Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Comments

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I really don't have a problem with the swamp. I hate staying on my mount to do it (damage reduction blows for grinding speed), so I stay on the ground. But, like I said, get a good pair of robes, and even if your pet does unsummon, you don't have anything to worry about.

I was just trying to make a statement that venos don't have to be completely useless, not trying to give advice on how to play, really.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    that glitch is what people complain about, are you too **** to grasp that?
    Or you suck so much you cant imagine pvp without 1-shotting your oponent using a bug?

Sad common veno

Funny yet again. learn to play your chars and ppl wouldnt be going around getting 1-shotted as I said. If you and your friends are that reatarded to understand well theres no helping you. I suggest you read this post here it'll give you some insight
    A lvl 90 robe dies pretty easy to bleed from 70 nix if he/she is unbuffed and not paying attention on T lol. Seen 70 nix kill 90 robe many times.

The dmg from bleed should be around 1.2-1.4k per tick on 90 robe since bird only lvl 70 + pecks from the bird maybe 500-600. But that is more than enough to break hiero and than just throw a wood bomb to finish the last hp of.

If bird is lvl 95+ the bleed is 2.2-2.6k each tick on lvl 90 robe unbuffed ( depending on gear o/c) b:surrender. But i dunno any robes with enough HP to live thru that on LC atm.

I aggree but its also a far cry from being 1-shotted like ******* are claiming.
    This statement alone says it all and thanks for agreeing with me that they are at fault.
    A lvl 90 robe dies pretty easy to bleed from 70 nix if he/she is unbuffed and not paying attention on T lol.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Funny yet again. learn to play your chars and ppl wouldnt be going around getting 1-shotted as I said. If you and your friends are that reatarded to understand well theres no helping you. I suggest you read this post here it'll give you some insight

2k per tick + initial damage on a mage, that will leave them dead or very close to dead add a few pecks and ur done.
    ok wasnt 1 shot, bleed + 3 hits from nix.

Very fair uh?

Post a video of a mage somehow avoiding the 10 m/s pet while coming close, casting near the veno without getting bleed' and killing the veno before the pet gets to them, then tell me "learn".

Classic veno that says the soooo overused "learn to use your class" there's no way to avoid a 10 m/s bird that will rip you apart with a skill that's barely got any cooldown

Learn to play your class and stop depending on a skill bug, pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    2k per tick + initial damage on a mage, that will leave them dead or very close to dead add a few pecks and ur done.
    ok wasnt 1 shot, bleed + 3 hits from nix.

Very fair uh?

Post a video of a mage somehow avoiding the 10 m/s pet while coming close, casting near the veno without getting bleed' and killing the veno before the pet gets to them, then tell me "learn".

Classic veno that says the soooo overused "learn to use your class" there's no way to avoid a 10 m/s bird that will rip you apart with a skill that's barely got any cooldown

Learn to play your class and stop depending on a skill bug, pathetic.

Nix can be avoided if you use terrain and get it stuck on the ground. You just haffa be fast to do it and hope the veno doesn't recall and resend the pet before you get close enough to eat her.

~S
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    haha thats bad when you gotta hope to glitch the bird to avoid death

now i'm a barb so i haven't felt much pain by the nix veno bleed.. but if you have to hope for it to glitch to not die.. it sounds a bit over powered..

then again both legendary pets seem kinda OP.. I heard legendary used a herc to take vitas ironwill in the fight for etherblade.. something that is impossible for a barb to do because his aggro resets every time he roars.. roar stuns the barb and vitas aggros any healer.. 1 hitting the healer .. possibly 1 hitting a lot of the healers with aoe
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    So you gotta hope that the veno drops to the ground, they dont know basic pet recalling, hope that the pet gets stuck in the ground and the veno doesnt outrun you (hell fox form).

You basically gotta hope your veno opponent sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    So you gotta hope that the veno drops to the ground, they dont know basic pet recalling, hope that the pet gets stuck in the ground and the veno doesnt outrun you (hell fox form).

You basically gotta hope your veno opponent sucks.
    yup lol and sadly, many do.

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I heard legendary used a herc to take vitas ironwill in the fight for etherblade.. something that is impossible for a barb to do because his aggro resets every time he roars.. roar stuns the barb and vitas aggros any healer.. 1 hitting the healer .. possibly 1 hitting a lot of the healers with aoe

Legendary used multiple Hercs with reflect on them (like 20 or more, as they are a veno heavy faction and way short on barbs), sent them in to their deaths (1 shot killed by the boss) rezzed them, and sent them back in again. They chewed their pets loyalty to hell and back because otherwise they would have failed to take Etherblade at all w/o suiciding their hercs on the mob over and over and over and over and over and over again.

There was no 'tanking' done at all. Just suicide rushes by their pets because they couldn't do it themselves.

