"Noob cause dont have a Herc"

Comments

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A wise Veno once told me that nothing tanks better than a well leveled Sharptooth. I have to admit that, watching her and her "noob tank" in action....she's right. So what, a Glacial and a Herc (or a Nix) is considered "better"? If you wanna tank with something stupid like a....a....a Vipion or something, go do it! What matters is if the pet can... I dont really know about that, but if you have more than 1 mob on your pet it will tend to die.

A: Hold/Keep Aggro Yes this is a must, and talking about herc, it may not be the best aggro keepe, yet it is the only pet that can tank so many mobs (bosses included, example: TT runs)

B: Deal efficient Damage Many pets deal efficient damage, but nothing as herc (due to reflect, due to this it can hold as many monsters as you want without the veno pulling aggro) or nix which their hits are insane.

C: Take damage well in time for a Venomancer's heal. The best is Herc again, its called legendary for a reason. It has more defence due to its buffs, if your herc has 10k defence with buffs it will get 25k defence, enough explained? lol

Dude, it's your character, and if you're tanking, it probably means that you don't have a barb in squad. If they don't like the way YOUR pet is tanking, they can tank whatever boss it is their damn self. As someone said before in my faction or a squad dont remember, a herc will never be as good as a barb. This might be true in some cases :P if there's no cleric around or hes not charmed then no... XD

My comments from my experience as a veno, and yes I have a herc, and yes I will get a nix later but not now, my veno will be a grinding/dungeon veno, not a pvp veno. b:victory
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yamiino... you say that if a pet keeps more then one mob it will most likely die. Sorry but I will have to disagree with you.
    my flogling (yes a freaking frogling yeh) can take about 3 mobs of it's own lvl. Depending on what mob it is I can freely attack too. If a frogling can keep 3 mobs without trouble... then a golem can for sure. b:bye Yes, herc might be superiour in aoe grinding, but there aren't much people left that grind nowadays.

A lot of squads have no sense of the game at all.
    I saw someone looking for a barb or a herc'd veno for bh59... I decided to pm, if they want a barb, they must have a cleric already.
    person: what class?
    me: veno
    person: you have a herc?
    me: you have a cleric?
    person: yes
    me: invite me, I can tank those bosses when a cleric heals me, any magic class can, bosses only do damage over time at range.
    person: we need a tank
    me: -.- I can tank

Some people just don't get it do they? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A wise Veno once told me that nothing tanks better than a well leveled Sharptooth. I have to admit that, watching her and her "noob tank" in action....she's right. So what, a Glacial and a Herc (or a Nix) is considered "better"? If you wanna tank with something stupid like a....a....a Vipion or something, go do it! What matters is if the pet can...

A: Hold/Keep Aggro

B: Deal efficient Damage

C: Take damage well in time for a Venomancer's heal.

Dude, it's your character, and if you're tanking, it probably means that you don't have a barb in squad. If they don't like the way YOUR pet is tanking, they can tank whatever boss it is their damn self.

lol... Ask your friend to tank a boss of her level (Not a boss who are impossible with a barb) and put it on a video. First time I heard a wolf can tank. ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • EverDoom - Harshlands
    EverDoom - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nice topic b:thanks. and yea i get soooooooo freking pissed off on how i get rejected from fc squads just because i dont have a dam herc. obviously i am trying and trying to save as much money as possible just to get the dam fat **** while watching my equips fail miserably. and yea my walker can tank most of the bosses in fc that a herc can yet so many ignorant people "needs" a herc veno. and yea if you chose a barb or a cleric, u kinda need high repair/pot costs. if u dont like it, just dont play a barb...
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i hate the way people disrespect venos and clerics in this game...
    veno gets rejected for not having a herc
    cleric gets flamed for people dying in the party during BH runs
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Armsman - Archosaur
    Armsman - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People want a hercule for 2 reasons: Get a cleric and a barb more quickly. Why?

Do you know how much a barb must pay for his reperation? Idk, I stopt few week ago, but a lot. They can pay for 100k each week if he plays a lot.

And, a cleric will not need to use his/her charm/pots to heal the barb at each boss.

I dont care for hercule, exept for FC exept if the barb & the cleric want

What? Barbs only need to pay 100k each week for repair costs? I can't believe they get first pick during TT runs just for that! ...Unless you mean that's for a 3x or 4x barb.

