"Noob cause dont have a Herc"

Comments

• Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why do people hate on venos with herc? I see many venos (as well as other classes) saying that veno with herc sucks... There are as many venos without herc that fail as there are venos with herc that fail. Yes, I agree that it's sad that venos without herc don't get invited to squads much, but that doesn't mean that venos with herc should get flamed like this....

...who's flaming? I'm not. All i'm saying is that a veno is not automatically the best in the world just because she has a herc.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Islanthiel - Heavens Tear
    Islanthiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, so far in every thread I've read "discussing" GW/Golem and herc pets venos with hercs are put under a not so favorable light, which is what I was trying to point out.
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    how can you succeed as a veno if you start as saying such @#$^? pets are part of the veno playstyle, play with the junk ones and you will end up soloing mostly coz nobody inv you to anything. you will need constantly help from others at high lvls, how can you reduce tank costs or farm your own gear and help faction or what not with such rigid view that venos are good w/o pets? now taking this to a deeper lvl like pvp, sawfly is nothing compared to a nix but again here in this thread post only lowbies and ppl that have no idea how to succeed in this game.

hanging around with friends and helping with noob quests is one thing but if you want to be in a top guild and such, you need to start thinking that you wont suceed like that. some venos want to be on the same rank as all the other venos but dont want to spend the time/work that others did it to get there.

this is true. well it doesnt matter if u dont have lengendary pet at low lvl, but after lv90, u will have big problems of making money and farming ur own gears, especially in top guilds, u cant even cover the weekly TW cost and its a joke to PvP w/o nix.

if u just play the game for fun, then its fine, but if u wanna succeed as a venom. u need a herc, it may takes long to get one, but the attitude that 'i can succeed w/o herc and nix' is totally BS.

lets say

Venoms that can afford a herc(coins / credit card), im sure they can afford their nice gears. they are either heavy cashshoppers or the BEST PvEers on the server(well i have to high light this). for cashshoppers, they may cashshopped their lvl, they may fail at skills, but they can take their time to learn how to play.

Venoms that r working on getting a herc, thats nice, keep it up. I was once one of the venoms that sell everything trying to get that ugly fat ****.

For those who think they plays well w/o herc(maybe nix on pvp server). First of all, u fail at PvE cuz u cant earn enuf money to get a herc. secondly, dont laugh at thoese who have a herc, some of them PvE much better than u and the rest of them r richer than u irl, yeah, these cashoppers MAY fail at playing but they have time to learn, and u dont even have the right to learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    To sum it up there's 4 reasons why ->mostly<- every veno is looking forward for a hercules.

1. To be invited in squads, as someone said before, once you have a herc you don't really need a squad but ok... probably just to get the full bh done but appart of that, don't find a reason really, probably wine expenses? yeah that might be it.

2. Keeping aggro of several mobs (reflect)

3. Coin saving, once you get it, you will find it easier to farm coins and solo instances.

4. The defense is insane it will even let you atk the monster without the worry to heal it up unless your herc has like 5-6 mobs on it, then you wont have time to atk but will have enough with heals.

Funny, 70% of the trolling on this thread is of venos who do not have a herc, as Islanthiel said, theres venos who fail with a herc and theres venos who fail without it too, its up to the experience how you learn to control your pet wether its a herc or not.

In my personal opinion, there was a moment where I did not have a herc, yes, and I was one of the wolf lovers, yes, but... it really got the way around, way more easy, way less running, way less stress, way less money spent (talking about coins duh) with a herc that i just love it. Once you get one (which im sure 70% of the people who do not have a herc and are trolling here are looking forward for it), and I will tell you now, it is worth it.

Dont mind the noobs that don't invite you to squads, when you get one they will send invites even if you dont want to lmao (happened before =.=; b:sad), just get it and prove me wrong b:victory
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010

According to what a herc veno told me in TT, a herc can deal around 10k / sec. due to reflect. Might or not be true, but if its true, a barb can't deal as much on a TT boss. Not even magic classes which have the highest damage deal that much, as much they deal 3k-4k and thats a lot for TT caster classes.

I don't know how much a lv 45 barb can deal on qingzi (the current bhs im doing on veno), but herc reflects around ~800 (reflect) + ~400 (herc damage), that makes 1.2k per second or even more. I remember my cleric was able to deal around ~1-1.5k at those levels (when bh did not even exist).