~S
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    meh i've heard about 50 different accounts of the story.. I was told by someone who watched it (or atleast said that they did) that they had 9 hercs attacking.. 1 of which was tanking.. the herc did not lose aggro on roar because the veno heal does not pull aggro (or so I was told.. but I swear it does from watching my girlfriend play her veno..)

I was also told that reflect has an hour cooldown so cannot be spammed on res.. (I am not a veno.. so I can't confirm or deny any of this.. as I said i've heard countless different stories of how they did it.. and until a video surfaces of it noone but the people who were there know the truth.. not you or me or most of the people talking about it)

All of these stories sound somewhat ridiculous to me.. the fact that the venos could keep ressing their hercs and sending it in quick enough to not pull vitas at all.. or the fact that a herc can sit there tanking it with like 20 venos healing it because his aggro did not reset on roar and he doesn't rampage all over the healers then.. i dunno what to believe
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    meh i've heard about 50 different accounts of the story.. I was told by someone who watched it (or atleast said that they did) that they had 9 hercs attacking.. 1 of which was tanking.. the herc did not lose aggro on roar because the veno heal does not pull aggro (or so I was told.. but I swear it does from watching my girlfriend play her veno..)

From the testing I've done, yes veno heal pulls aggro. Furthermore, when your pet dies, any aggro it generated is wiped out, but the aggro you generated from healing remains. If you've been healing for a while, even if you manage to revive the herc or pull out another pet, it's not going to be able to pull aggro off the veno (unless it has roar).
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    why 15,000 hits on thie topic stop giving this topic more than its worth please.
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

I was also told that reflect has an hour cooldown so cannot be spammed on res.. (I am not a veno.. so I can't confirm or deny any of this.. as I said i've heard countless different stories of how they did it.. and until a video surfaces of it noone but the people who were there know the truth.. not you or me or most of the people talking about it)

All of these stories sound somewhat ridiculous to me.. the fact that the venos could keep ressing their hercs and sending it in quick enough to not pull vitas at all.. or the fact that a herc can sit there tanking it with like 20 venos healing it because his aggro did not reset on roar and he doesn't rampage all over the healers then.. i dunno what to believe

Veno heal pulls agro. Whoever told you it doesn't is fulla chit. If the pet HAS the agro, then it won't, but trust me, been plenty of times i've been healing my pet when another mob agro'd it from outside the initial fight, and because my pet hadn't damaged it, that mob switched agro onto me.

Hercs Reflect has a cooldown time of 3 seconds and can be triggered every three seconds. Hercs Reflect LASTS for an hour though w/o needing to be recast unless the pet is stowed or dies. 20 Veno's healing 1 herc won't keep it alive with the damage Vitas does in one hit. Not a chance. I think they simply chained it to death by sending the Hercs in one after the other in a line of reflecting death............................ <---- just like those periods.

~S
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Chaining 20 hercs seems believable to me. You gotta get your pet ressed, buffed and healed in the time it takes 19 more to die in one hit. Seems easy...but I'm not familiar with that boss you guys are talking about.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    vitas ironwill is lane c boss in level 2 TWs.. he uses a BMs lion roar skill (aoe stun) and then aggro resets.. so whatever WAS attacking him cannot pull aggro back very quickly.. he has a very nasty damage aoe as well .. he also runs really fast.. on pace with a BMs cloud sprint i believe.. if legendary could time their hercs so they were out of the stun and got to attack before vitas got in aoe range of the venos.. kudos to them
  • Nakedpony - Heavens Tear
    Nakedpony - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think that venos are nice but the thing about venos is if you can beat their pet then they are pretty much dead which is nice for those who have ranged attacks. I do agree and I believe that we need something cool. Its not fair that when venos get a phoniex they own all, and don't try to correct me on that, with a phoniex and even a herc a veno can beat pretty much anything.

I am not sure exactly what item they would be able to purchase but it must be equal to the phoniex/herc. Like maybe for barbs give them some super powered armor or something that made them nearly immortal, lol that would be nice although I always have preffered attack.

Oh yeah, on a random note, I think wizards need a pet of some such. Wizards are amazing and I think that maybe the thing wizards can buy is a pet. Not exactly like the herc or phoniex but less powerful like a pet a veno could get by taming one.

So I say that either we [the other classes] get something cool, useful, and powerful from the boutique or they either get rid off or make the herc/phoniex less powerful. Another option would be to make the legendary pets all-class, I'd assume many venos are against that though (and by all-class I mean not the ones that just follow you around but all class so that it actually attacks). I suppose you could also make the all-class pets attack.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if ur pet dies in 1 hit...

wtf is the point in healing it?
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2009

I do not have enough exps for this, but...

target phoenix
    Gush (level 10 probably sets phoenix speed 6m/s for 8 seconds)
    Will of Phoenix (phoenix's travel time will now be somewhere between 3 and 6 seconds)
    target fox
    nuke (perhaps using essential sutra and an apothecary focus item)

You would need to be level 75 for level 10 will of phoenix, but you were level 82?

