New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Options

Comments

• Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ugysekell wrote: »
    ^ Okay, I can stop QQing and move to a new game with my whole faction. But then PW will QQ because they will lose their players eventually and will go bankrupt because only stupid kids will buy some horns for 10 dollars b:laugh It's clearly obvious that the majority of players do not want this horn and the devs are blind if they don't see... b:surrender

ahh i havnt been on PW for 2 days because of my engineering classes i am taking but when I get on.. I am sure it is probably not as bad as you QQers are making it sound.

if those horns cost 10 dollars each.. the need from them will die down rather quickly.. yes there will be *******s who will say stupid stuff because they know everyone will see it and thus pissing people off to their amusement.

but serioulsy you guys need to stop QQing... act like adults and learn to take it... "ZOMG THE GAME SUCKS BECAUSE I AM FORCED TO READ A FEW LINES OF "spam"!!! I QUIT!!!!" I never knew the french army played this game...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya it's slowed down.... shoulda seen it after the servers came up. But the point is we dont' WANT to see it at all. We especially dont' want to see the rude, cursing foul-mouths... but if they use horn chat we dont' have a choice... >.<
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Honestly, HT isnt spamming horn chats as much as I expected.

Every time someone uses one, ppl ragebear on that person.

Its ironic....sadly

HT is a mess man =\ it got right spammy up to 10mins ago now they have all shut up, i think they killed the horn chat xD
  • Bey - Lost City
    Bey - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Okay, I've played for most of the day and this Perfect Horn is Perfect JUNK. Please, please, PLEASE take this out of the game. Teles are enough. There is no reason for this to be available to every Tom, **** and Harry in the game.

I have read that it will calm down when people get used to it. Yeah, did we see that trend with teles? No, there are now more tele messages in World Chat than ever before. Let's be realistic, when people get to higher lvls they get more money and spend it on teles. So why would the horns be any different?

There is no reason why my squad chat should be interrupted by spam. I turn off FACTION chat when in squad to keep done the extraneous chatter. So now I have some extraneous stuff I can't filter out when I'm doing an FB/BH/HH run....great thanks.

These things need to go away. At the very least, make them cost 10gold a piece. At least then, you'd make a whole bunch of money and the instance of us all being annoyed beyond measure would be greatly reduced.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    " I never knew the french army played this game...
    This ftmfw
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ahh i havnt been on PW for 2 days because of my engineering classes i am taking but when I get on.. I am sure it is probably not as bad as you QQers are making it sound.

if those horns cost 10 dollars each.. the need from them will die down rather quickly.. yes there will be *******s who will say stupid stuff because they know everyone will see it and thus pissing people off to their amusement.

but serioulsy you guys need to stop QQing... act like adults and learn to take it... "ZOMG THE GAME SUCKS BECAUSE I AM FORCED TO READ A FEW LINES OF "spam"!!! I QUIT!!!!" I never knew the french army played this game...

Actually, they only cost 15 silver each....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
    edited April 2010
    Options

gee, isnt that interesting.

language gets edited *here*, but GMs cant do it on the game?

enquiring minds would like to know why.

there is nothing wrong with a bit of cursing.. learn to deal with it. I know you ladies are sensitive but this is the real world.. some people curse like sailors.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options

He said IF
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well i think its official HT is now free of the horn...
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with a bit of cursing.. learn to deal with it. I know you ladies are sensitive but this is the real world.. some people curse like sailors.
    I dunno where you're from, but it's the ladies that curse like sailors 'round here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    HT is a mess man =\ it got right spammy up to 10mins ago now they have all shut up, i think they killed the horn chat xD

Well, from our WC spammers we have, I expected worse. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options

You haven't played yet you're telling us to stop CRYING (try typing the word out instead of the "baby text talk")? go back to page 18 and read my first response to you. Then take 5 minutes to think about this THEN get on here.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He said IF

the point is he is wrong, so his theory is wrong too.

the spam will keep going until the gm's must or allow us to mute it
    edited April 2010
    Options

if there is a spamming problem.. increase the price so that "kids" cant buy them as much.

that will reduce the spam but again like i said people who want to act like asses will buy them just **** people off
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I Think people need to stop QQing and suck it up...

for the people who claim to be adults.. there is a quite bit of QQing going on

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, from our WC spammers we have, I expected worse. lol

horns were for the new generations of spamming kids =p

Sgtnoob got a few in but i didnt see too many from the big names lol

Edit: they're back v_v
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I curse a lot actually...

But I refrain from doing so very loudly because I realize that other people may be offended by it. You unleash a bunch of idiots that know nothing of common courtesy with bs like this it's bound not to turn out well. I only curse a bunch when I'm mad anyways.

