Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Comments

• Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ahh o well paid 250$ mid aswell abuse the dang thing, lmao.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yet the funny thing is its not even the skill that is glitched. Its the damage reduction that is glitched. They are just to damn **** to learn anything.

If a skill should have DR for PvP, but it doesn't then that skill is bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    At the risk of getting unpopular i say that even without the bugged bleed skill the nix is still disproportionately strong. Without mentioning its insane attack speed and damage its defensive qualities are sick. Together with its movement speed, its not possible for wizards and archers to keep it at a distance for even one second and the only way to escape is to drop to the ground and hope he gets stuck. Nevertheless, you will usually bleed to death.
    And the worst part beside the bugged bleed is the stun that surpasses all the BM stuns, since is doesn't cost the veno any chi, can be set while the veno is attacking, will never miss, since the nix' attack is magical and and be extended by the 2 second veno stun that also never misses.

The veno class was very well balanced, but then the battle pets came...

Now they can solo TT in squad mode, by bypassing the drop rate reduction and substance fee and dominate PvP by doing nothing but clicking the 'send pet' button and kite away.

And btw: Many venos complain about all the veno hate but let me make something clear. Its not the herc or the nix or any of the many other advantages of a venomancer that causes all the hatethreads and enraged responses, but the arrogance shown by some venos that got a little megalomaniac...

"Learn how to play your class. With a little tactic you can beat us" - "lolol, if venos are so imba, go and reroll a veno"

Sry but people that think the way to play their class is sending their pet in and kite are not in the position to tell me how to play my class and comments like that cause my pulse to quicken and make me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
    edited March 2009
    You people won't stop complaining until the veno's pet is a yellow bouncy ball that only has auto-attack and dies with one shot, and even then you'll complain that the veno won't die just because you looked in their general direction.

At the risk of getting unpopular i say that even without the bugged bleed skill the nix is still disproportionately strong. Without mentioning its insane attack speed and damage its defensive qualities are sick. Together with its movement speed, its not possible for wizards and archers to keep it at a distance for even one second and the only way to escape is to drop to the ground and hope he gets stuck. Nevertheless, you will usually bleed to death.
    And the worst part beside the bugged bleed is the stun that surpasses all the BM stuns, since is doesn't cost the veno any chi, can be set while the veno is attacking, will never miss, since the nix' attack is magical and and be extended by the 2 second veno stun that also never misses.

Now they can solo TT in squad mode, by bypassing the drop rate reduction and substance fee and dominate PvP by doing nothing but clicking the 'send pet' button and kite away.

And btw: Many venos complain about all the veno hate but let me make something clear. Its not the herc or the nix or any of the many other advantages of a venomancer that causes all the hatethreads and enraged responses, but the arrogance shown by some venos that got a little megalomaniac...

"Learn how to play your class. With a little tactic you can beat us" - "lolol, if venos are so imba, go and reroll a veno"

Sry but people that think the way to play their class is sending their pet in and kite are not in the position to tell me how to play my class and comments like that cause my pulse to quicken and make me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    You people won't stop complaining until the veno's pet is a yellow bouncy ball that only has auto-attack and dies with one shot, and even then you'll complain that the veno won't die just because you looked in their general direction.

I strongly doubt it but even if you are right, this is not a valid reason to leave the phoenix as it obviously is - overpowered.
    edited March 2009
    I strongly doubt it but even if you are right, this is not a valid reason to leave the phoenix as it obviously is - overpowered.

Yes, it's obviously overpowered because everyone knows how effective it is without Flesh Ream bypassing PvP damage reductions, right? *rolls eyes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yet the funny thing is its not even the skill that is glitched. Its the damage reduction that is glitched. They are just to damn **** to learn anything.

that glitch is what people complain about, are you too **** to grasp that?
    Or you suck so much you cant imagine pvp without 1-shotting your oponent using a bug?

Sad common veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009

@Paragraph 1
    Dropping to the ground works exceedingly well combined with using potions, with decent gear you can get away almost always. The phoenix stun CAN miss, only has 80% to hit. Veno stun can miss too. So thats just bull-doodie.

