reasons why you want or dont want sins in ur squad

Comments

• D/S - Heavens Tear15
    D/S - Heavens Tear15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Giodia, once again you have failed to understand the point of what I say. The simple fact is that you are a hypocrite and a loser. You speak of others being arrogant with more arrogance then I have ever seen.

Reseting aggro isn't dangrous at all, and you are an idiot of you think it is. The boss will go right back to the tank, the tank didnt shed any aggro, only the sin. If another DD takes aggro after a sin sheds it, it is because he was doing too much damage and would have taken it anyways. Never once have I shedded agro and have it attack anyone but the tank.

You make assumptions based on irrational thoughts, which makes you a complete and utter moron. You keep saying people dont want sins, is this because you dont like them? So all people hate us because you do? I actually have the opposite experience and most parties I'm in like sins. Yet another example of ignorance, stupidity and arrogance. You truly are imbecilic.

The only reason I'm waisting my time on you is because it is amusing reading your comments. Plus I don't have much to do today.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it's called flesh ream?

you just have the sin tell the barb he is about to stealth to reset his aggro

and if the barb has aggro before the sin stealths he will still have aggro when the sin stealths and it won't go after anyone else

Then shouldn't the sin watch his/her aggro in the first place?

It's a matter of cause and effect. sin dps too much and have to reset aggro (irresponsible behaviour) and tells Barb to flesh ream (pushing responsibilities again) ?

sin doesn't need to reset aggro should they control the dps, which should be what DDs are doing?

Our job is to assist tanks to take down target of interest in a safe and responsible manner? Or am I so wrong on this?

Just because I have an 'iwinz' button doesn't mean I have to be irresponsible and abuse it and other may suffer the consequences if something goes wrong.
  • Zacchaeus - Dreamweaver
    Zacchaeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OK.. Gioida .. stop trolling the d*mn forum.. u clearly like TB classes since ur forum avatar is that of a female Tideborn...and as u stated earlier you are more comfortable with the "old school" classes... and u call us egotistical, yet ur the one who keeps repeating the same thing over and over like its the only reason u hate us.."one sins failed and this and that, and if ur such great DD and aggro then shed it your giving up your resposibilty"... when actually its who ever has more hatred.. so in truth the barb will most likely pull aggro if u shed since they have HATRED GAINING skills unlike other classes....

and how do u know anything of higher lvl BH's when ur psychic is lvl 50?..im assuming ur main is most likely a Mage...in which u dont get ne buffs from a sin so your arguements are all based on a class that get no benefit from a sins skills ... except when they have to save ur sorry **** from getting owned from getting aggro...
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2010

It's a matter of cause and effect. sin dps too much and have to reset aggro (irresponsible behaviour) and tells Barb to flesh ream (pushing responsibilities again) ?

sin doesn't need to reset aggro should they control the dps, which should be what DDs are doing?

Our job is to assist tanks to take down target of interest in a safe and responsible manner? Or am I so wrong on this?

Just because I have an 'iwinz' button doesn't mean I have to be irresponsible and abuse it and other may suffer the consequences if something goes wrong.

if a sin doesn't use stealth to reset their aggro they can't dps as high so the boss will take longer to kill

a sin can use stealth to reset their aggro meaning they can do more damage with less risk so the boss dies faster

it is not irresponsible, it's perfectly safe
    and you don't tell the barb to flesh ream you ask the barb
    edited February 2010

First of all we cant "watch" our aggro as there is no indicator to it... so how can i tell when to "slack-off" my massive amount of DPS...

Secondly, we are DD's(Damage DEALERS)... so if we arent dealing dmg then wtf r we suposed to do stand there and look pretty?
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Giodia, once again you have failed to understand the point of what I say. The simple fact is that you are a hypocrite and a loser. You speak of others being arrogant with more arrogance then I have ever seen.

