Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is nuts, open some new dungeons or something. We want "events" not "purchases". =/
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Is it just me, or am I seeing "WTT x AnniPax for xxxxx item" more often?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vodevil - Harshlands
    Vodevil - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In Harshlands, gold up to 750/800k ..
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Part of the point has been missed, and I know a few people have touched on this, but I'll add my 2 cents. This "game" we all play and most love, is first and foremost a business, which is paid for (servers, bandwidth, salaries, ect...) via the cash shop. For those of us who can afford to cash shop kudos to u for supporting our game, for those who can not afford to cash shop thank you for your continued support by playing the game. As in most ptp games, you will have things that the dev. does that you hate, same goes in ftp games. People who do cash shop for items such as the anni. packs keep this game FTP. While I do understand the concern with gold prices skyrocketing, but only people to blame that on is the players selling the gold, not the dev, gm, mod. To blame any of these people is just insane. Its pretty simple to watch greed happen, something good comes in cash shop, players make gold obscene overly priced. So only ppl to blame on gold prices are the very ppl whom we play with everyday.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    To all those bashing the Mods for doing their job:

The ability to post in forums is a privilege not a right.

They can lock, delete, edit etc with or without an explanation, something you all agreed to with the ToS/Forum rules.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok this games company entirely lost my respect bringing the packs back again just make them permanent(if they arent this time as i dunno) wil stop all the QQing from them keep coming back why not just put warsoul in the boutique to and TT gear to as your endless anni packs do the same with frost and lunar items anyway

a side note i think even the gms dont know this so im not really angry at them
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Arwy - Sanctuary
    Arwy - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am normally a forum lurker and never post but this is something I have to post in.
    Now, I am not trying to flame, I'm just saying my opinions about all of this.

The first time the packs came, they were out for two whole months. Gold before was already around 180k and that was too high for some of us already. When these packs were introduced, gold shot up to around 400k-500k in one night.

Then they were back the second time, because of "popular demand". In my opinion, two whole months of an event is plenty of time to buy those packs, unlike the other sales/events whatever you wanna call it, which only last a week or two. So the packs were only "back by popular demand" because we players had plenty of time to buy them.

Now, I will admit, I spent about $100 dollars in this game, because I really loved it, I made great friends and had a great time playing PWI. Most of my friends don't buy zen, they use to be able to use the ingame money they earned to buy the gold from the auction house. Now they can't do that anymore because an hour worth of grinding won't get you 1 gold anymore (this may be exaggerated, there are other ways to get money ingame).

It might be just me, but I really do think most of the players in PWI aren't zen buyers, therefore basing the "back by popular demand" is inappropriate, considering that most of the population just play the game and don't pay.

My opinions, if something is wrong in it, feel free to give your own opinions.
  • DarkLizzy - Heavens Tear
    DarkLizzy - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't know why people is talking too much ****. There is only one thing: NOBODY I KNOW WANTS THAT **** AGAIN. It's frustrating how ppl that can't even open a TT are getting good things just for being idiots and wasting money.
  • kronox
    kronox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Everything is already said but here my view:

In our faction there are a lot of players that don't pay to play (no spare money, too young, ...). When they even can't by essential stuff anymore they will loose interest in this game and leave. When too much of these people leave the fun for me is over and I'll leave too.

?? Who will run the servers for the non-payers when noone pays for it

I don't say paying is bad, I pay too (in fact too much) and never complained. I loved the ani packs and other events but now it's going too far. Gold prices are way too high for non-payers. They should at least have the possibility to grind and earn money for essential things as a decent armor, weapon, charms, etc ...

Solution: multiply all drop prices and coins from mobs by "gold price/100000". So when gold price is 500K multiply by 5.

I don't want to end up in a game where the biggest spender is the best. If this turns out to be the case, I'll leave this game and will look for a game where we have to pay a fixed monthly fee where not the amount of money spent makes the "man". I love fairness and challenge, not spending loads of money to be someone.

I love PWI and I'm very concerned about it future.

FreeFox (lvl 96 veno)
    Dutch Marchal
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Sigh, just as gold was starting to drop to 300-400k, you bring 'em back out. Now I have to wait longer for my phoenix. :(
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yea, but 3 pages worth? People dont want to have to sift 4+ pages back just to find a subject to talk about, either. b:chuckle When the servers came back up, and everybody flipped, it got crazy here on the forums. Something had to be done to stop the flood. Yes, the locks tick people off, but it kept it from becoming 10+ pages of the same thing.

zz part of the reason why it becomes multiple pages is because threads get locked so people make new ones. b:sleep
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wtf is wrong with you PWI ?

you're celebrating you're 3 years existence now? this is the third time u bring these god damn packs back

if you wanna make em permanent ! then tell us and do so , so we can all ragequit

if you're not gonna make em permanent then don't bring em back every 1 week this is **** ,

you guys pissed me off once again i already found other game i play 50% of the time and i assume alot of ppl did too , you don't really expect ppl other then heavy cash shoppers or ppl that only pve will keep on taking all this ****

just my 50 cents again >_<
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    All I wanna know is: Why the **** did they removed the packs if they knew they would just put them back THREE (3) ****ing days later ???

That's taking us for a bunch of morons.

Perfect World Entertainment lost the little respect I have left. They should be moved to the lower depth by a mod.

