Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This kind of "emergency maitainance" that usually take hours and hours to fix are usually the beggining of the end in this kind of games. It's absolutely unaceptable that the servers stay shut down for so long. The problem is that it is more imprtant to make money with the players than to get a good technical support. If this goes on I shall uninstall the game.

That's what happens when you run a game under liscence, instead of beign the developper/owner of the game.

PWI runs servers, but all the coding change is made in China by the company owning the game, Bejing PW co.

And since they shut down the servers when it was still night in China....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • rikuowns
    rikuowns Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I dunno if it's just me, but I just got D/Ced, and cannot log back in. I get a login timeout.

Is this happening to everyone?
    Also, where the news page should appear I get a 'page not found', but this time it doesn't change.

*hint* read the first post *hint*
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know whether this will help or not, but perhaps if as a whole we speak to the GMs with a bit more mellifluity, rather than animosity, they might be more willing to convey to us more details as to what the problems which have occurred might be.

While I understand from their statements that they cannot tell us things until the programmers tell them; they should be more than capable of telling us what types of bugs were reported that led up to the necessity of the emergency maintenance to begin with. That would allow those of us who do have the patience to wait, to at least have some semblance of understanding as to what caused it and perhaps why it is taking as long as it is to repair.

Just a thought b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Can't they just admit someone lured Chin in the server room and it killed and destroyed everything. Now their technicien have less experience since they had to go back to town. Considering they have to walk back to work and repair everything it's not gonna be up soon.
    Ah but techs have charms and rez scrolls. The big problem will be handling all the agro here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear
    SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u people treath this forum like a freaking chat box
    go and talk on msn if u guys want to chat this is for serious talking not for ur freaking childs play
  • Larlissa - Sanctuary
    Larlissa - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    "I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too. Have you considered suing your brain for non-support? If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. Well, you're certainly thoughtless; I just wish that you were keyboard-less, too. You bring to mind a quote from Josh Billing: "Doesn't know much, but leads the league in nostril hair."

You are a bore, and a very dull one at that. Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't so stupid that even single-celled organisms out score you in IQ tests; if your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would."

Wow! You should write books! I am surprised at how someone actually knows and uses proper punctuation and grammer. If you write a book, I will be the first to buy! A very good argument. I think that would leave anyone speechless. b:victory
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Speaking as an IT manager with over 20 years experience, the solution to this "little quandry" should be quite simple. Any company worth thier salt performs nightly server backups....especially prior to an update. Now granted, I don't know how PWE does things since they obviously didn't implement any change control procedures to insure that the patch was ready to go prior to implementation, but if they did thier server backups, just export all transactions logs for reference, then restore the backup performed prior to last night's patch implementation.

The transaction logs will show who purchased zhen gold and allow those players to get thier zhen gold back, which they could then sell or use as they see fit (minus the ability to exploit). Those who played and gained levels and such, well the game is played to be fun....just re-play the portion you've done since the patch. In fact, the quests and such should be a bit simpler as you will have already done them once before and will know what to expect. Also by restoring to a pre-patch state, any items you purchased from other players will revert back to the origional owner just as your game coin that you paid will revert back into your account.

QQ all you want but the only way to insure that the in-game economy remains stable is to rollback to a pre-patch condition.

If you don't realize that the old server version would be incompatible with our upgraded clients, then you aren't a very good IT manager.
  • Zertryx - Sanctuary
    Zertryx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just want to LOL over the whole lawsuit that was mentioned earlier. First off, no lawyer is going to bother with a "case" that you yourself went and added your credit card information on, got your zen, gold, items then later on down the road you decide to quit over an emergency maintance. I would like to say get a life really and stop your pipe dreams!!

I so love seeing people going emo over a game b:chuckle more please cause I think this is more entertaining then Perfect World itself!

you be surprised what people sue over and win over XD

People use to sell "in game items" from Diablo 2 for real cash on ebay, and some guy didn't get his item and Sued for it and won. I mean Diablo 2 didn't even have any way to use real money for anything. but the guy payed over 1k real money for an in game item.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know whether this will help or not, but perhaps if as a whole we speak to the GMs with a bit more mellifluity, rather than animosity, they might be more willing to convey to us more details as to what the problems which have occurred might be.