Besides, some parents allow their kids to play this... which will most certainly stop when they see all the stupid bs that's going on with the horns. Not only that but I'm sure that you'll get pretty irritated with it after you manage to get back online. I'm normally not bothered by WC because I can turn it off and ignore it. But this? This is irritating especially when it breaks into your conversations with other people that's a little more important that so and so's anger management issues toward some race or another or so and so looking for a cyber partner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Foxgirll - Lost City
    Foxgirll - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

i would think that people posting in a polite way on a forum is rather adult like. expressing ones views is not "QQing" maybe you have heard of the FCC? they are a group of adults who also do not like cursing or overtly sexual content for the public.

and you do realize when you QQ about people QQ ing, you are in turn QQ ing yourself? pot/kettle much?
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the point is he is wrong, so his theory is wrong too.

the spam will keep going until the gm's must or allow us to mute it
    He can't be wrong, because he only brought up a hypothetical situation.

And they won't ever give us the option to mute them. Giving us the option to completely mute them ruins the point of Perfect Horns; which brings us to a dilemma.

My solution? Make them 1 gold a piece (Or maybe more).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if there is a spamming problem.. increase the price so that "kids" cant buy them as much.

that will reduce the spam but again like i said people who want to act like asses will buy them just **** people off

Except before we could turn off WC and we (or our KIDS) didn't see the rude foul mouthed language on here. Now there's no stopping it.
  • Langdale - Raging Tide
    Langdale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

real world, did i miss something there thought this was a game.

And as a game it has a young player group and bad language of any kind should be able to be filtered out, or do you not care about this
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

gee, isnt that interesting.

language gets edited *here*, but GMs cant do it on the game?

enquiring minds would like to know why.

In Frankies words:
    if they send in a report, the violator will be warned or temp banned
    not gonna get the satisfaction of seeing it like you do in the forums
    aryanna's justice is visible

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    real world, did i miss something there thought this was a game.

And as a game it has a young player group and bad language of any kind should be able to be filtered out, or do you not care about this
    No. I don't care about the language. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, as I am already used to hearing it all the time in my day to day life.

And I can guarantee that 90% of the player base would agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    please make filter for horns

at end game instances you need to look at chat to see what bosses are saying and horn spam is very distracting
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, this thread falls along the lines of "tl;dr". Like many have said, the biggest gripe is that it appears on every chat. The most I've seen it's simply spam and some... inapropiate stuff.
    Personally, I'm on Heaven's Tear right now to gauge the situation

I suppose you were in charge of the red text earlier. I'd love to see you in HT. b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Foxgirll - Lost City
    Foxgirll - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In Frankies words:if they send in a report, the violator will be warned or temp banned
    not gonna get the satisfaction of seeing it like you do in the forums
    aryanna's justice is visible

b:chuckle

so we suffer the continued spam of offensive stuff while the ticket takes a week or more to processed. good times.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I curse a lot actually...

But I refrain from doing so very loudly because I realize that other people may be offended by it. You unleash a bunch of idiots that know nothing of common courtesy with bs like this it's bound not to turn out well. I only curse a bunch when I'm mad anyways.

Besides, some parents allow their kids to play this... which will most certainly stop when they see all the stupid bs that's going on with the horns. Not only that but I'm sure that you'll get pretty irritated with it after you manage to get back online. I'm normally not bothered by WC because I can turn it off and ignore it. But this? This is irritating especially when it breaks into your conversations with other people that's a little more important that so and so's anger management issues toward some race or another or so and so looking for a cyber partner.

LMAO... ok you have a point but being a racist/sexist/homophobe/ and sexual harrasement should NEVER be allowed on ANY sort of chat... I dont care if you are being racist in ur faction.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Except before we could turn off WC and we (or our KIDS) didn't see the rude foul mouthed language on here. Now there's no stopping it.
    Kids are going to be exposed to bad language at some point in their life anyways, so don't go blaming a game for how kids nowadays talk. The problem lies with the parents that do not properly raise their children and teach them the foulness of such language.

Don't blame a game to cover up lousy parenting. PW is not a babysitting tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    for everyone who thinks we are QQing

ignoring is not an option, we are talking about forced-to-see insults and worse things.
    ppl must have the RIGHT to choose to see or not to see chat, they shouldnt have the DUTY to blacklist them all or the DUTY to ignore them.

not everyone is capable of ignoring racism, im one of those and in a working society i must have the right to not to see racist symbols in town, i dont have the duty to ignore them.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    for everyone who thinks we are QQing

ignoring is not an option, we are talking about forced-to-see insults and worse things.
    ppl must have the RIGHT to choose to see or not to see chat, they shouldnt have the DUTY to blacklist them all or the DUTY to ignore them.

not everyone is capable of ignoring racism, im one of those and in a working society i must have the right to not to see racist symbols in town, i dont have the duty to ignore them.
    There is not a single person on this planet that isn't racist to a certain to degree.

Learn to deal with that and your life will be that much less stressful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.