Archer replaced by Assassin?

Options
Chronos - Raging Tide
Chronos - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Assassin
I think assassins definitely replace archers because they use the same build (mostly dex) and assassins have daggers, making them much better! I use a bow until the mob gets close to me (usually I get about 3 hits in) then I switch to daggers to finish it off. Archer does the same thing, except without switching to daggers. So Archer=Assassin-Daggers, meaning assassins are much better.
Post edited by Chronos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mobs don't get close to archers, usually
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    -sigh- you fail.... archers have their place... they can do things you can't....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Chronos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    -sigh- you fail.... archers have their place... they can do things you can't....

Like what?
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Like what?

Archers can kite, and has lot of effective skils to be used solo and in squads, same goes to Assassin. They have there solo skills and others than can help in groups soo.

Thread Failed.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A pure archer vs a pure sin

Archers can kill their target before it lands a hit on them
    Assassins take hits
    Archers have longer range

If a assassin and archer have equal stats and gears and they both take a diffrent target at max distance an archer will kill its target faster than the assassin with a bow and the mob maybe wont even hit the archer while it will hit the assassin.

Watch what you say about archers or you'll get pwned by them! b:angry
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers have Sharptooth Arrow. Assassin's do not. Therefore, Archers will not get replaced.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well...there is something nice about being able to kill someone then switch targets quickly from range. it makes killing people in TWs rather efficient. you have a long range blink, but it has a cooldown. unless people clutter together like they're stupid or something, i'm willing to bet that archers will take out targets more often if not faster
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just because you can use a bow doesn't make you as efficient as the class who has skills to enhance their bow usage. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Chronos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A pure archer vs a pure sin

Archers can kill their target before it lands a hit on them
    Assassins take hits
    Archers have longer range

If a assassin and archer have equal stats and gears and they both take a diffrent target at max distance an archer will kill its target faster than the assassin with a bow and the mob maybe wont even hit the archer while it will hit the assassin.

Watch what you say about archers or you'll get pwned by them! b:angry

Archers can kill their target before it lands a hit on them: Same with Assassins(yes we can use bows too).

Assassins take hits: LOL pretty sure every class can take hits

Archers have longer range: Again, assassins can use bows.
  • Chronos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just because you can use a bow doesn't make you as efficient as the class who has skills to enhance their bow usage. b:bye

Completely true, however I can use a bow AND I can also use a melee weapon that I can enhance greatly.
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers can kill their target before it lands a hit on them: Same with Assassins(yes we can use bows too).

Are you so stupid or what?Show me an assassin that can kill a same lvl mob as the assassin with a Bow WITHOUT GETTING HIT!

You basicly take parts of what i said and put them together to make your pathetic excuse

I wasn't saying that archers doesn't take a hit I said if they were on equal postions-both with same bows,same stats,same arrows THEN a pure archer can kill without getting hit,now id like to see a assassin kill a monster with all that gear before the monster lands a hit on him.

P.S

WE DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE YOUR ASSASSIN HES [NOT] BETTER THAN AN ARCHER!
  • Astoru - Raging Tide
    Astoru - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Completely true, however I can use a bow AND I can also use a melee weapon that I can enhance greatly.
    Archer has masteries that raises the damage that they do with bows. Assassins do not.

You're acting as if an EA is actually going to run up on you or something. The only real advantage that an assassin has over an EA is that it can stunlock similarly to a BM.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

But archers don't need the melee weapon because, unlike assassins, they have the ability to use skills from afar, and their skills DEPEND on the bow.

You can use a bow, but not the same way that archers can use a bow. Even their normal attacks are stronger with bow mastery. You cannot be as effective with a bow or at range, even if you equip the exact same bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Chronos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archer has masteries that raises the damage that they do with bows. Assassins do not.

You're acting as if an EA is actually going to run up on you or something. The only real advantage that an assassin has over an EA is that it can stunlock similarly to a BM.
    Astoru and Aadi, you both said similar things.

Yes, archers have masteries that raise damage that they do with bows and assassins dont, very true.

Archers=Use bow which they can upgrade with masteries and they have skills that they can use to make it even more effective.

Assassins=Use bow which they CANNOT upgrade with masteries ect. They also use daggers which they CAN upgrade with masteries ect.

