Why are Venos without Hercs considered useless?

Options

Comments

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    She does tank Lunar with a plain armored bear, she tanks Single Mode with it, and she can handle a number of mobs in Squad mode

You realize the very first trash mobs mobs in lunar glade in single mode hit about as hard as 1-1 chintien in squad mode?
    Tell you what. If she wants to send me a tell Im happy to go to lunar glade with her and see her (unmodified) bear tank one of those mobs. If she does it Ill give her a public apology on this forum. Until then its a load of bs and Im calling her out on it.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    /facepalm

No matter how many of the rare pet skills you give an armored bear you will never have a herc because a herc with those same skills is still better.

Im aware of this, I was just being a bit overly generous if she had modified her bear with herc buffs. I agree it still sucks in comparison.

(As it is tho its an unmodified one supposedly, that does lunar glade... lol)
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think Foxx's intention was to highlight that a considerable part of a veno's gear is her pet. Anyone who says 'I won't get a Herc because I'm concentrating on my gear' misses a bit of a point, because one could be a level 80 veno is level 60 gears and tank just as well with a Herc. Obviously, this is more relevant to your mage type veno, but I can't speak for any of the other types :).

Belial is much better at saying what I think :)
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You realize the very first trash mobs mobs in lunar glade in single mode hit about as hard as 1-1 chintien in squad mode?
    Tell you what. If she wants to send me a tell Im happy to go to lunar glade with her and see her (unmodified) bear tank one of those mobs. If she does it Ill give her a public apology on this forum. Until then its a load of bs and Im calling her out on it.

LOL so she has to prove stuff to you? If you want to find out what a armored bear really can do, Buy one level it, and try for yourself. Like omg Foxx you might like it >:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Didn't read anything. Just pointing out that no herc = useless. That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options

Lol but defected you think everyone who is not wearing green is useless :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *Yawns*

Wow... I leave this thread trying to forget it and get wind that someone calls me out on a truth that I spoke. *sighs* And here I was attempting to leave everyone alone. I already said my piece. So why are you guys insisting on attacking me?

@defected:

You think everyone is useless <.< cept maybe others in Enrage.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I tend to think men who play womens characters are useless. They know nothing about pms... =USELESS! Oh and green is my favorite color so I have to agree with u on the green thingy... but that don't mean I like you b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Foxx, btw, I will take you up on that, but under MY circumstances. I want you NO WHERE near me.

I will screenshot me tanking a mob in Lunar Glade SQUAD. A mob of my choice, and using any method I want.

If you have an issue with it, your challenge is invalid.

Btw, my bear has all of the skills it originally came with, only modifying I have done is maxing out bash to level 5. No herc skills have been added. I'm not lucky enough to get one of those. Antigone farms those before anyone can xD

Signako will be there with me to help me open it, I won't buff up except my own. He will also video record it so that ALL can see and believe that I can do it.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    shes right, >_>; all end game venos need a herc. no arguing about it.

mobs in those FB99s/TT3-2, 3-3 may need an auxilary tank should an accident happen, and i guarentee you, theres no way in hell a hercless veno can do that job. mobs in TT3-2/3-3are stronger than FB89/99 bosses and TT3-1 bosses by quite a bit. same goes for attempted lunar squads, RB delta, frost etc.

hercless venos at 90+ are useless.

example:
    Twilight Cenequus in 3-3: (normal mob)
    Life
    2 025 933

Physical Attack
    9273 - 11333

Magic Attack
    12986 - 15872

Infernal Spikewing: (FB99 sage)
    Life
    2 649 511

Physical Attack
    4344 - 10135

Magic Attack
    4344 - 10135

compared to the something lame like:
    Chintien Substancia
    Life
    1 497 335

Physical Attack
    1571 - 4712

Magic Attack
    2356 - 7067

i wanna watch an armored bear try to tank the top two mobs.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *Rolls eyes*

I never claimed to be able to tank THOSE bosses. I said I tank TT bosses, you wanna get specific? Then I will tell you I DONT wanna tank those. I don't do rebirth, so why should I care if my bear can't tank those?

I'm happy with the way my character is and the pets I have. BTW, I'm a light armor veno too. Soon as we post up the video of me tanking the mob with no help, only Signako recording it, you will all get a link to it.

I am not an "end game" veno. I prefer to play the game for FUN not to rule the game. As I have already stated. So stop ripping me apart for trying to have fun and experimenting with the pets I have and just doing things I want to.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For those that want the stats of my armored bear, Ace:

Level: 87
    HP: 3037
    Phys Attack: 1569
    Damage: 1214
    Evade: 899
    Mdef: 7338
    Pdef: 7338
    Loyalty: Full 999/999

Skills:

Bash level 5
    Threaten level 2
    Pounce level 2
    Tough level 5
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options
    quick note, 'damage' = accuracy, bad localization error.

thats like the def of a magmite in its mid 70s, in which even then mine had a hard time tanking something like gouf or khewy.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    quick note, 'damage' = accuracy, bad localization error.

thats like the def of a magmite in its mid 70s, in which even then mine had a hard time tanking something like gouf or khewy.

