Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sorry azara,I can't monitor this thread all night but it's a bit more clean now, and I'm not going to give a response when I don't have one yet.

@spam: cleaned the thread, bans were issued. Don't follow their example b:victory
  • AzaraxGore - Harshlands
    AzaraxGore - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sorry azara but I can't monitor this thread all night

@spam: cleaned the thread, bans were issued. Don't follow their example b:victory

I know I know. b:thanks

I had a site of my own as was over run with problems and issues, requests and bans. I know how it feels to be over run with duties. But still, it doesn't feel like our opinions are being taken into consideration. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Make some of those people with Lunar and Frost stuff lose it all in a game of chance just like how they got it. Make the CS'ers line your wallets more as you take away something precious and dear to them. I bet that'll keep the game entertaining and make it worth while to see that red text from Duke Blacke. b:chuckle

Brilliant idea. That way we will see more QQ about players having spend X dollars and X amount of anni packs to get something good, to have it taken away.

Really how do u come up with such genius? I certainly wouldnt be in any rush to reach for my credit card to replace an item that cost so much to get, to risk it being taken again
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Brilliant idea. That way we will see more QQ about players having spend X dollars and X amount of anni packs to get something good, to have it taken away.

Really how do u come up with such genius?

Oh would you rather be over run by players who have these items? You LIKE being pk'd to the point that you can't even quest without watching your back constantly? b:bye

That is just a thought, though it'd be their own faults for buying the packs in the first place if in the end it may or may not be taken away.

Look at what people are willing to do JUST for some gear from those packs: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=473112

It's sad when a VENO has to practically beg for coin to get this gear which should be EARNED through hard work in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well that's the thing, I'm not the one who can implement changes, so it would be wrong of me to tell you that any particular thing is being done when I'm not actively involved in the process.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh would you rather be over run by players who have these items? You LIKE being pk'd to the point that you can't even quest without watching your back constantly? b:bye

Check server. Re-reply.
    Well that's the thing, I'm not the one who can implement changes, so it would be wrong of me to tell you that any particular thing is being done when I'm not actively involved in the process.

Is there any way you can tell us at least what the mindset was behind bringing them back? Most of the playerbase feels pretty ignored right now, and no one can really blame them, as the first time around many people wanted it out immediately, but dealt with it for the month, and now it's back "by popular demand".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

But if you can prove enough of us players are against the re-introduction of anniversary packs you'll have a strong argument for changing it, to those who are in charge of implementing these things.... right?
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Check server. Re-reply.

I know, I was trying to show that she wouldn't know about having to do something like that unless she has her guards down for some PvP action or w/e PvE people do to have PvP fun. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    malixdark wrote: »
    But if you can prove enough of us players are against the re-introduction of anniversary packs you'll have a strong argument for changing it, to those who are in charge of implementing these things.... right?

As long as the numbers you show somehow actualy represent the player base and not just the small minority of players that are forum posters.

Remember, THEY have all the information, including how many packs are being sold, how much gold is being sold, and even WHO is buying it.

We have generalizations and earsay.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I would like to see what they constitute as "popular demand" I mean.. if more than 50% of the user base asked for it.. that constitutes popular demand.. otherwise, it's just QQ'ers whining because they didn't get to have them to begin with..

also.. by re-introducing them again, the GMs are proving to the players that they lied awhile back when they said they cared about the economy.. I mean.. we were complaining when it was 190k/G and now, after the anniv packs, and the mount sale, and all that.. it was up to over 400k/G the last time I played (just had a baby boy 6 weeks ago (3 weeks premature), so I haven't had alot of time to play lately.. but I'm assuming it's still fairly high.. because gold is so high, I can honestly say that I don't miss playing.. I've even started taking a look at other games because things are becoming so unfair on PWI to people who can't afford to spend alot of cash...

