"Noob cause dont have a Herc"

Options
Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Venomancer
Alright, so im a veno that cant afford a herc, and whenever im in a squad, i get asked if i can tank mobs.

I say yes.
& when they see i dont have a herc but a Glacial, they laugh.

And even before we start doing a BH, their like wheres my herc?

Its annoying, i for one cant afford a Herc =/.
I mean given the choice i would like a herc but to expensive.
so im asking, do i need a herc to be needed in squads? Or would me getting a herc make me a better veno somehow? b:shutup
Post edited by Michiyuki - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    name your pet Herc
    problem solved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    it wouldn't make you a better veno. I've met veno's without herc that are wonderfull at playing their class. And I met herced veno's that I never want to squad with again.

The thing is, yes, a herc has better defense then a glacial walker and is able to tank bosses that a glacial walker can't.
    I hate it when squads denie you just because you don't have a herc. But it happens. I also don't have a herc and I'm working my **** of to get one. Not because people want me to have one, or because I'm afraid people don't want me in squad, but because I love helping people and hate to ask for help.
    I have wonderfull friends who take me on fcc even if I can't tank a single boss.

If you can't afford a herc, who cares. Join a good faction, make a lot of friends and nobody cares that you don't have a herc :)

not having a herc doesn't make you a noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thank you =]

just it gets a bit ugh >.<
    i hope you get your herc ^^
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, I don't have a herc either, didn't have one for a while too. I used to tank my bh51's with a magmite... except last boss (who needs hercs actually? you have barbs!) then I always tanked the bh59's MYSELF with one cleric (magic bosses) and my magmite tanked ofotis. They can't complain if its bh69, cause herc cant tank nob/pole alone, nob maybe with 2 venos but not pole. So you need a barb there, about pyro/turtle, thats where I can tank too. If its bh79, I just found out I can tank that one too, magmite on stygean and me on rest. If you can't afford a herc, try making your veno a better tank (even if its arcane, i reccomend TT80 gold and sea captain sleeves with citrines), you don't need a herc to be good at the game :P
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
    edited May 2010
    Options
    coool :o
    i can tank my bh 39 by myself =D atm lvl 57 ^^

just it gets to a point where people wont invite you unless you have a herc ^^
    i wish they made more legendary pets. Possibly easier to obtain? =D
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There are some things (quite a lot of things, really) your glacial won't be able to tank until you've got a lot more levels, which a herc could.

This is not an insurmountable problem. When they ask "Are you going to tank" - and there's one of those bosses around, the answer is "No."
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    but...
    a veno with a herc is wicked! its your end game pet
    some people see it as a neccessity
    like once i was in a BH, tank saw my mp go under 75% and started screaming in squad chat... "OMG who invited this noob cleric?! she dont even have a charmm!"
    so now i cant use sesame yuanxio anymore? :P
    i will squad with you anyday OP!
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
    edited May 2010
    Options
    xD i see now ^^
    i know my Glacial cant tank everything, just it helps to have people trust me in knowing what i know i can tank =].

a herc would be nice ^^
    but as post above me reply, not all veno's with hercs are good at their class =D
    if i had a herc xD i'd be amazing -insert glossy eyes- b:cute
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would ask em....
    -BM: do you have 5 aspd with claw spark?
    -Wiz: do you have 10k def?
    -Archer: do you have 5 aspd with claw?
    -Barb: do you have 25k hp?
    -Assassin: are you anywhere near this yet?
    61348498.jpg
    -Psychic: do you have 25k soulforce?

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    but...
    a veno with a herc is wicked! its your end game pet
    some people see it as a neccessity
    like once i was in a BH, tank saw my mp go under 75% and started screaming in squad chat... "OMG who invited this noob cleric?! she dont even have a charmm!"
    so now i cant use sesame yuanxio anymore? :P
    i will squad with you anyday OP!

b:chuckle poor you Dx
    i for one would offer a cleric sesame if their low xD
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I usually tank a lot of bh39's with a magmite to show them "its no herc! OMG!" lol, I won't be on pwi much prob, but if you catch me online I can show you some useful tips on that. Also I didn't know your 57, try getting +vit gear with not so bad options, also in AH there sometimes pop up. For example +14 vit necklace, which I found once. And +13 vit belt, missed that one Q_Q. Anyway the thing is, you need to time it right, if theres walking mobs around boss try luring boss somewhere else (helps in bh51 I think) and as far as I know, your glaciar should tank bh51 by the time you start getting it, the first 2 bosses for sure.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would ask em....
    61348498.jpg

b:laugh hahaha xD awsome!
    that should be my counter defense ^^
    instead of worrying about my gear, worry about yours xD
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I usually tank a lot of bh39's with a magmite to show them "its no herc! OMG!" lol, I won't be on pwi much prob, but if you catch me online I can show you some useful tips on that. Also I didn't know your 57, try getting +vit gear with not so bad options, also in AH there sometimes pop up. For example +14 vit necklace, which I found once. And +13 vit belt, missed that one Q_Q. Anyway the thing is, you need to time it right, if theres walking mobs around boss try luring boss somewhere else (helps in bh51 I think) and as far as I know, your glaciar should tank bh51 by the time you start getting it, the first 2 bosses for sure.

