New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    on A Personal Note:
    Frankie, It's Not The Content Of The Messages That Gets Me. It's The Fact That They Show Up In Squad, Faction, And Whisper.
    These Are Private Channels, Reserved For The Various Groups Of People I choose To Associate With. If I Want To Read What The General Public Has To Say, That's What Common Chat And The World Chat Channel Are For.

Adding New Emotes, Colors, And So Forth? Win.
    Making Them Unfilterable Broadband? Epic Fail.

Ditto!!! Epic Fail!!!!
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Didn't bother reading the pages, but earlier someone was using the red text and used "System Announcement:" and some text after it. Now, I knew it was a false because I have my chat font size on the smallest setting, but anyone who has it on the "normal" middle setting, was probably WTFing.

Honestly, this new chat thing is confusing the **** out of me. Before when people were using the chat colors with text code, there weren't many people doing it because not a lot of people knew how to do it or whatever...but now? Anyone can do it at the cost of 15 cents.

I suggest maybe "blocking" colors already used by PW (like red for system announcements, the aqua for faction, etc etc)...and implementing a rule that no one can use those text codes anymore to get those colors and trying to get around the "block.". ;\
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if these are tradeable like teles, than i think they will eventually REPLACE teles and the colored **** will be scrolling wildly b:shocked
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys,

We realize there are a lot of vocal opinions about the new Perfect Horn; please let us know what you think about it in this thread.

Personally, I'm on Heaven's Tear right now to gauge the situation, and I've seen about one Horn message per minute. I'm thinking that Horn usage will decrease a bit once everyone gets his chance to try the new item, but we'll see.

So please share your thoughts on the subject here. Thanks :)

Obviously the same needs to be done to Sanctuary.. EPIC FAIL!! I actually left the game for several hrs due to the dang things.. I actually had to black list several for abusive overuse (Wizzled).
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yes, and add to it the airhorn mentioned by an earlier poster, and you have it.

.i just spent time ingame, and while the volume of horns has dropped for the moment (8.20 CST), the arrant stupidity has not. add to this that this has so put off players that there are fewer on in the CoL area than there was in the early days of the game. that in itself speaks volumes-that already people are leaving.

New text colors, chat smileys, and that emote option aren't different? And I mean putting aside the WC trick of talking in teal or green.
    The chat features would've been more than enough reason for a 5s increase in price, over a tele. Invading my private channels with random bullsh*t was one of those ideas PWE/Developers just DID NOT THINK THROUGH AT ALL.

I liked the one poster's earlier comparison, to wandering in on PWE meetings every five minutes to interrupt it with some random nonsense. I think it'd be lovely if someone in the CA area were to go to PW's HQ and actually do this, just to drive the point home.

*Be warned, you'd probably get tossed out by security. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • forumpost
    forumpost Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm not going to go on about the offensive language, the idiotic drivel or anything else others have already mentioned in this thread because none of that addresses the real issue for me.

PWI has effectively sold my right to enjoy my gameplay how I choose to. You've stripped me of any control over my own existence in this game. There is no peace to be found at all unless you want to simply not take part in any chat whatsoever.

The spamming comes in cycles. Different parts of the world waking up/getting home from school/work at different times. There are lulls but no real silence from this intrusive addition to the game. Whether it's one message an hour or one every minute isn't my problem (although this is the first time I've actually considered not coming into game) it's the fact that you guys have quite consciously decided for me what I need to listen to.

It's nothing more than a purchased harrassment tool. Supplied no less by the makers of the game so as far as the users are concerned it's open season on us all.

I'm truly disappointed the PWI staff appear to have simply ignored the player base with something like this. Arrogantly decreed "you will listen to anyone who wants to pay for this" because we say so.

If your purpose was to cause stress to the mature players of the game (and I don't just mean adults) you've done a bangup job. Well done!

Agreed 100%. Please allow an option to filter it from chat boxes in settings or completely remove it. I hate this with passion more than Anni packs (even though I hate them too).
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Take it out of faction chat, that is supposed to be ONLY your faction unless you specifically change it. Squad is the same. All others are fair game, but those are made to help people in factions and squads coordinate and have a friendly chat, not be spammed by random ugly messages.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They're being removed? Awesome! Thanks so much. b:thanks

UPDATE:

We hear you loud and clear, and we'll do what we can to fix things.

The item will be removed as soon as possible (next week is the target) from the Boutique, and will not be reintroduced to the game until it has been changed for the better.

Thank you all for your feedback :)
  • Kuaru - Dreamweaver
    Kuaru - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On Lost City server a faction came up calling themselves "Horn Killers".
    Speaks for itself - And I'm already thinking about joining...

No seriously.. Just stop that lunacy. The sooner the better..
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you and PWE follow through on that promise Frances, your company will ahve gained a decent amount of respect back from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They're being removed? Awesome! Thanks so much. b:thanks

Only until they find a way to better suit the horns for all the players. IE filters. They'll be back, you can count on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psiadon - Sanctuary
    Psiadon - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys,

The item will be removed as soon as possible (next week is the target) from the Boutique, and will not be reintroduced to the game until it has been changed for the better.

Real great to hear your development and project management teams have gauged the player response and will make changes before it comes back.
    Perfect Horn = imperfect implementation.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What i don't like is how rudely people act towards horn users come people you don't have to disrespect someone for using one.i can understand if they said something negative or if they spam but if they don't then don't spam them with hateful messages. Like earlier today for example i wanted to try one out sent the message "yay purple text" and was spamed with rude unesseary comments. I didn't do anything wrong nor do some of the other horn users and we don't deserve to be treated that way.
    b:cold

Actually, yes you did do something wrong. And that was by USING A DAMN HORN. If you already know that they're annoying others, and then decide to use one, you are in fact joinning those morons in their effort to cause grief. And that gives anyone the right to verbally put your balls in a vice.

