Archer replaced by Assassin?

Options

Comments

• zabuzamumochi
    zabuzamumochi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    true lol. but every time a low lvl gets pked there respons is what a noob instantly o.O just makes them self look stupid if all they can do is say noob. most of them say stay here ill get my 90+ char.. i mean come on dnt get me excited like that if ur gonna bs just no funb:sad

In christ's name amen
  • alibabica
    alibabica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i hope thay will make all clases be equal in fight so in duel will won bether gamers im litle born of this i wanna thay made this game like bruce lee artist this sucks i have lvl 74 cleric and i hate her thay should realythink about this all
  • warrenbaxter
    warrenbaxter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ROLF what a joke comparing an Archer and an Assassin...

A Ranged DD always have an upper hand over a Short ranged DD.

1> I know an Assassin can use a bow...

An archer with bow have bow mastery, lvl 10 gives 60% extra weapon damage, demon gives 75% weapon damage & sage version gives 90% extra weapon damage.

2> I know an Assassin can hit from distance and then use dagger at close range...

An Archer with Winged Blessing lvl 10 gets +10 meter extra range, demon version gives +12 meter extra range, & sage version gives +14meter range.

So a physical mob will catch an Assassin quicker than an Archer.

A Pro Archer (who have the knowledge about how and when to use frost arrow and knock back arrow) may or may not take damage with any physical mob, but an Assassin will always take damage no matter what.

3> Any Light Armor player takes more damage from physical attack compared to Heavy Armor so the best way to survive for a Light Armor is to take as minimum damage as possible, so an archer always have an upper hand over an assassin on this point.

4> An assassin is like a BM with chain stuns.. Yes an assassin can stun , sleep or seal an Archer like a BM can chain stun an archer and kill it... But its only possible if they can reach the archer, i dont see any Pro archer waiting for a Bm to reach them.. use aim low and then the end of the story...

So noway an Assassin can replace an Archer by any means , as even in dungeons an archer is more useful than an Assassin. Good Luck killing all bosses without sharpened tooth arrow b:laugh .
  • Zaw - Heavens Tear
    Zaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    DUDE Sin's DONT COMPARE to archers,archers naturally are faster,and more agile then sins,straight from lvl 1
    sins use melee moves, no matter WHAT melee is still melee
    sins can't compare to a archers evasion (No offense to all the sins out there,im one myself)
    i remember this,when i started my sin,i cecked my evasion,then went on to my archer who is also pure,same lvl,archer naturally had more evasion....
    thats what makes us unique i mean seriously archers dont really get all that much but when it comes to dodging....geez they're good.
    im sorry dude i just dont believe sins out-match archers in eavsion and accuracy.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    DUDE Sin's DONT COMPARE to archers,archers naturally are faster,and more agile then sins,straight from lvl 1
    sins use melee moves, no matter WHAT melee is still melee
    sins can't compare to a archers evasion (No offense to all the sins out there,im one myself)
    i remember this,when i started my sin,i cecked my evasion,then went on to my archer who is also pure,same lvl,archer naturally had more evasion....
    thats what makes us unique i mean seriously archers dont really get all that much but when it comes to dodging....geez they're good.
    im sorry dude i just dont believe sins out-match archers in eavsion and accuracy.

perhaps not but sins DO have auto resxD

but i still stand by my post a few pages back archers are beter due to the fact that they are more flexible. not to down sins, cos i think they are awsome given formxD. but the archers still have skills and buffs that will put them out on top in pvp and pve winged shell alone is enuf to withstand damage form a sin long enuf to fire off a lighting spell or something. even if the sin has the auto res buff on it will only have a small amount of hp a single arrow could kill it again:P
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    DUDE Sin's DONT COMPARE to archers,archers naturally are faster,and more agile then sins,
    in pWI all is based on gear, especially when 2 classes use same DEX as main.

this thread wasnt archer vs sin regarding evasion and acc.....lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers and Assassins gain the exact same thing for everything.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Samher - Harshlands
    Samher - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well...there is something nice about being able to kill someone then switch targets quickly from range.

b:cry this is why i avoid pking archers b:surrender
  • BlindApathy - Lost City
    BlindApathy - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    was watchin a 7x Assassin in west arch a couple days ago. He dropped an 8x archer in a duel, with a bow, I giggled. Fail archer or pro sin? FEED THE TROLL
  • E/nY - Sanctuary
    E/nY - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    was watchin a 7x Assassin in west arch a couple days ago. He dropped an 8x archer in a duel, with a bow, I giggled. Fail archer or pro sin? FEED THE TROLL

too soon for me to tell. Recall any gear/stats?
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Fail archer most likely since at 8x they have that extra range from maxed out winged blessing. With the damage a 8x can do, it shouldnt have been an issue to take out the assassin unless there was a huge difference in the quality of equips.