Anyway, my main is a veno. Lvl 80 now and don't have a herc. b:cry

Do I think I'm a noob just because I don't have one? No.

Would it make me a better player? No.

Is a herc incredibly useful? Well I don't have one so I don't know for sure, but I would say yes.

I don't know how many times people in my faction have asked for help with General Feng, Kimsa the Claw King, Quillhog King, Garagantakong King, etc. These are all bosses that I can't tank without a herc (unless I have other venos helping me with healing). Not to mention that with a herc I can go solo TT squad mode. (Yes I know that most of the drops are worth **** now, but I still want to do it just to say I can.)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Michi? Is your avatar bugged? o.o

If memory serves, you just joined the fac I'm in recently, didn't you? I remember playing a BH with you on my assassin and having to leave immediately after Farren... unless I've got the wrong person, which is possible. :P

Don't get a herc. Make a statement... one that says "I will not apologize for not spending $200." Many things that a herc can tank, a more generic pet can tank just as well. There are a few TT bosses and such that a herc can tank that regular pets can't, but half the time you'll be going into TT with a Barb or a good BM anyway... and the other half, "oh well." Where is it written that it's a requirement for venos to have perfect tanking pets?

Get an Armored Bear. Get a Shadou. Get a plain old Mechcrab or Rhino for ****'s sake. All of those pets are rarer than hercs... and by rarer, I mean "people don't use them as much." That's a good thing. Be different.

And if you're the person I think you are, then just stick with this fac - no one in there will be giving you the same complaint. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Herc is, quite unfortunately, the easy way out. You WILL be expected to pretty much tank EVERYTHING, regardless of how stupid it is to have to tank it... Parties don't want to go to any real effort themselves, and if a Veno can sit there and do all the heavy lifting, that makes things so much easier for everyone else. I lost count of the bosses I tanked due to my damned blob. Yet, despite the fact that a barb could do SO much better, and actually allow me to use skills that would make everything faster, and easier for everyone else... You will not find high level parties that don't expect you to tank with a Herc. I had a debuff Pet, which I could use beside me to lower P-Def, and M-Def and cancel channeling, while I casted Amplify Damage, to make the boss take more damage, and Befuddling Mist, to cause the boss to miss more, making the tank happy. The thing that reallllllly made me mad, is when they expect the Veno to tank something that buffs itself. When you're spam healing, and have no time to do anything but spam heal, and the boss suddenly decided to buff himself with more attack, or defense, or hell, all of the above, and you can't purge, and instead have to watch larger numbers appear over your pet, and smaller numbers appear over the boss... It kinda sucks.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Soft Cactopod FTW *****
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    I hope you know that even with those (herc) buffs its still inferior to herc in pretty much every way.

Unless you got the pet skills free, huge waste of money... but then again you have 2 nix so I guess throwing money away is OK with you.

Strong and Reflect I farmed in Dragon Temple. Protect was bought for 5 mil. Much cheaper. b:chuckle
    But yes, I know fully well the limitations of a buffed magmite compared to a herc, having lvled a Bless'd herc to 95 on a different server. There is one niche that a magmite is superior to a herc, however, and that is in PK. A magmite's base physical attack is much higher than a herc's (probably the highest land pet's phys attack in the game other than scorpions), thus, its Flesh Ream does a lot more damage).

As for the two nixes, my first I spent $150 on at the beginning of the server (I couldn't help but cave in when the 5x veno with a nix hit 90 when I hit 70 with my sawfly b:surrender), the second I got as a birthday gift from Bloop b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Soft Cactopod FTW *****
    XD

My veno actually has one of those... well, actually she has the Abnormal Cactopod (from Broken Bridge Village). It's... low-40s now? I think?

