Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• catigereptile
    catigereptile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Silly question, Do you guys play the game too?

GMs are required to, though it's less like "playing" and more like "working"
  • Venton - Lost City
    Venton - Lost City Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Walmart.....is rolling back those prices....

rollback, rollback

ROFL.
    The GM's are now doing it Walmart style?
    Woot Woot!
  • masternowayman
    masternowayman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Reading every post is fun, it may hurt my eyes but it is fun.

Off that topic, please keep us updated staff. b:victory
  • SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear
    SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just want to LOL over the whole lawsuit that was mentioned earlier. First off, no lawyer is going to bother with a "case" that you yourself went and added your credit card information on, got your zen, gold, items then later on down the road you decide to quit over an emergency maintance. I would like to say get a life really and stop your pipe dreams!!

I so love seeing people going emo over a game b:chuckle more please cause I think this is more entertaining then Perfect World itself!
    dont u guys have other things to do besides talking BS , whining and whining about the bug like its said before none of the games is flawless if u can do better make a game ur self then see if u can do better
    A simple DB backup upload will probably tick off more people with their level loss and/or money loss in-game. I'm pretty sure the PWE tech would rather just fix the glitches and fix the money issues so that they can get their new patch out on time (since it's a bit harder to revert everyone's clients back to an older patch, rather than just fixing the problems and letting everyone back in where they left off). I mean, if they weren't attempting to rather fix the issue than revert to an old backup, then we'd all be playing again right now.

ur the only freakin person that i didnt see typing nonsence
  • jirel
    jirel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'd also like to thank darth for the post on the page 31. Interesting that your avatars say "GM," though... shouldn't your avatars say something else to avoid confusion? o.o

Also, first person to quote this post gets a cookie! (Not really, I'm just seeing if anyone will even notice it since we seem to be going about a page every couple of minutes right now XD)
    I like cookies! :-)
  • Thia - Lost City
    Thia - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Oh, thought this was the same message again?? b:pleased

We aren't allowed to say anything until the devs tell us and things get tested.

Have a little bit of faith that PWE is doing the best they can to get the game back up!

And yes, we do play! b:victory
    Yes...that tells me.....exactly nothing. Ty for the NON information lol
  • TitsMalouda - Heavens Tear
    TitsMalouda - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its funny how many people are talking from small hole found at the rear of their body just below the back. This is a free to play game. You want extras then you pay. Do u get angry if McDonalds doesnt super size for free. Or get dissapointed when your gran only gave you a fiver inside your birthday card instead of nice crisp 20 fresh from the ATM, cos that was alot of money in her day... ungrateful ****... If someone offers a sweet from say a box of celebrations you say no thank you if there is nothing you like. Want the one you like... BUY YOUR OWN!!! These are my sweets. And I'm gonna enjoy them even if you don't!! Just like this game.

So STOP RUINING EVERYONE ELSES EXPERIENCE JUST COS YOU DIDNT GET THE ONE YOU WANT!! And look outside. Whats that? Ohhh, its our friend REALITY, come to say hello!!!

"Hello!!"
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ...I redownloaded GW. >_>
    ..and dammit this better get a rollback I don't want some level 50 noob having 200mil and I only have 2 >>

same........
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ROFL.
    The GM's are now doing it Walmart style?
    Woot Woot!

Rollback....damn that big yellow smiley face thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just hope they figure it out ASAP.
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ...I redownloaded GW. >_>
    ..and dammit this better get a rollback I don't want some level 50 noob having 200mil and I only have 2 >>

Lol, I played GW to lvl 7, I was almost half way to the cap!
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    u people treath this forum like a freaking chat box
    go and talk on msn if u guys want to chat this is for serious talking not for ur freaking childs play
    FAIL

No this forum is for the serious discussion of politics... so what do you think of Obama?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    same........

same... but I only have about 600k.... >.< So i don't want some noob having uber loads of money they didn't work for, when I've been working my butt off for what I have.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wats Walmart style???
  • Tieraqel - Sanctuary
    Tieraqel - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm not too worried or upset one way or another. Having worked with several other games in the past ( retired to spend more time with my children and start new projects) issues like this pop up now and then, ( some more than others >.<) sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's not. The important part is that it IS being addressed. ( which I can name a certain korean based company who quite often let their licensed publishers suffer)
    I'm just seeing this as a chance to get back to work on those afore mentioned projects, and get things around the house done ( alright I admit it...by getting things done, I mean making the kids get the things done while I bark orders and directions)
  • IkurasThor - Heavens Tear
    IkurasThor - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you don't realize that the old server version would be incompatible with our upgraded clients, then you aren't a very good IT manager.

well they would just have to make a new patch.

which if it is what they have to do then i could imagine that would take some time.

thats all theoretical though.

i look at it this way, we are finding out who does/doesnt have a life, and who pay way to much money in a FREE TO PLAY game.

ftp means you dont have to pay, so if you dont like whats going on dont by Cash Shop items.

for all you silly people that are going to quit because you cant play for 2+ hours, stop QQing and go do something. i myself am enjoying a few nice hours of cuddling with my girlfriend.