However the trick would be that the sin was hiding and coming out only to hit and going back into hide. This would effectively mean the archer wasnt fast enough to target the sin (using the tab key would get him to target even mobs) while the sin slowly took away the archer's hp. And given that the sin would be able to equip almost the same lvl bow.

Its sad that this game has yet to provide a method to detect/force sins out of invisibility. The moment they introduce that (if they ever that is), youre gonna lose out on your advantage.

Would love such a thing to be implemented here though and see all the QQ b:laugh

In the end though, its expected of the assassin to be superior to archers in 1on1 combat and general pvp. However doesnt mean any one would be replaced any time soon.
  • E/nY - Sanctuary
    E/nY - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Fail archer most likely since at 8x they have that extra range from maxed out winged blessing. With the damage a 8x can do, it shouldnt have been an issue to take out the assassin unless there was a huge difference in the quality of equips.

However the trick would be that the sin was hiding and coming out only to hit and going back into hide. This would effectively mean the archer wasnt fast enough to target the sin (using the tab key would get him to target even mobs) while the sin slowly took away the archer's hp. And given that the sin would be able to equip almost the same lvl bow.

Its sad that this game has yet to provide a method to detect/force sins out of invisibility. The moment they introduce that (if they ever that is), youre gonna lose out on your advantage.

Would love such a thing to be implemented here though and see all the QQ b:laugh

In the end though, its expected of the assassin to be superior to archers in 1on1 combat and general pvp. However doesnt mean any one would be replaced any time soon.

the cd on our shadow skill(in battle) is 1min 30secs. No way he can disable an archer for that long and cloak. This isnt rappelz lol. And most 8x archers go through a faze in 80s where every class can kill you. Thinking about it this archer was fail most likely. You have 2 anti stuns 80+ use em :p
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    uhh had be fail archer. or had crapy gear. no lvl 80x archer to lose to any 70x peeps unless its like 76 or so charmed bard. thats bout it o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CorpseSin - Heavens Tear
    CorpseSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    fail thread is indeed fail.

"oh look im a sin and i can wield a bow and use dex like an archer, lets use bows to kill mobs"

firstly, you should only use a bow to lure or do some kind of damage before the mob gets to you. personally, i would rather use our ranged skill we already have, it hits harder and can cancel a channeling.

secondly, if your a sin using a bow, your doing it wrong. Especially in pvp.

thirdly sins = spike archers are dps. look at how our skills are designed. if you fail to realize this, log off your sin and re roll as an archer kthnxbye.

lastly, archers will never ever get replaced. all classes will always have a use, and sins in pvp and tws will be used to take out light armor and robe classes. they will not be able to kill barbs or any heavy classes/builds. The op needs to create an archer if they believe that bows can kill with sins before mobs get to you. Try doing that at later levels, rather than figuring out how to do it now, and you will get roasted.

just buy some hp powders, or better yet make them, use them to level, rinse wash repeat. I have no problem using powders to level. in fact im doing it faster that way.

sorry if my post was off topic, im just getting fed up of unfortunately my own class amusing they can do everything better. i saw that earlier on heavens tear today, and i pvped them and wiped them. granted i may still be a low level sin, i still know how to play my class well enough to understand its mechanics. also sorry for the wall of text.
  • XIcePhoenix - Dreamweaver
    XIcePhoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    u dont get the idea
    indeed assasins can use bows but its useless
    they dont have stun,seal,slow skills that can be used with a bow so therefor ARCHERS WILL never be replaced
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    blah blah blah. archers r just badass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    Sheyde - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mobs don't get close to archers, usually

*ahem* Mobs that attack with magic skills yup, they keep distance from you, and monsters attacking with melee attack get closest as possible to rip you apart.
  • Remedey - Heavens Tear
    Remedey - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think assassins definitely replace archers because they use the same build (mostly dex) and assassins have daggers, making them much better! I use a bow until the mob gets close to me (usually I get about 3 hits in) then I switch to daggers to finish it off. Archer does the same thing, except without switching to daggers. So Archer=Assassin-Daggers, meaning assassins are much better.

//_- sigh b:embarrass you epicly fail by trying to be an archer when you are a sin you tard XD replace archers my **** b:cool
    [SIGPIC]<--Rem...remmeber that >.>[/SIGPIC]
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Your obviously a noob if you think there should be an item to disable the Assassin best skill. thats like saying
    "Please make shields so I can block arrows from archers"

Fail.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ROLF what a joke comparing an Archer and an Assassin...