The rest of your post is subjective. Mainly wanted to point out how wrong you are about veno stuns being godly.
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    The venos stun triggers with a chance of 95% at lvl 10. Archers and BMs stun has 90% on lvl 10, but since they are physical, additional to the natural fail chance the attack can miss. Thats the difference between magical and physical stuns, i tried to point out.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I hate to break it to you but your 9x robe should just uninstall the game then. Or she let you win. Your post are the typical QQ BS of dont get better instead cry so they make it easier for you to play. Your right about not giving you the usual tips because no matter what you wont listen.

Items not that easy to obtain, they are ridiculous easy to obtain. Once again going back to learn the frakking game. Ofcourse then again it must have been everyones imagination when Enrage beat TRIAD who uses lots of so called invincible NIXs. Yes TRIAD DOES HAVE HIGH LEVEL VENOES WITH HIGH LEVEL NIXS.

A lvl 90 robe dies pretty easy to bleed from 70 nix if he/she is unbuffed and not paying attention on T lol. Seen 70 nix kill 90 robe many times.

The dmg from bleed should be around 1.2-1.4k per tick on 90 robe since bird only lvl 70 + pecks from the bird maybe 500-600. But that is more than enough to break hiero and than just throw a wood bomb to finish the last hp of.

If bird is lvl 95+ the bleed is 2.2-2.6k each tick on lvl 90 robe unbuffed ( depending on gear o/c) b:surrender. But i dunno any robes with enough HP to live thru that on LC atm.
  • sephere
    sephere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the people that complain bout them being over powered - should re roll and get a phoenix then.

If your complaining bout A PHOENIX skill glitch then say that instead of 'venomancers are OP'..Complain bout a glitched skill thats it.

uh, no not talking about a skill glitch, talking about the stats.
    The herc and phoenix are the best in the game not only because of there skills, but because they have the best stats of pets.

Course, they are cash shop, so I suppose the herc/nix are suppose to be overpowered

But, no I don't think that venos themselves are overpowered
    edited March 2009
    The venos stun triggers with a chance of 95% at lvl 10. Archers and BMs stun has 90% on lvl 10, but since they are physical, additional to the natural fail chance the attack can miss. Thats the difference between magical and physical stuns, i tried to point out.

So what? BM's have three stuns. Archers have insane hit% due to insanely high dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Disadvantages:
    - They miss more than they should (?)
    - Completely unable to solo higher-level bosses, at least not without being at a level far above the boss
    - High damage can grab aggro from bosses, thus leading to instant death - this forces archers to hold themselves back on bosses
    - Only class without an HP recovery ability

1, I dont miss much being a pure dex archer and if i do, the next attack is a crit and the person/mob is dead.

2, since when do archers need to solo bosses? Thats more of a veno thing...

3, smart archers know when and how to attack bosses to not steal agro.(like me b:victory)

4, im not 100% sure on this one, but i dont think barbs have an hp recovery. but may be wrong b:surrender

anyways I dont think venos are over powered. Legendary pets? Who cares, if they pay for it, they deserve it. Its almost the same thing as saying "oh he has immaculate shards in his armor, hes overpowered" if the person can afford such things, they deserve the power that somes with it. b:pleased

edit- about ur comment on the bottom- you said urself that archers can 1-2hot venos with herc or not. I beat my hubby all the time and he has both of them. I consider a venos pet their weopon. I could care less if i got a 200$ item, hell it might make every other class "over powered" could u imagine an archer attacking u with high crit with a pet? Its not the same, a veno is almost useless without their weopon (pet) Altho heavy venos can fair well without one in pvp, a pet is just an added bonus at that point ^^ Anyways...venos are NOT overpowered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
    edited March 2009
    You want the best? Gotta pay for it.

VENO Themselves are not near OP, I can 1 shot venos my level n prob bout 10 levels higher deppending on there gear n HP n build..

