reasons why you want or dont want sins in ur squad

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wtvdie wrote: »
    well, for tts where the boss has a physical aoe, im seeing very often sins sitting in the back leeching. why? cause they die

sins that dont sit at the back are wasting the cleric's mp in rezes.

when they steal agro, the shout at clerics for not healing them.

aoe= dead sin.

Smart sin would equip bow + stand back near the cleric and shoot. That way AoE heal affects them too while they can add to the damage dealt.

But of course, so many look down on the concept of even bothering with a bow to begin with...
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hate them all , cocky and if they die they blame on everyone else
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lucky me sicne i am on HT. So far i enver had any problems getting in squads(only if there were only two spots and no cleric or barb in, then i wasn't accepted but tis logically to get a cleric first and then a tanker)
    Anyway so far i did what i could to clean up during fights meaning teleporting around and getting aggro abck from wizzis, archers(tho it was sometimes difficult since msot of them didn't quit attacking and in the end i jstu helped killing but it was ok anyway)
    There was a time when i was the reason for squad wipe. Over the lvls i kinda developed a reflex that when my hp gets lower that 10-20%(depends on which situation: boss=20%, normal and elites 10%) i instantly force stealth....and yeah i managed to do so in the bh....well wasn'T that good since my squad was near and fighting aswell....so all my aggroed mobs went to meet my squad members. one side seemed to be happy to meet some new pals and the other obviously not since they had a meeting with the deathgod. but after that i watched carefully and learned to sue stealth in teh right situation. We all learn(at least i hope) from our mistakes.
  • Takamura - Dreamweaver
    Takamura - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have yet to have a problem finding a squad with my sin. Then again I'm not showing off, since I don't want to get everyone killed (including myself). If a boss has AoE I stand back and use a bow (learned the hard way when I first did rankar, boy was that ever fun x_x). I don't like having to use a bow all the time (cause hey I'm not an archer damn it) but it's hell of a lot better than dying every five seconds and taking the clerics attention off the tank just for a rez.

I'm sure once people get used to the new classes it wont be so bad, but that also means that people playing the new classes need to know how to play and help the squad.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    recent new experience. a sin said he could tank better than my bm. i let him try. he got 1 shotted. he qqed at the cleric saying cleric was supposed to bb.

funny thing, cleric was on bb, second cleric ih spamming him cause he insisted.

lesson here? sins cant tank belial.

LOL
  • Shazaaam - Lost City
    Shazaaam - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    maybe because of their ego of making 5 attacks per second?

they all like omg im super DD on bosses i atk 10x times faster than a bm wiz or archer.without nerfing his dmg using bow or actually knowing how to use their dagger without taking agro.

result = sin taking agro - squad wipe - lose of exp - sin kicked from squad n him ******** at every1
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    maybe because of their ego of making 5 attacks per second?

they all like omg im super DD on bosses i atk 10x times faster than a bm wiz or archer.without nerfing his dmg using bow or actually knowing how to use their dagger without taking agro.

result = sin taking agro - squad wipe - lose of exp - sin kicked from squad n him ******** at every1

... BMs can also reach 5 APS, so can Archers with fists.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The sins I see are usually ahead of the squad. Killing mobs off before even squad has managed to catch up and just keeps going.

They are the next kamikaze BMs or Barbs that rushes up to mobs before a cleric can catch up?

No sins that I have squaded with stays with the Cleric. Archers are usually the one with them.

Reason for not squading with sins:

1. Not leader
    2. abundance of other classes needing BH (more comfortable with old school classes)

Also, since sins being LA, they could technically tank bosses just as well, if nor better than an archer. But I see them unwilling to tank bh 59 bosses and giving lame excuses like "i will die".

If I can tank it, a LA sin sure can.

b:chuckle umm... psychics can alter their defense accordingly, or not even bother, to tank most magic mobs. i just don't understand why you would ask an assassin to tank when there are barbs, bms, wizards, venos and clerics who would serve as a much better tank for any of the fb59 bosses. ijs. don't base assumptions because 1 sin fails hard doesn't mean all of them do. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Being a tank, I love having a sin besides me for the bloodpaint skill.

On the other hand, there are arrogant ones out there (the worst one I've encountered being during public quest). YES you guys are awesome DDs, I know. Do I brag about my defenses too? -_-

And like every other DD, use your brain. YES you can spark+ infinitely. Just don't while a barb is tanking bosses. The speed increase of killing the boss is NOT worth a squad whipe.

And for the love of God, don't blame this on the tank or cleric. We are well equipped, and spam Ream/IH. Aggro management isn't just a tank's function, it's a squad's function.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Guess all the problem coming from bad kind of player that somehow can be found a lot on assassin class ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If the cleric takes agro from the tank? I guess you mean if the cleric heals too quick, but a simple flesh ream from the barb can take agro easy anyway.

The fact that you are LA means you can't tank the phys like a bm/barb. An LA archer has the distance, so s/he is in the aoe heals if there is a magic AoE with the cleric.

