New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im really happy they will be taken out of cash shop. Its not that annoying with the spam i can live with it. But i tend to miss a lot of private messages and whispers b/c of the horns.

Its just really hard to tell what is what, with all the damn colors ;/
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Server horn is beyond irritating as it is. It should defiantely be much more expensive and have a strong buffer between uses before bringing it back. 15 silver is way too cheap for something people can't ignore at all. Especially when its only 5 silver more than WC.

Should be at least a buck for one and at least 5 minutes between uses. Because really, Server horn should really be only for special things... not full blown unignorable conversations with a blocklist limit of 20...
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I read some posts, some I didn't.. here is my 2 cents.

Everyone raises their kids different, its what separates the Ted Bundy's from the Brady's. Personally I'd rather have a Brady. So I'm raising my kids like Fox is. Of course there are going to be ppl who say its wrong etc.. but my kids aren't teenagers yet and I've not faced this. HOWEVER::::::

I am a 30 year old woman, and I do not appreciate being forced to see lewd, crude comments from underaged "just wanna fit it" children; or from people over 18 who just don't give a damn who they offend or how they offend them. Both sets of these people need to grow up.

I've had many discussions on the world chat dilemma. Everyones answer was always, well turn it off if you don't like it. Or "blacklist them".

Here are a list of things I believe should happen. (note I didn't say Have to happen or would be nice to happen)

1. The horn is great, I approve of you taking other peoples money so I can continue to play the game free. PUT IN A FILTER>>>>>>>

There needs to be a chat filter in place for those who do not want to see things that they might find inappropriate REGARDLESS of AGE!!! That would solve half this problem.

2. Make blacklist INFINITE! That way they can still spam it for everyone to see, and if a person got on my nerves I could blacklist them and not have to see it!

3. Make a filter to where if a shout is about buying/selling it would go through to everyone.. this takes the most effort but would be a great thing.

4. Make it to where I can filter out the whole thing. I'd also like to be able to turn off system messages. If I don't want to know whats going on, thats my perrogative. I should not be forced to see ANY messages in this game I don't want to see since apparently someone can get a 94 minute ban for saying "****" in wc when the word **** isn't even censored but people can make all kinds of racist, drug related and sexual remarks and never get even a slap on the wrist.

Make the players in control of what they can/can not see and I think everyone will be happy with much more in this game.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what worries me is-

they will be out of the shop, but what about those people have? will they still be useable? b:sad

Yes they will still be usable. My personal plan is - once they are removed from the CS I will empty my blacklist. Anyone who uses a horn to spam after they are removed = blacklist.

I can live with the folks who are trying to sell stuff or looking for a party, but the kids who think their e-peen is growing by spamming with horns make me happy to BL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Horns are still here after the maint, those bums -.-

Frankie fix it q.q
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Horns are still here after the maint, those bums -.-

Frankie fix it q.q

Our cash shop hasn't updated yet on HT. Also anyone who currently already has the horn will be able to use it since its an item they paid cash for.
  • Xiiia - Heavens Tear
    Xiiia - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The horn is fine and work as it should..
    If PWE choose to keep it this way, im fine with it LONG as I get a UNLIMITED BLACKLIST option.
  • Bellatriix - Archosaur
    Bellatriix - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The horns are gone on Archosaur. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I got a ss of acu and bella spawning.."
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Gone from boutique? Yes.
    Able to filter horn messages so I can't see them at all? NO!

ATTENTION GMS AND DEVS! I, AND MANY OTHERS, DON'T WANT TO BE FORCED TO SEE HORN SPAM ON ALL CHANNELS! THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE *SUPPOSED* TO REMOVE!

[insert "very annoyed" smiley here]
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I read some posts, some I didn't.. here is my 2 cents.

Everyone raises their kids different, its what separates the Ted Bundy's from the Brady's. Personally I'd rather have a Brady. So I'm raising my kids like Fox is. Of course there are going to be ppl who say its wrong etc.. but my kids aren't teenagers yet and I've not faced this. HOWEVER::::::

I am a 30 year old woman, and I do not appreciate being forced to see lewd, crude comments from underaged "just wanna fit it" children; or from people over 18 who just don't give a damn who they offend or how they offend them. Both sets of these people need to grow up.