Reseting aggro isn't dangrous at all, and you are an idiot of you think it is. The boss will go right back to the tank, the tank didnt shed any aggro, only the sin. If another DD takes aggro after a sin sheds it, it is because he was doing too much damage and would have taken it anyways. Never once have I shedded agro and have it attack anyone but the tank.

You make assumptions based on irrational thoughts, which makes you a complete and utter moron. You keep saying people dont want sins, is this because you dont like them? So all people hate us because you do? I actually have the opposite experience and most parties I'm in like sins. Yet another example of ignorance, stupidity and arrogance. You truly are imbecilic.

The only reason I'm waisting my time on you is because it is amusing reading your comments. Plus I don't have much to do today.

Do you sound big and important with all the vulgarities and names calling ?

If I may be frank, any archer is always gonna have the slightly higher DPS due to the speed and crits that it can put out.

What keeps the mobs in place without the mob running mayhem is the Barb's aggro spamming and the Archer/ Mage aggro management.

I have not played a Barb before, I do not know how much per hit it can generate. But I do know that despite a barb flesh ream spamming, I can still get aggro if I simply fire on and on.

Also, when I tank bosses, no one steals aggro from me despite DD sparking at every opportunity, while I'm doing the same, with a slingshot.

This lead me to believe that what holds the mob in place is based on 2 things damage and flesh Ream.

The amount of damage you can put out must be fast and damage should be at least in average zone. Crits and spikes simply help you in generating more damage , therefore, keeping you on top of the list.

But Barb has Flesh Ream, which is fake aggro. It's a distraction and makes the mobs thinks the Barb has the aggro, which is also dependant on the Damage that you have done to the mob in total.

In order for this to happen, you must stop DD before the tank can Flesh ream the mob back.

Too many times have I seen Barbs gotten the aggro back with the sin grabbing it right back again with a few hits. And it usually doesn't ends well for them.

So what we can understand is that the damage done by DD's are always higher than Barbs and Barbs are holding aggro due to flesh ream spamming, which is essentially fake aggro.

So the question is back to why a sin wanna over-dd enough to snatch aggro and wipe the aggro?

It's kinda pointless isn't it? Other DDs could always DD till they snatched aggro and tank it till Barbs takes it back too.

But we all know it's not supposed to be this way. Or am I wrong again?

'I have the aggro reset button and I'm gonna abuse it' type of mentality?
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    First of all we cant "watch" our aggro as there is no indicator to it... so how can i tell when to "slack-off" my massive amount of DPS...

Secondly, we are DD's(Damage DEALERS)... so if we arent dealing dmg then wtf r we suposed to do stand there and look pretty?

If going by your analogy, then there would be lotsa failz Archers and Mages out there and no one wanna squad them.

We learnt to control our DPS by stopping from time to time.

Just because we can dps doesn't mean I have to pull aggro.

Seriously, are you 13 year old or something?
  • D/S - Heavens Tear16
    D/S - Heavens Tear16 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm Giodia. I'm going to stand in the corner and nuke once in a while and hope I dont pull aggro. If I do, I am a fail and everyone will think my whole class is a fail and then I'll kill myself.

Me, I'm a sin. I pull hate and party wipe on a regular basis. Sometime I shed aggro so the boss will kill the cleric and I laugh. I'm an egotistical **** and I'm better then everyone. Some call me God, others just bow before me. Whatever you do, know that your class can't compare to mine because, I AM SIN (3D movie is on the way, I think Spielberg is directing)

Just a quick look inside the mind of Giodia.

Reality is, like I said before, all classes have ups and downs. Sins dont replace any class, but can compliment any class. If you dont like sins, dont play them.
    edited February 2010

If I may be frank, any archer is always gonna have the slightly higher DPS due to the speed and crits that it can put out.

What keeps the mobs in place without the mob running mayhem is the Barb's aggro spamming and the Archer/ Mage aggro management.

I have not played a Barb before, I do not know how much per hit it can generate. But I do know that despite a barb flesh ream spamming, I can still get aggro if I simply fire on and on.

