Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I dunno, I guess I agree with andracil. Not much else she can do. Either she leaves it and everything goes crazy and we all riot, or just lock everything off topic and maintain at least some calm.

Either way, the devs have destroyed the game and there's little the mods/gm's can do. I'm sure they're probably just as irritated as the rest of us, but since it's their job they can't really say much.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    And what did you want me to do? Posting the same thing on every single thread gets boring too, and makes it look as though I have no personality. At least this way, I'm showing that I'm keeping my cool through all this.

People can get mad pretty easily knowing you're keeping your cool simply because you aren't affected much by any of the recent updates. Oh, except you have to work a little harder by closing threads that you yourself claimed you don't really bother to look into much, I'm so sorry for you.

If you're going to complain about the amount of flaming you get, maybe you should stop trying to enjoy your time of infuriating others.
  • AlwaysBaked - Heavens Tear
    AlwaysBaked - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think some deserve locking...but others are constructive criticism. Why lock them just because they weren't posted in this obviously ignored thread. Trigger happy mods, glad they don't have the banhammer else there be 3 people on these forums: a gm, a mod, and the one guy that kisses their *blanks* *i filtered it myself*b:angry
    Carebear
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Oh for god's sake.
    Be glad I'm keeping my cool. Would you like it if I started insulting people for making these threads?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Oh for god's sake.
    Be glad I'm keeping my cool. Would you like it if I started insulting people for making these threads?

I don't know, I think from what I've read in these forums some poeple don't even want you as a mod anymore; not sure if insulting PWI's customers would get that wish granted or not.

Close threads with some dignity at least.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Still stand by the fact that it's making the forum look very bad-- you really aren't thinking the way that someone randomly coming to the forums would. Or even some lowbie wondering what the hell is going on with these 'anniversary' packs.

The packs themselves are already driving away enough people-- making it look like you hate the player base is just gonna drive away more.

And your argument for 'you don't want to get more flame mail'-- sounds a bit like what my principal told me one day when I did something stupid and he covered it up just because he didn't want to deal with the paper work and annoyed parents calling.

This is your job, correct? And you're probably already getting enough flame as is (I even considered PMing you, and I didn't even have a locked thread.) A little more just to make everything look better won't hurt.

I just don't get it. b:shutup
  • andracil
    edited November 2009
    Err, it appears I phrased it poorly. What I meant was that if I merged these threads, people would complain they're unable to find their threads and think I've deleted them. It's not so much the flame I get as it is the people who are upset by their threads disappearing. Leaves a pretty poor impression, better if I just leave them where they are so they can at least see I locked them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Still stand by the fact that it's making the forum look very bad-- you really aren't thinking the way that someone randomly coming to the forums would. Or even some lowbie wondering what the hell is going on with these 'anniversary' packs.

3+ pages of threads complaining about the same thing, with new ones popping up every couple minutes, doesn't exactly look good either. I haven't seen any of the GMs post yet, so I think andracil's pretty much trying to hold off an all-out riot here, all on her own. I don't envy her or her job. b:chuckle
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Erhm so we had the anni packs, and people left. We got them again more people left. Once again they are back . . . hmm wonder what will happen next.

I got to say the moderators and game marshalls actually have my sympathy. Whoever is in charge of marketing at PWE seems to enjoy suicidal marketing strategy which will probably make your lives hell.

To all other players. If you don't like these packs simple answer

DO NOT BUY THEM!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Leaves a pretty poor impression, better if I just leave them where they are so they can at least see I locked them.

I think you've let a pretty poor impression on a lot of people already.

New "spam" threads keep popping up because the ones that people want to comment in are all locked.

As a forum mod, shouldn't you be encouraging people to actually stay on topic in this thread that you've sanctioned?

On topic: Not sure if there's a lack of communication between GMs and Devs, but something needs to be fixed. It's funny how deaf the devs are.

