archer DPS

sin spike

/ thread

nope not rly. nice try tho
  • FadeDaggers - Lost City
    FadeDaggers - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers can kill their target before it lands a hit on them: Same with Assassins(yes we can use bows too).

Assassins take hits: LOL pretty sure every class can take hits

Archers have longer range: Again, assassins can use bows.

archers can indeed kill a mob of their own lvl before they reach them if they are 4x and have a decent weapon but most people dont at 4x and if the archer gets hit it seems to do greater damage on my 35 archer then on my 34 sin

assassin indeed takes 2 hits each monster if u know what ur doing maybe 1
    wich is on higher lvls more than the archer will

yes the archers indeed have longer range because of their skill that gives u 1m extra range each lvl u upgrade it

so archers wont be replaced but there is a new class that is pretty damn good in PvP and even PvE
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I find it funny how archers actually are flocking to this thread. Just to retort back that their big and tough. But actually need to type it out cause they worry about their rep. (seriously a non worthwhile thread they dont even look at) And yeah i post here cause i have a mid lvl sin, not to beat down and troll other class forums.

Its a sin forum, of course theres gonna be talk like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    blah blah blah stop b!tchin at me sayin i killed orical noobs. so what if u orical just faster way to lvl. doesnt mean they r ******* and dnt know how play the character. just find me ingame with ur sin see if u can kill a archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    blah blah blah stop b!tchin at me sayin i killed orical noobs. so what if u orical just faster way to lvl. doesnt mean they r ******* and dnt know how play the character. just find me ingame with ur sin see if u can kill a archer

i killed 10 archers already... 3 of which were 10 lvls higher then me tyvmb:victory just because u killed one oraclaler doesnt mean jack **** for the entire assassin population.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i killed 10 archers already... 3 of which were 10 lvls higher then me tyvmb:victory just because u killed one oraclaler doesnt mean jack **** for the entire assassin population.
    watcha expect from a noob lol
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    One thing nobody can argue is that all the older classes have a heckuva lot more experience and knowledge base backing them vs the two new classes...Regardless of how well anyone thinks they know their Assassin/Psychic...They've only been out a week compared to the years the other classes have been out...Let's give the new classes players a bit of time to catch up and we'll see their true potential.

THEN...We can remake this kind of thread XD Right now it isn't a fair fight.
  • Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Every class can equip a bow.

Thread fails.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Every class can equip a bow.
    Only by using some crazy variant build. Assassins can equip a bow without restatting or following a nonstandard build.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Only by using some crazy variant build. Assassins can equip a bow without restatting or following a nonstandard build.

He didn't say a bow your level. Just a bow. Which is true. Either way, I don't know about you, but I don't think Archers are going to be replaced. One reason. Aggro vs location. An archer screws up and gets aggro, the mob has to move to him to melee, or cast instead, giving time to fix the problem. An assassin gets aggro, the mob simply swats him down. Period. You guys both have about the same survivability, so you might take one hit, but where as the Archer has a few seconds between hits, the Assassin can get WTFPWNed before the cleric can even react. Now, together, on the other hand, they might become a beautiful combo. But, of course... Nobody wants to think about that route. :P
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers are always going to keep their place in zhen and RB ect. Archers still get barrage. Assasins have only one aoe and from the description, it dosen't last forever until our mana runs out.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He didn't say a bow your level. Just a bow. Which is true. Either way, I don't know about you, but I don't think Archers are going to be replaced. One reason. Aggro vs location. An archer screws up and gets aggro, the mob has to move to him to melee, or cast instead, giving time to fix the problem. An assassin gets aggro, the mob simply swats him down. Period. You guys both have about the same survivability, so you might take one hit, but where as the Archer has a few seconds between hits, the Assassin can get WTFPWNed before the cleric can even react. Now, together, on the other hand, they might become a beautiful combo. But, of course... Nobody wants to think about that route. :P
    Here is the experience from a cleric. Archers, not assassins will tend to get WTFPWned instead. Why? Because it is easier to heal stagnant close melee as opposed to ranged. 9 out of 10 times when I see archers they put in the max distance between them and the mob/boss, at this point ironheart does not even reach. When they get aggro guess what they do? They run even further…. GL with them getting any heals. A cleric should know who will get POSSIBLE aggro and it is always possible to rotate heals between 1-3pple easily. IF they are in range.
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    To op, if you can find another class that can reduce a boss's hp by 20% in 30 seconds, then maybe archers have been replaced. im yet to see that though...
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Veno's.b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    To op, if you can find another class that can reduce a boss's hp by 20% in 30 seconds, then maybe archers have been replaced. im yet to see that though...
    they do have a skill that can probably make up for that dmg wise. its a dmg increaser stacks with the BMs orange worm aoe skill(rofl) :D
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    By no means do I think Archers can be replaced by assassins. Being able to knock off 10-15% (more for Sage/Demon) right off the bat, followed by being one of if not the highest-damage dealing classes, means they account for a very large fraction of a boss's HP. And the Assassin damage increase skill does NOT stack with Extreme Poison, which can be used more often and by any class.