Also, when I tank bosses, no one steals aggro from me despite DD sparking at every opportunity, while I'm doing the same, with a slingshot.

This lead me to believe that what holds the mob in place is based on 2 things damage and flesh Ream.

The amount of damage you can put out must be fast and damage should be at least in average zone. Crits and spikes simply help you in generating more damage , therefore, keeping you on top of the list.

But Barb has Flesh Ream, which is fake aggro. It's a distraction and makes the mobs thinks the Barb has the aggro, which is also dependant on the Damage that you have done to the mob in total.

In order for this to happen, you must stop DD before the tank can Flesh ream the mob back.

Too many times have I seen Barbs gotten the aggro back with the sin grabbing it right back again with a few hits. And it usually doesn't ends well for them.

So what we can understand is that the damage done by DD's are always higher than Barbs and Barbs are holding aggro due to flesh ream spamming, which is essentially fake aggro.

So the question is back to why a sin wanna over-dd enough to snatch aggro and wipe the aggro?

It's kinda pointless isn't it? Other DDs could always DD till they snatched aggro and tank it till Barbs takes it back too.

If going by your analogy, then there would be lotsa failz Archers and Mages out there and no one wanna squad them.

We learnt to control our DPS by stopping from time to time.

Just because we can dps doesn't mean I have to pull aggro.

Seriously, are you 13 year old or something?

lol calling out age now,very sad as an insult(if you can call it that)..and im not 13 ....

secondly.. we have the same crit and faster attack than archers...

third...i have seen archers and mages in my own experiences pull aggro, die, and the boss runs rampent on the squad; yet i do not assume all Archers and Mages are "Failz" as u call it.

Finally...i do BH's with people all the time.. i use normal attacks when we first start, allowing the barb to gain his aggro, and when i feel comfortable i use my sparks and DD the boss down, applying my Debuff as needed...

so i have now just succefully argued against ur trolling of the forum now would contain urself and accept that all classes have caused Squad wipe at one point or another, and we all still like them...

And the main reason most people probly dont squad with Sins is because we are a NEW class and people arent used to our Strengths/Weaknesses.
  • D/S - Heavens Tear16
    edited February 2010

You can't be more wrong. Speed? I can hit almost twice as fast. Crits? Yeah, I have that too, 24% at lvl 79, but with almost twice as many hits, I have twice as many crits. I have a 92 archer and a 79 sin. At lvl 79, my sin does much more damage then my archer did at that lvl.

Vulgarities? Calling you stupid and moronic is not vulgar, trust me, I am filtering my comments. Do I sound big and important? Do you not remember that YOU STARTED WITH THE NAME CALLING. Calling someone egotistical and arrogant is RUDE, same as calling someone a moron. However, I base my comments on you and you alone. I dont call you a moron because of other people of your class, I call you a moron because you are one.

You keep turning this into a sin vs. archer debate. I have both, I like both. Sin does more DPS plain and simple. I say this from experience, not out of spite. Will this change in the future? I dont know. My archer can demon spark, my sin cant. So its hard to compare until they get the 79 skill and demon/sage skills for sin.

Thanks for telling us about Flesh Ream, we had no idea what this skill did. Unlike you, I have played a barb (lvl 74). Until you have, stop telling us how it works.

At last though, I am done with you. Was fun while it lasted. Keep up with your hating of all sins and know that the feeling is mutual. We hate you too.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

sins have the same crit and a faster attack speed?

yeah, and?

again, what is your point?

i pulled aggro off a 69 barb just auto attacking without sparking or using wofl emblem, doesn't prove anything does it?

