New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Options

Comments

• Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Forcing a 13 year old to see many of the comments that are being said is illegal under US law. Failure to enforce these rules would result in the game being shut down.

peace out

Thats what i wanted to read, this horn thing is quite more serious than most of the people here can see. Devs must kick this horn outta PWI as fast as they can.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you cant take age into consideration though for a few reasons ->

1) under the age of 18 PARENTS much give permission for them to register and play

2) there are many under the age of 18 that are the ones wc'ing/horn shouting these things

the above is CLEARLY listed in the TOS...(see below) b:shutup

You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Games and certain features and functions or our Service. You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account. If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, we require that you review these Terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them. If you are the parent of guardian of a user of our website and you have questions about this website or these terms, please contact us at tos@perfectworldinc.com.

By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parents or legal guardian have read and agreed to these Terms, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service.

Notwithstanding the above, certain portions of our Website and some of our games may contain mature contents not suitable for anyone younger than 18 years of age. We will require that you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older to access such content. If you enter any portion of the Website which is intended for or is marked for mature audiences only, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years old or the applicable age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and have the legal right to access such content. We shall not be responsible in any way for your failure to accurately confirm your age per the terms hereunder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »

1) under the age of 18 PARENTS much give permission for them to register and play

2) there are many under the age of 18 that are the ones wc'ing/horn shouting these things

the above is CLEARLY listed in the TOS...b:shutup

Well according to the actual thing you have to fill out to play PWI, you need to be 13+ to make an account. Along with that, it says you "need parent permission", Now i'm 16. I made this account when I was 15. I never asked for parental permission because my mother doesn't know jack about games and alot of parents in the current world don't. So most kids never ask.

While I agree most of the WC spam is from the younger area, it's because the kids are now-a-days exposed to all this bullcrap and parents, teachers, basically adults in general, don't go ANYTHING to help put a stop to it....

So please.... b:shutup
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Forcing a 13 year old to see many of the comments that are being said is illegal under US law. Failure to enforce these rules would result in the game being shut down.

peace out
    I'm sorry....there's no nice way to put this....

What you just said is ****ing stupid. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY THIS GAME.

If you don't like it, there's the door. →
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

the above is CLEARLY listed in the TOS...(see below) b:shutup

yea maybe they wont risk anything. but its bad. its really bad to hide behind these excuses to wont be able of stopping this madness. i dont think devs are bad persons, are they?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coldfury
    coldfury Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Options
    perfect horns r fine but they invade all chat areas
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well according to the actual thing you have to fill out to play PWI, you need to be 13+ to make an account. Along with that, it says you "need parent permission", Now i'm 16. I made this account when I was 15. I never asked for parental permission because my mother doesn't know jack about games and alot of parents in the current world don't. So most kids never ask.

While I agree most of the WC spam is from the younger area, it's because the kids are now-a-days exposed to all this bullcrap and parents, teachers, basically adults in general, don't go ANYTHING to help put a stop to it....

So please.... b:shutup

you just 100% made my point for me b:cute

the fact is you violated the tos in stating what you just did b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bey - Lost City
    Bey - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

My girlfriend wants me to do it but I cant be bothered to actually log in this horrible game to take screens. That would require reinstalling this **** on my computer again and that is NOT going to happen.

peace out

uhm, if you don't play the game, or even have it installed anymore, why are you on here talking about the game you don't play? Just curious.
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea maybe they wont risk anything. but its bad. its really bad to hide behind these excuses to wont be able of stopping this madness. i dont think devs are bad persons, are they?

not saying good or bad, but the TOS is there for a reason. this type of reason. people cannot use "the children" as an excuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thats what i wanted to read, this horn thing is quite more serious than most of the people here can see. Devs must kick this horn outta PWI as fast as they can.
    Stop being such a tool.

There is nothing wrong with the horns. They just need to be more expensive.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuji_Takasu - Lost City
    Ryuji_Takasu - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its not that i don't like the horns, i think being able to change the color is a pretty cool little thing. the thing i don't like about them is the fact that they show up in faction and squad chat.
    They are a good idea but they should only appear on world chat or at least make it so we can filter them out of faction and squad chat.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you just 100% made my point for me b:cute

the fact is you violated the tos in stating what you just did b:bye

Actually, I technically didn't. Because I yelled at my mom "You mind me playing some games?" and she responded with "Nope!". So via that loop-hole, I didn't invalidate the ToS on my end :P
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually, I technically didn't. Because I yelled at my mom "You mind me playing some games?" and she responded with "Nope!". So via that loop-hole, I didn't invalidate the ToS on my end :P

do not pin me TOS for your logic:
    If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, we require that you review these Terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them.