A Ranged DD always have an upper hand over a Short ranged DD.

1> I know an Assassin can use a bow...

An archer with bow have bow mastery, lvl 10 gives 60% extra weapon damage, demon gives 75% weapon damage & sage version gives 90% extra weapon damage.

2> I know an Assassin can hit from distance and then use dagger at close range...

An Archer with Winged Blessing lvl 10 gets +10 meter extra range, demon version gives +12 meter extra range, & sage version gives +14meter range.

So a physical mob will catch an Assassin quicker than an Archer.

A Pro Archer (who have the knowledge about how and when to use frost arrow and knock back arrow) may or may not take damage with any physical mob, but an Assassin will always take damage no matter what.

3> Any Light Armor player takes more damage from physical attack compared to Heavy Armor so the best way to survive for a Light Armor is to take as minimum damage as possible, so an archer always have an upper hand over an assassin on this point.

4> An assassin is like a BM with chain stuns.. Yes an assassin can stun , sleep or seal an Archer like a BM can chain stun an archer and kill it... But its only possible if they can reach the archer, i dont see any Pro archer waiting for a Bm to reach them.. use aim low and then the end of the story...

So noway an Assassin can replace an Archer by any means , as even in dungeons an archer is more useful than an Assassin. Good Luck killing all bosses without sharpened tooth arrow b:laugh .

And your obviously a **** to, an Assassin has mutli skills to instantly teleport to your spot, rip strike then you can't move. At the end of the day its down to player skill, an assassin has lot of skills and is very versitile in pvp. If archers get in first hit with any class thats there advantage.

This thread fails, Archer and Assassin arr very a like, none replace each other so.
    Kthxbai.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    Poizon - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And your obviously a **** to, an Assassin has mutli skills to instantly teleport to your spot, rip strike then you can't move. At the end of the day its down to player skill, an assassin has lot of skills and is very versitile in pvp. If archers get in first hit with any class thats there advantage.

This thread fails, Archer and Assassin arr very a like, none replace each other so.
    Kthxbai.

Well said..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *ahem* Mobs that attack with magic skills yup, they keep distance from you, and monsters attacking with melee attack get closest as possible to rip you apart.

i don't know how it is with vit clerics, but magic mobs may never get a spell out before they're killed. like mid channel or trying to move to an archer they just die. if they're in range to start channeling, that's "close" in my book. archers just don't get hit by mobs, unless something spawns right on them, or something is a tower mob with 35 range.
    Your obviously a noob if you think there should be an item to disable the Assassin best skill. thats like saying

Fail.

ehhh more like please get rid of 50% acc rings so evasion does something...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • IDaun - Raging Tide
    IDaun - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @Topic

The assassin brings to the table an interesting buff and some good damage dealing capabilities. What does that sound like? An archer. Does it sound better? No. Worse? No. Both sides, stop trying to inflate your e-peen and recognize that. It's like those stupid arguments I used to see (not sure if they're still there) about what weapon path is best for a BM. You're never gonna reach a conclusion because-- le gasp-- each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

@OMGZFISTBMPWNS a few pages back

Now I don't know exactly (pwicalc has gone down or something) but wouldn't you think an assassin would do more damage than a fist BM (purely DD, not talking about tanking capabilities)? Daggers rely on dex for their damage... meaning that someone can go all out with dex (getting a high crit/accuracy) without having to worry about adding str (cept for armor/weap req)? Wouldn't that make them a better DD than a fist BM?

Put it this way-- they don't have to do a balancing act of stats. A fist BM needs STR for damage, but, DEX for weapon requirement/crit rate. Therefor, more dex=less hitting power. More str=less crit/possibility of not being able to use fists. Assassins don't have that issue. They'd have more crit and higher damage than a fist BM. -Interval gear is available for both classes, and, I'm assuming that both a BM and an Assassin (once everything is added in) can Demon spark faster attack rates...

So a Fist BM would have a slightly faster attack rate, but, an Assassin would have more damage/crit. I think the assassin wins, here, in terms of DDing. Now tanking... that's an entirely different matter. Something I would have commented on had pwicalc been available. -.-'

And @ my references to pwicalc-- an assassin has the same per dex/vit adds that an archer has, so, I've been using archers to look at what a higher level assassin build would be like. It's not hard to modify a weapon on there to be 'daggers'.

And @ "use your class weapon."

What's the harm in using a weapon that doesn't 'belong' to your class if it benefits you? I use my bow on my BM and my assassin to pull mobs from around aggro groups, etc. I know my assassin has that ranged attack, but, I've found some times where I'd prefer using the bow.