DUH!

again, DUH?!

wow your so smart, how did you ever figure that out . . .

how many times you gonna say the same thing?

they don't take aggro, the use stealth and all the aggro they have generated is gone, but all the aggro the barb has made is still there

you really don't get it. . .

you don't stealth when you pull aggro, you stealth before you have pulled aggro but after dealing significant damage
  • D/S - Heavens Tear16
    edited February 2010
    Okay, one more thing about wiping aggro. I DD on bosses that I know I can take a a few hits on til I pull aggro, then reset it, which is normally at the half way mark. Now guess what, I can DD like mad til the boss is dead and I will not pull aggro again. The tank built hate since before I reset it, now I can go balls out til the end. It actually works quite well because I don't have to gimp myself. Also, it comes in handy when you start over criting. Any archer or sin knows what I mean, when you hit like 9 out of 10 crits. An archer will immediatly have to back off, I wont. I keep critin, reset aggro, and crit some more. Its fun for me, fast for the party and there is very little risk to it at all regardless of what Giodia says.

On bosses that 1 hit me, of course I will not do this. On bosses that have a ? lvl, I wont do this either. But when I know I can get away with it, yes, I DD my **** off. If I could reset aggro on my archer I would use and abuse it as well. If a wiz could do it, you guessed it, they would.
  • D/S - Heavens Tear16
    edited February 2010
    you don't stealth when you pull aggro, you stealth before you have pulled aggro but after dealing significant damage

Actually I stealth when I pull aggro, but I've done BH 59 enough that it doesnt really matter. But your absolutley right and as soon as I get into BH 69, I will change it to stealthing after a period of time rather then waiting to pull aggro.

Not sure why, but I like to see how long it takes to pull aggro. Testing the waters a bit because things start to hit harder and harder. Also good way to find great barbs.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sins have the same crit and a faster attack speed?

o dang it be 20% crit chance on a wizard!!!!!
    all you assassins be screwed nao!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    I'm Giodia. I'm going to stand in the corner and nuke once in a while and hope I dont pull aggro. If I do, I am a fail and everyone will think my whole class is a fail and then I'll kill myself.

Me, I'm a sin. I pull hate and party wipe on a regular basis. Sometime I shed aggro so the boss will kill the cleric and I laugh. I'm an egotistical **** and I'm better then everyone. Some call me God, others just bow before me. Whatever you do, know that your class can't compare to mine because, I AM SIN (3D movie is on the way, I think Spielberg is directing)

Just a quick look inside the mind of Giodia.

Reality is, like I said before, all classes have ups and downs. Sins dont replace any class, but can compliment any class. If you dont like sins, dont play them.

In fact, I'm playing a sin right as we speak, to explore it's weaknesses and strengths.

However, I'm sorry to inform you that I do not nuke at all. My Str comes from auto shots criting. I debuff and bleed boss mobs instead to hasten it's demise. Only when I'm sure the tank has sufficient aggro, only then I start auto-shots sequence run and stop every now and then if I crit 3 times in a row.
    lol calling out age now,very sad as an insult(if you can call it that)..and im not 13 ....

secondly.. we have the same crit and faster attack than archers...

third...i have seen archers and mages in my own experiences pull aggro, die, and the boss runs rampent on the squad; yet i do not assume all Archers and Mages are "Failz" as u call it.

Finally...i do BH's with people all the time.. i use normal attacks when we first start, allowing the barb to gain his aggro, and when i feel comfortable i use my sparks and DD the boss down, applying my Debuff as needed...

so i have now just succefully argued against ur trolling of the forum now would contain urself and accept that all classes have caused Squad wipe at one point or another, and we all still like them...

And the main reason most people probly dont squad with Sins is because we are a NEW class and people arent used to our Strengths/Weaknesses.

DDs have always known to pull aggro and it's up to them to be responsible for their actions. That said, with sin claiming to wipe aggro, is actually non-existence. Fake aggro flesh ream takes over fake aggro wipe.

But you are still on that list, just that you have been relegated to a lower priority than Barb at least.

The reason why I ask you your age, is because the concept of aggro management seems alien to your brain. You are unable to understand Cause and Effect and that your actions are able to affect more than yourself and it could have potential serious consequences.