While I understand from their statements that they cannot tell us things until the programmers tell them; they should be more than capable of telling us what types of bugs were reported that led up to the necessity of the emergency maintenance to begin with. That would allow those of us who do have the patience to wait, to at least have some semblance of understanding as to what caused it and perhaps why it is taking as long as it is to repair.

Just a thought b:pleased

b:chuckleb:victory
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • HoneyFox - Heavens Tear
    HoneyFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Again rollback is not gona fix the crashing client . and i dont care if you like my spelling or not just past my post on by kk, im not perfect im old and i have the right to type any way i feel like it. at 57 yrs old i could care less if you like it or lump it. and i will say my 2 coppers worth .. carry on GMs ! even if its down still before we get moved and connection again. it will be good
    to see my char other than at the char select screen.
    and Huggles all round to those in real with drawls .. HAPPY VALENTINESb:kissb:dirty
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i agree with the person that said keep the server down for a week if they fix all the issues that have been for months. last time i was in arena i was like lvl 25 or so. i dont remember when those screwed up but i think its about time for Malaysia or whoever to get fixing it. lol. so keep it down for a week no problem just fix all the problems lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Suiel - Sanctuary
    Suiel - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too. Have you considered suing your brain for non-support? If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. Well, you're certainly thoughtless; I just wish that you were keyboard-less, too. You bring to mind a quote from Josh Billing: "Doesn't know much, but leads the league in nostril hair."

You are a bore, and a very dull one at that. Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't so stupid that even single-celled organisms out score you in IQ tests; if your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would.

*hands you a cold icy beer* Here-you deserve this.
    *kicks back in chair* This is more amusing than world chat! Who's got the popcorn?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Wow. That has to be one of the more intelligent arguments I have seen on the Internet in a while. I am surprised that someone else actually has some sense of proper grammar and punctuation! b:victory

He copyed and pasted that **** from some web site I cant rember the name, I used to love flaming forums with that when i was a kid b:pleased
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Arynnamage, Im not gonna really bother cuz you editted your post earlier telling us that CASHOP ITEMS WERE EXPLOITED sorry..

Im pretty tired of the excuses..GMs should listen to PLAYER's ticketing and do something about it..If they play themselves to test stuff out..Cool..Why so many common glitchs still around?

Good stuff b:pleased

I appreciate that post Panda, Im not here to offend GMs or have some cult against ya'll. I just dont see it fair that TWO Gm's voted NO On a Roll back, Practically told us that we wont get a 17hr roll back. It's starting to annoy me alot now, I think roll back is the fairest scenerio. As GM's you can certainly Vote No because your making money off this, and you'll possiably lose money if a Roll back.. Correct?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Perfect World Entertainment IS Perfect World Bejing.

We are the same company, two offices on two sides of an ocean.

Time zones makes a difference.

Things will be rectified.

Please do not spread rumors, gossip, etc; especially when they are not true.

Unless it is celeb or game design gossip, then lets hear it! b:laugh
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Venton - Lost City
    Venton - Lost City Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    He copyed and pasted that **** from some web site I cant rember the name, I used to love flaming forums with that when i was a kid b:pleased

How long ago was that? 2 days ago? b:cute
  • Lucentshadow - Heavens Tear
    Lucentshadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

You are a bore, and a very dull one at that. Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't so stupid that even single-celled organisms out score you in IQ tests; if your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would.

Actually there are quite a few grammatical errors in this too.

Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? (you're not your)

If your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would. (if you? weren't so fat) (that the what?)(Ok, that made ZERO grammatical sense)
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Speaking as an IT manager with over 20 years experience, the solution to this "little quandry" should be quite simple. Any company worth thier salt performs nightly server backups....especially prior to an update. Now granted, I don't know how PWE does things since they obviously didn't implement any change control procedures to insure that the patch was ready to go prior to implementation, but if they did thier server backups, just export all transactions logs for reference, then restore the backup performed prior to last night's patch implementation.