Every class has there perks and every class has there downs, Wanna be OP? then re-roll as a venomancer n get a phoenix.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009

edit- about ur comment on the bottom- you said urself that archers can 1-2hot venos with herc or not. I beat my hubby all the time and he has both of them. I consider a venos pet their weopon. I could care less if i got a 200$ item, hell it might make every other class "over powered" could u imagine an archer attacking u with high crit with a pet? Its not the same, a veno is almost useless without their weopon (pet) Altho heavy venos can fair well without one in pvp, a pet is just an added bonus at that point ^^ Anyways...venos are NOT overpowered.

Don't respond to a thread you did not bother to read...

-venos can do fine without pets.
    -a pet should be an addition to the veno, but not be able to kill light armors and robes alone
    -atm most venos only fight with their phoenixes. The veno itself has become something like a camera attachment point. And nobody can tell me that this is they way, venos are supposed to be played.
  • sephere
    sephere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009

uh, maybe on lower level stuff or people, but any class can do fine on lower level stuff
    higher levels stuff we're squishy just like anyone
    -a pet should be an addition to the veno, but not be able to kill light armors and robes alone
    -atm most venos only fight with their phoenixes. The veno itself has become something like a camera attachment point. And nobody can tell me that this is they way, venos are supposed to be played.

yeah the cash shop pets are overpowered, perhaps

a veno with regular pet is not, I have to keep healing my pets if I don't join in to kill the target
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And you have been sitting on your brain for how long? You are ignorant of the class if you think Veno's can do fine w/o their pets. That single statement alone is so stupid you should go out and cut your own throat for it because your obviously not smart enough to do anything in life except pick your nose.

My god how much of a dumb **** are you anyway?

~Saitada

*edit* Tell ya what.. why don't you roll one and try getting to level 70 without a pet. See how well you do. When your done, come back and eat crow.
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    And you have been sitting on your brain for how long? You are ignorant of the class if you think Veno's can do fine w/o their pets. That single statement alone is so stupid you should go out and cut your own throat for it because your obviously not smart enough to do anything in life except pick your nose.

My god how much of a dumb **** are you anyway?

~Saitada

*edit* Tell ya what.. why don't you roll one and try getting to level 70 without a pet. See how well you do. When your done, come back and eat crow.

Instead of insulting me, read my other posts...

My statement about venos without pets was only PvP related, especially 1 on 1-wise. I apologize for my inaccurate statement and the misunderstanding it caused.
    PvP wise, venos CAN do fine without pets. I've seen in on lost city and it was quite entertaining.

EDIT: Hmm, i reconsidered my thoughts, and ... idk... This was more like a statement like 'with the right tactic the nix isn't a problem'. You better ignore it.
    edited March 2009

Hey, I like my veno being a "camera attachment point" for my wondrous walking wall of death, doom and destruction which dismantles everything in it's path. I can med while it destroys the mob for me without having to lift a finger to do anything. I could even give it boost so it could heal itself! Just stand around looting what it kills for my veno, the camera attachment point through which I get to watch it's magnificently destructive romp through the mobs of Perfect World.

We are talking about my mage veno's wondrous walking wall of death, doom and destruction, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I did read it the post. PVE venos cant do **** without a pet. I agree with Saitada. Plus i said HEAVY venos can fair well without a pet....but i still kill them fast b:chuckle and how many heavy venos u see out there anyways?

Also, your talking about venos being overpowered when they are killed so easily? I cant touch a cleric, spam heal iron heart on themselves b4 a duel and I never win. Clerics are hard to beat not venos.

and like i said, if everyother class got a 200$ item/s every class BESIDES the veno would be overpowerd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    200$ spent in light armor/robe will still get **** by nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited March 2009
    200$ spent in light armor/robe will still get **** by nix.

So, a phoenix without Flesh Ream will wipe out a LA armor/robe user?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    So, a phoenix without Flesh Ream will wipe out a LA armor/robe user?

Not without the bugged skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• PhantomDrake - Sanctuary
    PhantomDrake - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well i completely agree with the fact that venos r overpowered.....being BM i'v tried to PvP venos many times....even though i hit em pretty hard i always get 60% back coz of Bramble Guard....so even if the veno doesn't attack i still get hurt...and when the veno does attacks (mag attacks+pet attacks) BMs(low mag defence) hardly stand a chance unless we get a Crit b:cry

so if any1 can argue with this staement u are more than welcome to b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Instead of insulting me, read my other posts...

