New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

We realize there are a lot of vocal opinions about the new Perfect Horn; please let us know what you think about it in this thread.

Personally, I'm on Heaven's Tear right now to gauge the situation, and I've seen about one Horn message per minute. I'm thinking that Horn usage will decrease a bit once everyone gets his chance to try the new item, but we'll see.

So please share your thoughts on the subject here. Thanks :)

UPDATE:

We hear you loud and clear, and we'll do what we can to fix things.

The item will be removed as soon as possible (next week is the target) from the Boutique, and will not be reintroduced to the game until it has been changed for the better.

Thank you all for your feedback :)
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the hype will go down. this is all just new and people want to spam the newness.

everyone just needs to calm down and wait. like i have said before it is the same qq that happened with the red text of anni packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure most don't give a **** about all the silly colors in the horn and all, but it's the fact that it can't be filtered off that's a nuisance similar to the red Duke speech during the first two anni pack waves. What were you guys thinking?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010

If you are displeased with the horn, SUBMIT A TICKET.
    One (1) will do (more will knock you to the bottom of the queue, and maybe written off as spam).

This will be the quickest and most effective way to voice your displeasure where it matters.

Limiting your QQ'ing and complaints to this thread alone will be as futile as the thousand-page Anniv. Pack threads.

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On one hand the idea behind it is a bit offensive to me - the horns basically are saying "Give us enough money and we'll take away other people's ability to filter you out."

On the other hand, so far they aren't being used too heavily. If usage increases, Ted's gonna cry though b:cry

If it gets to the point where I can't hold a conversation with my guildies because people are spamming horns, Ted's gonna b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    and that didn't get solved for 3 weeks. FILTER this **** in some way. you wanna see bad hop over to the other servers and see, last night it was a ph chat every 5 seconds. it's not that much better now

and of course it isn't bad now. it's still early. wait till about 4 or 5 (pretty much right after PWE offices close for the day) and check it then. I play all day, chat spam is 3x as bad in the evenings
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On a personal note:
    frankie, it's not the content of the messages that gets me. It's the fact that they show up in SQUAD, FACTION, and WHISPER.
    These are private channels, reserved for the various groups of people I choose to associate with. If I want to read what the general public has to say, that's what common chat and the World Chat channel are for.

Adding new emotes, colors, and so forth? Win.
    Making them unfilterable broadband? EPIC FAIL.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    and that didn't get solved for 3 weeks. FILTER this **** in some way. you wanna see bad hop over to the other servers and see, last night it was a ph chat every 5 seconds. it's not that much better now
    What did you think would happen? It's a new feature that's barely a day old, of COURSE people are going to have fun with it.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've seen about one Horn message per minute. I'm thinking that Horn usage will decrease a bit once everyone gets his chance to try the new item, but we'll see.

I don't doubt that they will be used less over time, but the point isn't that they're being used too much. It's that when they are used, it's annoying. I don't play a game to be annoyed, I play it to have fun.

A guy punches me in the face and someone tells me, "Just ignore him, he'll eventually punch you in the face less often." Is that really a solution? I think I'd rather not be punched in the face at all. But that's just me ...
  • Lintsu - Heavens Tear
    Lintsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its hard to read squad, whisper, faction chat. So its getting bleh atm. b:cry
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    please for the love of pw give us the option to filter it from Faction,squad,and whisper channels.

BTW this should be in a sticky on the general section not somewhere its not very well seen.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if it can be filtered then it's no different from a teleacoustic. i understand it has to be different, it has to be more powerful, but do make it cost a lot more. if someone is making an announcement like that, it had better be worth reading for everyone on the server or it had better cost that someone a lot

what is it? only 5 silver more than teleacoustic?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Frankie moved the thread here as it is about a CS item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What did you think would happen? It's a new feature that's barely a day old, of COURSE people are going to have fun with it.
    then it shouldn't be linked to system day 1, simple

it affects the general public, not just the cs huddle. this really belongs in general
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just, plain, dont like it. When fighting a boss in TT, I do not need the distraction of some horney chat thing showing up in my squad chat, getting in the way of more important stuff. I for one will buy no zen untill horney chat can be filtered.
    edited April 2010
    I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS IN MY FACTION CHAT
    [IMG*removed*[/IMG]*removed*

and you say okay you could just BL them the problem with that is theres more then 20 ppl how could say somthing like this over time. To me it as bad as one of those Gold bots you see spaming chat with gold sites, and you've taken the ability to get rid of them. sure in all the other games i could just aviod a town but .. i don't have to be in a town to be spammed now....