Oh, and where's the excuse for the return of the packs this time? Because I'm quite sure popular demand isn't going to cut it this time.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    3+ pages of threads complaining about the same thing, with new ones popping up every couple minutes, doesn't exactly look good either. I haven't seen any of the GMs post yet, so I think andracil's pretty much trying to hold off an all-out riot here, all on her own. I don't envy her or her job. b:chuckle

I'm starting to get what she's saying, but-- isn't the "3+ pages" thing happening with or without locking?

Either way-- and this is the last post I'm gonna post on this-- there should be a better way to deal with this. Make a sticky, or something. "All Anni Pack Threads are gonna be merged into the main one: Your Opinions Matter." And merge them. But yeah, I'm not a mod, I don't know much about it, and really shouldn't be telling how to do your job.

Sorry for arguing with you all. And yes, I know she's getting hell for this, even though it isn't her fault. Sorry again. b:surrender
  • andracil
    edited November 2009
    I very much doubt making a sticky for that would help, seeing as people should be able to realize there's a thread up here already named "Anniversary Pack Discussion". I can't really get more obvious than that.
    And yes, I'm getting hell for this, but I'm used to it really. Wouldn't be a mod if I couldn't handle the stress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol heheh u know whats the fun part this all could have been provented b:victory just had to make the gameplay work make good wars so u attracked gamers not only flirters not saying every1 is ... but its a game so the gamers are ur catergorie to focus on ... and gamewise we can hardly play the system is explodable half community plays freely and completly freely while the others pay pay pay and neverrrrrrr get nothing in return ... how do u think u gonna keep those gamers??? with these events??? nahh make ur game work =.=
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lay of Andracil please guys. Currently there are no GM's online and she, just like I will, is just doing what she is supposed to.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    WTF!!!!

why is this **** back in the game after you removed it twice, wey to go and ruin it all over again
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    WTF!!!!

why is this **** back in the game after you removed it twice, wey to go and ruin it all over again

I think the problem is, they didnt intentionally remove them and it was like we have seen before the timing of the sale being off.

Imo they probs were supposed to have run for another full month until Nov 12th
    edited November 2009
    i seriously hate this game right now, we all joked about you finding the soft spot and milking it, but now you have just proved that theory correct.

I seriously demand a good logical reason as to why they are back in this game, those packs are causing this game to die pre-maturely and for other people who DONT want to go Pay2Play to suffer while all the rich people laugh in their face.

this is taking it one step to far (and yes if you cant tell i am pretty ticked off about it), gold price were finally starting to come down and fashion was becoming more obtainable as well as everything else like mounts.

*epic fkin sigh*
  • BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear
    BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Oh for god's sake.

You are keeping your "cool" by arbitrarily misusing your power as a mod. I think that is pretty insulting to the playing (and in some cases paying) public.

If you don't like the job any more, perhaps you could use help writing an updated cirriculum vitae.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I very much doubt making a sticky for that would help, seeing as people should be able to realize there's a thread up here already named "Anniversary Pack Discussion". I can't really get more obvious than that.
    And yes, I'm getting hell for this, but I'm used to it really. Wouldn't be a mod if I couldn't handle the stress.

Not many people want to read through and contribute on a thread thats already over 130+ pages long. New threads should be allowed to run as long as they stay within forum rules. b:bye
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • andracil
    edited November 2009
    I love this job. I'm taking all this flaming and hate for the sake of the forums. If that isn't devotion, you tell me what is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    and for all the idiots attacking the mods,

WILL YOU GROW SOME BALLS

they are doing their job and having to deal with a lot of pressure from spammy little children who dont even understand the term job and working for money.

so just get off their back and go play with your dummy's in-game
  • Laole - Lost City
    Laole - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    On Lost City Server only 1 faction can trade coins for gold....u do it for them????

cause u not doing it for random gamer!!!!

This is not a popular demand item!!! its a GFT out of this game item!!!