- Amy
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Over 100 pages of complaints and they still bring it out for their 3rd anniversary. How stupid can they be?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Apparently they still have those people that will spend 400-500 a month to play a game that has lost all it's true loyal players. Now they are trying to make the Cash shoppers happy, not giving a flying **** about the rest of us
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why are they back? I can't think of anyone I know ingame who wanted them back.
    Popular probably asked for them again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    First and foremost wanna give props to the mods especially andracil for trying to keep the community cool. Mods don't control what is being released. I hope every1 with a significant amount of power like mods and admins however are trying to use this power to show the displeasure the community has with the reptitive re release of anniversary packs because you can see they don't listen to the people playing the game. I just hope this doesn't become weekly or they might as well make it permanent cuz each time they release packs its leads to rage. The economy is absolutely terrible and unless packs packs are removed this game will become impossible for people who dont cash shop to play.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    First and foremost wanna give props to the mods especially andracil for trying to keep the community cool. Mods don't control what is being released.

Andracil will appreciate your post. She just left for Uni but I let her know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I wonder what'll happen when all the mad cash shoppers have finally finished shopping and spent their $1k+ and got bored and anniversary packs finally stop selling?

I predict at that point we'll have about 1/4 the player population with about 4 times the amount quitting than the amount staying. I can picture the devs just going "Wow tht waz fun :D kthxbai 4 teh munnyz u gaiz!" *servers shut down*

Actually, quick question has anyone seen a player join recently who's stayed and plans to keep staying? Anyone new I add to my friendlist is gone within a week....
    edited November 2009
    First and foremost wanna give props to the mods especially andracil for trying to keep the community cool.

The problem is that some of the forum's mods are simple players that were given powers over other players.

This should never happen in any game. All mods should be employees of the company. Otherwise, problems will arise one day, want it or not.

But don't bash on them, they are doing what they were ordered to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Midnight - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Agreed. But the issue isn't the mods its these horrible people running this game. If they did as little as three clicks (community perfect world, general discussion and any thread on the first page (sure to be about packs)) they'd see how a huge portion of theirs players are against it. I hope the people however like mods and amdins are trying to help voice our opinions because its obvious they don't pay attention to us anymore. Heck they dont even update lvls or pvp rankings anymore but they damn sure kee the packs rolling. I remember every1 being upset over chest of coins keeping zen around 200k.... I think i'd take that anyday over this 600k zen. GL to you also aryannamage and keep up the good work...You guys are gonna be pretty busy over the next couple of days unless they do somethign crazy like remove packs (loldreamon). Im pretty sure we'll have packs for Thanksgiving Hanukkah and maybe even Groundhog's Day at this rate. b:bye packs are popping up more then Tupac after his death
  • Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear
    Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Can we burn the factory where the packs ar made, would be a good sale in boutique ( Torches to burn Anniversary packs 10 silver each )
    But ye i dont know with this game anymore, it go`s from +++ to ++ to + to - to -- sadly. Maybe all the players should put money together and buy PWI up even better so the can work for us instead hmmb:laugh
  • Coreysan - Sanctuary
    Coreysan - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hey GM's if your reading any of our comments on these packs, why not make a poll that has a vote on this "anniversary pack's", b:shutup i know your probubaly having a pay day with these things but also.. your ruening your creation of a fantastic game b:cute but.. why not do something good for yourself and instead of doing all these crazy sales why not do more things like this jolley jones event? which is pritty good, you have free flothings free blessings and its timed which is a good thing to do b:victory

so instead of doing crazy things like this do something good with the time you have pleas for all of the enjoyment players on this game.

cya in game ppz b:bye
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There is no GM made poll as it is far too easy for one player to vote multiple times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok.

Sooo what is going to be done to the anni packs? I see this thread...full of hatred and despair. Yet these packs are back? I highly doubt anything is gonna be done. I dont care anymore. If anni packs are permanent, go for it....

I'm just gonna be the nooby barb with epic fail gear and lack of sage books. Im gonna do everything the hard way (if I even play). Lets go farm Lunar Glade, lets go do FF runs. Cant wait for ppl to out lvl me with oracles. Cant wait for oracle noobs to become waaaay better than me. Ive worked for everything, and proud of it (sadly). Woot!! Getting Sage was nice, but ppl are getting that in 2 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Midnight - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    That's true but either way we can make an educated guess as to what the community thinks about this.
    edited November 2009
    If they did as little as three clicks (community perfect world, general discussion and any thread on the first page (sure to be about packs)) they'd see how a huge portion of theirs players are against it.

Correction : they would see that a few hundred players on the forums are against it....

What I would like to see is some stats on how many packs were sold when they were introduced the second time, and how many different players buyed them.

I would not be surprised if the majority of the players are happy with the pack's return... Don't forget that forum's denizens are not representing the totality of the player base. There is probably a good chunk of the players who are happy with the game like it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Either:
    A. Make them permanent; we can deal with that. and gold prices will fall then rise and fall just like a regular economy, still making anniversary packs wanted for that small chance of getting something nice. Your sales will still maintain because people who buy gold have 10 chances to get something worth a great deal per $10.

B. Remove them, its been your anniversary once, and taking them out time after time is just causing inflation over them once the tokens/packs become rare because they are not in cs anymore. Every item you can purchase with tokens is increased as tokens go up, which sucks.
  • Midnight - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Wit current zen prices its nearly impossible for the typical player to play. If some1 starts playing pw today I can't imagine them trying to get a charm without having to spend irl money. Kinda hard to make 1.5mil when your starting the game. And if it's to the point that you have to cs to get things as simple as charms and dolls then you might as well start marketing this game as pay to play because that's what it is becoming
This discussion has been closed.