Archer replaced by Assassin?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 316 mod
    edited December 2009
    Wow, just no. Assassins can't replace archers at all.
  • Mike_Hawke - Lost City
    Mike_Hawke - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think you're stupid! b:bye
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOL id love to see a sin kill me. hell ill die laughing. so what if sin same build as arcer o.O doesnt mean there the same. its like saying a heavy veno is better tank then barb. or wizard better healer then a cleric. arcane peeps have same build but they do different things. same with LA peeps and HA peeps.

and how exactly will a sin die laughing while fighting you?

we have 2 teleports and when on the ground we have 2 increase running skills and we have 2 stealth skills

and at max our immobilize is 9 seconds with a 15 second cool down and doesn't use chi
    yours uses a whole spark and your stun is only 3 seconds 15 second cool down

all our skills can be used close up but archers only have the 2 physical wing attacks and then 3 metal attacks, and if any archer wastes 2 sparks on that dot metal attack then yeah i probably would die laughing xD
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    and how exactly will a sin die laughing while fighting you?

we have 2 teleports and when on the ground we have 2 increase running skills and we have 2 stealth skills

and at max our immobilize is 9 seconds with a 15 second cool down and doesn't use chi
    yours uses a whole spark and your stun is only 3 seconds 15 second cool down

all our skills can be used close up but archers only have the 2 physical wing attacks and then 3 metal attacks, and if any archer wastes 2 sparks on that dot metal attack then yeah i probably would die laughing xD

You're LA (and so are we...well majority of them); you take massive damage both by lightning and the winged melee skills. Also, demon wingspan is probably not going to be very pleasant for you, nor will a QS proc.
  • BlindApathy - Lost City
    BlindApathy - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol fail argument >.< hey guess what Archers can use fists too
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    You're LA (and so are we...well majority of them); you take massive damage both by lightning and the winged melee skills. Also, demon wingspan is probably not going to be very pleasant for you, nor will a QS proc.

and like you said we are both la so you'll also being taking massive damage from our skills lol but we can use all our skills, you only have 5

and i not sure what you mean by QS but if it's quick shot then please explain how a faster attack speed will help if

a) the sin is right in front of you

and

b) your attack speed is slowed by 50%

and also sins don't have any sage demon skills yet, should be fun to see what they get =]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    and like you said we are both la so you'll also being taking massive damage from our skills lol but we can use all our skills, you only have 5

and i not sure what you mean by QS but if it's quick shot then please explain how a faster attack speed will help if

a) the sin is right in front of you

and

b) your attack speed is slowed by 50%

and also sins don't have any sage demon skills yet, should be fun to see what they get =]

I assume every sin will be in the archer's face right? Like 100% of the time we'll get jumped. Quite realistic I think! Let's just start every TW/1v1/wPvP with the archer standing there letting you bind/stun us and tele towards us. Cool.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Stupid Thread.
    Archers have Sharpened Tooth Arrow, therefore they should always be picked first for a squad.
    Wow, cool you can use bows. So can I. The thing is, Archers are more effective with them then both of us are.
    Archers can stay back away from Phys AoEs on bosses, unlike Sins.
    Archers have a buff, where it might not be as nice as some, its a buff wheres yours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I assume every sin will be in the archer's face right? Like 100% of the time we'll get jumped. Quite realistic I think! Let's just start every TW/1v1/wPvP with the archer standing there letting you bind/stun us and tele towards us. Cool.

you jump the sin he force stealth flys to you and tackling slashes you, and wow he is in your face

sin jumps you he has his normal stealth then tackling slash

you jump a sin with aim low, he force stealth waits for aim low to end

so please how will an archer attack a sin from afar in any 1-1? TW is diff cause of the number of people around, if your target stealths in TW you can't just fly away till he reappears but the sin will also have other targets to deal with

and yes i realize that the sin might not kill the archer in the 9 seconds of tackling slash but that's why you have 2 teleports for the 6 seconds that the archer isn't immobilized before you tackling slash them again

and while yes tackling slash can miss since both classes are high dex but the sin also has a sleep skill and a silence skill, and on the ground they have 2 running skills, and the 1 spark running skill makes them immune to stun and freeze
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    you jump the sin he force stealth flys to you and tackling slashes you, and wow he is in your face

sin jumps you he has his normal stealth then tackling slash

you jump a sin with aim low, he force stealth waits for aim low to end

so please how will an archer attack a sin from afar in any 1-1? TW is diff cause of the number of people around, if your target stealths in TW you can't just fly away till he reappears but the sin will also have other targets to deal with

and yes i realize that the sin might not kill the archer in the 9 seconds of tackling slash but that's why you have 2 teleports for the 6 seconds that the archer isn't immobilized before you tackling slash them again

and while yes tackling slash can miss since both classes are high dex but the sin also has a sleep skill and a silence skill, and on the ground they have 2 running skills, and the 1 spark running skill makes them immune to stun and freeze

I'll quote myself:
    Let's just start every TW/1v1/wPvP with the archer standing there letting you bind/stun us and tele towards us.