What I am talking about though is what a Barb can do that a Herc can't in an FB.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A pet is not junk just because its not a nix or herc. And the people who dont invite a veno just because she doesnt have a herc are noobs.
    As for the help, this is an MMORPG. People are SUPPOSED to help each other at some point in time, even blatantly forced to do so (ex. TT).
    And as for the lowbies comment, BEING HIGH LEVEL DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN EXPERT. Especially if you lamely cash shopped like 50 of your levels.
    Not everyone cares about being in a "top guild" full of a bunch of jerks that judge you based on how much money you spent on the game.
    not all free pets are junk but walker/magmite/sawfly starts to fail at high lvls. according to you like 99% of the server are noob coz they dont invite a veno w/o hercule. i know some higher lvl venos that dont have herc and its not first time when you see them talking... "i feel so useless"... and its the truth.
    none cash shopped my lvl dear, i had to grind for most of my lvls when there was zero bh/hypers/oracle and on top of that constantly ganks at xp spots coz of pvp server. none grind today so most ppl are poor. now its easier to get lvls but also easier to make money off other players since lots of players barely know the game or the market, all they want is fast lvls and shiny gear. my herc/nix are bought with ingame coins not gold and if others spent rl money for their gear i dont mind, this is how this game was designed. hell, there are even players that got rank 8 without rl money and that is much more expensive than a nx/herc
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well I'm grinding like 1 gold a day, and I spend a few Euro each month, slowly working on the Herc.
    I decided I had to have one when Wyvern in 51 killed my 79 GW, then a 63 Herc killed it without breaking a sweat.

ATM, at 84, I could have run FCC several times ... if I had a Herc. Since I don't have it yet, this is going to have to wait, too, so levelling is slow and tedious.

Yes, getting a Herc IS worth it.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What I am talking about though is what a Barb can do that a Herc can't in an FB.

Well yeah, there are several things a herc cant do, but if the worry is "can i solo it?" then the answer is usually a "yes" (not counting world bosses b:surrender lol).

Barbs in the other hand, they need a cleric (wait before you barbs start cussing at me) if they are not charmed, not only for heals, but purify is also a must have when running fbs/bhs

Barb is the best PHY (and some times MAG) tanker, but they also have some flaws...

- The def. of a barb deppends on the stats and the equipment, if the equipment is lame, then the barb is lame, and will need a cleric 100%. Hell I've seen AA barbs... yes its funny.

- Barb expenses are high, just think of it, if you pay a repair bill of 100k, as a veno or cleric, I've heard that barbs can get a repair bill for 400k, they are expensive!

- A barb without a charm is usually called "noob", however as a cleric, I know there are still foods, and if there's a cleric around, there's no need for a charm really (actually.... deppends on the cleric too...). Here's when the real noobs appear b:chuckle

Now, what barbs are better than hercs:

- Buffs

- They have a brain, not like herc, some times it runs and atks unnecesary mobs... (a barb can do this too usually without even atking the mobs so all the squad will most likely be wiped because not keeping aggro)

- Higher stats

- More HP

- Chat

- Pay bills (counting wine bills too)

- Carry you (herc cant carry you QQQQQQQQQQQQQ b:cry lol, would be so awesome XD)

- Aggro keeping

- Stunning

- Stronger Aoes

Yes barb is still the best tank, deppends on the skills of the person, yes, but they're usually the best tank if a cleric is around

Note: Nowadays, its harder to find a cleric to join squads for fb/bhs, as a cleric i know every time i look for a bh i get an invite within 5 mins of searching squad, when on veno, i don't really get invites (only from people who know i can tank... but appart of that, no)

I love being a cleric and a veno they're awesome classes yesh <3 b:victory
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I never said they didn't a Cleric of coase they do and charmed or not with high hps they survive a fight.It is just that they have skills that Herc doesn't have and this gets different when going demon or sage.Don't forget that Barb as squad buffs which a Herc doesn't have.Veno with herc can solo but only at the higher lvl or certain bosses in TT not all of them.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    loooooong post
    A barbarian is able to keep one's physical resistance lowered by 50% constantly with devour. paired with a BM with fists, assassin or archer that's a great reliable damage boost while killing bosses. The closest thing a veno can do is ironwood or hope for armor break with demon IW/myriad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Dont make a mistake. Wait time on Cleric + Barb on RT = time in which a Herc Veno can do her BH.

Also, all the drops belong to the Veno. So who cares if Barb + Cleric can do the same thing better? It's not about how fast it goes (see above). It's the result that matters.