I've had many discussions on the world chat dilemma. Everyones answer was always, well turn it off if you don't like it. Or "blacklist them".

Here are a list of things I believe should happen. (note I didn't say Have to happen or would be nice to happen)

1. The horn is great, I approve of you taking other peoples money so I can continue to play the game free. PUT IN A FILTER>>>>>>>

There needs to be a chat filter in place for those who do not want to see things that they might find inappropriate REGARDLESS of AGE!!! That would solve half this problem.

This would solve the whole problem....

2. Make blacklist INFINITE! That way they can still spam it for everyone to see, and if a person got on my nerves I could blacklist them and not have to see it!

Not necessary with the filter in place....

3. Make a filter to where if a shout is about buying/selling it would go through to everyone.. this takes the most effort but would be a great thing.

No thank you. There will always be people playing the system. Why should anyone be able to buy the right to interrupt me?

4. Make it to where I can filter out the whole thing. I'd also like to be able to turn off system messages. If I don't want to know whats going on, thats my perrogative. I should not be forced to see ANY messages in this game I don't want to see since apparently someone can get a 94 minute ban for saying "****" in wc when the word **** isn't even censored but people can make all kinds of racist, drug related and sexual remarks and never get even a slap on the wrist.

Point 3 contradicts this statement....

Make the players in control of what they can/can not see and I think everyone will be happy with much more in this game.

/10char.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bring the horna backkkkk !!! nao!!b:angry
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Not until they make horn mesasges filterable, which they are supposed to be in the first place.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Quiet you b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selephie - Lost City
    Selephie - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol.. Personally, I like the horns ;) It's funny how people QQ bout them.. It makes me want to use them moar. xD It doesn't bother me at all. b:laughb:chuckleb:surrender

BRING THEM BACK! b:shutup
  • Kuaru - Dreamweaver
    Kuaru - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol.. Personally, I like the horns ;) It's funny how people QQ bout them.. It makes me want to use them moar. xD It doesn't bother me at all.

BRING THEM BACK!

Exactly this attitude made people wanna get rid of them in the first place.

And I'm soo happy they're gone.. Thank you GMs for taking care of this matter in the name of the community, since you are always messenger b:kiss
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Fast Solution? Give Them A Cool Down Time Of 10mins+ Or So.

That Would Help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not until they make horn mesasges filterable, which they are supposed to be in the first place.

The horns were NEVER supposed to be filterable. Remember that chat window in which appeared a couple months ago, in which we couldnnt close or remove from the screen? That was where the horn chat was supposed to go, unable to be hidden. When we screamed to remove that they did, and worked out another way for horn chat to be un-hideable. The fact is, horn chat was meant to be the pay extra to reach everyone and not be able to be ignored chat. This was not a blunder. Myself and many others may hate having the chat forced on us, but dont look at that as if it was a mistake, the devs knew what they were doing.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The horns were NEVER supposed to be filterable. Remember that chat window in which appeared a couple months ago, in which we couldnnt close or remove from the screen? That was where the horn chat was supposed to go, unable to be hidden. When we screamed to remove that they did, and worked out another way for horn chat to be un-hideable. The fact is, horn chat was meant to be the pay extra to reach everyone and not be able to be ignored chat. This was not a blunder. Myself and many others may hate having the chat forced on us, but dont look at that as if it was a mistake, the devs knew what they were doing.

Then IMO make it with a 10+min cooldown and ONLY forming parties and trade. No chitchat like WC is, and ENFORCE THE RULE. I know of another game which enforces it.

I have enough of WC drama, thank gawd I can ignore it when I feel like it. I don't wanna be FORCED in seeing that ****. Because there's a clear difference in having unblocked messages which aren't complete and utter spam, and actual trade / party stuff which isn't spammed every 15 seconds because XYZ can't get a cleric right this minute OMGNAO..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • bearfacebase
    bearfacebase Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

First off, she was talking about chats in general were supposed to be filterable.
    Second, why would you need a horn just to talk about stupid stuff like the people in world chat do? Horns are meant for merchants and people seeking party members for instances
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Horns have been removed from the Boutique; thanks for all the feedback :)
This discussion has been closed.