Between that and her rhino, crab, oddfoot, and a few others... and the fact that she's LA... yeah. My veno is just a walking troll. Rarest things she has are tabby and pup. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    if you ask my opinion, your are kinda noob and let me explain why.
    ive spend like probably 20-30 bucks in like a year (for charms mostly) and i have herc/nix and some event items and im not the only one. even if you play for free its not an excuse to not work hard and get one.

and no if you reply back with... "do you have 5 aps?" or stupid things like that... it cost them 10 times more than a pet to get that.
    Sorry but this is stupid... Even if you spent 1M coin/level on leveling a skill to L10, that'd be an equivalent cost of $27.00. The equivalent cost for acquiring a Hercules is $186.55. Asking if you've spent $27 when you're asking if I've spent $180 isn't "stupid things like that." Refining a weapon to +7 costs $120.15 and is on par with those demanding a Hercules... so there's a better counter-challenge. If someone is DEMANDING a herc-veno and their weapon is less than +7, tell them to invest in their OWN character as much as they expect you to invest in yours or you can conclude that they are selfish morons that don't even really know how to play the game (and therefore you wouldn't want to squad with them anyway).

As far as grind for a herc... if you make 200k coin/hr it will take ~300 hours to get the 9,999 SoF you need presuming you can find them for 6k a pop or less (or better buy gold when it's cheap). 300 hours at 4 hours a day is 75 days... if you played 4 hours a day (which is a lot for people with work or school) 7 days a week that's still 10 weeks straight... mindless grinding to get a "must have" pet... doesnt' sound like being lazy to avoid that and maybe do a few BHs or TTs to learn how to run instances and work with a squad, so let's say you only grind 5 days a week and actually play the game on weekends... so we're up to 15 weeks... 3-1/2 months of grinding 5 days a week to get a herc... what kind of time or money investment did the people demanding a herc put into their character? They'd better have +7 weapon, which is still LESS EXPENSIVE than a herc, or tell them to take a hike.

I'll take a veno without a herc that knows what she's doing any day over a herc-veno without a clue (rich does not necessarily equate to capable).
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'll take a veno without a herc that knows what she's doing any day over a herc-veno without a clue (rich does not necessarily equate to capable).
    ^--- yes someone who understands ^^ i woudl give u a hug if i could =P

herc do NOT make u a better veno, just like good gear do NOT make u better than others. More powerful yes, better no.

Im also not a herc veno and i find it sad that ppl put an equal between a good veno and a herc veno. also love how ppl complain that hercs r too over powered (yes they r i think so too xD) and then the only thing they want in their squad is herc venos. its liek saying to a kid "u need to hold this lollipop if anyone shall like u" *kid starts eating the lollipop* "no u can not eat that only when ppl look at u >=(" ...

ppl deny to take venos unless they got herc (cuz ppl know nothing) so we get herc and then ppl hate on us cuz we r over powered xD.

Don't listen to ppl laughing, i don't even have a tank pet, cuz im not interested in tanking but perfecting my luring (go ahead and laugh if u want it sound stupied but ppl talk otherwise if they give me a chance). Once a friend of mine asked me to take over the tanking of a fb39 for him cuz he had to go (he was a BM) so i enter with my wolf and the first thing that happen is the BM needing the fb laughing at my wolf. "where is ur herc" "i don't need it i can tank with this" ... "ur wolf is gonna die" "we'll c about that" .... then he 3 times pulled so many mobs that it almost got the poor 37cler (i was the only one over 40 T.T) and after a long shouting he just left ashamed after i tanked the bosses without problems.

an archer is also not better than others just cuz they got the best bow in all pwi ... if they can't play their char properly go learn some more and come back when u can.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Even if you spent 1M coin/level on leveling a skill to L10, that'd be an equivalent cost of $27.00.

Edit: misread that.
  • Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i didnt mean for all of this to occur ^^

i just asked for possible advice xD
    & i know Herc is a superior pet =D
    but everyone has their own taste ^^
    also..im really level 57 just my icon is bugged b:victory
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    advice is hard cuz its the others being mistaken for laughing at u for being non-herc-veno =/, run with friends that knwo u r strong would be my best advice =/ but of cuz that limits u. or if possible run wiht the stupied guys tank without trouble laugh to their face afterwards and go off with a smile ^^
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    it wouldn't make you a better veno. I've met veno's without herc that are wonderfull at playing their class. And I met herced veno's that I never want to squad with again.

The thing is, yes, a herc has better defense then a glacial walker and is able to tank bosses that a glacial walker can't.
    I hate it when squads denie you just because you don't have a herc. But it happens. I also don't have a herc and I'm working my **** of to get one. Not because people want me to have one, or because I'm afraid people don't want me in squad, but because I love helping people and hate to ask for help.
    I have wonderfull friends who take me on fcc even if I can't tank a single boss.

