reasons why you want or dont want sins in ur squad

Comments

• Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i know i posted this in sin section already, but since not everybody looks there, I'm still looking for an answer from more people.

Ok, so I'm wondering after being denied for to many squads.
    what's your reason to either squad a sin or not??
    And don't start about "all those fail sins" but look at the good ones. why would u squad them or why would you leave them behind.

discuss :)
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh great, another Tideborn QQ thread.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Duh, b:beatup isn't you a tideborn yourself ? he trying to make people know what are your race capable to do in squad and how their cover the weakness, so people won't think them as totally useless in squad. b:tired

Btw, the old thread link so people can read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I'm a Psychic. But it doesn't matter what the intentions of the OP are, that kind of threads always end up with people QQing over Tideborns.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010

I'm not trying to make a QQ thread here.
    I'm just merely trying to understand the reason behind people not to invite sins or psy's doesn't matter much.

since a good sin will not steal aggro, will slow the boss by 50% at all times, will keep squishies safe from sudden death in FB/BH, has AOE amp dmg, hard hitting AOE dmg skill (bout same as archers deadly shot so i heard), have HP regen for barb/bm (not much but it helps)

and yet people refuse to take the class. so I'm wondering why.
    I'm a Psychic. But it doesn't matter what the intentions of the OP are, that kind of threads always end up with people QQing over Tideborns.

i know it might end that way. but i still hope to find some useful info to change it
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's pretty simple:

Do you tank? No.
    Can you keep the tank alive? No.

Therefore, are you required in a squad? No.

So you're lumped in with Bladmasters, Venos, Wizards and Archers.
    And people understand those.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Assassins can't tank, heal, crowd control, or lure. They're not "needed" in a squad because there's a lot of already existing DDs already and they don't have primary support skills. I really don't mind if an Assassin comes into my squad, just that they're another DD and since they're so upclose to the target if they get aggro they can die easely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Reasons to squad an assassin:
    Bloodpaint
    Checking where bosses (Fushma, Rankar) and roamers are in '51
    Checking which doors are open in '79

Reasons not to squad an assassin:
    The individual assassin is an **** who is obsessed with showing off his tricks/proving how useful he can be. I do NOT want one to pull multiple reverexes in '39, I do NOT want one to pull that entire group of hexocs at the corner east of Hu's room so we can sneak past... and then have enemies on both sides of us. I'm sure others have other stupid assassin stories to share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Grim_Jow - Dreamweaver
    Grim_Jow - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well... if ppl know what u can do, they will never reject you ... i can tank every boss in BH 59 ... can help cleric if takes agro healing tank ... i dunno why would any1 reject Sin in squad... from my point of view its silly ... i think ppl just need time to adapt to new classes :) cheers b:cute
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    well... if ppl know what u can do, they will never reject you ... i can tank every boss in BH 59 ... can help cleric if takes agro healing tank ... i dunno why would any1 reject Sin in squad... from my point of view its silly ... i think ppl just need time to adapt to new classes :) cheers b:cute

Everyone can tank BH59 once they hit 70+. Sins are really just another DD, but they also have the ability to save other squishy classes by blinking/stunlocking whatever mob attacks them. They have an annoying flaw tho, sometimes their critpower can play against them and they can steal aggro several times because of it. Sins really shouldn't spark during instances, that's my advice. I think any Sin that abuses Sparks during BHs and FBs is a moron.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm not trying to make a QQ thread here.
    I'm just merely trying to understand the reason behind people not to invite sins or psy's doesn't matter much.

since a good sin will not steal aggro, will slow the boss by 50% at all times, will keep squishies safe from sudden death in FB/BH, has AOE amp dmg, hard hitting AOE dmg skill (bout same as archers deadly shot so i heard), have HP regen for barb/bm (not much but it helps)

This is the first time I've actually seen someone spell out what a 'sin can do.

I run a barb. I didn't drop my barb and roll a new char when tideborn came out, because I'm happy with my char. I have no idea what 'sins can do, nor have any that I have met ever *told* me what they can do. They just show up, and do what I expect everyone in the squad to do - kill the mobs/boss, and don't get the rest of us killed.

I have never refused either of the new classes a place in a squad, assuming the basics are covered (tank, healer, DD, lure). As long as that's done, you can bring your grandmother if you want.

I assume the others in my squad know what to do, unless proven otherwise. When someone FAILs, I assign that fail to the DERP behind the keyboard, not the char on the screen.