Archers and Mages have their own naysayers that a DD should go all out on boss, while failing to understand the gear and capability of each individual tank and many have called them failz and has been silenced since.

And now, another DD telling us that they should be DD-ing to the best of the capability. We have been there and done that.

Whatever it is, do what you wanna do. You can continue to DD like a madman and 'wipe' your aggro. At the end of the day, something goes wrong, please do not ask why people are not squading you.
    edited February 2010
    In fact, I'm playing a sin right as we speak, to explore it's weaknesses and strengths.

However, I'm sorry to inform you that I do not nuke at all. My Str comes from auto shots criting. I debuff and bleed boss mobs instead to hasten it's demise. Only when I'm sure the tank has sufficient aggro, only then I start auto-shots sequence run and stop every now and then if I crit 3 times in a row.

DDs have always known to pull aggro and it's up to them to be responsible for their actions. That said, with sin claiming to wipe aggro, is actually non-existence. Fake aggro flesh ream takes over fake aggro wipe.

But you are still on that list, just that you have been relegated to a lower priority than Barb at least.

The reason why I ask you your age, is because the concept of aggro management seems alien to your brain. You are unable to understand Cause and Effect and that your actions are able to affect more than yourself and it could have potential serious consequences.

Archers and Mages have their own naysayers that a DD should go all out on boss, while failing to understand the gear and capability of each individual tank and many have called them failz and has been silenced since.

And now, another DD telling us that they should be DD-ing to the best of the capability. We have been there and done that.

Whatever it is, do what you wanna do. You can continue to DD like a madman and 'wipe' your aggro. At the end of the day, something goes wrong, please do not ask why people are not squading you.

well u keep believing what you want in your perfect world of understanding all classes and apparently knowing what works perfectly well and how all skills work in with their "Cause and Effects" on the squad, and if you do understand ne programming of how skills affects NPCs then u would realize that our "shadow escape" does reset our aggro as it pulls us from combat...thus the mob no longer recognizes us as a target and essentially forgets we were there...

As for Aggro management.. i fully understand it... as this is not my first MMORPG with a class that has a great chance to steal aggro.. I.E - i used to play WoW as a Rogue, and with our burst skills we could also pull aggro like a Sin...now with our ability to Vanish(equally the same as "Shadow Escape") our Aggro on the boss would reset completely as if we had never even attacked in the first place...
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    @ Lusca - Sanctuary: The Text which you have quoted me and replied in blue:

1. I'm comparing a DPS between a Barb and an Archer, no one else.

2. Too many times sins have mentioned that they will stealth only when tey have taken aggro. So your point is moot.

3. And if you have no way to keep track on aggro, how are you gonna know that you are gonna pull aggro soon? I would really wish to know how significant your damage is when you do stop.
    You can't be more wrong. Speed? I can hit almost twice as fast. Crits? Yeah, I have that too, 24% at lvl 79, but with almost twice as many hits, I have twice as many crits. I have a 92 archer and a 79 sin. At lvl 79, my sin does much more damage then my archer did at that lvl.

Vulgarities? Calling you stupid and moronic is not vulgar, trust me, I am filtering my comments. Do I sound big and important? Do you not remember that YOU STARTED WITH THE NAME CALLING. Calling someone egotistical and arrogant is RUDE, same as calling someone a moron. However, I base my comments on you and you alone. I dont call you a moron because of other people of your class, I call you a moron because you are one.

You keep turning this into a sin vs. archer debate. I have both, I like both. Sin does more DPS plain and simple. I say this from experience, not out of spite. Will this change in the future? I dont know. My archer can demon spark, my sin cant. So its hard to compare until they get the 79 skill and demon/sage skills for sin.

Thanks for telling us about Flesh Ream, we had no idea what this skill did. Unlike you, I have played a barb (lvl 74). Until you have, stop telling us how it works.

At last though, I am done with you. Was fun while it lasted. Keep up with your hating of all sins and know that the feeling is mutual. We hate you too.

