Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Comments

• TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People that say "just use a purify pot" or "make up a strategy"
    obviously never pvped a 80+ phoenix <.<

Its not possible to click pots (or try other ****) when you're chainstunned for 6 sec. Ure dead before u even get to click the pot. If im fully buffed i can survive like 2 BM + another 90+ ea attacking me ...but just 1 lvl 85+ nix kills me in couple sec b/c of bleed. Thats how big the difference in dmg is.

Ive tried most pots lol. And only pot that works somewhat is the 6 second invincible pot that also removes bleed (that only certain guilds have access to b/c of land).

Than u have 8 second (than bleed cooldown is over) to kill the veno once the stun is gone...but most players in light or robe dont have have high enough def + hp to tank nix + survive first bleed for 6 sec.

And its really not easy to kill a pvp build veno in 8 sec..specially when they have 15 meters movement speed (most 89+ venos are hell). Crazy def in foxform. Most veno will, when they realised u didn't die and bleed got cured, just go foxform and kite the **** out of you. Than send in nix to bleed u again. To bad you cant pop another pop, they have 30 sec cooldown and bleed only 8 b:bye

Its easier for me to kill another 90+ archer than killing a 90+ veno WITHOUT its pet lol. LA Venos have alot more hp and tanking ability b/c of foxform, being able to add spare points into vita, and speed than 90+ archers. They can tank several people and kite ...so gl killing that til u get bleed again.

Next patch with genies will give 2 anti bleedskills
    1: makes u bleed immune
    2: purify bleed

Next week PW-CN will get the patch with genies, so im sure we get it pretty soon. Hopefully this will make pvp a bit more balanced. Cuz its just lame atm.
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    After going through countless threads with ppl crying about venos and phoenixes with 'bleed' (the pet skill has a name, learn it) being overpowered, is it me or does it seem like its mostly anyone who rolls an archer in pvp that does most of the whining about phoenixes with flesh ream being overpowering?

Maybe they got frustrated after being killed by one several times too many while doing their world quests, whether it be on the LC server or in pk mode on one of the PvE servers? Or they decided to try a hit on a veno from an opposing guild for the lol's. Then got outranged by the veno and her (or his) phoenix, perhaps? Not that I have a phoenix so I wouldn't know...

Yet.

b:chuckle

And then there's the herc. The buff skills it has truely makes it the best pet to use and solo in TW/FB runs.

But its not immortal. It can still die just like any other veno pet and player if overwhelmed enough by the attacking mobs.

b:chuckle

I'm done with saying what all I have to say for now b:laugh
    Retired b:bye
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It's not just the archers, mages and clerics are also easy kills for nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would say that Venos have some advatages over others but are not overpowered.I would say a BM or Barb going up vs a Veno would win.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would say that Venos have some advatages over others but are not overpowered.I would say a BM or Barb going up vs a Veno would win.

People who don't bother reading shouldn't say something so bold.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People who don't bother reading shouldn't say something so bold.
    Except it's usually true. BM stun locks a veno and her pet. Veno is dead. Barb runs a Veno down and Veno is dead. The pet might be fast, but i've seen a Barb outrun mine to me and toast me before the pet even got off a shot. I was quite shocked LOL. I had thought I had got the jump on him but he saw me coming rofl.

~S
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Bm and barb are the only ones who stand a chance (unless it's 89+ veno)
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just did a TW for the hell of it. I saw no need to use flesh ream on my phoenix. I used bash and took down every class a few times. Of course with the way you guys try to fight in this game its not like its hard to kill you in the first place....
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    <---- thinks purge,hercs and phoenixs should be eliminated forever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Zoe what guild you in?
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just did a TW for the hell of it. I saw no need to use flesh ream on my phoenix. I used bash and took down every class a few times. Of course with the way you guys try to fight in this game its not like its hard to kill you in the first place....

I highly doubt any of that is true, I mean you claim molded 3x equips ftw and bms with stun are noobs and clerics that heal are noobs.
    Btw didnt you say pvping is like rl murder? doesnt that mean you just commit rl murder in tw holy **** bad bad zoe...
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    omg zoe would be a serial killer if we follow her logic
    b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• ruoan
    ruoan Posts: 2
    edited March 2009
    Its somewhat ridiculous, venomancers shouldnt even be fighting in pvp, just debuff other ppl, that should be their role in it, which is really important.
    They are pve characters and those pets and mounts and their skills are made to be used in pve not pvp. The thing is that this dmg from pets wasnt reduced in pvp, thats why they can kill, which they really shouldnt be able to do.
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That post about venomancers shouldnt be able to fight isn't the smartest post I've seen on there.. If you can use spells to kill a mob you can use them to kill anothr player, the pets will also kill the opponet.. Seems perfectly fine to me.. People are just mad that they get owned by a phoenix o.o

If its bugged, fix it. that should be the only complaint :)
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Venomancers should be able to fight and have pets attack people.
    Venomancers shouldnt be able to abuse a skill bug to 1 shot robe & light armor users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• ruoan
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, like hell, this way they can have everything, money, exp, pvp points. I would like to be here when (if this wont be fixed) in about half of a year everyone on this server will play veno because they can do preety much everything from tanking, gathering a LOT of money to pking everyone and everything.

Haha, yes they should be able to attack ppl, but shouldnt be able to walk away as a winner.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I heard it got fixed in china, it'll get here someday b:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    ruoan wrote: »
    Haha, yes they should be able to attack ppl, but shouldnt be able to walk away as a winner.
    Oooo I see, we should be able to attack you, but then you should be able to kill us with ease.