If they refuse to let you into their squads, they're FAIL already, and you don't want to associate with 'em.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why would I not squad an assassin....hmmm.......cause they're ugly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Bloodpaint

The individual assassin is an **** who is obsessed with showing off his tricks/proving how useful he can be. I do NOT want one to pull multiple reverexes in '39, I do NOT want one to pull that entire group of hexocs at the corner east of Hu's room so we can sneak past... and then have enemies on both sides of us. I'm sure others have other stupid assassin stories to share.

valid points from 2 views, thats more what I'm looking for thank you.
    you are right about the reasons not to squad a sin, but you could just tell em not to do so. and if they do. let them die and tell em its their own fault. its what i would do.
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    This is the first time I've actually seen someone spell out what a 'sin can do.

I run a barb. I didn't drop my barb and roll a new char when tideborn came out, because I'm happy with my char. I have no idea what 'sins can do, nor have any that I have met ever *told* me what they can do. They just show up, and do what I expect everyone in the squad to do - kill the mobs/boss, and don't get the rest of us killed.

I have never refused either of the new classes a place in a squad, assuming the basics are covered (tank, healer, DD, lure). As long as that's done, you can bring your grandmother if you want.

I assume the others in my squad know what to do, unless proven otherwise. When someone FAILs, I assign that fail to the DERP behind the keyboard, not the char on the screen.

If they refuse to let you into their squads, they're FAIL already, and you don't want to associate with 'em.

RedMenace

I'm glad i could enlighten you on that point of view, and its true maybe they already are fail. but still if that happens to be 90% of the game.... its kinda hard for us to ever get rebirth or FC done. or even regular fb/bh's unless your tabber/winer.

-_- i have failed to use the edit button. i'm sorry
  • Grim_Jow - Dreamweaver
    Grim_Jow - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why would I not squad an assassin....hmmm.......cause they're ugly.

no1 can tell me that a barb looks better than Sin ... you look like fat animal ... u should be ashamed to tell something like that... may God have mercy on your soul ... :D b:kiss b:bye joking :P
  • Devinettie - Heavens Tear
    Devinettie - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've been in a few parties with sins.. and it always ended up with.. Dead sin.. then cleric runs towards tank to get mobs off.. Dead cleric... because sin went invisible and pulled 6-7 mobs, Everyone else runs.. Poof.. party wipe.. Even AFTER we told the Sin to just deal damage and watch his/her output.
    So no.. I really don't like partying with sins... and when I do.. I usually give the sin the second degree on how to behave.. which makes me look like the bad guy. I love a good party wipe and I love a good laughing death... But.. I don't need to be killed because a Sin decides we are going to slow and blinks around pulling several mobs.

So till a Sin can be in a party with me.. and Not goof off and show off.. I avoid them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm NOT a perfect girl... My hair doesn't always stay in place, I spill a lot of things and I'm pretty clumsy, but when I stop and take a step back and think, I remember how amazing my life is, and that... Maybe I like being Imperfect.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I have yet to come across a good looking sin.

Edit:
    @Grim-We're extra hairy. You're hairless. I vote for us. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Basically, I avoid putting sins in squads for the same reason, I'd rather not have to end up in a unnessecary squad wipes if they're truly unneeded. But then again, It's also because nowadays, I only squad with friends/faction, and there aren't many TBs around that lvl.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boozer - Lost City
    Boozer - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I love having a sin in my Frost party <3

Their aoe-ulti amps all the mobs, everything dies so fast and also blood paint is amazing b:victory. The sins 2 aoe skills is often enough, the mobs are dead after that.

I like to party psychics to, the reflect buff and their dmg is really good but but they tends to take a lot of agro, more than they should actually. Ive seen 8X psys taking all agro from 95+ archers in frost, debating if their aoes has some sort of draw agro hidden b:shocked.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you're not hairy, you're furry. let me tame you ^^
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    I love having a sin in my Frost party <3

Their aoe-ulti amps all the mobs, everything dies so fast and also blood paint is amazing b:victory. The sins 2 aoe skills is often enough, the mobs are dead after that.