As for archers getting WTFPwned, that's a rather bad archer. Or possibly a bad cleric. Generally, the archer is going to be standing near the cleric, unless for some silly reason the cleric is standing next to the tank.

Also, an archer's best hope of survival if they pull aggro isn't heals or running, most of the time. Heals don't matter when we die in 2-3 hits at most anyway, and it's very tough to get outside of spell range in 1 second. It's in popping Wings of Grace (resist 1, maybe 2 hits, and reduce damage of next few), Winged Shell (reduce another hit, maybe 2, to 20% damage), Single Sparking (resist 1 hit, if timed right), and hoping to god that the tank has managed to regain aggro.

On the other hand, an Assassin can survive the killing blow with that skill of theirs and force stealth to get away and heal. Basically both classes have skills that if used right, can help survive an aggro steal.

And finally, most ranged bosses' attacks are both slower and weaker than their melee attack. The only exceptions are the physical ranged bosses like Fushma, Luminoc Architect, Rattus, and Stygean. Thus, an archer will take less damage in an equal amount of time.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    By no means do I think Archers can be replaced by assassins. Being able to knock off 10-15% (more for Sage/Demon) right off the bat, followed by being one of if not the highest-damage dealing classes, means they account for a very large fraction of a boss's HP. And the Assassin damage increase skill does NOT stack with Extreme Poison, which can be used more often and by any class.
    i dont know if its just amazing or utterly ignorant to put that on as a reason when only like ..what less than 50 cross server? have gotten sin to past lv80 on average. Without Any 3 or so TT80+ weapon i might add, much less a LG weapon to choose from. All they get is a mold dagger IF they are lucky and more than half will not have it.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont know if its just amazing or utterly ignorant to put that on as a reason when only like ..what less than 50 cross server? have gotten sin to past lv80 on average. Without Any 3 or so TT80+ weapon i might add, much less a LG weapon to choose from. All they get is a mold dagger IF they are lucky and more than half will not have it.

Hence the words "one of" and "if". It might be that a high level assassin can vastly outdamage an archer of the same level. In fact, with interval stacking it actually seems rather likely.

However, can they actually take full advantage of that damage? Archers already have trouble avoiding aggro when they go all-out. If an Assassin does more damage, then they'll also take aggro, and probably get themselves killed. Archers at least have the advantage of having an extra second or so to react since they're not right next to the boss. Not to mention Sharpened Tooth Arrow, which is aggro-free damage.

Thus, while an assassin may be capable of doing more damage, actually doing so is rather impractical.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    o.o wow forums messed up bad on me for some reason
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    :O quoting phails
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited December 2009
    Options

also a point that is not valid at all because ppl do not know how sins work. if they catch aggro from another mob they can simply sleep/immobolize/stun it and then go into stealth mode. then the aggroed mob will loose its aggro and go away.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here is the experience from a cleric. Archers, not assassins will tend to get WTFPWned instead. Why? Because it is easier to heal stagnant close melee as opposed to ranged. 9 out of 10 times when I see archers they put in the max distance between them and the mob/boss, at this point ironheart does not even reach. When they get aggro guess what they do? They run even further…. GL with them getting any heals. A cleric should know who will get POSSIBLE aggro and it is always possible to rotate heals between 1-3pple easily. IF they are in range.