By that logic, that you should only use class weapons, then, I guess all classes other than archers should go up and whack the snowmen?
  • Trancesend - Harshlands
    Trancesend - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    someone arguing about DDs, on public quest for example, there was a lvl 64 assasin who beated two 77 archers and became overall top4 whitout random roll, ofc those archers were kinda sucky but still.

Its cool to use bow to lure mobs and take some of its hp before it reaches you.
    But assasin replacing archer. I dont see how that would work lol... b:bye
  • Chronos - Raging Tide
    Chronos - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok so I've changed my mind again.

-People keep saying things like, "omgz ur such an idiot assassinz can use bow but archer r so much bettar at bow!!!1111"

Yes I know, my point is that both of them can use bows and only one of them can use melee. Assassin's melee can probably do around the same damage as the Archer's range. Assassin's range OWNS the Archer's melee because of course they can't use melee (well they can but I'll get into that later). Yes you keep telling me "omgz archerzz can upgrad3 with masteraiessszzz!!!111" But Assassin's can upgrade their melee with masteries and sage and demon skills. So Assassin's melee damage=Archer's range damage, right? Now, keeping that in mind, add a sucky range damage to the Assassin. Now, Assassin's melee damage+Assassin's sucky range damage>Archer's range damage+Archer's nonexistent melee damage (meaning they don't have any melee damage).

-I've also seen comments like, "U R A NUB!!!!1111 Archerz can use fistz for maleee332!!!111"

Yes, I've realized archers can use fists and swords and other melee weapons. However, unlike assassins using bows, archers using melee weapons suck because their bow damage even at close range is much better than their melee damage. But bow damage is useful for assassins because when they're facing a melee mob they can get in extra hits before attacking it, even if it's not much.

So, since we've established that Assassin's melee damage=Archer's range damage that means that they're equally good at killing magic and range mobs, since assassins have several skills that lets them get close to their enemies quickly. But, Assassins are much better at killing melee mobs because they can get in some extra hits before the mob gets to them and we've established that Assassin's melee damage+Assassin's sucky range damage>Archer's range damage. So overall, Assassin's are definitely better for PVE.

Now, for PVP I really can't tell at the moment, it looks like they're about even, I don't know.
  • Hichel - Harshlands
    Hichel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    An archer can kill a mob without being hit '-', so they don't need any type of melee damage but they have some to help '-'
    Played 2 years and a half with Clerics
    Falken: Elf Priest(EP) lvl 98 PW-MY
    Hichel: Sacerdote lvl 93 PW-BR

To become an Assassin
    Hichel: Assassin for now Active.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Fail.

lol that reminds me of a certain other game that can provide up to 80% Ranged block rate. meaning bow using classes in that game are completly useless in pvp. especially when they trying to take out a class with 140k HP and there only doing at the very most 4k crits which gets blocked 80% of the time b:chuckle
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    People and their silly debates...Easy question...Easy answer... No, Assassins will not replace Archers. I doubt they would imbalance any class so badly that it was completely replaced by another XD
  • Periculosul - Raging Tide
    Periculosul - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dex archer has extremely high damage hence excelling at backstabbing (pking ppl who are leveling without warning). But due to their lack of hp pool, they are easily taken down which makes them not as useful for guild fight.

Same think applies for Assassins .

But if you compare the skills of both Classes then you will see Archers are more useful then assassins .

Wing Barrier - self defense
    Focusing the vigor then instantly create a mana shield, absorbing 1000
    point of damage the most, and lasts for 20 seconds max, when mana shield is activated,
    every 3 seconds can recover 80 mana, 6 times of recovering is the most.

Arrows Bombard - POWER GRIND LEVEL for all party team with an Cleric .

Team Buff - 30 min - 40% more dodge + speed run

Assassin lacks of self protection , laks of skills useful in Dungeons , or for party. There is no skill of assasin which you can say we need this character in our party without it we cannot do the Dungeon , or the teritorial war .

Assassin buff team -
    Absorption Aura
    all allies around u absorb HP equal 10% melee dmg they deal.
    - not necessary we have clerics for that
    Assassin is a big joke not for playing on a PVE server and not for Party .

Big Fail
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm not saying that Assassins are better at using bows than archers are, I'm saying that Assassins are better overall because they can use bows (not as well as archer) and they can use daggers (archer's cant use daggers). Assassins can upgrade daggers and use skills with them and use a bow.

Why would I need a dagger when I can kill the mob b4 it gets to me?

AND

I have knockback if it does.... so Y would I need daggers?

Hmmm