b:cute but nice try
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    not saying good or bad, but the TOS is there for a reason. this type of reason. people cannot use "the children" as an excuse.

thats the point, they wrote that just cause ppl cant use children as an excuse.

thats what i call "escaping from problems and hiding in safezone"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options

*Headdesk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    do not pin me ToS for your logic:

b:cute but nice try

So many loop-holes in that statement, Any lawyer could abuse them b:cute
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options

no it is not. your 13 year old child does not have to play a game on the internet. it really is simple, as it is not meant to be a babysitter. it is and should be the parents responsibility to monitor their childrens online actions at all times, rather simple imo.

from a legal stand point, these are a protection and this is not nor will ever be the only company to have the exact same safe guards. once again, it is the parents responsibility not the makers of this game to "shield" a child from potential harm, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So many loop-holes in that statement, Any lawyer could abuse them b:cute

show me your law degree and i will show you my law background. besides the simple fact that you have admitted to this not taking place = violation. b:bye

sorry..dble post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *Headdesk*

this horn selling is just like fire weapon merchants in wars: its not their fault if ppl die, but if they dont sell ppl wont die.

is this a perfect world or its just like the **** real world? b:shocked

edit: im making maybe too big comparisons, this is just a game, but its just to make it easier to think

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bey - Lost City
    Bey - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This really shouldn't be about "the children". That has nothing to do with the situation. Parents need to deal with their own kids. Personal responsibility here folks. This line of argument isn't really helping. "For the children" shouldn't be a default argument.

The issue is do these horns add to the over all game play? Are they a good and welcome addition or should they be taken out, or tweeked?

They should be adjusted so they can be filtered out seems to be the overall feeling currently, one I am in agreement with.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this horn selling is just like fire weapon merchants in wars: its not their fault if ppl die, but if they dont sell ppl wont die.

is this a perfect world or its just like the **** real world? b:shocked

edit: im making maybe too big comparisons, this is just a game, but its just to make it easier to think
    No, you're making **** comparisons that have no relation to the problem at hand: They're annoying

That's it.

Stop trying to inflate the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ultimately this -->

they will be around for at least a week b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What I find funny is that the mass majority of the people posting here are in strong agreement, while there have mainly been 2 people that for one reason or another seem to be against said agreement just to be against it.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

We realize there are a lot of vocal opinions about the new Perfect Horn; please let us know what you think about it in this thread.

Personally, I'm on Heaven's Tear right now to gauge the situation, and I've seen about one Horn message per minute. I'm thinking that Horn usage will decrease a bit once everyone gets his or her chance to try the new item, but we'll see.

So please share your thoughts on the subject here. Thanks :)

fixed. im dissapointed in you Frankie

on topic: this perfect horn is the most annoying **** ever!!!!!! b:angry and when you see the pink text you get excited thing ooh i got a whisper? but no! its just some random ***** spewing nonsense!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, you're making **** comparisons that have no relation to the problem at hand: They're annoying

That's it.

Stop trying to inflate the issue.

Ok, i said what i had to say. I realise this is going a bit too far.

The best idea is to increase the fee to 25 silver and to increase the cooldown of horn usage to 10 minutes imho.

Better would be totally remove horn chat, but it wont happen i think.

Peace, i just hope something will change.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What I find funny is that the mass majority of the people posting here are in strong agreement, while there have mainly been 2 people that for one reason or another seem to be against said agreement just to be against it.

i dont know who you are referring to but i wanted to say this: i am not for against these horns tbh. i just like the discussion of both sides in this and the fact that it is actually a decent discussion as far as these forums go b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont know who you are referring to but i wanted to say this: i am not for against these horns tbh. i just like the discussion of both sides in this and the fact that it is actually a decent discussion as far as these forums go b:victory
    True, and I wasn't actually talking about you, I mean the main two who happened to be calling the people who at least want the option to block HC (Horn Chat) "QQers," and putting down all their other opinions.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    True, and I wasn't actually talking about you, I mean the main two who happened to be calling the people who at least want the option to block HC (Horn Chat) "QQers," and putting down all their other opinions.

happens all the time. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You're doing fine, though.
    But to get back on topic: Can we have an actual poll done here to see who wants what done with the horns?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't think it matters that it might slow down over a few weeks, a month from now some idiot might buy several of them and spam repetedly to the point where you couldnt talk to anyone at that time, JUST to annoy us.

Another thing that I'm upset about is what people could spam in my chats. WC sometimes gets sexual, racist, sexist, homophobic etc once when players were going on and on cracking jokes about dead babies I was very sensitive about it but then I could just turn WC off and get myself back together. With this horm thing that could still happen, no matter how long it has been out and the only way to avoid it is to log off the game or just quit completely.
This discussion has been closed.