Nice Joke PWI!!!

or did PrinceClare / Shinzoko and the rest payed so much $ that u give nothing on opinion of others?????
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not many people want to read through and contribute on a thread thats already over 130+ pages long. New threads should be allowed to run as long as they stay within forum rules. b:bye

Yea, but 3 pages worth? People dont want to have to sift 4+ pages back just to find a subject to talk about, either. b:chuckle When the servers came back up, and everybody flipped, it got crazy here on the forums. Something had to be done to stop the flood. Yes, the locks tick people off, but it kept it from becoming 10+ pages of the same thing.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laole - Lost City
    Laole - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    and for all the idiots attacking the mods,

they are doing their job and having to deal with a lot of pressure from spammy little children who dont even understand the term job and working for money.

so just get off their back and go play with your dummy's in-game

the mods know that Community dont like the packs and didnt do anything to keep packs away!!!!

So blaming Mods is ok for me
  • Itachikun - Lost City
    Itachikun - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Omg! The packs are back from the deadddd! -scary spokey noise-

Haha, but yeah. Kinda interesting really. They bring out the packs for the anniversary which I liked, I bought a few, got a few good things, and went on my marry way. Then they come back out for another month because people wanted them back. Sure, fine, whatever. I bought a few again to stock up on the tokens for teles (WC hoe O__O) and what-not. And then last night when they supposedly went down for "maintenance" they seemed to have just popped into the cash shop outta nowhere. I'm telling you, those things are like the living dead. But whatever. Just gives me more tokens to stock up on. Thanks GM's! I, unlike most people, seem to like them. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    november new bountique item!!
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18930

nope... still the same, the third PWi birthday is upon us!!!!!!!
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • andracil
    edited November 2009
    We mods don't rule the game or anything, we don't decide what updates make it through. We only take care of the forums and have no power outside that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    the mods know that Community dont like the packs and didnt do anything to keep packs away!!!!

they are doing their job in controlling the community, it wasn't their choice to put the packs back in, they have to deal with the aftermath.

"So blaming Mods is ok for me"

im glad you enjoy making someone else's life a misery just because nobody sucked on your xxxx today
  • Aeode - Sanctuary
    Aeode - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Perhaps people see anni packs back in the boutique for whatever reason for the 3rd time, despite all that's been mentioned in this 130ish page thread dedicated to feedback on the issue, and figure it's futile to continue posting here as it appears the feedback here is ignored anyway, and so create new threads instead.

I tend to agree with Arravis a few posts back. There were a couple of threads I thought would have ended up having some interesting discussion and in which I may have liked to post in but now can't as they were swiftly locked.

I don't believe that if I were to make comments on packs in this thread that they would go anywhere - this just seems like a place to stash negative feedback so new players see a pretty forum with happy bunnies and rainbows. (This is my personal opinion and not an attack on anyone. Just don't have as much in confidence in PWI as I used to.)

On-topic:
    I did like the anni packs when they first came out. I was able to get a bunch of cheap tokens for skill books and other things which would otherwise have taken a bit longer to save coin for.

If it wasn't intended to have the packs removed after the daylight savings maintenance, we should have been told that in a sticky on here somewhere to save this massive rage we're again seeing. If the packs were purposely taken out and then purposely put back, then this entire thread may as well be deleted because it serves no purpose to collect feedback then act in a way that equates to throwing the feedback in a bin and setting in on fire. Either way, I do hope they're taken out soon - even though keeping them would mean cheaper items for myself - as the damage that's been done already may be very difficult to repair but things can always get *worse*. That is, more players leaving; less players recommending the game to their friends; a higher rate of new players quitting due to not being able to afford boutique items without charging; and finally, people charging less zen than they used to (of which I am one) as they can no longer see that the company acts on what is both good for them *and* their customers.

I would really love to see people stay rather than quit.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009

That has nothing to do with us. We didn't know they were coming back either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.