If you can't afford a herc, who cares. Join a good faction, make a lot of friends and nobody cares that you don't have a herc :)

not having a herc doesn't make you a noob.

WHOO HOO PLUS 1 TO DAT! joining a good faction solves all gameplay issues
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    OH shut up, do you even know if she CAN or WANTS to spend real money on a game, I haven't spent one $, and im on my way to herc, already having a nix + good gear and fish mount. It gets easier when you lvl up, I don't wanna hear anything like that from a person who uses real money. SO shut up kthxbai.

are you that dense? since when 30$ on charms over a year buy you a herc + nix + event gear? better think before writing. its more like a small contribution for the game, i wont buy items with $

oh and for those who said that there are plenty of better venos w/o herc. first off they are bad coz they have no idea how to get one or lazy... both reasons dont make them better, especially at 9x. also i know what magmite and other junk pets can do and herc can do. it might work decent at lower lvls but at higher lvl they fail

Sorry but this is stupid... Even if you spent 1M coin/level on leveling a skill to L10, that'd be an equivalent cost of $27.00. The equivalent cost for acquiring a Hercules is $186.55. Asking if you've spent $27 when you're asking if I've spent $180 isn't "stupid things like that." Refining a weapon to +7 costs $120.15 and is on par with those demanding a Hercules... so there's a better counter-challenge. If someone is DEMANDING a herc-veno and their weapon is less than +7, tell them to invest in their OWN character as much as they expect you to invest in yours or you can conclude that they are selfish morons that don't even really know how to play the game (and therefore you wouldn't want to squad with them anyway).

As far as grind for a herc... if you make 200k coin/hr it will take ~300 hours to get the 9,999 SoF you need presuming you can find them for 6k a pop or less (or better buy gold when it's cheap). 300 hours at 4 hours a day is 75 days... if you played 4 hours a day (which is a lot for people with work or school) 7 days a week that's still 10 weeks straight... mindless grinding to get a "must have" pet... doesnt' sound like being lazy to avoid that and maybe do a few BHs or TTs to learn how to run instances and work with a squad, so let's say you only grind 5 days a week and actually play the game on weekends... so we're up to 15 weeks... 3-1/2 months of grinding 5 days a week to get a herc... what kind of time or money investment did the people demanding a herc put into their character? They'd better have +7 weapon, which is still LESS EXPENSIVE than a herc, or tell them to take a hike.

i said doent even compare herc with 5 aps and you come with this stupid argument. any idea how much it cost to get 5aps? btw, it takes a month or so to get a herc/nix and nobody force you to grind but this is a reason i can make money off others. if ppl knew how to make so money we were all the same
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    are you that dense? since when 30$ on charms over a year buy you a herc + nix + event gear? better think before writing. its more like a small contribution for the game, i wont buy items with $

oh and for those who said that there are plenty of better venos w/o herc. first off they are bad coz they have no idea how to get one or lazy... both reasons dont make them better, especially at 9x. also i know what magmite and other junk pets can do and herc can do. it might work decent at lower lvls but at higher lvl they fail

i said doent even compare herc with 5 aps and you come with this stupid argument. any idea how much it cost to get 5aps? btw, it takes a month or so to get a herc/nix and nobody force you to grind but this is a reason i can make money off others. if ppl knew how to make so money we were all the same

Uhg, ANOTHER one. Stop saying that the only way to succeed as a veno is to spend lots of money on a pet. It's the player that makes the veno, not the pet. A veno is not a fail just because they didnt spend millions of ingame coins or hundreds of RL money to buy some ugly **** big yellow baby. b:bye
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    advice is hard cuz its the others being mistaken for laughing at u for being non-herc-veno =/, run with friends that knwo u r strong would be my best advice =/ but of cuz that limits u. or if possible run wiht the stupied guys tank without trouble laugh to their face afterwards and go off with a smile ^^
    The problem is that not many venos know what their class can do. As a consequence, even fewer players of other classes are aware of what venos are good for. All they know is that venos are bad DD and can only tank high bosses with herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This thread is full of fail. Should have been moved to /dev/null instead to the Veno forum.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Uhg, ANOTHER one. Stop saying that the only way to succeed as a veno is to spend lots of money on a pet. It's the player that makes the veno, not the pet. A veno is not a fail just because they didnt spend millions of ingame coins or hundreds of RL money to buy some ugly **** big yellow baby. b:bye

how can you succeed as a veno if you start as saying such ****? pets are part of the veno playstyle, play with the junk ones and you will end up soloing mostly coz nobody inv you to anything. you will need constantly help from others at high lvls, how can you reduce tank costs or farm your own gear and help faction or what not with such rigid view that venos are good w/o pets? now taking this to a deeper lvl like pvp, sawfly is nothing compared to a nix but again here in this thread post only lowbies and ppl that have no idea how to succeed in this game.