I copied it directly from my pet stats, don't like it, talk to the devs about it not me. It says DAMAGE not ACCURACY.

So quit nitpicking you insane forum troll. Go spend time with your family.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options
    not nit picking, just making sure youre aware. geez some people over react to little stuff.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

I have to lol on that one.
    Thnx for the morning laugh b:laugh
    b:dirty
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    RAWR

Idk. This thread needs to die.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3FO3pdApc

There is the video of _River tanking a mob inside Lunar Squad Mode. Level 87 veno, and level 87 normal armored bear. No help, no buffs nothing, except her own power. The videos quality is low but shrinking a 1.17gig file(taking with fraps) and putting it on youtube will do that. The mob is level 90. So there you go, _River and myself are done with this post, she has proven she can tank a mob in squad mode, and she should not, and will not have to prove anything else. Also before you think its single mode, remember single mode monsters have higher level, and thus yellow to me. These are white which means Squad mode. So like we said we are done, talk all you want, but she has proven what she can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    And if any of you think I'm lying about the mode, if you have single mode unlocked, notice the difference in names.

Mirror = single mode.

Squad mode has no other significant name on the mobs.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    STICK THAT IN YOUR PEACE PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

A-freaking-men.

Now let's let this thread die
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Barbarian, Cleric, Blademaster, Archer and Wizard

The true classes of PWI

The combined lords of PvP and PvE
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A-freaking-men.

Now let's let this thread die

You no like men?
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You no like men?

lmao. My eyes are only on Signako ;) He's mah man hehe.b:cuteb:pleased
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options
    lmao. My eyes are only on Signako ;) He's mah man hehe.b:cuteb:pleased

jejeje you laff mermaid
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3FO3pdApc

There is the video of _River tanking a mob inside Lunar Squad Mode. Level 87 veno, and level 87 normal armored bear. No help, no buffs nothing, except her own power. The videos quality is low but shrinking a 1.17gig file(taking with fraps) and putting it on youtube will do that. The mob is level 90. So there you go, _River and myself are done with this post, she has proven she can tank a mob in squad mode, and she should not, and will not have to prove anything else. Also before you think its single mode, remember single mode monsters have higher level, and thus yellow to me. These are white which means Squad mode. So like we said we are done, talk all you want, but she has proven what she can do.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/15829 the mob you tanked is freakin weak as hell. thats like the equivalent of tanking gouf with an armored bear

goufs stats:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/4360

which is not impressive at all. heck most of the mobs you brag about tanking are weaker than or equivilent to 1-1 chintien squad mode. that goes for TT mobs, those lunar mobs, FB89 mobs... thats kind of a sad thing to brag about.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Foxx said a mob in lunar squad mode. Just because I can tank it doesn't mean its weak.

You are trying to find every way to discredit everything I say and do. Why can't you accept who I am and what I choose?

I know, because you're a forum troll. As you've said you take pleasure in pissing people off. Guess what? I'm not mad. But i do feel sorry for your wife and children.

And honestly, I'm not bragging. All I was pointing out was that it can be done with an armored bear. If i wanted to brag, I would give you something that I can brag about. But this isn't a show and tell contest. This is a, I was challenged and gave my proof.

You dont like it, tough. And btw, if you're gonna compare, get a mob with stats that are higher than Gouf's. That's hardly a comparison.

And I do tank MOBS in fb89 with that bear. I even tamed myself a rhinodrake and celestial hare with my bear tanking. Just because you can't believe that I do things without a herc doesn't mean that it can't be done. Can't you just accept what you see? Oh yeah... you can't. Cause you're a FORUM TROLL. Well I'm not paying your toll. So leave me alone and pick on some other veno for a change. Since you like dishing ****, why not pick on heavy venos while you're at it?
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/15829thats like the equivalent of tanking gouf with an armored bear

goufs stats:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/4360

i admire your visdomb:thanks(u surfing pwdatabase the whole time <.<?)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i admire your visdomb:thanks(u surfing pwdatabase the whole time <.<?)

It would seem that way since it took him SO long to reply to the video proof.

Now how in the world do we get a mod to close this freaking thread? Its getting old and I'm tired of the bashing on _River cause I don't want a herc thing that seems to be going around.

Mods for the love of all things holy, please CLOSE this thread
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It would seem that way since it took him SO long to reply to the video proof.

Now how in the world do we get a mod to close this freaking thread? Its getting old and I'm tired of the bashing on _River cause I don't want a herc thing that seems to be going around.

Mods for the love of all things holy, please CLOSE this thread

u... dont... want.... a.... HERC....._.
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    u... dont... want.... a.... HERC....._.
    yeah.. don't mind her

she's like a barb saying "I don't want to refine my armors it's a waste!" yet u can still be a decent tank/barb but u'll always be inferior to someone who refine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.