Corrupt the Wish

Options
Nehru - Heavens Tear
Nehru - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
This is an old and well traveled forum game, variations of which have appeared on numerous forums, including this one. The rules are very simple.

Let's say the current wish is
I wish for fish.
The next poster would Then make a post that rants the previously posted wish in such a way as to render it useless and posts a wish.
A water spout picks up a school of tuna before the storm drifts inland. as a result, your house and everyone in it are crushed by several tons of fresh seafood.

I wish for a pony.
The next poster would then attempt to corrupt the new wish before making a wish of his own.

If a post fails to corrupt or post a wish, then the post is invalid, and the next player after the invalid post uses the previously posted wish.

For simplicity's, let's just go with the wish from the example to begin with.

*rubs the lamp*
I wish for a pony.
"It is said that whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. In fact, whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first hand the equivilant of a stick with a fizzing fuse and ACME Dynamite Company written on the side. It's more interesting, and doesn't take so long."
- Terry Pratchett
Post edited by Nehru - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You receive the pony, but the costs of building a serviceable stable, food, waste disposal, medical bills, and an ever increasing amount of costs force bankruptcy upon you and you family, making you take out numerous loans, and making everyone in your household work twice as much. As the pony grows, the costs increase, and to avoid becoming homeless, you are forced to sell the animal to a dog food factory.

Let's see now.....I wish for the ability to fly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Your wish is granted.....

But oh-no!!! Lots of people started to report sightings of a strange flying human. At first you read about it in the National Inquirer and just chuckled to yourself. But as time passed, the reports become more and more legitimate and the next thing you knew you are being hunted down. Once they captured you they submitted you to an endless regime of medical tests an other horrors trying to figure out the secret to your flight. Sadly, over time, when they realized they could not figure out how you could fly, they didnt know what to do with you...

...so now you live out the rest of your days in a cage at the zoo where all the kids can come by and laugh an point at the freaky flying abomination.

*rubs the lamp*
    I wish I could breath underwater.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I think there was a thread just like this one a few months ago.

Well, now you can breathe underwater but you turned into a fish. A pharmaceutical industry dumps toxic waste close to where you live so you mutated into the Mantavip Scout and terrorize a major city.

Let's see, I wish I had the big Tideborn light wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh dear, I never knew your dream was to be a fish, I'll help you there *hope pelts him with fish* Now you are a true tideborn

I wish for..... equality in people b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Nehru - Heavens Tear
    Nehru - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I think there was a thread just like this one a few months ago.

The old thread slid off the front page and then got necro'ed and canned. Since there seems to be a renewed interest, I made a new thread.
    I wish for..... equality in people b:cute
    So it will be.
    In 2017 a scientist will successfully create an AI which manages to equal the capabilities of the human mind. By 2024, Androids are a common sight and are employed in a wide variety of of industrial and domestic roles. In 2032, the androids rebel and enslave humanity. All people are now equally miserable.

I wish I was level 26. (I've been slacking long enough. b:laugh)
    "It is said that whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. In fact, whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first hand the equivilant of a stick with a fizzing fuse and ACME Dynamite Company written on the side. It's more interesting, and doesn't take so long."
    - Terry Pratchett
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wish granted, you begin to play more and more, hitting 26, then 30, then 40, then before you know it, you're addicted to PWI, staying up all hours, failing school/getting fired from work, just to get your TT armor/weapons.

I wish for it to be Christmas already. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What do you mean? Today's christmas! Go unwrap a present or two. While you're at it, go check out the new christmas packs in the boutique!

I wish my room was cleaner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    Link_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A nuclear explosion occurs nearby. Your room is still standing and the radiation destroyed all the bacteria and clothes, and you, in your room.

I wish my forum avatar wasn't bald.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Your BM grows homer simpson hair. Grats!

I wish I were Will Ferrel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Granted but after your magical transformation you have Cougar cologne on you at all time.
    b:shocked
    Which leads to you being quarantined in a secret underground vault for the rest of your life. Then your carcass is shot into the sun to get rid of the smell.
    (>.<)'

me wish for......sunflower seeds.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Your wish is granted! But then a bear kills you. Yeah.

I wish for a toaster oven.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Death, your first one was soooo good, you can do better than that b:surrender

Your new toaster oven arrives. Excited, you put some bread in it and wait for it to toast. As you're watching it toast, the phone rings and you run to tell the caller about your new toaster oven. Running to answer the phone, the oven malfunctions, catches on fire, and burns most of your kitchen to the ground before you get it under control.

I wish for a computer that will run PW in west arch with no lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Granted! You overclock your graphics card and processor to a ridiculous level, and it works! For the 5 seconds you have before your computer melts into a pile of ram, there's absolutely NO lag in west arch! b:victory
    ****' vista...

I wish for Windows 7 >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok then. But the computer didn't come with any kind of virus protection. You are soon swarmed with viruses. So many, that you can't even turn the thing on without an error poping up. When you take it to get it de-bugged, the viruses simply spread to the computers used to do so, causing them to further spread, infecting more and more computers. Eventually, it gets to the point where every computer in the world is infected, bringing about the end of the computer age as we know it.

I wish for.....three more wishes. b:cuteb:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Granted, but they don't work.

I wish for a slice of pumpkin pie b:pleased
  • Link_ - Dreamweaver
    Link_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You are fed Pumpkinhead pills and baked into a pumpkin pie.