*grabs Deceptipoo* stand closer to Qui! forget the tank b:chuckleb:cute

besides, your range with ironheart is 27m while archer's attack range is 30-34m. you can reach the tank and the archer at the same time no problem. if an archer bolts upon getting aggro that's just funny
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *grabs Deceptipoo* stand closer to Qui! forget the tank b:chuckleb:cute

besides, your range with ironheart is 27m while archer's attack range is 30m. you can reach the tank and the archer at the same time no problem. if an archer bolts upon getting aggro that's just funny
    seat of torment last bosses >>
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    also a point that is not valid at all because ppl do not know how sins work. if they catch aggro from another mob they can simply sleep/immobolize/stun it and then go into stealth mode. then the aggroed mob will loose its aggro and go away.
    Bosses generally can't be slept, immobilized, or stunned. I'll give you the force stealth though. In fact, between that and the avoiding-death skill, Assassins ought to be able to survive stealing aggro on a boss just fine if they're paying attention. As I said earlier, both classes have excellent ways to avoid death, though the Assassin's is better.

Admittedly, my experience only goes as far as FB79 and part of FC. Still, I'm having trouble seeing a situation where the archer would want to be so far away. The way I see it, either the cleric is Ironheart spamming, in which case the archer should be fairly close to them, or the cleric is BBing, in which case... the archer should REALLY be close to them.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hence the words "one of" and "if". It might be that a high level assassin can vastly outdamage an archer of the same level. In fact, with interval stacking it actually seems rather likely.

However, can they actually take full advantage of that damage? Archers already have trouble avoiding aggro when they go all-out. If an Assassin does more damage, then they'll also take aggro, and probably get themselves killed. Archers at least have the advantage of having an extra second or so to react since they're not right next to the boss. Not to mention Sharpened Tooth Arrow, which is aggro-free damage.

Thus, while an assassin may be capable of doing more damage, actually doing so is rather impractical.
    nothing in your quote said survivability regarding dmg. aggro yes. :P
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    seat of torment last bosses >>

D: that was cuz Maj couldn't keep aggro with Ast and i wielding fist/claw weapon! we were right up to the boss the second round of deaths b:surprised
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bosses generally can't be slept, immobilized, or stunned. I'll give you the force stealth though. In fact, between that and the avoiding-death skill, Assassins ought to be able to survive stealing aggro on a boss just fine if they're paying attention. As I said earlier, both classes have excellent ways to avoid death, though the Assassin's is better.

Admittedly, my experience only goes as far as FB79 and part of FC. Still, I'm having trouble seeing a situation where the archer would want to be so far away. The way I see it, either the cleric is Ironheart spamming, in which case the archer should be fairly close to them, or the cleric is BBing, in which case... the archer should REALLY be close to them.

my bad at first i thought u ment aggro from reg mobs not bosses for some reason lol. but ya just force stealth and stuff.
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dnt get y the low lvls keep calling the high lvl noobs? some1 explain that 2 me pls o.O archers wont be replaced lol all classes r good. all have weaknesses. except pie can never go wrong wit it. PIE HAS NO WEAKNESS mwhaha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dnt get y the low lvls keep calling the high lvl noobs? some1 explain that 2 me pls o.O archers wont be replaced lol all classes r good. all have weaknesses. except pie can never go wrong wit it. PIE HAS NO WEAKNESS mwhaha.

maybe because some high lvls are just idiots? being a high lvl does not make a retardd less ****. idiots will be idiots no matter what lvl they are. the only thing being a high lvl does for u is give more ego to that idiot.
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    true lol. but every time a low lvl gets pked there respons is what a noob instantly o.O just makes them self look stupid if all they can do is say noob. most of them say stay here ill get my 90+ char.. i mean come on dnt get me excited like that if ur gonna bs just no funb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]