New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Options

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    looks like PW's greed is killing the game

maybe blacklist works on the horn chat? i went through and blacklisted everyone who used the horn multiple times in the past few minutes. luckily im on RT, so its not that many.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    Biafra - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I havnt patched yet so I cant say too much about it, but if it still shows the speekers name, and if his name isnt the same color as everything else. It wouldnt be any different then before, you are able to modify the text color and I recall a GM a year ago or so saying it wasnt against the TOS to do so.

But if it does make the speekers name the same color, then I can see how it can get annoying. Thats a simple fix though, make it so you can filter it like people have been saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For on its wing was dark alloy
    And as it fluttered--fell
    An essence--powerful to destroy
    A soul that knew it well."

Edgar Allen Poe "The Happiest Day"
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    looks like PW's greed is killing the game
    People have been saying this for a year now
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • K_SeraSera - Sanctuary
    K_SeraSera - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You can't block it from displaying?! b:shocked

I officially hate it. The last thing I want to see is spam the same color as whispers from friends.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Horn Chat :

The Virtual equivalent of giving Special bus kids coloured crayons.
  • DeathsAngelx - Sanctuary
    DeathsAngelx - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    I don't doubt that they will be used less over time, but the point isn't that they're being used too much. It's that when they are used, it's annoying. I don't play a game to be annoyed, I play it to have fun.

A guy punches me in the face and someone tells me, "Just ignore him, he'll eventually punch you in the face less often." Is that really a solution? I think I'd rather not be punched in the face at all. But that's just me ...

lmao i couldnt of put that any better myself b:thanks
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Horn Chat :

More like giving them air horns and no recourse for others as they use them...b:angry

I urge GMs to start an OFFICIAL petition to get rid of all the crai threads. Or lets take a vote. I now have a server full of Wizzleds.

I also urge others to never buy from anyone that uses these. They can waste their money on them and do some good by removing coin from the game, economically regulating gold prices.

At this point, you may as well take away the block list, squad chat, faction chat, and whisper chat because they've all become useless b:cry
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Horn Chat :

More like giving them guns that shoot itching powder and telling them everyone's a criminal.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    just give us a way not to see it... or make it so that faction and squad chat are free of it. Slowing down in the future or not, its in the way when im trying to pay attention to my party.
    or since you guys love making money.. charge 5 gold per horn so that it is used only when useful.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • shadescatshop
    shadescatshop Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is by far the most annoying item ever!! Everyone spam trouble tickets on the support page regarding this item and with luck we will overload the server and crash the game, this will present them with the perfect opportunity to delete this piece of **** item and stop the useless tools who would buy such an item!
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    we hate the perfect horns. there was really no need for this item other than pwe's greed. just another utterly useless thing to suck money from the customers. the teleacoustics did just fine.

there is no good reason to have a trade channel, and two world chat channels.

if you people insist on having this extra needless stupid thing there to make yourselves more money, then just make it a color-changing, special smiley face using version of world chat.

do not effing clutter my whisper window, my team window, or my guild window.

it is an intrusive item and a deturrent to playing this game.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya.. i'm on now and dont' feel like playing, some tool keeps spamming "System Announcement: I farted!" in red....... *slams Lunarslash in the head with a perfect hammer"

BY THE WAY.... another thread that might interest u all.... apparently they ninja nerfed our ability to decompose gear. And price of DQ drops to npc's might go down.....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=686722
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    On one hand the idea behind it is a bit offensive to me - the horns basically are saying "Give us enough money and we'll take away other people's ability to filter you out."

On the other hand, so far they aren't being used too heavily. If usage increases, Ted's gonna cry though b:cry

If it gets to the point where I can't hold a conversation with my guildies because people are spamming horns, Ted's gonna b:angry

Okey dokey - it's gotten to the point of making it difficult to hold an uninterrupted conversation in guild chat b:angry

A.) Ask the devs to allow us to filter it off.

OR

B.) Ask the devs to give us unlimited space on our blacklists.

OR
    C.) Ask the devs to openly admit that they no longer care at all about their player-base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Meganator - Dreamweaver
    Meganator - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I WILL be ok with the horns if you allow an unlimited number of entries in my blacklist. Several of the horns on Dreamweaver have been offensive, and others are purposely spamming to frustrate everyone. If I can blacklist each horn user that abuses them or be able to filter the horn chat, then I am ok with having it.

GM's please note, there are other ways to get me to spend my money. This was a dumb idea.
  • DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    On a personal note:
    frankie, it's not the content of the messages that gets me. It's the fact that they show up in SQUAD, FACTION, and WHISPER.
    These are private channels, reserved for the various groups of people I choose to associate with. If I want to read what the general public has to say, that's what common chat and the World Chat channel are for.