I mean.. at 400k/G it costs 2M in order to get a hammer to open a chest that gives you 1M.. that makes alot of sense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So the packs got back by "popular demand" you're saying?But as I read the paying players are still a minority.So even if all of those people "begged" for the packs to come back they would be a minority of persons that asked for them.So by saying the majority doesn't want them is not a generalization at all.And don't tell me the lame line that since the duke shouts every 2 mins then I'm wrong since they are popular.I only see the same 5 names that open/win sometihng in WC and I can name them one by one.

I don't mind that much they are back i'm on a pve server so I will just ignore the CS(for a long time it seems)but:1-they shouldn't lie about the reason they got them back.It's the first time they give a reason when they make a sale;they never said when we had mounts sale every week they put them by popular demand AND 2-even if there was a huge popular demand they should've just said NO to it since for halloween they will have some huge event anyway.

I really hope they know what they're doing(i doubt it tho)because if i was a constant pay player i wouldn't pay 200+ dollars just to have the end game gear and then do what?I can understand those in pvp servers that atleast can do some pew pew but people on pve servers i really don't see what they'll do with their lunar weapons(beside seeing them going afk in mid air in west arch to show off they gear/mounts).
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As long as the numbers you show somehow actualy represent the player base and not just the small minority of players that are forum posters.

Remember, THEY have all the information, including how many packs are being sold, how much gold is being sold, and even WHO is buying it.

We have generalizations and earsay.

This is one reason the thread exists, unfortunately polls can be faked (with alts), so asking for real player comments makes it easier for us to know that real players are submitting their feedback, as opposed to: level 1 alt, level 3 alt, blank forum nick, level 7 alt, etc.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    For clarification purposes they mean "The majority of stock holders and people who get their paychecks cut directly from PWI are requesting anniversary packs back with heightened popular demand."

Where's my little thread closing queen? I know she's around with wand raised ready to close this bad boy up. Come on. Surely we've all been naughty little PWI-ers here.
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Check server. Re-reply.

I played PW MY on the Oracle server back in my time. Complaining about being PK'd by people better equipped than you and want them taken out of the game.

Come on, whats next im lvl 40 and a lvl 90 pk;d me,,, roll that lvl 90 back pls

Gank server or not. its completely unfair to remove an item they payed so much money for, and then expect they would be happy to recharge zen to get it back again?
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is one reason the thread exists, unfortunately polls can be faked (with alts), so asking for real player comments makes it easier for us to know that real players are submitting their feedback, as opposed to: level 1 alt, level 3 alt, blank forum nick, level 7 alt, etc.

Isn't there a way for you to ya know keep track of which are alts and which aren't? As in, in the polls you can have the same serial number next to a players name no matter which character they use? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I played PW MY on the Oracle server back in my time. Complaining about being PK'd by people better equipped than you and want them taken out of the game.

Come on, whats next im lvl 40 and a lvl 90 pk;d me,,, roll that lvl 90 back pls

Gank server or not. its completely unfair to remove an item they payed so much money for, and then expect they would be happy to recharge zen to get it back again?

b:pleased Like I said before, it's a gamble, their choice if they wanna try and get it back again or not. It's no unfair if they CHOOSE to spend "so much money" for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Well then... in that case... this level 100 archer definitely didn't want the packs back.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:pleased Like I said before, it's a gamble, their choice if they wanna try and get it back again or not. It's no unfair if they CHOOSE to spend "so much money" for them.

What you are saying makes about as much sense as asking for a server reset and have everyone be level 1. and have all items they got and coin taken away.

If you are serious about not liking the packs at all, than just state that. Do you really think Spoon's bosses are going to take this thread seriously if they read what you are suggesting or some of the other generalizations and earsay? Remember, they have solid evidence and numbers, so we need to be able to present the same. That is not saying "Some of my friends do not like the packs", you need to say,
    "I do not like it". Thats it, you cannot speak for anybody else and expect to be taken seriously.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options

As i said, they shouldn't HAVE TO try "get it back"... They bought it (gambled) with real money. Why should they have to risk losing it?

Anyway, they run a risk pk;ing with that anyways, someone higher / more skilled / equally geared can kill them and *maybe* they drop the item.