My statement about venos without pets was only PvP related, especially 1 on 1-wise. I apologize for my inaccurate statement and the misunderstanding it caused.
    PvP wise, venos CAN do fine without pets. I've seen in on lost city and it was quite entertaining.

EDIT: Hmm, i reconsidered my thoughts, and ... idk... This was more like a statement like 'with the right tactic the nix isn't a problem'. You better ignore it.
    When people think, and form good tactics, yes much is possible. I haven't read to much of this thread after stopping dealing with it a week ago so must have missed your comments. GOOD tactics can almost always destroy poor tactics (unless the numbers are too far skewed).

PvE wise, a Veno needs her pet. PvP wise, the pet is both needed and not needed. I know thats a confusing statement but it really is true. A good veno can get by w/o her pet if she knows her class well and is good at PvP. But she doesn't do well w/o her pet in reality because the pet is like our right arm, w/o it we just ain't whole.

Sadly, Nix Veno's have abused the Flesh Ream bug... even myself, I LOVE killing someone who attacks me thinking they pwnd a Veno till my Nix comes out and they run like a little bytch and die - or they do pwn me and I die (which happens sometimes) lol.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired and not thinking clearly and rambling so..

Sorry for being insulting, had I read your other posts I would have understood your reference, but not having read them I jumped to an erroneous conclusion and snapped at you.

~Saitada
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Actually speaking of pve, a veno doesn't need her pet. That is if your a heavy fox veno. But I know your speaking as a typical veno, and us heavy fox, are not typical at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
    edited March 2009
    If I ninja the veno I can win...deppending on there HP :) mawuhhahahahha..Anyways I think clerics are OP kk? they can heal themselfs lets QQ bout that now..Venos are boringgggggg

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I did read it the post. PVE venos cant do **** without a pet. I agree with Saitada.

As much as I hate to argue... PVE venos can work without a pet. I'm sure by now we all know about the Swamp of the Wraiths glitch. Pets that unsummon themselves? Now, that might send most venos cowering in terror, but a veno with a good pair of robes can fight in there. Most of the mobs are casters. Yes, you're going to get hit a bit. You'll probably have to use a few pots or so. Basically, you are forced to become a Wizard, without the damage that Wizards put out. Not impossible. As for other areas, a good LA fox veno can handle a simple Melee mob like nobody's business. Befuddling Mist, and Leech. Again, you'll have to use a few pots here and there. As long as you really know your Veno, you can do almost anything you want sans pet. Now, as for soloing FB's, and TT's, don't even think about it. Unless you're doing an FB several, several levels below you... I'd seriously avoid it at all cost. You can do them in a party without a pet, though. That is... If the party doesn't get annoyed at you because you aren't pulling, and have no pet to assist you at all.

Just my 2 cents. b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    As much as I hate to argue... PVE venos can work without a pet. I'm sure by now we all know about the Swamp of the Wraiths glitch. Pets that unsummon themselves? Now, that might send most venos cowering in terror, but a veno with a good pair of robes can fight in there. Most of the mobs are casters. Yes, you're going to get hit a bit. You'll probably have to use a few pots or so. Basically, you are forced to become a Wizard, without the damage that Wizards put out. Not impossible. As for other areas, a good LA fox veno can handle a simple Melee mob like nobody's business. Befuddling Mist, and Leech. Again, you'll have to use a few pots here and there. As long as you really know your Veno, you can do almost anything you want sans pet. Now, as for soloing FB's, and TT's, don't even think about it. Unless you're doing an FB several, several levels below you... I'd seriously avoid it at all cost. You can do them in a party without a pet, though. That is... If the party doesn't get annoyed at you because you aren't pulling, and have no pet to assist you at all.

Just my 2 cents. b:victory

Just use a flying pet. And stay on your aerogear. problem solved.

~S
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just use a flying pet. And stay on your aerogear. problem solved.

~S

Or, make sure you stand on the ground, then your pet can swim as much as it wants without getting unsummoned. I have tried it, and it works for me.
This discussion has been closed.