First and foremost, I'm comparing damage dealt by Barb and Archer. I did not at any point of time said it's a comparison against Archer and sins.

Did you get butthurt from my comments on sins giving people the impression that they are egoistic? I think you sure did.

I believe it pretty pointless to debate on topic. And quite frankly, i do not care if sins hate me. Oh wow, sins hates me and I hide in corner to emo?

Whatever it is, I will be waiting for your 79 skills to come. And please do not hold your breath.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

good for you

how much dumber do you want to make yourself look x.x?

stealthing doesn't have any ****ing negative consequences to your squad unless your a total ****

archers and mages can't go all out on a boss because they can't get rid of their aggro unless they die, if they stop attacking they aren't generating more aggro but the aggro they have already made is still there

with a sin, if you use stealth, the aggro you generated is gone, is that so hard to understand?

no we are saying sins can DD to the best of their capability because of stealth
    we never said archers or mages can

oh please explain what could go so wrong as to stop people wanting to sqaud with sins? you keep saying what if things go wrong, but you never explain how they could go wrong

i swear, it is not that hard to understand, here is an example

there is just a barb, cleric and a sin, the aggro generated is like

barb 6000
    cleric 2000
    sin 5000

now the sin uses his forced stealth and loses all his aggro he has generated so it will be

barb 6000
    cleric 2000
    sin 0

now the barb has a 6k head start over the sin aggro wise so the sin can go all out DPS and is very unlikely to draw aggro

yes these numbers are made up but it was the simplest example i could think of that you might be able to understand
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Reasons to have an assassin in the squad...

1) Tackling Slash - For those mobs that dunno when to stand still.
    2) Rib Strike - For when the tank and cleric can't handle the real attack speed.
    3) Blood Paint - >_> For when the tank and cleric candle handle the real attack damage.
    4) Subsea Strike - To make sure whatever it is dies even faster.
    5) Shadow Teleport - =_= For when the noob DD or cleric grabs aggro from a random mob, far from the tank.
    6) Dagger Devotion/Focused Mind/Deaden Nerves - For when they have to handle something while EVERYONE else is busy.

They really need to up the max number of squad members. Otherwise, I prefer an Assassin to an Archer, most of the time.
    First of all Lol at anyone bringing a Sin instead of an archer or other DD, When you are forced to go back and shoot arrows with a BOW lol why not bring someone who's Class is all about that? Say... I dunno an ARCHER. You seem to me to be one of the SINS people talk about Except you're wearing a disguise.

Yay, time to build a Delta Squad :D Lets see.... We need a Barb to tank bosses and collect mobs :D.. Oooo, we need a Cleric for BB and to aoe heal :D oh yeah.. And we want Archers, or Wizs for their Primary Aoe Skills, longrange and short not to mention the Archers ST arrow. And a Veno to Kite bosses and run quests :D. And Lets see.... Hmmm... Who to take.. oh who will it be... Will it be the Bm with often 10k+ hp who helps dd the boss with HF... Or... A Fishy... Who can... Bloodpaint? Well.. that's useful I guess (Only to the Barb, or himself). And ooh.. They have a few Aoes in there hmm.. Oh.. gee... no ALPHA male skill to take aggro off the wiz archer and Cleric... Well Gee.. Ohh a Psy.. Hmm.. Who can we swap out for a psy.. The Veno? Oh.. Well.. They can't run too fast... Oh.. And kiting those bosses might be difficult... Maybe if they had a luring genie... Wait no.. you don't lure things in Delta Rb.. guess I have to keep my veno.. So Lets see.. Barb to tank the mobs, Clerics to Heal the party, Archers to barrage the Ranged archer mobs, and ST waves and bosses, Wiz to Aoe the melee mobs... Veno to run quests and kite bosses and the Bm to take over as the tank when the barb goes to collect the next wave of mobs.. MAKING SQUAD FOR RB DELTA *Invites Cleric, wiz, barb, archer, veno.. Wtf lol a sin, *boots*, NO you aren't coming I don't need a psy, *invites axe Bm* Yay FULL TY :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • HairyFocker - Lost City
    HairyFocker - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010