Like we'd just stand there while you force stealth. I don't know about you but any form of serious PvP ain't happening on the ground, what was this speed boost thing you're talking about?

The assassin class hasn't been developed enough to know how the future pans out for archer vs assassin (how does tele work in the air? genuine question), but having someone say it will a) replace archers is plain silly and b) that archers can't really do anything to assassins is also plain silly.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    a) i never said sins will replace archers

b) i never said archers CAN'T beat sins, i'm just saying the assassin is designed to kill classes that kite

bms and barbs will be a lot harder for assassins to fight

lol and what are you going to do while we force stealth?

tele works the same in the air as it does on the ground, you push the button your char moves towards the target till it's in range then teles you

you just can't tele in dungeons

and yes most pvp is in the air but not all of it, and the second speed skills description says it is like the bm one and makes you immune to stun and freeze, which make it useful even without the speed boast
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Based on what I've read the OP isn't very experienced. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly, /ignore thread.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Based on what I've read the OP isn't very experienced. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly, /ignore thread.

people realized that 4 and a half pages ago lol
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'll quote myself:

Like we'd just stand there while you force stealth. I don't know about you but any form of serious PvP ain't happening on the ground, what was this speed boost thing you're talking about?

The assassin class hasn't been developed enough to know how the future pans out for archer vs assassin (how does tele work in the air? genuine question), but having someone say it will a) replace archers is plain silly and b) that archers can't really do anything to assassins is also plain silly.

the basic rule of this game i beleive is any class can beat anyclass with good enought skill. assassin vs archer is no diffrent. whoever is the better man wins. but when it does come down to archer vs assassin assassin DOES have a bit of an advantage over archers. and its not just archers either. its wizards and venos and psys. basically any class that relies heavily on skills or kiting an assassin has an advantage over.

and u are talking about fights up in the air right? well while u are up in the air and a sin is on the ground u wont rly be able to target him for long because of the forced stelth ability. and im not 100% sure but i THINK the teleport skill should still work when ur on a flying mount. from the vids ive seen pre expansion release on assassin skills they were able to use stealh while in the air so im sure they can use there other skills including the tele one aswell.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    i just said the tele skill works in the air x.x
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    o ok then XD
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'll quote myself:

people realized that 4 and a half pages ago lol

They didn't get the ignore part, since the discussion has been going on b:surrender
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi.

Why on earth would the developers introduce a class which would replace a preexisting one? No class is better than another. It depends on the skill of the person behind the computer playing it. A lot of the time, it is relative to situations.
    For example, a BM is a valuable squad member in TW, but not so desirable in TT.

I figure its naive to talk about Assassin vs Archer, whereby you forget to talk about what an archer could do to you. Read up on your opponents and their skills please, before boasting about your abilities. I like to see facts before I believe anything b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Hi.

Why on earth would the developers introduce a class which would replace a preexisting one? No class is better than another. It depends on the skill of the person behind the computer playing it. A lot of the time, it is relative to situations.
    For example, a BM is a valuable squad member in TW, but not so desirable in TT.

I figure its naive to talk about Assassin vs Archer, whereby you forget to talk about what an archer could do to you. Read up on your opponents and their skills please, before boasting about your abilities. I like to see facts before I believe anything b:bye

you must be new to the whole free to play online game thing if you think the devs actually think about everything lol
    take a look at venos

but no sins won't replace archers

and lol i have an archer i know what an archer can do and i know they have 5 skills they can use when there opponent is in there face
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *Waves white flag* Sometimes my perfectionism blanks out certain aspects.

My comment was generally aimed at Chronos though. My bad for not quoting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your all noobs. Archer and Assassin are the same. Fast and agile, just different weapons.

If Archer hits the assassin first, archer is most likley to win. If Assassin hits archer first, then there most likley to win.

/thread.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I played an archer for a long time and got over lvl 100. play now assassin.
    Trust me the bow is sure a graet help sometimes but the only way to kill a same lvl mog with only the bow as an assassin before it hits u is to max ur weapon +12 and have some good stats....otherwise assassin fail
    so archer are better and won't be replaced no matter what....even if the assasin would be able to kill(and he sure has some suefull skills for that) an archer in a pvp match doesn't mean u will be able to kill calls or any fb bosses as fast as archers(used callas cause they sure pack a punch..) so stop the whole this clas will replace thing.....if taht were true everyone would play a tideborn and we wouldn't have any archers left....personally i think archer are better especially in pve...its jsut that i needed some chances...got tired...so well....
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    assasins won't replace archers but last i checked you don't take 1 dd for fbs lol

and while they won't replace bms in rebirths rb squads will soon have a choice between taking a bm or a sin
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Are you so stupid or what?Show me an assassin that can kill a same lvl mob as the assassin with a Bow WITHOUT GETTING HIT!

this is possible did it yesterday. just need a few crits. i used bow to kill mob down in hp before reach me to save some charm.. lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archer's aren't replaced because

A) Archers have metal spells
    B) Even though Assassins can use Bows, Archers have a long range from the skill.
    C) Archers do more damage with Bows due to mastery and it's their primary weapon.
    D) Archers can use [-Max HP skill] which helps alot in TT, maybe TW, and probably FBs.
    E) Archers have Barrage, Assasins probably cant get into RB Gamma soo yea.
    F)Archers have more of a chance killing any class due to their extended range.
    G) Archers don't usually get caught in AoEs from BMs.