hanging around with friends and helping with noob quests is one thing but if you want to be in a top guild and such, you need to start thinking that you wont suceed like that. some venos want to be on the same rank as all the other venos but dont want to spend the time/work that others did it to get there.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    but...
    a veno with a herc is wicked! its your end game pet
    some people see it as a neccessity
    like once i was in a BH, tank saw my mp go under 75% and started screaming in squad chat... "OMG who invited this noob cleric?! she dont even have a charmm!"
    so now i cant use sesame yuanxio anymore? :P
    i will squad with you anyday OP!

You don't need to be charmed to play Cleric and if they only knew was BB does to a Charm does to a charm.I t doesn't take much to get herc as higher lvls I guess they expect it and there are TW factions which require you have one before they except you especially a Nix..

I guess that squad never heard of MP food before.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    but again here in this thread post only lowbies and ppl that have no idea how to succeed in this game.

Don't forget the avatarless forum trolls. One seems to be posting in this thread as well.

And as a 91 Veno WITH a Herc, I will say one thing. Sometimes, you just have to go along with the noobs if you want any chance of succeeding. I loathed those idiots who wouldn't party with me without a Herc. So, you know what I did? I got the damned thing, and discovered a lovely, lovely thing. I no longer needed squads. So, it's quite funny, TBH, that parties won't accept you without a Herc, when you don't need them once you do obtain a Herc. There is a very, very small percentage of this game you can not do alone with a Herc, and that percentage is where you take you friends and faction into, due to the difficulty of it, not some random party noobs that you can't trust.

It will be hard, especially now that prices are through the roof, and it will take a ton of patience, but you can earn a Herc without cash. And once you do, YOU get to call the shots. And that is worth more than any price tag.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^.You still need squads in certain FB/BHs as Herc can't do the damage a Barb can.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yamiino... you say that if a pet keeps more then one mob it will most likely die. Sorry but I will have to disagree with you.
    my flogling (yes a freaking frogling yeh) can take about 3 mobs of it's own lvl. Depending on what mob it is I can freely attack too. If a frogling can keep 3 mobs without trouble... then a golem can for sure. b:bye Yes, herc might be superiour in aoe grinding, but there aren't much people left that grind nowadays.

Was pretty much reffering on instances :P no one needs world mobs to be tanked, even a lv 30 piggy can tank a lv 40 mob ^^ (proved), and yes I'm one of those who grind. I lvled my veno from scratch to lv 40 (did like 5 quests... all the other exp came out of grinding), then started doing bhs, yet i still grind a lot. Just read bellow, thats what I wanted to say.
    lol... Ask your friend to tank a boss of her level (Not a boss who are impossible with a barb) and put it on a video. First time I heard a wolf can tank. ...
    Exactly.
    i hate the way people disrespect venos and clerics in this game...
    veno gets rejected for not having a herc
    cleric gets flamed for people dying in the party during BH runs
    Tell be about it, I have both classes lol, yet my fave is still Cleric no matter what b:pleased though there are some clerics (I have seen it on my veno) that they think they can tank whatever they wants (even in fbs), when they are 5 lvls lower than the boss, yes there are noobs for everything, some people did not born to be a support class, or atleast learn to not take aggro or atleast know how to protect yourself from it.

And yes I hate when people blame the cleric from dieing when the fault was of someone else, usually by people following stealth assassins agroing everything on the way without even attacking them so the cleric heals, the cleric aggros all, the cleric dies, "noob cleric" comment comes up, then it aggros everyone else, they die, and again the comment "noob cleric". Who's fault was it? not the cleric's period.
    ^.You still need squads in certain FB/BHs as Herc can't do the damage a Barb can.