Adding new emotes, colors, and so forth? Win.
    Making them unfilterable broadband? EPIC FAIL.

Agreed 1000%. It's almost incomprehensible that PW would add this feature & not update the filtering system.

Epic, epic fail on not updating the filtering system. I needs to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
  • Neuraxis - Dreamweaver
    Neuraxis - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I doubt its gonna calm down much,you see what world chat is like. A whole lot of us stay in faction,squad and private chats to avoid having to look at stupid drama,and complete ignorance. you guys should either make it so we can toggle them on or off or extend the blacklist way above 20,i filled mine in like an hour and I have been playing pwi well over a year and never before blacklisted anyone. I can imagine the warring factions wont appreciate all the spam during the TW. I know my faction doesnt appreciate not being able to escape the spam and the childishness. We are all adults and wanted a faction without the childish bs. so tyvm pwi for **** that up for us.
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    you cant take age into consideration though for a few reasons ->

1) under the age of 18 PARENTS much give permission for them to register and play

2) there are many under the age of 18 that are the ones wc'ing/horn shouting these things

the above is CLEARLY listed in the TOS...(see below) b:shutup

"You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Games and certain features and functions or our Service. You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account. If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, we require that you review these Terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them. If you are the parent of guardian of a user of our website and you have questions about this website or these terms, please contact us at tos@perfectworldinc.com.

By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parents or legal guardian have read and agreed to these Terms, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service."

"Notwithstanding the above, certain portions of our Website and some of our games may contain mature contents not suitable for anyone younger than 18 years of age. We will require that you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older to access such content. If you enter any portion of the Website which is intended for or is marked for mature audiences only, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years old or the applicable age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and have the legal right to access such content. We shall not be responsible in any way for your failure to accurately confirm your age per the terms hereunder."

maybe you should reread both of your own quotes yourself. the first part says that a 13 year old needs parental permission to create an account. the second part says that there are some areas which have content that is only suitable for 18+ and that you will have to confirm your age before accessing this content. do you see anywhere that it asks people to confirm their age in game before seeing this type of content?
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    show me your law degree and i will show you my law background. besides the simple fact that you have admitted to this not taking place = violation. b:bye

guess you better go back and improve your law background seeing as you couldnt even understand the quotes you tried to use to defend your point. nice try though.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Agreed 1000%. It's almost incomprehensible that PW would add this feature & not update the filtering system.

Epic, epic fail on not updating the filtering system. I needs to be fixed.

To be honest, I don't think it's a matter of them not updating the filter system. I think the devs/PWE intended from day one to make these shouts unable to be filtered out, thereby increasing demand for the horns. Im just not sure they calculated how badly that would go across with the overall player-base.

Nothing would make me happier to be proven wrong, and I will gladly admit to being wrong if something is changed. PLEASE let me be wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To be honest, I don't think it's a matter of them not updating the filter system. I think the devs/PWE intended from day one to make these shouts unable to be filtered out, thereby increasing demand for the horns. Im just not sure they calculated how badly that would go across with the overall player-base.

Nothing would make me happier to be proven wrong, and I will gladly admit to being wrong if something is changed. PLEASE let me be wrong.

Personally, I never have WC on. I don't want to read the inane ramblings of overly hormonal kids being mouthy, creating drama & basically saying the stupidest things. Now, with the horns not being filtered, that "peace & quiet" is gone.
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not going to go on about the offensive language, the idiotic drivel or anything else others have already mentioned in this thread because none of that addresses the real issue for me.

PWI has effectively sold my right to enjoy my gameplay how I choose to. You've stripped me of any control over my own existence in this game. There is no peace to be found at all unless you want to simply not take part in any chat whatsoever.

The spamming comes in cycles. Different parts of the world waking up/getting home from school/work at different times. There are lulls but no real silence from this intrusive addition to the game. Whether it's one message an hour or one every minute isn't my problem (although this is the first time I've actually considered not coming into game) it's the fact that you guys have quite consciously decided for me what I need to listen to.

It's nothing more than a purchased harrassment tool. Supplied no less by the makers of the game so as far as the users are concerned it's open season on us all.

I'm truly disappointed the PWI staff appear to have simply ignored the player base with something like this. Arrogantly decreed "you will listen to anyone who wants to pay for this" because we say so.