Right, now I get it. Your just pissed off because your fat easy target isn't so easy any more and you actually have to think of ways to kill them other than whap whap whap hah hah I pwnd you no0b Veno!!! Your dead! Hah Ha!

Now you have to think about how your going to kill us, or even if you CAN kill us. That's what the whole problem is.

btw ruoan. Pets DO get a PvP attack reduction. That one skill ( Flesh Ream ) on the other hand doesn't and is what needs to be fixed.

~Saitada

*edit* And by your logic, extended, clerics shouldn't PvP because their job is only to heal. Use your brain for something other than a paper weight. You might actually do more than wash dishes in life if you do.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I heard it got fixed in china, it'll get here someday b:victoryb:victory

what? b:question
  • ruoan
    edited March 2009
    Well, i wasnt really killed by any veno yet, but whatever.
    Im saying that they are/should be like clerics, but the other way. Assisting not fighting.
    Oh, so you really want to offend me, eh?
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Except it's usually true. BM stun locks a veno and her pet. Veno is dead. Barb runs a Veno down and Veno is dead. The pet might be fast, but i've seen a Barb outrun mine to me and toast me before the pet even got off a shot. I was quite shocked LOL. I had thought I had got the jump on him but he saw me coming rofl.

~S

barbs and bms on moving speed celepills run fast but these tricks only work if the veno is caught off guard. what usually happens is that veno hits first so she kills. i think the first hit advantage is fair to all classes.

phoenix is awesome but also very vulnerable to seals. in other words, venos are still easy targets to clerics. they're just considerably stronger against barbs/bms. archers can still fight the pet and, with some luck, kill. to wizards nothing changes because once pet stuns a wizard it's over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Well, i wasnt really killed by any veno yet, but whatever.
    Im saying that they are/should be like clerics, but the other way. Assisting not fighting.
    Oh, so you really want to offend me, eh?
    Every class in this game is designed to PvP. Not be some little back seat **** wiper for the other classes like you seem to think they should.

EACH and EVERY class is designed to kill you. Regardless of what class you are. Some do it better than others. We each have our strengths and weaknesses in PvP, but we each are designed to PvP.

~Saitada

p.s. In your case, for me to be able to say something that would offend you would require me to stop thinking and descend to your intellectual level and capacity. That is a lot lower than I ever care to go.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    barbs and bms on moving speed celepills run fast but these tricks only work if the veno is caught off guard. what usually happens is that veno hits first so she kills. i think the first hit advantage is fair to all classes.

phoenix is awesome but also very vulnerable to seals. in other words, venos are still easy targets to clerics. they're just considerably stronger against barbs/bms. archers can still fight the pet and, with some luck, kill. to wizards nothing changes because once pet stuns a wizard it's over.
    I have often felt Wizards need a good buffing in this game.

~S
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Venomancers shouldnt be able to abuse a skill bug to 1 shot robe & light armor users.

Or better yet how about those robe and light armors users pull there heads outa there rear ends and learn something. Ill repeat this for you. A nix using that so called skill bug vs anyone at the same lvl will not 1 shot either on its own.

If they are running around at such pathetic lvls of health they deserve to die. Plain and simple. Ppl need to actually start learning how to play the game and stop whining.

OBTW it was supposedly fixed and then changed back. Cant wait for the genies to get here either as the veno hate is gonna get double the whining.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Or better yet how about those robe and light armors users pull there heads outa there rear ends and learn something. Ill repeat this for you. A nix using that so called skill bug vs anyone at the same lvl will not 1 shot either on its own.
    As 7x my nix was able to beat a 9x robe mage with hell shield and g7 pdef shards, molded robes 4 sockets ea.
    This mage was able to beat bms and barbs of her level btw and is well known in LC, I'll avoid giving names coz I respect her, if it wasnt for the bug I would stand no chance.
    Of course the mage could 1 shot me, but as long as I kite I would win.

Rest of ur post is typical noob veno BS.

Btw please post a video of "how to play" please teach me how will a mage or archer somehow pwn me when my pet flies faster than them, does **** insane damage and I can stay out of their range.
    Oh and dont give me the typical "just use this X item that's not easy to obtain in large ammounts" or do "X and Y strategy that is impossible to complete coz the nix is faster than any flying mount".
    Post a video or a group of SS and teach us all how to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• ruoan
    edited March 2009
    I would really want to look at your holy, awesome, higher lvl of consciousness being, lil ***** saitada.
    I would soo **** you up.
  • DieWalkure - Sanctuary
    DieWalkure - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    you know i do notice the missing alot thing with my archer

drives me up the wall when every single one of stun/slow skills misses and i get torn apart in close combat by a mob

the miss rate seems awfully convient sometimes with 98% chance to hit i dont expect to miss 4 times in a row
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I would really want to look at your holy, awesome, higher lvl of consciousness being, lil ***** saitada.
    I would soo **** you up.
    Me....

Come to Hawai'i, I'll feed you to the sharks. b:laughb:laugh On second thought, I wouldn't poison the sharks that way.

sammaui1.jpg

~S
  • ruoan
    edited March 2009
    Ok, pm me with your adresse *****, we will have a small "talk".
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Ok, pm me with your adresse *****, we will have a small "talk".
    rofl. You really ain't to bright are you? lol. How old are you? 19? 20? less? Your about as bright as a burnt out light bulb if you think anyone is actually dumb enough to give out their real life address over the internet to some wanna be tough guy that has more testosterone than brains. If you knocked on my door, you'd go to jail after I beat your **** for showing up. Are you really that stupid? Yeah I guess so LOL.

Have a nice day dumbass. your priceless.

~S

P.S. The 'address' I gave you... doesn't even exist. But I did forward everything you wrote to PWI LOL. Dumbass.
This discussion has been closed.