So, Archers and Assassins both have something that they can upgrade with masteries and use skills with, however Assassins CAN ALSO USE BOWS. While they cannot upgrade bows with masteries and use skills with bows, they already have a weapon that they CAN upgrade with masteries and use skills with.

See what I'm saying?
  • Chronos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Are you so stupid or what?Show me an assassin that can kill a same lvl mob as the assassin with a Bow WITHOUT GETTING HIT!

You basicly take parts of what i said and put them together to make your pathetic excuse

I wasn't saying that archers doesn't take a hit I said if they were on equal postions-both with same bows,same stats,same arrows THEN a pure archer can kill without getting hit,now id like to see a assassin kill a monster with all that gear before the monster lands a hit on him.

P.S

WE DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE YOUR ASSASSIN HES [NOT] BETTER THAN AN ARCHER!

I'm not saying that Assassins are better at using bows than archers are, I'm saying that Assassins are better overall because they can use bows (not as well as archer) and they can use daggers (archer's cant use daggers). Assassins can upgrade daggers and use skills with them and use a bow.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Astoru and Aadi, you both said similar things.

Yes, archers have masteries that raise damage that they do with bows and assassins dont, very true.

Archers=Use bow which they can upgrade with masteries and they have skills that they can use to make it even more effective.

Assassins=Use bow which they CANNOT upgrade with masteries ect. They also use daggers which they CAN upgrade with masteries ect.

So, Archers and Assassins both have something that they can upgrade with masteries and use skills with, however Assassins CAN ALSO USE BOWS. While they cannot upgrade bows with masteries and use skills with bows, they already have a weapon that they CAN upgrade with masteries and use skills with.

See what I'm saying?

That happened because we were replying at the same time. Look at our reply times b:chuckle

The difference is that while, even using the bow, you still have to run close and endure hits to actually kill the mob, an archer can still kill it from a range.

If I had a choice between an assassin and an archer for my BH, I would pick an archer any day, just because of the range. I can squad heal an archer, where I can't on melees. So they can't be obsolete yet. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    don't forget about AOE hp debuff in TWs and bossfights...that's kind of nice too...
  • Sithlus - Harshlands
    Sithlus - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Still, Archers have longer range.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    this discussion is pointless. clearly OP's pwi experience is limited to mob fights and only mob fights. oh yeah, go ahead and use your bow when mobs start using magic attacks...lets see what you can do with 20m range and no ranged abilities to speak of
  • Arkya - Lost City
    Arkya - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    One you are wrong about the assassin. An assassin can NOT replace Archers! No no.
    Assassin have some kick **** skills and do big dmg and kill fast but then the other thing is so CAN'T ALL MOST ALL CLASSIS. No Assassins can not replace Ranger sorry. AND why are you useing a bow if your an ASSASSIN you shode just stick with your dagger and fight grr.
    Range=Bow and sling shot.
    Assassin= Daggers
    Would you like me to tell you what all the class use?

Arkya~LvL20 assassin! Lost City
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    EHi, Just Calm Down Everybody!!!!!!

What Chronos is saying is that assassins are more flexible than archers just because, while they are both based on dex build, assassins can use EVENTUALLY a bow to begin damaging mobs from distance (of course damage will be moderate and not so good as an archer's one), then killing them with daggers when mobs gets too near (and of course here damage is overpowered). Archers, on the other hand, can only use bows and can only do extreme damage with that weapon, having troubles if mobs come close to them (unless they use magical skills of course).

BUT, if it's true that assassins can cover their weakspot of less hps and physical dex damage dealers using bows and then daggers, it's also true that archers, being specialized in bows, can kill fastly mobs because THEY HAVE ACCORDINGLY SKILLS TO DO THAT!!!!!! (and in this archers and assassins are pretty the same because they both can't get too much damage). While one is more offensive and inflict every kind of status on the opponent, the second one is more prudent and attacks keeping the distance.

So If assassins have on their own side skills that are made to inflict damage and status, archers have skills that are made to inflict damage and magic damage.

I don't think that one is better than the other. I just think that both are complementary. And the old skills of one can be very helpful for the other, while entertaining the opponent with the assassins, archers can focuse on their bow damage. What is the difference between this strategy and the other ones with other classes? Cause assassin is a damage dealer too, BORN TO KILL!!!! 2x Damage dealers, kills fast as light and deathful as death itself!!! No escapes!!!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    EHi, Just Calm Down Everybody!!!!!!