The transaction logs will show who purchased zhen gold and allow those players to get thier zhen gold back, which they could then sell or use as they see fit (minus the ability to exploit). Those who played and gained levels and such, well the game is played to be fun....just re-play the portion you've done since the patch. In fact, the quests and such should be a bit simpler as you will have already done them once before and will know what to expect. Also by restoring to a pre-patch state, any items you purchased from other players will revert back to the origional owner just as your game coin that you paid will revert back into your account.

QQ all you want but the only way to insure that the in-game economy remains stable is to rollback to a pre-patch condition.

(Copied from my post in tech support forum)

A simple DB backup upload will probably tick off more people with their level loss and/or money loss in-game. I'm pretty sure the PWE tech would rather just fix the glitches and fix the money issues so that they can get their new patch out on time (since it's a bit harder to revert everyone's clients back to an older patch, rather than just fixing the problems and letting everyone back in where they left off). I mean, if they weren't attempting to rather fix the issue than revert to an old backup, then we'd all be playing again right now.
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd also like to thank darth for the post on the page 31. Interesting that your avatars say "GM," though... shouldn't your avatars say something else to avoid confusion? o.o

Also, first person to quote this post gets a cookie! (Not really, I'm just seeing if anyone will even notice it since we seem to be going about a page every couple of minutes right now XD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • giarc
    giarc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    How long is this going to take this is annoying?
  • Powermind - Lost City
    Powermind - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    How long ago was that? 2 days ago? b:cute

Am 22 now so 10 years ago b:surrender
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Walmart.....is rolling back those prices....

rollback, rollback
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd also like to thank darth for the post on the page 31. Interesting that your avatars say "GM," though... shouldn't your avatars say something else to avoid confusion? o.o

Also, first person to quote this post gets a cookie! (Not really, I'm just seeing if anyone will even notice it since we seem to be going about a page every couple of minutes right now XD)

There are some of us whom are actually reading every post (because we are that bored)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Perfect World Entertainment IS Perfect World Bejing.

We are the same company, two offices on two sides of an ocean.

Time zones makes a difference.

Things will be rectified.

Please do not spread rumors, gossip, etc; especially when they are not true.

Unless it is celeb or game design gossip, then lets hear it! b:laugh

Silly question, Do you guys play the game too?
  • Obscured - Lost City
    Obscured - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually there are quite a few grammatical errors in this too.

Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? (you're not your)

If your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would. (if you? weren't so fat) (that the what?)(Ok, that made ZERO grammatical sense)

My keyboard is mentally and physically disabled.
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just curious. is there any possibility of servers coming back up tonight?
  • Krissy - Lost City
    Krissy - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you be surprised what people sue over and win over XD

People use to sell "in game items" from Diablo 2 for real cash on ebay, and some guy didn't get his item and Sued for it and won. I mean Diablo 2 didn't even have any way to use real money for anything. but the guy payed over 1k real money for an in game item.

I must admit that is crazy! Can you imagine all the minds out there racing on how to scam the justice system? *Locks doors and windows* It takes a criminal mind to commit a crime though! I just don't like seeing people make a huge deal over something like this bug. I have spent well over too much money on a free to play game, but you don't see me go and say I will quit and sue. Anything over $500.00 is a felony. If everyone of us took PWE to court they would be bankrupt b:shocked But I am sure there is a disclaimer somewhere about us spending real money on the game and how they are not responsible for anything that might happen. Companys do have a way to cover their rear ends!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BloodLust rollin em hard! 7x Cleric
  • Mieze - Lost City
    Mieze - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ...I redownloaded GW. >_>
    ..and dammit this better get a rollback I don't want some level 50 noob having 200mil and I only have 2 >>
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Walmart.....is rolling back those prices....

rollback, rollback

Lol. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • xtinct23
    xtinct23 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I've been trying to formulate a constructive post about the same individual. It seems you beat me too it.

I must say....well played sir, well played.