According to what a herc veno told me in TT, a herc can deal around 10k / sec. due to reflect. Might or not be true, but if its true, a barb can't deal as much on a TT boss. Not even magic classes which have the highest damage deal that much, as much they deal 3k-4k and thats a lot for TT caster classes.

I don't know how much a lv 45 barb can deal on qingzi (the current bhs im doing on veno), but herc reflects around ~800 (reflect) + ~400 (herc damage), that makes 1.2k per second or even more. I remember my cleric was able to deal around ~1-1.5k at those levels (when bh did not even exist).

Don't forget the avatarless forum trolls. One seems to be posting in this thread as well.

And as a 91 Veno WITH a Herc, I will say one thing. Sometimes, you just have to go along with the noobs if you want any chance of succeeding. I loathed those idiots who wouldn't party with me without a Herc. So, you know what I did? I got the damned thing, and discovered a lovely, lovely thing. I no longer needed squads. So, it's quite funny, TBH, that parties won't accept you without a Herc, when you don't need them once you do obtain a Herc. There is a very, very small percentage of this game you can not do alone with a Herc, and that percentage is where you take you friends and faction into, due to the difficulty of it, not some random party noobs that you can't trust.

It will be hard, especially now that prices are through the roof, and it will take a ton of patience, but you can earn a Herc without cash. And once you do, YOU get to call the shots. And that is worth more than any price tag.

LOL so true, even barbs look for my bh29 run with herc XD I can solo it pretty much, have done it before. I pretty much just invite people in secret passage because I have used my run, so i just squad with one or two just for the invite :P YES JUST FOR THE INVITE WE DONT NEED FAIL SQUADS TY. Wish it was this way for clerics as well... but meh we cant get all we want.

Its not a lie a veno can solo a TT when any other class cant, sure, it may take longer, but herc is a pretty nice deal, if you get one, you wont need any other ground pet anymore, you'll just need a fly pet, and a water pet (which fly pet it is recommended a nix but you can just get a herc first and farm for the nix, thats what im doing atm.)
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Its not a lie a veno can solo a TT when any other class cant, sure, it may take longer, but herc is a pretty nice deal, if you get one, you wont need any other ground pet anymore, you'll just need a fly pet, and a water pet (which fly pet it is recommended a nix but you can just get a herc first and farm for the nix, thats what im doing atm.)

Having a lure pet, a range tank (there's stuff an Eldergoth can tank that a Herc can't at the same level), and a DD pet (that does more damage than a Herc can when you're not pet-tanking) is nice though. Heck, a golem can be kept as a tank for lower level stuff where it can keep aggro better than a Herc. A Herc is not a one-size-fits-all solution to the land pet problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    how can you succeed as a veno if you start as saying such ****? pets are part of the veno playstyle, play with the junk ones and you will end up soloing mostly coz nobody inv you to anything. you will need constantly help from others at high lvls, how can you reduce tank costs or farm your own gear and help faction or what not with such rigid view that venos are good w/o pets? now taking this to a deeper lvl like pvp, sawfly is nothing compared to a nix but again here in this thread post only lowbies and ppl that have no idea how to succeed in this game.

hanging around with friends and helping with noob quests is one thing but if you want to be in a top guild and such, you need to start thinking that you wont suceed like that. some venos want to be on the same rank as all the other venos but dont want to spend the time/work that others did it to get there.

A pet is not junk just because its not a nix or herc. And the people who dont invite a veno just because she doesnt have a herc are noobs.
    As for the help, this is an MMORPG. People are SUPPOSED to help each other at some point in time, even blatantly forced to do so (ex. TT).
    And as for the lowbies comment, BEING HIGH LEVEL DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN EXPERT. Especially if you lamely cash shopped like 50 of your levels.
    Not everyone cares about being in a "top guild" full of a bunch of jerks that judge you based on how much money you spent on the game.

• Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010

Amen to that.

• Islanthiel - Heavens Tear
    Islanthiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why do people hate on venos with herc? I see many venos (as well as other classes) saying that veno with herc sucks... There are as many venos without herc that fail as there are venos with herc that fail. Yes, I agree that it's sad that venos without herc don't get invited to squads much, but that doesn't mean that venos with herc should get flamed like this....
This discussion has been closed.