Wizards can have more Pdef easy, we have backup heals. The veno can lure just as much. We have high Damage, not so high DPS, but thats just agro stealing (Not that I have problem stealing agro anyway)

Venos can lure and have amp damage.

Honestly, I don't see why you would want to change something that works so well already. We get along without bloodpaint, slowing the boss etc. A good Rainbow squad can work well without these.

Thats why people don't feel the need to have you in squad.

But in saying all that, I don't see why people can't adapt. I'd happily have my friends, who play TB to be in a squad with me.
    Thing is, I don't know skills of either of the TB, so It's a little more difficult to work with them for now.

I have nothing against the TB as long as they can work with the rest of the squad and not do stupid stuff.

This ^

But most of the sins (not the vocal part of the community) will do stupid things. Therefore, to avoid lost of exp, it's better not to squad one up and this goes for most of the squads out there.

We have worked with rainbow squads for so long without fishies, so why do we need them now when most of the content has been done without them?
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This ^

But most of the sins (not the vocal part of the community) will do stupid things. Therefore, to avoid lost of exp, it's better not to squad one up and this goes for most of the squads out there.

We have worked with rainbow squads for so long without fishies, so why do we need them now when most of the content has been done without them?

Um phys are fishies as well >_> and I dont do stupid things the squads I team up with only die when everyone is not doing their part, so well it's not just my fault just cause im a sin.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle umm... psychics can alter their defense accordingly, or not even bother, to tank most magic mobs. i just don't understand why you would ask an assassin to tank when there are barbs, bms, wizards, venos and clerics who would serve as a much better tank for any of the fb59 bosses. ijs. don't base assumptions because 1 sin fails hard doesn't mean all of them do. b:bye

There are no Barbs or BMs, only Veno (non-herc), Cleric and Archer and a sin.

And it's not just one sin who fails hard, it's the majority of the sins that fails hard and try to do something stupid most of the time, which result in people dying with them and losing exp too.
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When i first came to pwi last year it was usually mid level (50-65) BM's that caused party wipes but now it seems that mid level sins have taken over as the idiot class.

I have squaded with very good BM's and sins but these two class's seem to have the larger share of poor players who dont know how to play their class and just rant at anyone who tries to give them a few pointers.

I've seen BM's and sins rush into groups of mobs instead of letting veno pull or zeal pull and only two things can happen here.

1: cleric heals and most of the group of mobs make for the soon to be dead cleric, Result is party wipe and cleric being screamed at for being a noob.

2: cleric lets BM/sin die, Result is party survive but cleric gets screamed at for not healing and being a noob.

I've seen the above happen a lot over the last couple of weeks in BH's 39/51 and it makes me sad to see the clerics getting so much abuse from fail players but at least i know its not my fault that my sin alt finds it hard to find a squad or gets booted from a squad as soon as they see im a sin, With so many poor, rude sins about i cant blame squads for being nervous about having them in the squad.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I did FF with a 8x Sin the other day in squad. Actually, enjoyed it a lot. They make okay DDs, and wasn't bad at all. I'm not very knowledgeable on Sins/Psys over lvl 70 as why would I at my lvl be squading w/ 'em when they are lower lvl? Lol, well anywayz, I don't see a problem inviting a TB in my squad for FF or somethin'.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Assassin does just fine in any squad, its the others in the squad that are most likely stupid.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Assassin does just fine in any squad, its the others in the squad that are most likely stupid.

Every class has the non-good players. Also, everyone makes mistakes. Aaaand, every class has the oracle n00bs. Life is life, nothing you can do about that. I've learned to live with it.
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Reasons to have an assassin in the squad...

1) Tackling Slash - For those mobs that dunno when to stand still.
    2) Rib Strike - For when the tank and cleric can't handle the real attack speed.
    3) Blood Paint - >_> For when the tank and cleric candle handle the real attack damage.
    4) Subsea Strike - To make sure whatever it is dies even faster.
    5) Shadow Teleport - =_= For when the noob DD or cleric grabs aggro from a random mob, far from the tank.
    6) Dagger Devotion/Focused Mind/Deaden Nerves - For when they have to handle something while EVERYONE else is busy.

They really need to up the max number of squad members. Otherwise, I prefer an Assassin to an Archer, most of the time.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Every class has the non-good players. Also, everyone makes mistakes. Aaaand, every class has the oracle n00bs. Life is life, nothing you can do about that. I've learned to live with it.
    This is too true, especially on my server.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There are no Barbs or BMs, only Veno (non-herc), Cleric and Archer and a sin.

And it's not just one sin who fails hard, it's the majority of the sins that fails hard and try to do something stupid most of the time, which result in people dying with them and losing exp too.

a veno makes a better tank in fb59 than a sin ijs. b:laugh
    and i doubt you've done bhs with "the majority of the sins". 5 sins does not make up the majority of the population.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • D/S - Heavens Tear8
    D/S - Heavens Tear8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The sins I see are usually ahead of the squad. Killing mobs off before even squad has managed to catch up and just keeps going.