I like to party psychics to, the reflect buff and their dmg is really good but but they tends to take a lot of agro, more than they should actually. Ive seen 8X psys taking all agro from 95+ archers in frost, debating if their aoes has some sort of draw agro hidden b:shocked.

b:victory glad to hear this, at least i've found 1 person that likes to squad sins

now come to my server QQ ( i started the first QQ in the no-QQ thread)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    you're not hairy, you're furry. let me tame you ^^
    wolf-in-grandmas-clothing-costume.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bloodpaint

The individual assassin is an **** who is obsessed with showing off his tricks/proving how useful he can be. I do NOT want one to pull multiple reverexes in '39, I do NOT want one to pull that entire group of hexocs at the corner east of Hu's room so we can sneak past... and then have enemies on both sides of us. I'm sure others have other stupid assassin stories to share

lol sorry but she has a point there...b:cold
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    lol sorry but she has a point there...b:cold

more then 1 as well. they can be very handy and useful in instances, as long as there not morons :)
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If the cleric takes agro from the tank? I guess you mean if the cleric heals too quick, but a simple flesh ream from the barb can take agro easy anyway.

The fact that you are LA means you can't tank the phys like a bm/barb. An LA archer has the distance, so s/he is in the aoe heals if there is a magic AoE with the cleric.

Wizards can have more Pdef easy, we have backup heals. The veno can lure just as much. We have high Damage, not so high DPS, but thats just agro stealing (Not that I have problem stealing agro anyway)

Venos can lure and have amp damage.

Honestly, I don't see why you would want to change something that works so well already. We get along without bloodpaint, slowing the boss etc. A good Rainbow squad can work well without these.

Thats why people don't feel the need to have you in squad.

But in saying all that, I don't see why people can't adapt. I'd happily have my friends, who play TB to be in a squad with me.
    Thing is, I don't know skills of either of the TB, so It's a little more difficult to work with them for now.

I have nothing against the TB as long as they can work with the rest of the squad and not do stupid stuff.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    because spot is reserved already for other classes?lol
    just kidding.
    i usually solo bh's and hh's with my hubby so b:surrender
    but if i play cleric,and sin is in bh squad that would be problem at some bosses.
    like in 69,melee classes u always have to heal separated,besides spamming iron on tank and party heal for others when boss aoe,u need to worry about LA melee b:shutup

Aoe on 69 aint too bad unless their equip suck. bloodpaint usually heal the aoe up, or atleast close.. a aoe heal now and the is enough. and if cleric not do i dont blame them, only cool if they do, not requirred. what kill sin is when get aggro D: lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i know i posted this in sin section already, but since not everybody looks there, I'm still looking for an answer from more people.

Ok, so I'm wondering after being denied for to many squads.
    what's your reason to either squad a sin or not??
    And don't start about "all those fail sins" but look at the good ones. why would u squad them or why would you leave them behind.

discuss :)

1. Boss has short range aoe... so I would rather have ranged DDs.
    2. Boss has 20m aoe sleep... so I would rather have ranged DDs.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the only reasons i would not squad a sin is if, their lvl is too low for whatever we are doing. or there is one spot left for a tank or cleric. but in some cases, the sin can tank.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well, for tts where the boss has a physical aoe, im seeing very often sins sitting in the back leeching. why? cause they die

sins that dont sit at the back are wasting the cleric's mp in rezes.

when they steal agro, the shout at clerics for not healing them.

aoe= dead sin.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've been in a few parties with sins.. and it always ended up with.. Dead sin.. then cleric runs towards tank to get mobs off.. Dead cleric... because sin went invisible and pulled 6-7 mobs, Everyone else runs.. Poof.. party wipe.. Even AFTER we told the Sin to just deal damage and watch his/her output.
    So no.. I really don't like partying with sins... and when I do.. I usually give the sin the second degree on how to behave.. which makes me look like the bad guy. I love a good party wipe and I love a good laughing death... But.. I don't need to be killed because a Sin decides we are going to slow and blinks around pulling several mobs.

So till a Sin can be in a party with me.. and Not goof off and show off.. I avoid them...

This happened to me. :[ The thing is, the squad was all muscle anyway (two BMs and two sins, and then me as a psy) and wouldn't get a cleric or a veno like I suggested they do. They figured they'd be okay since I had bubble of life. WRONG. We went to fight Dismal Shade, and they basically left me and went charging into the bosses' room, aggroing just about everyone but Frost. They all were dead in minutes. I had run away as soon as they'd pissed off the monsters, but then Dismal Shade came following me down the hall until I was dead.

That was a delightful day for me.