If your purpose was to cause stress to the mature players of the game (and I don't just mean adults) you've done a bangup job. Well done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Neuraxis - Dreamweaver
    Neuraxis - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No they described the new item as being able to be seen by EVERYONE...they did it on purpose. Its a very bad idea....they pretty much took away our ability to filter offensive world chats and other drama,not to mention kids who buy 40 of em and spam that they farted over and over. I cant even hold a decent convo in faction chat or concentrate on the fb... IT WILL MAKE THE GAME IRRITATING TO PLAY. i will quit if its not remedied
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like how the GM's manage to successful ignore there cashflow, I mean playerbase, by diverting all the complaints to one easily ignorable thread.

Why would they bother introducing a new 'teleacoustic' style item if it wasn't for subverting filters. They want to give cash shoppers the ability to annoy you, outlevel you, outgear you. The next natural step is immunity to blacklisting for $2.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My two cents:

- I am of the believe that the horn was made with the intention of showing up in every chat. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be anything different to a telecoustic, would it? This is why you're unable to filter it - not because it's a glitch but because the horn was designed to show up in every chat, making people noticed. It's kind of like this:

A telecoustic is like a megaphone. You can talk in world chat. However, people can filter world chat out.

The perfect horn is a foghorn in comparison. There is no filtering out that noise.

- The amount of spam will die down as time progresses. When people get used to the idea that the item isn't that new, doesn't make you cool to use it and suchlike. Note - the spam will die down. Not necessarily die completely.

- Everybody who has filled their blacklists up probably didn't wait for the real spammers to make themselves known. Hate to break it to you; if you blacklist anybody who uses a horn the instant they do, you're possibly filling up your blacklist with people who weren't going to spam but perhaps just trying the item out once. Meaning that's one bit of space you're missing to blacklist the ones who never actually shut up.

- The spammers who are in it to annoy you are doing a good job. By all the mess posted on the forums earlier, and for every one of you who always feels the urge to PM somebody "Blacklisted for using a horn" you actually encourage them to spam even more. If they're pissing you off, they're having fun, and they're going to start spamming even more, just to **** you off more.

- An filter option needs to be added regardless of the horn's original intended use, or we need to bring a banhammer down upon the spammers who are spamming **** often enough to interrupt chats in faction or anywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There is not a single person on this planet that isn't racist to a certain to degree.

Learn to deal with that and your life will be that much less stressful.

being racist is not the problem here. verbalizing someones racism where all players are forced to read it is the problem. i really don't care what racist or sexual thoughts goes on in someone's head or guild chat or party chat or whispers. or to an extent world chat. but this horn forces all players to read the inappropriate comments.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    same here Neuraxis, as well as cause of what's in this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7622072&posted=1#post7622072

I'm gone if that's not fixed, especially if they do what's said about DQ drops
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    For those looking for a temporary solution...

You can move most of the important chats over to the General Message window. It's only 3 lines deep, and you can't move Whisper Text over, but it's a quick fix that seems to work for me. Horns won't sound off in there.

After that just minimize the original chatbox as best you can. More often than not most people spam so many of those fish that you only see one of those in there, instead of what may or may not be an offensive text.

Again, not a great solution...but it's something. >.<
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lets all quit. pwi aint that great anyway.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lets all quit. pwi aint that great anyway

Already done, it's fun to watch bad business decisions international players whine.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    - I am of the believe that the horn was made with the intention of showing up in every chat. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be anything different to a telecoustic, would it? This is why you're unable to filter it - not because it's a glitch but because the horn was designed to show up in every chat, making people noticed.

New text colors, chat smileys, and that emote option aren't different? And I mean putting aside the WC trick of talking in teal or green.
    The chat features would've been more than enough reason for a 5s increase in price, over a tele. Invading my private channels with random bullsh*t was one of those ideas PWE/Developers just DID NOT THINK THROUGH AT ALL.

I liked the one poster's earlier comparison, to wandering in on PWE meetings every five minutes to interrupt it with some random nonsense. I think it'd be lovely if someone in the CA area were to go to PW's HQ and actually do this, just to drive the point home.

*Be warned, you'd probably get tossed out by security. :P
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    New text colors, chat smileys, and that emote option aren't different? And I mean putting aside the WC trick of talking in teal or green.
    The chat features would've been more than enough reason for a 5s increase in price, over a tele. Invading my private channels with random bullsh*t was one of those ideas PWE/Developers just DID NOT THINK THROUGH AT ALL.

I liked the one poster's earlier comparison, to wandering in on PWE meetings every five minutes to interrupt it with some random nonsense. I think it'd be lovely if someone in the CA area were to go to PW's HQ and actually do this, just to drive the point home.

*Be warned, you'd probably get tossed out by security. :P

lol i'd walk in with a foghorn every few minutes. b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.