Get it away from my faction, Squad and whisper chat b:shocked
    Retired Sage.
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^

i laughed out loud LOL b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Like I said earlier in another thread: If this will stay this way (not able to filter), I will leave the game. It's two things that make me make this decision:

1) If something important in squad or faction is spammed away by these messages, I will be royally pissed (like I was at this one GM event, where the Gm thought he'd be funny and spammed the whole server with senseless nonsense)
    2) I don't like how you can annoy people just for sake sake of it if you just pay for it. These people exist on every server, and you know it.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The very least that can be done is to give us the option to block them from guild and squad chat windows. I predict the use of the Horns will not decrease but will increase as more people find there is no way to block the chat. Imagine if u will trying to explain to a player a way to kill a boss or complete an instance and you have 4-5 people using Horns to QQ about a failed run then u have 10-20 others joining in on the QQ to either defend or belittle someone from the first set of QQ'ers. There wont be much use of even using any chat at that point due to the influx of unwanted chats. So please relay to the Devs we would like the option to block the Horn chat from other chats like we have with World Chat
    edited April 2010
    Like I said earlier in another thread: If this will stay this way (not able to filter), I will leave the game. It's two things that make me make this decision:

1) If something important in squad or faction is spammed away by these messages, I will be royally pissed (like I was at this one GM event, where the Gm thought he'd be funny and spammed the whole server with senseless nonsense)
    2) I don't like how you can annoy people just for sake sake of it if you just pay for it. These people exist on every server, and you know it.

and that +100000
    Retired Sage.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Any offending chat you find guys send a ticket, report them. It will be dealt with then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK THEM!!!

and no they wont die down cuz look at WC, its all spam so people will spam the horns...

eaither filter them are have a timer so u cant spam them i.e. can only use once every 5 MINS!!
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just some thoughts, some facetious some not..

a) maybe they are letting the annoyance factor build up then will release a "perfect horn" blocker from the cash shop .. 1 week blessing to silence horn spam..

b)at least they got rid of that silly extra window that appeared and disappeared when they were testing a few weeks back.

c)why if they were implementing new code for chat they didnt think to implement some sort of timer to prevent use of the damn thing to at least once every 30secs to prevent spam

d)as above let us choose to see random nonsense or not so we can talk to our guildies, friends and squads. i usually dont watch WC cos it is just a stream of QQ or **** or smutty QQ and sometimes i just cannot be ar....bothered with it all especially when im trying to run an instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Random_ - Dreamweaver
    Random_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Filter it out. Like I said before in another thread, idiots will say stuff on this new perfect horn chat that I find very offensive (and I'm sure others do). On world chat, we had the option to block it by spending time in other chat filters... this doesn't give us the option anymore. I don't want to see attention-****** in the chat being perverted or joking about suicide or whatever the hell they do (I've seen examples of both misuse of the perfect horn, and it's in my face and I can't get rid of it. F.I.X.I.T.)

I don't want to block everyone that talks on the perfect horn, but, I will have to. Atm my block list is full-- I block ANYONE that uses it, unblock them 20-25 minutes later if it was a "LF Cleric/Barb/etc..." and don't unblock if it was an annoying **** or faction recruit message. I didn't pay 100k for a faction for me and my alts to be bombarded by faction recruit messages on other chats. I didn't switch to another chat filter to be bombarded by "LF xxx.xXXX for XXXXX" or "Selling XXXX for XXX MIL, PM ME!" And I definitely don't want to see the 'world chat drama' wherever I go. If I wanted spam, I'd go to west archo and put it on common chat. Kthx.
    Any offending chat you find guys send a ticket, report them. It will be dealt with then.

Bull. Just bull. By what, a smack on the hand? Plus, you guys have a different definition of the word 'offensive'. My offensive and your offensive greatly differ. I find DRAMA, and telling people to spam others mean-spirited and I don't want to be slapped in the face with it every time I'm online. I highly doubt you'd do a thing about that. You'd lose money by making the spammers stop, it's why there's still world chat spammers and drama.
    Lvl7xBM||Lvl6xHAWizzie||Lvl6xVeno||Lvl6x'sin||Lvl5xCleric
    LA Fox-Veno, Psy, Pure Wizzie, LA Wizzie, HA 'sin, and Barb in the works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playin' since April of '09
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    An option to block it or some way to get it out of Squad/Whisper/Faction chat. As said those are private chat channels meant for a group of people. Organizing somethings would be very hard if you have for example 80 people who deside they wanna spam horns to clog up guild chat of other people so we cant see anything said there. (This has been done in WC in the past - There it is a minor factor)

Also the rather offencive/obnoxious messages worry me, as if its like WC they will go without any challenge there to spread there stupidity. It only takes one person to start it and many others join in. It gets old very fast to have to read there childish spam constantly. Also sometimes WC is quite rapid in term of how many shouts are made, so whats to stop that from happening with horns?

Please a way to block it from Squad/whisper/Faction Chat.

From Experience I can from the top of my head already collect a few people who will most likely use the horns quite relentlessly for just the purpose of Spamming other peoples chat windows, as they enjoy annoying people and getting attention for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    l2c0vpc0.png
  • Indeis - Sanctuary
    Indeis - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well it is a pain, and i hate to see what happens in a Tw or TT when faction chat and squad chat gets flooded with spam. we need a filter or timer..or the horn needs to be unuseabel on the weekends during TWs .
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In the last 10 mins I counted 1 horn message in Sanct. It is annoying, but not too frequent.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Pluf - Heavens Tear
    Pluf - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i dont like the horn thing at all
    its distracting and all the collors give me a headache, being a tad dyslectic its really hard to deal with all those collors

i blacklisted as many as i could, blacklist is not big enough to hold all of them

there needs to come a way to keep this out of faction- and squadchat at least

its basicly terribly annoying
    edited April 2010
    see its just stupid

l3dbbzxw.png
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    At the moments its not that rapid because its not server primetime. Just wait when its server primetime and more spam will go around.

To add like said: During weekends TW time you cannot read anything in squad chat most likely because all the people who use teles to troll WC during TW will be using Horns to clog up people who are in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.