What Chronos is saying is that assassins are more flexible than archers just because, while they are both based on dex build, assassins can use EVENTUALLY a bow to begin damaging mobs from distance (of course damage will be moderate and not so good as an archer's one), then killing them with daggers when mobs gets too near (and of course here damage is overpowered). Archers, on the other hand, can only use bows and can only do extreme damage with that weapon, having troubles if mobs come close to them (unless they use magical skills of course).

BUT, if it's true that assassins can cover their weakspot of less hps and physical dex damage dealers using bows and then daggers, it's also true that archers, being specialized in bows, can kill fastly mobs because THEY HAVE ACCORDINGLY SKILLS TO DO THAT!!!!!! (and in this archers and assassins are pretty the same because they both can't get too much damage). While one is more offensive and inflict every kind of status on the opponent, the second one is more prudent and attacks keeping the distance.

So If assassins have on their own side skills that are made to inflict damage and status, archers have skills that are made to inflict damage and magic damage.

I don't think that one is better than the other. I just think that both are complementary. And the old skills of one can be very helpful for the other, while entertaining the opponent with the assassins, archers can focuse on their bow damage. What is the difference between this strategy and the other ones with other classes? Cause assassin is a damage dealer too, BORN TO KILL!!!! 2x Damage dealers, kills fast as light and deathful as death itself!!! No escapes!!!

No, that's what YOU'RE saying. What he's saying is that assassins are better than archers in every way possible and that archers don't have any use anymore because assassins will replace them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, I misunderstood Chronos, i admit it.
    But what i said is the true.
    The original creation of this class was to create something that didn't existed before. We'll see how people will let the two classes cooperate or not.
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

sins SUCK with their dmg on bows its just to add a little dmg before it gets to you. and archers have longer range cuz of skills and their damage is increased because of skills WITH bows. not just normal attack.There are other things dumbass. learn your facts idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, I misunderstood Chronos, i admit it.
    But what i said is the true.
    The original creation of this class was to create something that didn't existed before. We'll see how people will let the two classes cooperate or not.

Yeah, I agree that neither one is obsolete, just different. One is not worse than the other overall, they just excel in different areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wonder how it would've been if sins came before archers.

omg archers like ranged sins they replaced now??/
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wow, OP is not very smart. a sin cant replace a archer just like a archer cant replace a sin. they both have there own roles and strategies. also, i am HIGHLY against a sin using a bow for ANY reason. they just plain suck with it. u have daggers so use them -_-. ull never learn how to play a sin the correct way if u pretend to be a damn archer ur whole assassin career.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers have Blazing Arrow (+40% weapon damage) and Bow Mastery (+60% range weapon damage) to boost bow damage, and Winged Blessing (+10m range). Assassins have neither. I can see one and only one situation where an assassin would want to use a bow: Against an AoEing boss so that the cleric can heal them without going into the AoE themselves.

Now then, as for Assassins killing things without taking a hit... yes... up until level 15 or so. My assassin is at level 24, pure dex built for maximum damage, and the only times I can kill without being hit are when the target is Weak or Sac Assault, and I crit. Try playing one past level 12 before making sweeping declarations about a class.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    On a side note, an assassin will have so much trouble tanking what archers can tank. Why?

Bosses usually have higher patk than matk. Archers tank at range, which makes the bosses more inclined to use ranged attacks (usually matk) if available to them. This means an archer can tank quite a few WBs, TT bosses etc. This cannot be replicated with a melee user wielding the same type of armor. In these types of scenarios, something an archer can tank with decent hp (even using dex builds like me) an assassin cannot simply because you'll get 1 hit at melee by said boss. Oh wait, make that two if you use the anti-death skill.

Yes, an assassin can use a bow and use their daggers. This only means they are more flexible. Flexbility does not equate to supremacy nor does it phase out the usefulness of archers. If anything I would tell you to enjoy being LA and getting your character up in levels. I know as a veteran archer that LA sucked, and still sucks. Enjoying being hit, because well you know, pure dex archer is pretty much the same as pure dex assassins in respect to hp and resistances.
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    LOL id love to see a sin kill me. hell ill die laughing. so what if sin same build as arcer o.O doesnt mean there the same. its like saying a heavy veno is better tank then barb. or wizard better healer then a cleric. arcane peeps have same build but they do different things. same with LA peeps and HA peeps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]