*Note: I'm not saying that Assassins don't have their perks either. Perks such as not having to spend money on charms for skills like Barrage and having an extremely fast weapon (although slower than fists I think).
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Archer's aren't replaced because

A) Archers have metal spells
    B) Even though Assassins can use Bows, Archers have a long range from the skill.
    C) Archers do more damage with Bows due to mastery and it's their primary weapon.
    D) Archers can use [-Max HP skill] which helps alot in TT, maybe TW, and probably FBs.
    E) Archers have Barrage, Assasins probably cant get into RB Gamma soo yea.
    F)Archers have more of a chance killing any class due to their extended range.
    G) Archers don't usually get caught in AoEs from BMs.

*Note: I'm not saying that Assassins don't have their perks either. Perks such as not having to spend money on charms for skills like Barrage and having an extremely fast weapon (although slower than fists I think).

a) lol good for you, your point thou?

b) again, your point? assassins are meant to use daggers not bows

c) and yet again your point? assassins use daggers not bows

d) probably your only valid point lol

e) just cause an assassin isn't better for rb than an archer doesn't mean they can't get into rbs, there are 5 other spots, some squads might take a bm instead of a sin lol

f) and assassins have stealth, teles and on the ground 2 increase run skills

g) assassins have an immune to stun skill and there's another which is a chance to avoid negative effects they can use when getting too close to BMs, but from what i can tell assassins will not be bm killers, they will be there to hunt down squishes in TW

i'm not saying assassins will replace archers i'm just saying your argument needs some work
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just wanted to say this... the OP of this thread is a moron (and a noob). And the same goes for the ones that think alike.

Sins will never replace archers, BMs or whatever... Sins are sins. They will find their place on squads as a complementary DD. And that's all.

They are better because they can use bows and daggers... im still laughing at that... like sins could do **** with a bow except hitting a lousy 2 times with it. Ok, maybe 3... sorry. Still, leave that for archers plz. Like u can control range like them and use it as a defense *facepalm*

b:bye
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    a) lol good for you, your point thou? Archers can use metal spells to kill BMs + Barbs easier

b) again, your point? assassins are meant to use daggers not bows Others were arguing about how Assassins can use Bows too so that's where this came from.

c) and yet again your point? assassins use daggers not bows Same as above.

d) probably your only valid point lol Other reasons are valid for debates above.

e) just cause an assassin isn't better for rb than an archer doesn't mean they can't get into rbs, there are 5 other spots, some squads might take a bm instead of a sin lol We'll see about this when there are lvl 70+ Assassins that can play their class.

f) and assassins have stealth, teles and on the ground 2 increase run skills Archers stun assassins -> kill from there. Stealth shouldn't be much of a deal unless your on the new server. Plus, AoE hits them out of stealth. Only inexperienced squishies run off by themselves in TW.

g) assassins have an immune to stun skill and there's another which is a chance to avoid negative effects they can use when getting too close to BMs, but from what i can tell assassins will not be bm killers, they will be there to hunt down squishes in TW Stun isn't the only AoE, damage is not a negative effect, and Archers already hunt down squishies.

i'm not saying assassins will replace archers i'm just saying your argument needs some work

I referred to the bows because they were mentioned in the previous pages. Anyways, Assassins won't replace Archers though.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I referred to the bows because they were mentioned in the previous pages. Anyways, Assassins won't replace Archers though.

Archers can use metal spells to kill BMs + Barbs easier

good for them, there metal skills aren't that great and most archers will tell you they struggle to kill barbs even with there metal skills

Others were arguing about how Assassins can use Bows too so that's where this came from.

doesn't make archers better than sins cause some silly sins use bows

assassins use daggers not bows Same as above.

i still don't see a point here?

Other reasons are valid for debates above.

what debate? sins use daggers not bows

We'll see about this when there are lvl 70+ Assassins that can play their class.

so therefore you saying sins won't get into rb is just stupid aye?

Archers stun assassins -> kill from there. Stealth shouldn't be much of a deal unless your on the new server. Plus, AoE hits them out of stealth. Only inexperienced squishies run off by themselves in TW.

oh no BM aoe damage what ever will i do lol
    and what has a new server got to do with stealth? once a sin is lvl 85 and maxes cat like trend only other sins will see them

Stun isn't the only AoE, damage is not a negative effect, and Archers already hunt down squishies.

yes BM are well known for there damage . . .

archers hunt squishies,but not like they kill every single squishy in the time it takes to tele to one lol
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lusca and Vincent are both fools for trying to convince one another.

Go back to playing your fail classes, and let the pro Wizards show you how it's done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...