tyvm =D
    just ^^ i have - channeling gear on and atm have - 9,
    -3 from belt,
    -3 necklace
    -3 wheel of fate
    edited May 2010
    Options
    -33 total here, -6 neck, -6 belt, -6 sleeves, -6 glaive, -3 rank robe, -3 rings (both). But I only use the necklace, sleeves, belt, robe, and my highest - ring in BH's, because: Most of my gear is +vit, and these don't have vit, so it lowers my hp about 1k and that doesnt always help me. And the glaive + one ring usually lower my atk a lot, cause my normal is glaives of divinity and the ring is way lower lvl than the other one, 37 or so, while other one is 68 ish.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would ask em....
    61348498.jpg

i cant stop looking at the stats o o;;
    that person has like..millions of spirit and nice stats :o..
    my eyes Dx b:shocked
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    welcome to perferct world b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Even better when you get cleric to set rb, makes your ch even faster and thats sometimes the only way you can tank a certain boss/mob with your pet.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    -33 total here, -6 neck, -6 belt, -6 sleeves, -6 glaive, -3 rank robe, -3 rings (both). But I only use the necklace, sleeves, belt, robe, and my highest - ring in BH's, because: Most of my gear is +vit, and these don't have vit, so it lowers my hp about 1k and that doesnt always help me. And the glaive + one ring usually lower my atk a lot, cause my normal is glaives of divinity and the ring is way lower lvl than the other one, 37 or so, while other one is 68 ish.

woah ! - 33 ??
    thats alot =D
    ill show you all my stats/gear =D

14avqj6.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Even better when you get cleric to set rb, makes your ch even faster and thats sometimes the only way you can tank a certain boss/mob with your pet.

hopefully i get more channeling xD

rb sounds pretty good ^^
    more heals/better survival xD
    edited May 2010
    Options
    welcome to perferct world b:laugh

well im welcomed to be in your presence ^^
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would ask em....
    61348498.jpg

lol
    750 Mdef+9560HP? If they are 2, he will die really quickly (Sutra or debuff+dg+1 attack)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...he in frenzy mode =(
    and he has Chill of the Deep on (+30 attack level)
    and good luck saw him in stealth mode while triple spark
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...he in frenzy mode =(

Did I said 2 people?

If they are 2, ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You see many people of different classes complain about not being able to get squads.

I think people forget this is a game to be played for enjoyment.

Some one already said and has said in other posts the best thing is to find a good faction and play with like minded people.

Not everyone can afford or even if they can are willing to throw real cash or spends hours upon hours farming just to impress others.

You play to your strengths and most people will be happy to group you.

Give me some one with a sense of humour and poor gear and id rather do dungeons with them than any idiot who has more money than sense screaming noob at people .

When they eventualy wake up to how much real money they have wasted on a game then who will have the last laugh ? :)
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You see many people of different classes complain about not being able to get squads.

Some one already said and has said in other posts the best thing is to find a good faction and play with like minded people.

Not everyone can afford or even if they can are willing to throw real cash or spends hours upon hours farming just to impress others.

Give me some one with a sense of humour and poor gear and id rather do dungeons with them than any idiot who has more money than sense screaming noob at people .

When they eventualy wake up to how much real money they have wasted on a game then who will have the last laugh ? :)

b:dirty
    i love you ^^
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...he in frenzy mode =(

awww well xD i must say, your stats still scare me ^^ my friend wishes she had your rep b:chuckle
    edited May 2010
    Options

LOL, on wc theres so many ppl saying "LF herc veno only" and I give them a nice cup of "Don't give me that **** you don't need a damn herc veno for it just THINK kthxbai" then I get invite lol.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL, on wc theres so many ppl saying "LF herc veno only" and I give them a nice cup of "Don't give me that **** you don't need a damn herc veno for it just THINK kthxbai" then I get invite lol.

sometimes o o;;..
    you make me scared but happy at the same time ^__^
    who needs a herc when you can tank with your anger xD
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, I don't have a herc either, didn't have one for a while too. I used to tank my bh51's with a magmite... except last boss (who needs hercs actually? you have barbs!) then I always tanked the bh59's MYSELF with one cleric (magic bosses) and my magmite tanked ofotis. They can't complain if its bh69, cause herc cant tank nob/pole alone, nob maybe with 2 venos but not pole. So you need a barb there, about pyro/turtle, thats where I can tank too. If its bh79, I just found out I can tank that one too, magmite on stygean and me on rest. If you can't afford a herc, try making your veno a better tank (even if its arcane, i reccomend TT80 gold and sea captain sleeves with citrines), you don't need a herc to be good at the game :P

whats wrong with arcane venos? they r squishy or what? i have arcane wich i made for pvp ... they r good for pvp right b:shocked?
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.