you heard it folks.. stealthing does not cause the agro to vanish..
    so please stop this 'non-sense' about stealth and agrob:shutup
    "male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose."
    - Varscona
    priceless! and quite true b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    well u keep believing what you want in your perfect world of understanding all classes and apparently knowing what works perfectly well and how all skills work in with their "Cause and Effects" on the squad, and if you do understand ne programming of how skills affects NPCs then u would realize that our "shadow escape" does reset our aggro as it pulls us from combat...thus the mob no longer recognizes us as a target and essentially forgets we were there...

As for Aggro management.. i fully understand it... as this is not my first MMORPG with a class that has a great chance to steal aggro.. I.E - i used to play WoW as a Rogue, and with our burst skills we could also pull aggro like a Sin...now with our ability to Vanish(equally the same as "Shadow Escape") our Aggro on the boss would reset completely as if we had never even attacked in the first place...

Nice to hear you played something else such as ***. In that game, you know they are pretty strict on pulling aggro and everyone is very particular about it. You messed up and your hopes of going on raiding guild may be gone too.

Please enlighten me as I have seen that a sin pulled aggro on glutt (stupid move) proceeds to stealth and barbs catches back aggro. sin thinking that it is safe and went back to DD. Boss turns to sin again after 3 secs.

Now if you are correct, the above scenario shouldn't have happened. So in that 3 seconds, did the sin crited like 20k and above in damage? The sin died of course. Barb wasn't able to regain aggro in time. Cleric probably too scared to heal the sin.

No sparking was involved. So, what's your suggestion that what could have happened to this unfortunate sin?

A bug? a one off-event?
    i swear, it is not that hard to understand, here is an example

there is just a barb, cleric and a sin, the aggro generated is like

barb 6000
    cleric 2000
    sin 5000

now the sin uses his forced stealth and loses all his aggro he has generated so it will be

barb 6000
    cleric 2000
    sin 0

now the barb has a 6k head start over the sin aggro wise so the sin can go all out DPS and is very unlikely to draw aggro

yes these numbers are made up but it was the simplest example i could think of that you might be able to understand

Please explained how the above sin died when he could effectively disappear from the hate list in my response above.
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    All Classes have reasons too, your stating this like they would gain a lot of efficency from you.
    Archers=Sharpened Tooth, Ranged, Evasion Buff.
    BMs=Heaven's Flame, Can help lure mobs, Aura Of the Golden Bell
    Veno=Amp, Can help tank with the use of pet, Bramble.
    Wizzies=Undine, Morning Dew in Emergencies, Water Damage to weapon buff
    All DDs have a reason to be in a squad, I dont ee a reason why you should be chosen over them.
    I'm sorry if it looked like i mean that we should be taken over the other class.
    what I'm just not understanding why would you take ANY other class besides TB?
    it happened to me a few times that they would say "no we don't want you cause ur a sin" and it just pisses me off. and after getting that way to many times i started hating being a sin. but I love the class.

so thats why i want to know more from other people's view instead of just my own and the bunch of a-holes that just reject people.
    and to be honest, I'm glad i made this thread cause i've gotten more hope that things will change soon enough. now lets just hope 79/100/celestial comes out soon so we get to try out the real "full potential" without causing squad wipes off course b:pleased
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    @ Lusca - Sanctuary: The Text which you have quoted me and replied in blue:

1. I'm comparing a DPS between a Barb and an Archer, no one else.

2. Too many times sins have mentioned that they will stealth only when tey have taken aggro. So your point is moot.

3. And if you have no way to keep track on aggro, how are you gonna know that you are gonna pull aggro soon? I would really wish to know how significant your damage is when you do stop.

