cost Tons of Time or Lots of Real Life Money

These people probably think that having a legendary pet means being happier,look cooler,being smarter,having more fun,be a pro,or stuff like that.

These people maybe forget the point that this is just a game,the number one point of any game should beBe Happy,get any pet you want and have fun with it,don't believe those people which say you will have a better"Gaming Experience"(o.o^?),just because you can tank this and that,its just pixels.
    These people have no right to tell you how you should play,or what you should/must get,because only you knonw the how to having fun with this game.

Also its very sad how much people here are talking about money:Getting an Herc is like getting a some Sage/Demon Skills,or should I save X money on this Gear to buy Y SoFs while I can get X^2 money doing this way and getting about 1% SoFs I need every 2 days so I would take 200 days to get all the SoFs I need not considering the Y^2 cost of upgrading skills and how about the Z prices of those yummy strawberries etc etc
    Seriously people playing a game throwing real life problems on it(Money),if you care so much about money why don't you just spent your effort to get in Real Life and not in pixels?

Personally,if I ever get an Herc(Or someone buy me one since I don't plan to get mysefl),I'll probably spend hours and hours every day soling TTs to get rich,noticing afterwhile that Im playng too much and losing my real time on a game while I should get out and live the real life,no thanks,I prefer playing my way:Taking it easy and slow.

(btw:Blue Chicken FTW b:chuckle)
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Last time I saw sage Nova it was 50m and it was only the second time I've seen it. I'm pretty sure someone could get a Herc for that.
    That makes no sense. Parasitic Nova comes from 30 pages of fate from the Cube. They regularly sell for ~100k each, so 3 mil per attempt at a skill. You have a 20% chance of getting Nova, so the nominal cost if the other 4 skills are considered worthless is 15 mil. For Nova to be worth 50 mil, pages of fate would have to be selling for 333k each or more.

If it's truly selling for 50 mil, then that's a huge market inefficiency there. Get busy buying up pages of fate to make Cube skills. On average, you will get 50 mil for every 15 mil you spend. Probably closer to 55 mil since Lending Hand is pretty desirable too. You should have enough money for a herc in no time then. =p
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That makes no sense. Parasitic Nova comes from 30 pages of fate from the Cube. They regularly sell for ~100k each, so 3 mil per attempt at a skill. You have a 20% chance of getting Nova, so the nominal cost if the other 4 skills are considered worthless is 15 mil. For Nova to be worth 50 mil, pages of fate would have to be selling for 333k each or more.

I'm on same server and have never seen them below 200k.
    If it's truly selling for 50 mil, then that's a huge market inefficiency there. Get busy buying up pages of fate to make Cube skills. On average, you will get 50 mil for every 15 mil you spend. Probably closer to 55 mil since Lending Hand is pretty desirable too. You should have enough money for a herc in no time then. =p

Some are having such problems selling lending hand that it deters me from wanting to touch it. Venos were sold to fails, fails don't care about lending hand.

Yeah, Hercs used to cost around 20m, but coin was much harder to come by at that time.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah before herc was 20m and it was hard to get 20mill but now it's a bit easier to get money and a lot more expensive to get a herc... kinda the same isn't it? And ok some sage/demon skills cost a lot. Every class has at least one skill that costs millions and almost the same price as herc but still lower than the average price of that big yellow buddha. Ppl expect even lvl40 venos to have a herc?!?!? At higher lvls it becomes easier to earn money u can come out of bh with few millions in your pocket so u can get 50mill for those sage/demon skills in few days. AND I WILL AGAIN SAY THAT VENOS SPEND MORE!!! Lets say ur a sage cleric and sage revive costs quite a lot and ur sage veno sage parasitic nova... only seen it once and yeah it costs a lot too if venos don't get sage/demon skills they can get another herc or two but then we'll be "noobs" 'cuz we don't have skills. >.> So... we spend a lot on skills and also a lot on herc which makes more than other classes spend on skills (the only thing they do 'cuz apparently only venos have pets) DON'T FORGET THAT VENOS HAVE SKILLS TOO!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think u should think good before saying whatever. To get a herc u must spend around 75m cheapest is for 60m and if u get it now with sofs costing 10k each that means 100m after u get it u must remove pounce with bash lvl it up and also feed it lest say another 1.5-2m and keep spending more money for food if u're tomeless. Do clerics pay so much on rez? Do bms spend all their time in game making cash to get hf and same goes for barbs? I DON'T THINK SO!!! And as every other class we have skills too it's not so easy to get a herc without spending rl money but i don't plan to spend even 1cent for any game. I almost got mine with only spending in game cash. AND I'M PROUD OF THAT! 'cuz i actually WORKED hard for it as well as my skills and gears.

I think he does give it considerable thought although we may agree to disgree with one another I respect his points.No Clerics don't need to buy or even lvl up revive.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
This discussion has been closed.