But your idea of unjustly removing something is unfair. Not responding to this line of thought anymore, im of the firm opinion now you seriously have rocks in your head, to even begin to think that they should have to take a gamble again for an item they payed for, just becuase they out gear you and you dont like it.

One way or another pvp servers ARE going to be unfair, esp with cash shop players. They WILL out lvl you, they WILL out gear you, and they WILL gank you. Anniversary weapons or not.

AND i did not say it was unfair for them to spend money to get the item, i said it is unfair for them to have that item taken away with your ridiculous "lottery" idea.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What you are saying makes about as much sense as asking for a server reset and have everyone be level 1. and have all items they got and coin taken away. You too can have the same items, you just have to buy packs.

If you are serious about not liking the packs at all, than just state that. Do you really think Spoon's bosses are going to take this thread seriously if they read what you are suggesting?

What I said is nothing like asking for a server reset (though with how HL looks it's not a bad idea). All I was saying was that instead of Duke Blacke bragging that so and so got this and that he could in turn show a darker side to the packs. I've stated my place on the packs and that I also got a few things from them, I really wouldn't care if I lost them seeing as how I couldn't really use them since I don't have lvl11 or w/e gear or even close to the lvl for using them.

Last time I bought plenty of packs to help celebrate the anni of PWI and I had no issue with it but it's not their anni anymore so I will not show my support again until next year.

And even if they read my suggestions, they're just suggestions whether or not they take them into account meaning I can say if I want and if you don't like it don't read my posts anymore. Here in America we have the freedom of speech stupid or not. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And even if they read my suggestions, they're just suggestions whether or not they take them into account meaning I can say if I want and if you don't like it don't read my posts anymore. Here in America we have the freedom of speech stupid or not. b:laugh

I am glad you clarified that you actualy do not want to help the GMs give meaningful feedback to their bosses and instead of are just practicing your freespeach.

With rights also come responsibilities. Your freespeach right comes with the responsibility of using it wisely, specialy when other players are trying to make a case of why having the packs out a second time is a bad idea.

If you want to suggest a new event (the gamble away your gear), than please do it in the proper place, which is the suggestions board.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As i said, they shouldn't HAVE TO try "get it back"... They bought it (gambled) with real money. Why should they have to risk losing it?

Anyway, they run a risk pk;ing with that anyways, someone higher / more skilled / equally geared can kill them and *maybe* they drop the item.

But your idea of unjustly removing something is unfair. Not responding to this line of thought anymore, im of the firm opinion now you seriously have rocks in your head, to even begin to think that they should have to take a gamble again for an item they payed for, just becuase they out gear you and you dont like it.

One way or another pvp servers ARE going to be unfair, esp with cash shop players. They WILL out lvl you, they WILL out gear you, and they WILL gank you. Anniversary weapons or not.

Actually I don't care if they get the gear I just hate how pricey things are in the game now. I hardly buy gold but when I do it's usually for something simple like fashion or a perfect hammer for a friend whose hit 50 or 80.

And duh of course people are going to out lvl me especially since I started the game in the summer and with school and all, I won't play to lvl just to socialize and maybe help with something that requires some veno like services. Also yes SOME may out gear me but whose to say I don't get lucky in a FB run and get some uber awesome molds? b:bye So yeah, idc about that stuff. I just want mat prices to go down for the things I can't farm at this lvl.
    I am glad you clarified that you actualy do not want to help the GMs give meaningful feedback to their bosses and instead of are just practicing your freespeach.

With rights also come responsibilities. Your freespeach right comes with the responsibility of using it wisely, specialy when other players are trying to make a case of why having the packs out a second time is a bad idea.

If you want to suggest a new event (the gamble away your gear), than please do it in the proper place, which is the suggestions board.

Tell that to the other people who've suggested as well if it's such an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rebelika_Fay - Sanctuary
    Rebelika_Fay - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    >.> This is bad.
    Rebelika_Fay: 8x Veno
    MinknCookiez: 6x Archer
  • Rydaire - Harshlands
    Rydaire - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A totally random thought...but one would think that a veritable horde of economists with PhDs play PWI based on all of the assertions about the effects of the anniversary packs to the in-game economy.