They are the next kamikaze BMs or Barbs that rushes up to mobs before a cleric can catch up?

No sins that I have squaded with stays with the Cleric. Archers are usually the one with them.

I always run ahead and clear bh's with any class that I can safely do this with. I ask ahead of time if anyone minds if I start clearing. If someone says they mind, I leave the squad. I'm not going to wait around for people that take 10 minutes or longer to get into the bh. I dont need to wait for a cleric, I can solo my way to any boss in BH 59. If this makes me a poor squad mate, so be it. It's only a BH, I've done enough to know that I want to get in and get out as fast as I can.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm not trying to make a QQ thread here.
    I'm just merely trying to understand the reason behind people not to invite sins or psy's doesn't matter much.

since a good sin will not steal aggro, will slow the boss by 50% at all times, will keep squishies safe from sudden death in FB/BH, has AOE amp dmg, hard hitting AOE dmg skill (bout same as archers deadly shot so i heard), have HP regen for barb/bm (not much but it helps)

and yet people refuse to take the class. so I'm wondering why.

i know it might end that way. but i still hope to find some useful info to change it
    All Classes have reasons too, your stating this like they would gain a lot of efficency from you.
    Archers=Sharpened Tooth, Ranged, Evasion Buff.
    BMs=Heaven's Flame, Can help lure mobs, Aura Of the Golden Bell
    Veno=Amp, Can help tank with the use of pet, Bramble.
    Wizzies=Undine, Morning Dew in Emergencies, Water Damage to weapon buff
    All DDs have a reason to be in a squad, I dont ee a reason why you should be chosen over them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
    edited February 2010
    Personally as a sin I have no problems finding a squad and no one complains when im in the squad.............even on days when I die and get other people killed no one gets mad at me. But maybe im just lucky for now and i'll run into sin haters >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    reasons why you dont want sins in ur squad

Because they might be like Morty

/thread

b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    reasons why you dont want sins in ur squad

Because they might be like Morty

/thread

b:chuckle

>_> He gives us sin a bad rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i know i posted this in sin section already, but since not everybody looks there, I'm still looking for an answer from more people.

Ok, so I'm wondering after being denied for to many squads.
    what's your reason to either squad a sin or not??
    And don't start about "all those fail sins" but look at the good ones. why would u squad them or why would you leave them behind.

discuss :)

so I can shee them wilst they be cloaked b:pleased
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If a sin can tank a boss there is no reason not to let it. We easily out damage all other classes we can keep aggro and make the run faster.
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I always run ahead and clear bh's with any class that I can safely do this with. I ask ahead of time if anyone minds if I start clearing. If someone says they mind, I leave the squad. I'm not going to wait around for people that take 10 minutes or longer to get into the bh. I dont need to wait for a cleric, I can solo my way to any boss in BH 59. If this makes me a poor squad mate, so be it. It's only a BH, I've done enough to know that I want to get in and get out as fast as I can.

i agree, i always run ahead, i never even expect the cleric to heal me, bloodpaint, spark, pots and genie skills are all i need, obviously im careful not to grab a bunch of mobs and die.

most bh parties im in, other classes aggro a **** ton of mobs that the mages grab aggro on from healing and such and its up to me to save their sorry behinds... and i do save them.. or at least save some of them lol. i can take care of my own, and even take care of other ppl but dont expect me to be a god. as for tanking a boss? im sure i could.. if i coudl keep aggro. i can steal aggro easily enough but keeping it is a different story if the othe rplayers arent careful. i dont have any hate increasing moves, i can only tank on pure DD and when im conscentrating on staying alive its har dto DD as much as i could, making time for focused mind and chi gaining for the 10% heal from that keep sme from straing DDing or spamming my stronger skills.

ps I've tanked rankar and fushma when i was low enough that they were targets for my bh (had very good clerics) and i even tanked all the bosses in TT 1-1 squad mode at lvl 70... with 3 clerics lol. wasn't hard

oh and i havn't used a charm yet! tho i do have one.. saving it for when i might really need it
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

Clearing the path from start point to gate keeper, I find it acceptable even though it reeks of arrogance.

The majority of the people are also busy with rl issues or in-game issues, but yet, they are still willing to wait for others. So I hate to ask, what makes you so special that you have to be so impatient and grabbing whatever stamps you acquired along the way?

Allow me to ask you this question: You have cleared the way to boss, but you will still need to wait for the tanker + cleric at least, if they are slow. Then how much faster are you speeding up the run, assuming you have cleared each and every mob along the path ?

If you left 2 or more patrol mobs, wouldn't the tank and cleric need to clear it along the way?

If you left stationary mobs uncleared, like those on Earth path, and someone aggro the mobs there, wouldn't you waste time cleaning it up or time wasted on ressing the dead member?

Wouldn't it be faster if the whole squad clears and move together as one and everyone reaches the RV point safely?

There's a saying: More haste less speed.
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose.