Archer replaced by Assassin?

Options

Comments

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lusca and Vincent are both fools for trying to convince one another.

Go back to playing your fail classes, and let the pro Wizards show you how it's done.

**** U NOOB!!1 U **** R PWN JOO WIZ!!!11!!!! b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

lmfao i have to do something while i fly xD and arguing can be informative =P

but wiz vs sin is gonna be fine, like normally wiz kill squishies by one hitting them with BT but that won't work on a sin

and while a sutra combo will prob kill the sin, the sin does have stealth and teleports and 2 interrupt skills
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    good for them, there metal skills aren't that great and most archers will tell you they struggle to kill barbs even with there metal skills

I never said they would kill BMs or Barbs. However, they make it alot easier compared to an assassin when needed to do so.

so therefore you saying sins won't get into rb is just stupid aye?

I'm not saying they won't get into an RB, just saying they don't have as high as a chance compared to Archers currently.

oh no BM aoe damage what ever will i do lol
    and what has a new server got to do with stealth? once a sin is lvl 85 and maxes cat like trend only other sins will see them

New server means that mostly everyone is at the same level, meaning that Assassins can't really be seen except for by other assassins.

yes BM are well known for there damage . . .

archers hunt squishies,but not like they kill every single squishy in the time it takes to tele to one lol
    It's really easier to escape from an Assassin than an Archer since Assassins are melee while Archers are ranged. Clerics can easily sleep an inexperienced Assassin and Wizards can well... I wouldn't know.

Point is, Assassins won't replace Archers.
    Lusca and Vincent are both fools for trying to convince one another.

Go back to playing your fail classes, and let the pro Wizards show you how it's done.

I wish I was a wizard now at my level QQ.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    **** U NOOB!!1 U **** R PWN JOO WIZ!!!11!!!! b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

lmfao i have to do something while i fly xD and arguing can be informative =P

but wiz vs sin is gonna be fine, like normally wiz kill squishies by one hitting them with BT but that won't work on a sin

and while a sutra combo will prob kill the sin, the sin does have stealth and teleports and 2 interrupt skills

Honestly, I don't think anyone will replace anyone. Just like Wizards and Archers have been switchable DD's in instance runs...the Psychics are now added to that list, and the Assassin's I believe would be swappable (not REPLACING) with a BM. As long as the class knows what their main role is and how to play their class, there should never be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Onnorasid - Lost City
    Onnorasid - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have a sin, this is my 2 cents: bow would be pretty useless in PvP, but in PvE (HH bosses, World bosses etc.) they could do steady dmg with the bow an stay back awayfrom the boss, like ive seen lazy Bms do sometimes. As for PvP, i think it will differ from other classes, going into battle in front of the barbs and taking out archers and clerics quickly while the rest of the allies catch up. Obviously they are not going to survive long once they are located, but have the potential to take out a few important targets before they get killed. They aren't really made for long survivabilty, more like a high kill to death ratio. IMO, IJS, TBH, but definitely wont replace the archer, though i do see a class rivalry there
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can use bow...can i replace archers?! b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think anyone will replace anyone. Just like Wizards and Archers have been switchable DD's in instance runs...the Psychics are now added to that list, and the Assassin's I believe would be swappable (not REPLACING) with a BM. As long as the class knows what their main role is and how to play their class, there should never be a problem.

agree with you 100% i never said sins will replace archers, i just said vincents argument isn't very good lol
    I never said they would kill BMs or Barbs. However, they make it alot easier compared to an assassin when needed to do so.

and assassins have an amp skill and can get thunder storm if they need to fight a bm or barb lol or sins have a 9 second freeze skill when it's maxed and it doesn't use chi they can just use this and fly off if they meet a bm or barb 1-1, or they can stealth then fly off

I'm not saying they won't get into an RB, just saying they don't have as high as a chance compared to Archers currently.

you just said in your first place that archers have barrage and sins don't so they won't get into rb

New server means that mostly everyone is at the same level, meaning that Assassins can't really be seen except for by other assassins.

lvl 85 assassins with max cat like trend can only be seen by lvl 105 people or lvl 85+ sins

It's really easier to escape from an Assassin than an Archer since Assassins are melee while Archers are ranged. Clerics can easily sleep an inexperienced Assassin and Wizards can well... I wouldn't know.

and wow assassins have a 9 second freeze skill with a 15 second cool down and it doesn't use chi o= and they have 2 teleports and on the ground they have 2 increase movement speed skills

yes getting away from a sin is real easy lol

• Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can use bow...can i replace archers?! b:chuckle

LOL at that... hell yeah! Im going to start carrying a kickass bow with BM... fear me 9x archers...
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers are tuned to kill from a range using "physical attacks". No class going to beat them at this. (Note: Wizards dont use ranged physical atks)

Assassins are close range fast DDs and pretty sure nobody is gonna beat them at this.

All classes irreplaceable. b:bye
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers are tuned to kill from a range using "physical attacks". No class going to beat them at this. (Note: Wizards dont use ranged physical atks)

Assassins are close range fast DDs and pretty sure nobody is gonna beat them at this.

All classes irreplaceable. b:bye

Fist BMs beat them at DPS all the way... Assassins are not a pure DPS related class. If u play it like that u are dead, and should reroll BM.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Fist BMs beat them at DPS all the way... Assassins are not a pure DPS related class. If u play it like that u are dead, and should reroll BM.

fists need str for damage but have a high dex req

daggers need dex for damage and have a low str req

they have the same attack speed of 1.25

so please how does a fist bm out dps a sin?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    fists need str for damage but have a high dex req

daggers need dex for damage and have a low str req

they have the same attack speed of 1.25

so please how does a fist bm out dps a sin?

lol, fists attack @ 1.25 where have you been playing.

Fists attack rate is 1.43
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Did u ever played fist BM? did you know they have skills to increase their attack ratio? Do u know that triple sparked they can reach to 3.3atk/sec?

Str or dex.. that is build/weap relevant. Doesnt really care to out DPS. Only on terms of crit, but then again archers have more and they have a REALLY hard time out DPSing a demon fist BM.

And i think i said it but im going to repeat it just in case... Sins cant be played as aa DPS close combat class... that means taking hits with LA = dead.

So yeah, DPS wise, fist BMs eat sins. That is DPS wise again.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol, fists attack @ 1.25 where have you been playing.

Fists attack rate is 1.43

meh there damage is still based of str so even with a 0.18 increase in attack speed, i don't see them out damaging sins
    edited December 2009
    Options
    meh there damage is still based of str so even with a 0.18 increase in attack speed, i don't see them out damaging sins

So because their damage is based of str is your argument?? Then I say I don't see how sins can out damage fist bm cause there damage is based of dex.... b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Maybe he thinks fists gain damage from dex... which is like... not true? So its basically the same but without being able to take hits and actually DPSing ****... so nope, not better nope.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Did u ever played fist BM? did you know they have skills to increase their attack ratio? Do u know that triple sparked they can reach to 3.3atk/sec?

Str or dex.. that is build/weap relevant. Doesnt really care to out DPS. Only on terms of crit, but then again archers have more and they have a REALLY hard time out DPSing a demon fist BM.

And i think i said it but im going to repeat it just in case... Sins cant be played as aa DPS close combat class... that means taking hits with LA = dead.

So yeah, DPS wise, fist BMs eat sins. That is DPS wise again.

yes because sins can't get demon spark or - interval gear or genie skills . . .

and how does an archer have more crit than a sin when they use the same build? only time they will have more is if there bow has crit when the sins dagger doesn't
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And u still cant out DPS because u are using LA and cant take hits... so go and tank and DPS as a BM does. And good luck with it, you are going to need it to successfully DPS something.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So because their damage is based of str is your argument?? Then I say I don't see how sins can out damage fist bm cause there damage is based of dex.... b:chuckle

because a fist build is what min dex to use daggers and then rest str

and a sin is 1 str 4 dex

so they have more dex than fist bms have str and they have a higher crit rate
  • SeimeiKaika - Sanctuary
    SeimeiKaika - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    PvE wise, i think i would rather prefer an archer cause
    -if your fighting a mob, its range, they dont hit u as often
    -if fighting boss, less chance of aoe even if its just a 1% chance.

My other character is a cleric, and as a cleric, i can say i would probably choose archer to take along in instances. Why? The archers distance from the mob when he takes aggro gives us a precious second to switch heals. Sins will be like BMs, close to mob and fast to get hit also. (imagine an LA BM with fist weapon....) Any sort of aoe archers are usually out of range, one less member to fret over dying on you.

Pvp atm we cant really tell. All we hear atm is basically noob lvl classes squabbling over each other and mid lvl other classes disagreeing. (really, no one would take it serious if a lv4x started preaching you how good a class was, thats just flame city)
    Altho for assassins pvp range is close to no effect as long as we can target the opponent, (targeting, which is possibly the hard part in TW) Since the teleport skill increases in range as you get higher and the cool down is surprisingly very fast.

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And u still cant out DPS because u are using LA and cant take hits... so go and tank and DPS as a BM does. And good luck with it, you are going to need it to successfully DPS something.

wtf does your armor have to do with dpsing? la can tank mobs just fine
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, after that post i have nothing more to say...

Leaving thread (too stupid) b:bye
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, after that post i have nothing more to say...

Leaving thread (too stupid) b:bye

oh wait i forgot you think pots are expensive so of course you never gonna have a charm b:shocked

there is a huge difference between tanking mobs you level off and trying to tank a boss lol
  • Kirigakure - Raging Tide
    Kirigakure - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Actually with Demon Spark Fist BM's can get 5.0 attacks/second...so..yeah o.o....

<- Plays both Fist BM and Sin and I love them both =3
    I once asked God for a bike. Then I realized God didn't work that way. So I stole a bike, and asked for God's forgiveness.
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oh wait i forgot you think pots are expensive so of course you never gonna have a charm b:shocked

Yeah, i go to TW uncharmed, im that hardcore... next weekend im going to tank with LA there too. Too prove my awesomeness. You really opened my eyes. Tyvm.

****!! i posted again!! b:cry
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah, i go to TW uncharmed, im that hardcore... next weekend im going to tank with LA there too. Too prove my awesomeness. You really opened my eyes. Tyvm.

XD
    yay me go into TW uncharmed....me am that...poor.
    b:chuckle
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options

tanking in tw =/= tanking mobs you level on

is reading that hard x.x?
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Someone doesnt get sarcasm at all... i read perfectly fine, ty for your concern. I dont need any extra classes for it. If anytime i do need them don't worry, be sure you are going to be the first to know... u can give me some tips and such u know? As u did with your awesome DPS theory. Ty again really.

Promise, this is the last post... b:surrender
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol you still said sins can't be good dps cause they use la
    just cause i'm la doesn't mean i can't kill mobs before they kill me now does it
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol you still said sins can't be good dps cause they use la
    just cause i'm la doesn't mean i can't kill mobs before they kill me now does it

Sin's can't be good DPS because they use LA...?

Funny, because I thought Archers were amazing DD's...I guess I was wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited December 2009
    Options
    because a fist build is what min dex to use daggers and then rest str

and a sin is 1 str 4 dex

so they have more dex than fist bms have str and they have a higher crit rate

By this logic I shouldn't be able to hold aggro away from archers. But I tank and do. How do i do this if they have so much more dex per my str and crit than I do. Please explain and help me understand.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]