Personally, I can't wait for Lv 90, when I don't have to deal with random Barbs and Clerics anymore for the BHs.
  • Marian_anna - Heavens Tear
    Marian_anna - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    See that's the common misconception about venos. It's automatically figured that if you don't have a herc that you're fail and that you'll never be good enough for squads x.x I've heard it all before. A pet is what you make of it really, say if you went ahead and leveled up an antelope pup to 90. Now that puppy is gonna be pretty tough. People have always told me that going with pets you get in the beginning like the wolfling and the scorpion will be your best bet for toughness however I'm just speaking from what I've heard. I get so irritated at the fact that you HAVE to be a herc veno in order to go in FF or just about any TT. Anyways I hope that helped a little ^.^
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That levelled up antelope is still going to be significantly less powerful than an equivalently levelled up herc.

But yes, if you're not tanking then the herc isn't vital. Or even always the best choice.

But. The person with a herc? They can ALSO have an antelope, for if it's ever useful. (It isn't, bad example. Scorpion, say.)
    The person without a herc? Well, they can't also have a herc when that's needed...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Dont make a mistake. Wait time on Cleric + Barb on RT = time in which a Herc Veno can do her BH.

Also, all the drops belong to the Veno. So who cares if Barb + Cleric can do the same thing better? It's not about how fast it goes (see above). It's the result that matters.

Personally, I can't wait for Lv 90, when I don't have to deal with random Barbs and Clerics anymore for the BHs.

You will to as to the later BHs even Herc won't be a good a having full sqd.

Yes.You can use other pets as long as you are in full sqd mode and are there for luring and assisting in doing damage.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    You don't seem to get my point. On RT, you can spend hours to find a Barb.

Hours.

The few Barbs that seem to exist in my levelrange obviously prefer to run FC (you won't get an invite for this w/o a Herc on RT, I've tried).
  • kenlee
    edited May 2010
    yea barbs want to cut some of their expenses

about barb having better stats than herc, idk but herc can get alot of pdef/mdef... especially mdef if the barb is a heavy CS and got good pdef but what herc doesnt have is the hp. if herc had huge hp it could tank everything. ok probably not ilusion lord since that one hit pet for 15k-30k sometimes
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Hercs have decent defence and hitpoints.

They don't have ENOUGH of either, and lack one important thing:
    There's no way to purify a pet.

Barb+Cleric will always have a place.

But very much agree on being able to just go and DO stuff without having to faff around and wait being lovely.
    Can't WAIT to hit 90 and not be stuck in 69 (where I *can't*)
  • kenlee
    edited May 2010
    if herc had even close to barbs hp you dont need to purify them since you heal faster or more than a cleric and herc defences are 2x kish or even more
    plus you can always find a second veno to heal
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Well.. gosh.

I was about to say "Surely that aint true" - but no, your right. Herc has (buffed) 20k pdef (zero evasion though) - where a barb has around 12k.

But the barbs hitpoints blow the herc out of the water - 12k or so vs under 4k. (Both comparisons done at 8x)

My heals are on the order of 3k hitpoints, so I'm not sure it's fair to say I outheal a cleric. I'm not even sure that a lot of hitpoints would be enough, without purify - I've met the occasional boss that can outdamage my heals. And whilst yes, you can add more veno's to heal, likewise, you can add more clerics...
  • Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear
    Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    so can anyone put it blatantly what and what a GW can and cannot tank?, which and which bosses also? is that possible? This would really help, because i quit my veno because i couldnt afford a herc. I thought to myself why bother if it wont be of any use later on, but its good to know there are certain things it can tank. I would just like to know what
    edited May 2010
    You see many people of different classes complain about not being able to get squads.

I think people forget this is a game to be played for enjoyment.

Some one already said and has said in other posts the best thing is to find a good faction and play with like minded people.

Not everyone can afford or even if they can are willing to throw real cash or spends hours upon hours farming just to impress others.

You play to your strengths and most people will be happy to group you.

Give me some one with a sense of humour and poor gear and id rather do dungeons with them than any idiot who has more money than sense screaming noob at people .