First and foremost, I'm comparing damage dealt by Barb and Archer. I did not at any point of time said it's a comparison against Archer and sins.

well ofc an archer will out dps a barb that is why they have aggro skills

Did you get butthurt from my comments on sins giving people the impression that they are egoistic? I think you sure did.

your an idiot

I believe it pretty pointless to debate on topic. And quite frankly, i do not care if sins hate me. Oh wow, sins hates me and I hide in corner to emo?

the debate is that stealth makes sins a great DD, no one gives a rats **** about who hates you

Whatever it is, I will be waiting for your 79 skills to come. And please do not hold your breath.

x.x

1. your an idiot

2. yeah they stealth when they pull aggro, barb uses flesh ream, barb has aggro, sins aggro is back to 0

3. if you doing your 3 bh a day and fbs and stuff you will begin to notice how much damage you can do before you start pulling aggro
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    you heard it folks.. stealthing does not cause the agro to vanish..
    so please stop this 'non-sense' about stealth and agrob:shutup

seriously, you and giodia should really try leveling a sin and doing bh before you make comments like that x.x
    Nice to hear you played something else such as ***. In that game, you know they are pretty strict on pulling aggro and everyone is very particular about it. You messed up and your hopes of going on raiding guild may be gone too.

Please enlighten me as I have seen that a sin pulled aggro on glutt (stupid move) proceeds to stealth and barbs catches back aggro. sin thinking that it is safe and went back to DD. Boss turns to sin again after 3 secs.

Now if you are correct, the above scenario shouldn't have happened. So in that 3 seconds, did the sin crited like 20k and above in damage? The sin died of course. Barb wasn't able to regain aggro in time. Cleric probably too scared to heal the sin.

No sparking was involved. So, what's your suggestion that what could have happened to this unfortunate sin?

A bug? a one off-event?

stealth will only reset the aggro if your stealth level is higher than the bosses level
  • HairyFocker - Lost City
    HairyFocker - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    seriously, you and giodia should really try leveling a sin and doing bh before you make comments like that x.x

dude.. that was just sarcasm..b:victoryb:victory

jeez.. actly i see goidia's post all over this forum.. and its all anti-sin.. figures..
    "male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose."
    - Varscona
    priceless! and quite true b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    dude.. that was just sarcasm..b:victoryb:victory

lol my sarcasm detector is broken =[
    edited February 2010

A bug? a one off-event?

Please explained how the above sin died when he could effectively disappear from the hate list in my response above.

the sin either was to low a lvl as Lusca mentioned or u mistook his stealth skill being used for his Focused Mind being used which both.. thru animation will make the sin disappear for a few seconds.. while only the stealth will reset his aggro and the Focused Mind just gives him a "very slim" chance to dodge the bosses attack..
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

stealth will only reset the aggro if your stealth level is higher than the bosses level

Pretty soon, it will be able to do BH and I will be able to test this stealth thing myself.

So that sin did not level up his stealth skill higher than the boss, so the boss did not reset aggro.

This awareness skill is supposed to be able to be maxed by 74 and someone got lazy?

I do wonder how many sins read the stealth on aggro thing and went out to try, only to die b:laugh
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    the sin either was to low a lvl as Lusca mentioned or u mistook his stealth skill being used for his Focused Mind being used which both.. thru animation will make the sin disappear for a few seconds.. while only the stealth will reset his aggro and the Focused Mind just gives him a "very slim" chance to dodge the bosses attack..

He disappeared. Quite frankly, I wasn't able to see him any where. Boss went back to Barb after a fr. But whatever right?

Actually **** bags which some people may have been, I have learnt something useful on my upcoming sin. Therefore, it's still an obligation to thank all failz sin and non-fail (**** bags included) sins alike.

Thank you for giving such an wealth of information so that I can prevent myself from being like the failz sins (**** bags included).
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They just not used to tb yet, you know just like when everyone say " nerf venomancer please " b:laugh
    if you use advanced search feature in these forum, there tons of thread saying that. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...