You will need to run this sequence manually, with some careful turning and so on, but... you can do this? You can practice?

Somewhere in there you should probably use distance shrink. Where, and when, would depend on where you all were. One possibility would be: gush, distance shrink past phoenix, ...

Or... if you need extra time, maybe you could part way through switch targets again, and use force of will on your target's phoenix?

Or... if you are flying and your battlefield geometry favors this tactic... you could probably kill her phoenix.

Or... I can think of some other possibilities...
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've seen wizards/archers killing the phoenix before it gets to them, also in a pvp server I could easly drop out of air randomly n start spamming that veno with skills and such.. Or I could hide behinde something and easly ninja them ect lots of ways to kill the veno..My level or few levels higher of course.

As an archer I could use aim low on the phoenix and time my stunning arrow and frost arrow then use knock back and in that time frame unload on the veno themself, also if I had my skills maxed and my demon books aswell as my 79 skills I could use a skill (forget the name) that increases my speed hugely and run back for a great distance from me n phoenix n aim low again..It is of course theory and what not, just an idea of how I could maybe go about killing a veno with a phoenix, not saying it will work and every archer should try it just an idea of how I'd try an do it.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I do not have enough exps for this, but...

target phoenix
    Gush (level 10 probably sets phoenix speed 6m/s for 8 seconds)
    Will of Phoenix (phoenix's travel time will now be somewhere between 3 and 6 seconds)
    target fox
    nuke (perhaps using essential sutra and an apothecary focus item)

You would need to be level 75 for level 10 will of phoenix, but you were level 82?

You will need to run this sequence manually, with some careful turning and so on, but... you can do this? You can practice?

Somewhere in there you should probably use distance shrink. Where, and when, would depend on where you all were. One possibility would be: gush, distance shrink past phoenix, ...

Or... if you need extra time, maybe you could part way through switch targets again, and use force of will on your target's phoenix?

Or... if you are flying and your battlefield geometry favors this tactic... you could probably kill her phoenix.

Or... I can think of some other possibilities...

You forget that venos have an almost instant stun and gush is not a 100% chance and nix can cast the bleed from 1~2 meters distance.
    A veno can kite forever it's impossible to catch up if you're avoiding a nix specially considering the hell veno speed boost for 89+
    It's impossible to kill the nix before it kills you unless you're a barb or bm, the veno wont stand around watching you fight the nix btw.

You would require perfect timing, success chance on gush, hope the nix never gets ~2 meters from you, hope the veno never stuns you and hope the veno doesnt kite.

Not viable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think that venos are nice but the thing about venos is if you can beat their pet then they are pretty much dead which is nice for those who have ranged attacks. I do agree and I believe that we need something cool. Its not fair that when venos get a phoniex they own all, and don't try to correct me on that, with a phoniex and even a herc a veno can beat pretty much anything.

I am not sure exactly what item they would be able to purchase but it must be equal to the phoniex/herc. Like maybe for barbs give them some super powered armor or something that made them nearly immortal, lol that would be nice although I always have preffered attack.

Oh yeah, on a random note, I think wizards need a pet of some such. Wizards are amazing and I think that maybe the thing wizards can buy is a pet. Not exactly like the herc or phoniex but less powerful like a pet a veno could get by taming one.

So I say that either we [the other classes] get something cool, useful, and powerful from the boutique or they either get rid off or make the herc/phoniex less powerful. Another option would be to make the legendary pets all-class, I'd assume many venos are against that though (and by all-class I mean not the ones that just follow you around but all class so that it actually attacks). I suppose you could also make the all-class pets attack.

Stop crying "it's not fair". Want fair? Start a letter writing campaign to get Flesh Ream fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Wasnt it fixed in china already? it should be a matter of time.

Hopefully before the next decade b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited March 2009
    Wasnt it fixed in china already? it should be a matter of time.

Hopefully before the next decade b:surrender

See you do not listen. I told you already that they had fixed it once but then returned it. Hell you have been given more than enough ways for you and your friends to deal with the bleed. Do us all a favor go scurry under your rock.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Do us all a favor and stop depending on a buged skill.

Funny you ignored last posts in which all your arguments got rolled b:chuckle

Just another pathetic bug dependent veno b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hmmm weird.

8x lc(pk server) veno agrees that the bug makes it overpowered and should be fixed
    8x ht(tea-party) veno doesnt agree and says we can somehow avoid it and pwn the veno coz yeah, they'll just stand there waiting.

And they say the pvp players are the bad ones.

Wish we had more venos like lessie and less like miatemaro b:surrender
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
    edited March 2009
    hmmm weird.