I didn't go to school for economics or take any substantive classes in it, so I can't comment about it overly intelligently. But, it's one thing to observe the price of gold is rocketing up. It's another thing entirely to talk about all this severe damage to the in-game economy. Damaging to whom? The players? Perhaps. The bottom line is that PWI isn't a non-profit organization for game junkies (like myself)...it's a business. It must have been profitable to bring back the packs. If players also requested it back, that's even better.

It also seems to me that regardless of the presence of the anniversary packs, players with money to invest in the game are going to level up and be stronger than those who don't. If you're constantly charmed and can afford faster transport and other goodies you can buy in the boutique, you can solo faster, do more quests, etc. As a grad student, I fall in the category with those people who don't have money to burn. However, it is that very reason that I think PWI is fantastic. There's no monthly fee that makes it cost-prohibitive to play, and the game was entirely free to download. It's up to the player whether or not to spend money. I like having that choice. PWI is easily comparable to MMORPGs that charge $59 to buy the PC game and $15 a month to play. PWI needs to make money some way to continue to service and develop the game. I can't fault PWI for being innovative and taking advantage of a promotion like the anniversary pack that presumably generated a lot of revenue. (But admittedly I'm only basing that on Duke Black's incessant shouting in world chat!)

Ramblings aside, I can't help but hum "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid when walking through Arch. The place has been overrun by lobstahs! b:chuckle
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's not the stupid packs fault.. if ppl just put gold at what they are supposed to be, there would be no problem.

Come now, be a little bit more reasonable and use a little bit more common sense.

For one dollar only, people have the chance of getting incredibly, incredibly rare gear (I refuse to say end game gear, for the time, because if the level cap is magically raised during the expansion pack then it might very well not be end game. Just... uber rare sort of stuff).
    So users selling gold aren't going to make them really cheap. As illegal as real world profiteering is, it's not illegal on the interwebs nor on PWI, so you can expect people to increase the price of gold during times of mass demand to make a better profit.

And why do they sell them at this price?

Because whether we like it or not, there are players who have the ability to buy gold at such outrageous prices with in-game coin. As long as people buy at these high prices, then gold will continue to sell at this same high prices.

It can only be 1% of the player base doing this, but that 1% is currently "running" our economics for us, because they are the people buying the gold, selling the gold, opening the packs for the items.

And I do believe that such a thing has been said before, numerous times. But the point is; we have to blame the packs for the now once again nerfed economy, because frankly, they are what sparked it off. (Excusing the whole bull about packs back by popular demand which is why they're here in the first place. )

-edit-

Don't you think it's so terribly ironic that they decide to release the ever useful Iron Hammer and the not so ever useful but still occasionally bought Battle Pet Packs after everybody threatens to stop spending for gold?

Damn the fact I've just been one-upped by the company again. This is getting silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's not the stupid packs fault.. if ppl just put gold at what they are supposed to be, there would be no problem.

and who are you to say where gold is "suppose" to be? obviously someone (a lot of people) think gold price is suppose to be higher... and hence its higher.

Ps. I think a gallon of gas suppose to be a dollar… now whos gonna sell it to me at that price?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Mysiopa - Dreamweaver
    Mysiopa - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Do not want. Period.

These packs are the worst thing I have ever seen on PWI. Not only do they raise the gold prices, but the prices of everything that can be bought with Botique gold. 10k for a single purified oil, rough fur or concentrated glue? 7k for refined steel? Get a grip PWI, get rid of the packs.

If you need a sale so badly, sell something that won't **** up the games economy, or make new stuff to sell. Or at the very least shut Duke the hell up so I don't have to hear about people spending $100 a day for pixels! b:angry
  • cashshopper
    cashshopper Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    7k for refined steel?

brb, Ima go grab my pickaxe.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Welcome back Sniper. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    7k for refined steel?

brb, Ima go grab my pickaxe.

Hi Darksniper b:bye

Edit: Will anyone else ever be able to use that color again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
This discussion has been closed.