When they eventualy wake up to how much real money they have wasted on a game then who will have the last laugh ? :)

HAHAHAHAHA omg AMEN! FULL STOP! :)
    edited May 2010
    how Can You Succeed As A Veno If You Start As Saying Such ****? Pets Are Part Of The Veno Playstyle, Play With The Junk Ones And You Will End Up Soloing Mostly Coz Nobody Inv You To Anything. You Will Need Constantly Help From Others At High Lvls, How Can You Reduce Tank Costs Or Farm Your Own Gear And Help Faction Or What Not With Such Rigid View That Venos Are Good W/o Pets? Now Taking This To A Deeper Lvl Like Pvp, Sawfly Is Nothing Compared To A Nix But Again Here In This Thread Post Only Lowbies And Ppl That Have No Idea How To Succeed In This Game.

Hanging Around With Friends And Helping With Noob Quests Is One Thing But If You Want To Be In A Top Guild And Such, You Need To Start Thinking That You Wont Suceed Like That. Some Venos Want To Be On The Same Rank As All The Other Venos But Dont Want To Spend The Time/work That Others Did It To Get There.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh Its A Gameeeeeeeeeeeeee Get A Lifeee Omgg Shut Uppp Get A Boyfriend Of Something. You Must Be Lonely O_o. All This Talk Of Succeeding All U Need To Worry About Is Succeeding In Life V.v Its Hopeless
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh Its A Gameeeeeeeeeeeeee Get A Lifeee Omgg Shut Uppp Get A Boyfriend Of Something. You Must Be Lonely O_o. All This Talk Of Succeeding All U Need To Worry About Is Succeeding In Life V.v Its Hopeless

...seriously? this isnt exactly the place to trash ppl about loving PW u knowb:surrender
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    so can anyone put it blatantly what and what a GW can and cannot tank?, which and which bosses also?

It's only about bosses, you can always tank normal monsters.

As for bosses, this would actually be useful information, which means you won't find it. I'm going to try Khewy after getting to 73 (72+98.x% ATM), and I'm still trying to find a website that describes bosses in more detail --- the database has damage numbers, but no buffs and other special traits. Ecatomb seems to list these special traits, but doesn't quantify them... not even trivial stuff such as AoE ranges.

And you're expecting information about which bosses a Veno can tank, on a game where even basic information about bosses isn't available?

Basic rule: you cannot tank "real" bosses at anywhere near the time you get the quests. But I guess everyone can figure THAT out :-)
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Marian_anna - Heavens Tear
    Marian_anna - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    how can you succeed as a veno if you start as saying such ____? pets are part of the veno playstyle, play with the junk ones and you will end up soloing mostly cause nobody invite you to anything. you will need constantly help from others at high lvls, how can you reduce tank costs or farm your own gear and help faction or what not with such rigid view that venos are good w/o pets? Now taking this to a deeper lvl like pvp, sawfly is nothing compared to a nix but again here in this thread post only lowbies and ppl that have no idea how to succeed in this game.

hanging around with friends and helping with noob quests is one thing but if you want to be in a top guild and such, you need to start thinking that you wont suceed like that. some venos want to be on the same rank as all the other venos but dont want to spend the time/work that others did it to get there.

Now see you're just thinking inside the box like a lot of other people. You don't NEED a herc to succeed. Success is whatever the veno chooses it to be, whether it be to get a herc, or be in a top guild, or just enjoy the game to the fullest. Theory is...it's only a game and people need to not take it so serious. If you enjoy the game that should be all that counts in the end no matter who or what it is. And no there isn't people who don't know how to "succeed" posting here, just people who choose different ways of enjoying it. b:chuckle
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    At 79, I could solo all the 49 culti bosses with a walker, including Luminoc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:surrender I could solo them with my lil frog at that lvl ... ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Batman - Harshlands
    Batman - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Now see you're just thinking inside the box like a lot of other people. You don't NEED a herc to succeed. Success is whatever the veno chooses it to be, whether it be to get a herc, or be in a top guild, or just enjoy the game to the fullest. Theory is...it's only a game and people need to not take it so serious. If you enjoy the game that should be all that counts in the end no matter who or what it is. And no there isn't people who don't know how to "succeed" posting here, just people who choose different ways of enjoying it. b:chuckle
    you are thinking inside the box not me. i said if you want to suceed and be in a top guild and stuff like that. ofc you can enjoy the game in all the possible ways, some ppl play the game just to chat
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's just stupid, as if a Glacial can't tank.
    I can't afford a Herc either, I'll just keep a Glacial and they gotta learn to live with it, lolz.
    A Glacial makes a good tanker too, or else they just have to get a Barb and Cleric in squad too, lolz.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOl if those ppl think it so easy ..and get 200dollar in 1 sec..ask em to buy 1. they probbly like to waste away real mony on game..b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
This discussion has been closed.