8x lc(pk server) veno agrees that the bug makes it overpowered and should be fixed
    8x ht(tea-party) veno doesnt agree and says we can somehow avoid it and pwn the veno coz yeah, they'll just stand there waiting.

And they say the pvp players are the bad ones.

Wish we had more venos like lessie and less like miatemaro b:surrender

So you like the whine till you get ur way crowds and not the crowd that learns how to play. WE dont need your kind around either.

Most people dont say PvP players are bad, just examples like you and lessie makes people think they are.
    Do us all a favor and stop depending on a buged skill.

Funny you ignored last posts in which all your arguments got rolled b:chuckle

Just another pathetic bug dependent veno b:cute

Again pull your head out from where the sun doesnt shine. No where have I been defending the bug. I have said before the bug needs to fixed period. However crying about the wrong thing and making **** up shows how bad and **** you are.

Unlike you I know what the bug is and that is what I want fixed. However in the meantime I am smart enough how not to die or dumb enough to cry when like you who cant figure it out.

You forget that venos have an almost instant stun and gush is not a 100% chance and nix can cast the bleed from 1~2 meters distance.
    A veno can kite forever it's impossible to catch up if you're avoiding a nix specially considering the hell veno speed boost for 89+
    It's impossible to kill the nix before it kills you unless you're a barb or bm, the veno wont stand around watching you fight the nix btw.

You would require perfect timing, success chance on gush, hope the nix never gets ~2 meters from you, hope the veno never stuns you and hope the veno doesnt kite.

Not viable.

You mean this post. I didnt ignore it at all. Its been explained several times over now and still refuse to hear the truth, so there was no need to explain it since you continue to refuse to see the truth.

The only arguements that have been crushed are yours and your whiny crowd on several occasions.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Examples like me and sophia that know something is bugged and require fix tells ppl that pvp players are bad? damn, we r soooo bad.

Btw I got a nix, I can send my OP bug abusing pet to 1 shot my enemies, but where's the fun in that? my skill build doesnt matter, my gear doesnt matter, just 1 skill from pet and enemy drops (mayb 1 or 2 spells for some) zomg that's soooo fun.
    My 'whining' is because my class is broken, we are overpowered because of this bug (which you deny) and I want it fixed because I want fair fights, not like your pathetic sad veno kind that requires a bug to win.

Venos like you make us all look bad.
    You claim it's fine, non-venos and just use a strategy (none of which can actually be done, or require a sucky veno opponent).
    +
    You dont want it fixed.
    =
    Pathetic
    I've yet to see a decent argument come from you, keep trying.
    "Learn your class" or "use this item which has a 30 sec cooldown and wont save u for more than 10 secs" aint n arguments btw

Next fail please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    OK, the constant bickering aside, anyone have any idea when they made the change, what the change was, and when it was reverted?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Examples like me and sophia that know something is bugged and require fix tells ppl that pvp players are bad? damn, we r soooo bad.

Btw I got a nix, I can send my OP bug abusing pet to 1 shot my enemies, but where's the fun in that? my skill build doesnt matter, my gear doesnt matter, just 1 skill from pet and enemy drops (mayb 1 or 2 spells for some) zomg that's soooo fun.
    My 'whining' is because my class is broken, we are overpowered because of this bug (which you deny) and I want it fixed because I want fair fights, not like your pathetic veno abusing kind that requires a bug to win.

Venos like you make us all look bad.
    You claim it's fine, non-venos and just use a strategy (none of which can actually be done, or require a sucky veno opponent).
    +
    You dont want it fixed.
    =
    Pathetic

You continue posting for us showing how dumb you really are. Want to thank you for that. Many others have shown how to do it, many none venos who suprising get this who happen to be other classed that you claim that can handle nixs. Like I said you keep whining and ignore everyones post and you'll stay as bad as you are.

For someone who is claiming you want fair fights. Dont send your nix is you feel that bad about it. Oh thats right your a hypocrit. You are the pathetic veno, who claims one thing and does the other. Thats by your own admission.

By making such wrong and full of BS claims like you continue to do over and over you show why you and your friends are fail. Ecspecial when you cant even read simple forum post.

I have won more fights then you will ever dream of winning. I want the damage reduction bug fixed too as I have stated several times before.

Go ahead keep up the fail while the rest of us laugh at you.

OK, the constant bickering aside, anyone have any idea when they made the change, what the change was, and when it was reverted?

No idea on when, just that its been mentioned several times. They had supposedly reduced the bleed damage then reverted it back.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    You continue posting the same BS b:laugh , to have fair fights with other venos do I have to pm them and ask them not to use nix nicely btw?

Still no decent argument from you

Follow your own advice
    Go ahead keep up the fail while the rest of us laugh at you.
    Next ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    LoL @ miat's fail posts.
    I hope you and zoe are special fail cases from HT and that the usual veno isnt like that.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
This discussion has been closed.