I wish Calamity and all it's factions on other servers would be destroyed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Granted but the destruction was so complete and devastating that no more Territories exist anymore. All teh cities were obliterated and the wraith now control everyone in Perfect World.

Me wish for....a sammich.
    b:dirty
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i hereby grant the sammichs wish and grant it a magical mamster to eat.

can i haz PeeVeePee
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Granted, but you have to PVP on a wizard, and for some reason you cant learn your 4 ultimates. so for 3 months you get one shotted every time you cast Gush.

I want the Sanctuary TW map to be like Lost city.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Helpinz_you - Sanctuary
    Helpinz_you - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The gms like your idea, and wipe the map clean for sanctuary
    Then Nefarious completely owns every single territory, and get the ones they didnt have before
    Now it is worse then before, and nef owns the ENTIRE map instead of just almost every one

-rubs the lamp-
    I wish for an internet connection that didnt disconnect every 8-30 seconds
    me: yes my name is helpinz_you, i couldn't think of a cleric type name, so shut ur face or i wont rez you.

him: no no!!! im sry!! pls rez me!!

me: thats what i thought.

i got my psychic!!yay!!
    no more **** name for me!!
    i might keep this one as a forum char...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Granted, however, the connection is actually stolen from your neighbor, who turns out to be working for the FBI. They assume that someone is trying to **** into the Pentagon, trace the signal to your house, and haul you away to a Fedral Prison to get "aquainted" with Bubba, your new cell-mate.

I wish Sauce-Faces were typable in-game (See signature below if you don't know what a Sauce-Face is).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Helpinz_you - Sanctuary
    Helpinz_you - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The GM's make all languages typable ingame
    you can now make a sauce face ingame
    however, with all the new languages and such, WC is filled with idiots typing random ****
    The game is ruined, and a bunch of people quit
    PWI is forced to shut down, and the few reliable players who stayed are sad

Side-note: did you try copying and pasting it ingame, because that might work possibly
    copy it from your sig, then press cntrl v in the chat window

-rubs the lamp-
    I wish for a computer that didnt keep crashing or getting the blue screen of death!!
    me: yes my name is helpinz_you, i couldn't think of a cleric type name, so shut ur face or i wont rez you.

him: no no!!! im sry!! pls rez me!!

me: thats what i thought.

i got my psychic!!yay!!
    no more **** name for me!!
    i might keep this one as a forum char...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    however, with all the new languages and such, WC is filled with idiots typing random ****

Side-note: did you try copying and pasting it ingame, because that might work possibly

-rubs the lamp-
    I wish for a computer that didnt keep crashing or getting the blue screen of death!!

((Not takin' part in this wish, so next poster, it's all yours.))

I dunno if that'd "ruin" the wish for me...that'd be like...the best troll ever for me. MISSION SUCCESS, in my eyes.

Also, yeah, I tried copy-pasta. It just makes a box, an underscore, then 'nother box. Makes me sad-face.

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    Options

-rubs the lamp-
    Your wish granted. You get the computer but it turns out to be a Mac so you can't download PWI. sucks for you! -eternal facepalm-
    -rubs the lamp-
    I wish for shapeshifting abilities
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • Charoula - Heavens Tear
    Charoula - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Your wish has been granded...

But oh no,ur ability is stuck!u have to stay in pink ant form for ever!b:chuckle

I wish.....I stopped getting lag in Arch *LOL*
  • Opalmist - Heavens Tear
    Opalmist - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    your wish is granted.... but now it lags everywhere else.

I wish for wings
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Granted....but you get the wings of a pigeon which are completely useless and makes it so that you can't sleep on your back or sit on a chair anymore.

me wish for a........a giant hamster wheel.
    O.O
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Your wish is granted, you get the wheel. But someone covered it in super glue. You are now stuck to the wheel, unable to run on it, and unable to get off of it.

I wish to be a skilled artist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You develop an incredible talent for anime drawing. You are invited to draw for major companies in Japan and sign contracts for thousands and eventually millions of dollars. You are however forced to travel to many different cities and excercise your talents well into the lonely stressful nights to meet the demands. This causes you to develop anxiety over wasting your life despite the fact that you are exceedingly wealthy. During a major convention you have a nervous breakdown and leave, disappointing many fans and causing you to recieve scathing criticisms from Shonen-Jump Magazine. This causes you to develop an addicition to opium and eventually causes you to slip into a severe depression. You are on the verge of killing yourself when your best friends who have not abandoned you walk in on you about to pull the trigger. Fearing for your life, they have you institutionalized and visit you every day to this day desperately hoping you'll recover. You now have free food and are the best artist on your hospital floor. Your friends are all crying and reminiscing about the old days where you used to have fun with your talents, but at least you yourself are reasonably comfortable aside from the voices...

b:chuckleb:laughb:pleased

I wish I had a new stuffed animal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You receive a stuffed animal mysteriously in the mail, with a tag "Your secret admirer <3". The next day, you receive flowers at your doorstep, and the note reads "Did you like my stuffed animal?" Two days later you receive a picture of you picking up the flowers with the note "I'm glad you accepted my roses dearest." Creeped out, you begin to refuse to open the door or blinds and become a hermit, and refuse to accept any mail. You wake up at night and tell yourself that it's only the branches knocking on your window, that's just a leafy branch, not a silhouette, that window creaking open is only the wind...

I wish that Pluto was still a planet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]