And that's exactly what these horns are. Griefing. It's a problem in every MMO ever made, and PW has actually installed a mechanic DEDICATED to the sole purpose of griefing.

So I'm going to join others who have put PWI on probation, and not touch this game until perfect horns are completely gone. I do not need, nor will I ever put up with bull**** from other people. Forced or otherwise.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Only until they find a way to better suit the horns for all the players. IE filters. They'll be back, you can count on it.

Who cares?

Filters are a solution. It isn't them existing that's the problem but the way they are imposing themselves and this is apparently going to be fixed.
    edited April 2010
    reminds me of the Duke shouts lol. now That was annoying b:surrender
    -retired-

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good try, but not good enough. If they REALLY wanted to, they could take it out tonight. They have done patches for less important issues that quickly....they can do it for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • _ladanum - Lost City
    _ladanum - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good bye horns! (for a while at least) b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thanks to Nowitsawn for the sig b:laugh
  • Reinaoscura - Lost City
    Reinaoscura - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I HATE THESE BLOODY HORNS!!!!!

why the heck are they visible in PRIVATE CHANNELS if i wanted to read the fact that so and so is H***y or that someone else loves this person or that they are selling this i can read public wc and trade chats. i do NOT want to have to read them when im trying to give my guild information or telling my squad the next location we have to go to

GET RID OF THEM PLZ OR GIVE ME A BIGGER BLACKLIST OR MAKE IT FILTERABLE whatever the heck u do DO IT FAST PLZ!!!!!
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good try, but not good enough. If they REALLY wanted to, they could take it out tonight. They have done patches for less important issues that quickly....they can do it for this.

They've actually shown they dont need a patch to start & stop items from being in the boutique. That communicates with the server & updates the list everytime you open it. But oh well, at least they've heard our concerns.
    edited April 2010
    Good bye horns! (after a while at least) b:pleased

fixed
    /10char
    -retired-

• Salarin - Lost City
    Salarin - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the new horns don't bother me... what bothers me is that too many people are being vulgar. They are getting around the cursing filter.
    I know its new and will settle down soon... its a new toy, i get that. I just don't want the immature ppl getting away with using nasty language that belongs in a private chat. Example, one person was going around saying he/she was hor** >.>

That's my spiel :P
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thank you for listening to us and removing them!
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the new horns don't bother me... what bothers me is that too many people are being vulgar. They are getting around the cursing filter.
    I know its new and will settle down soon... its a new toy, i get that. I just don't want the immature ppl getting away with using nasty language that belongs in a private chat. Example, one person was going around saying he/she was hor** >.>

That's my spiel :P

Screen it and send a ticket. It will be dealt with that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010

ASAP... next week? Oh gawd... well at least it's gonna be removed, but a week is long.

For me, it's the fact it's in our faces whether we want it or not.

Anyone with ADHD knows how hard it is to focus on things, and squad / faction chat is something I need focus on a lot. I'm known to take faction chat off 'cause I need to focus on my squads.

A chat I can't ignore and that is getting spammed, by idiots I can't even blacklist, will have me going off the walls.

I've always loved that I could completely ignore other chats.

I may not have a say in what's being said in horn chat, and at some point I don't care - I'll let people pay to spam, let me be able to ignore that chat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Wolf_Whisper - Sanctuary
    Wolf_Whisper - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    While i can appreciate the idea behind the Perfect Horn i agree with most of the posts on this forum that they are intrusive, misused and sorely abused. If we are to be faced with forced chat we should be given a larger blacklist or make "muting" an option. "Let others have their fun!"... but not at the expense of fun for others. A great big "Thank You" to the Developers / Programmers and GMs for thinking of everyone who plays and making an effort to make sure we ALL have options in dealing with this new addition to the chat features.
  • TenaciousVix - Lost City
    TenaciousVix - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's not the customizable colors, it's not even the smileys, which are pretty funny, I might add.

It's the fact that you can't filter it out. I go to faction chat to avoid the annoyance of wc messages. Only other things I see in faction chat is squad chat, same goes in reverse.

Now there's these stupid idiots invading even that. And even when the novelty wears off and noobs stop spamming it, people will still use it because it makes for better advertisement of their items or needs (such as Frost runs, HH, etc.) or factions.

It equates to just being an advertising tool since you can't ignore the darn thing. I wouldn't mind it being defaulted to those settings, so horns can at least get to the noobs that don't know how to switch their settings, but AT LEAST give us an option to turn it off. b:angry
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thank you GMs for listening! b:thanks

Most of the spam in the forums was everyone trying to get your attention that this needs to be fixed, and we were afraid you wouldn't do anything about it unless we practiaclly rioted. This should give everyone(myself including) a little more faith in the GMs =]

I dont know about everyone else but I am very happy to know that you guys have let us give our input and are going to change things to be more fair.

Thank you again! b:cute
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oddly enough, a good number of guilds on the DW server were adding horns as bannable offences to their own ToS.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear
    WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    UPDATE:

Sweet, they are leaving next week... But they gonna come back D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<-- made by me o.o
    I know its very simple and plain, but I like it XD.

I'm back! I knew I said i'd never come back but yeah im back now :p.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They've actually shown they dont need a patch to start & stop items from being in the boutique. That communicates with the server & updates the list everytime you open it. But oh well, at least they've heard our concerns.

If it was as simple as that, the Horns would be out of the Boutique right now. Unfortunately, the back-end process is more complex than this.
This discussion has been closed.