Lawsuits = the ***** way to make money. if you need to sue to get money your shouldnt be spending your money here.

I have every faith that PWE will get the servers up as soon as they can. Just because it doesn't fit your time frame doesn't mean they aren't trying

b:pleased
  • SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear
    SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dont think that they wil be up 2night if the bugs need to be removed then it wil take some time
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I appreciate that post Panda, Im not here to offend GMs or have some cult against ya'll. I just dont see it fair that TWO Gm's voted NO On a Roll back, Practically told us that we wont get a 17hr roll back. It's starting to annoy me alot now, I think roll back is the fairest scenerio. As GM's you can certainly Vote No because your making money off this, and you'll possiably lose money if a Roll back.. Correct?
    At the risk of another wall-o-text from you, I'm going to have to disagree. Do you see all the BS going on in this board right now? I guarantee you a month from now this'll all be forgotten, or at worst laughed about.

Some people are going to quit if there's a rollback. Some people are going to quit if there isn't. And some people apparently spend their lives on this board when they aren't on PW itself.

But the bulk of us are decent people who realize that the GMs, devs and other staff are working like hell right now to fix this and the least we can do is be patient. I know for some of us it's a novel idea to actually have faith in game staff, instead of... y'know, bashing them at every turn because they have power and we don't. But you've noticed that darth and a few others have been here posting and trying to respond to the whole situation, and trying to spread a little light-hearted humor while they're at it. Sorry if you feel slighted that they personally weren't responding to you, but me, I'm commending them for the way they handle the situation as a whole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    FAIL

No this forum is for the serious discussion of politics... so what do you think of Obama?

Obama = Win.
    Brittney Spears = FAIL.
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lol I thought Evolution from HT fails the whole game, I was wrong:( It was the GMs. Great Game, Bad company.

Not going to even waste my time with that one. >_>

Anyways... Since I probably wont have time to play PWI for a week or so after today/tomorrow... I hope this maintenance doesn't last too long. And... if there is a rollback, I just hope I can get my Gold (that I spend real money on, yes) back if nothing else. Glad I didn't really quest or anything before I went to bed lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hai guys! Whats going on here?
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There are some of us whom are actually reading every post (because we are that bored)

That be me.
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    meatron wrote: »
    wats Walmart style???

Walmart style, fool......rollin back those prices...

rollin back.......rollback.......

keep em low....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Walmart.....is rolling back those prices....

rollback, rollback
    ...thanks. Now I'll never sleep again. ;[
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well they would just have to make a new patch.

which if it is what they have to do then i could imagine that would take some time.

thats all theoretical though.

i look at it this way, we are finding out who does/doesnt have a life, and who pay way to much money in a FREE TO PLAY game.

ftp means you dont have to pay, so if you dont like whats going on dont by Cash Shop items.

for all you silly people that are going to quit because you cant play for 2+ hours, stop QQing and go do something. i myself am enjoying a few nice hours of cuddling with my girlfriend.

Lawsuits = the ***** way to make money. if you need to sue to get money your shouldnt be spending your money here.

I have every faith that PWE will get the servers up as soon as they can. Just because it doesn't fit your time frame doesn't mean they aren't trying

b:pleased

Definition fail.

File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a network protocol used to transfer data from one computer to another through a network such as the Internet.

FTP is a file transfer protocol for exchanging and manipulating files over a TCP computer network. An FTP client may connect to an FTP server to manipulate files on that server.
  • Thia - Lost City
    Thia - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ur the only freakin person that i didnt see typing nonsence
    Actually any service provider that stops providing a service more than 24 hours can be sued.
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That be me.

and me too
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hai guys! Whats going on here?

Hai! tis fun for the whole family :P
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    same... but I only have about 600k.... >.< So i don't want some noob having uber loads of money they didn't work for, when I've been working my butt off for what I have.

I agree.. though I would rather have a few dweebs have uber money and be able to play the game again than not be able to play because 10% of the people have alot of cash.. the ones that have uber $ will either blow it on telecoustics so they can talk ****, or they will get good gear, and then be stuck when they level out of it because noone else has the $ to buy it from them. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Serjownz - Lost City
    Serjownz - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    favorite ObScuReD quote:
    "Reading your post is less interesting than watching paint dry. If wit was spit, your mouth would be drier than a shallow well in an African heat wave. Do yourself and everyone else a favor: take a fatal overdose of your medication. Maybe you wouldn't be such a Jerk-In-The-Box if you weren't intellectually slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through a vat of chunky peanut butter; if your weren't so fat from all that cheap beer you spend your Welfare payments on that your belly jiggle is the first ever perpetual motion machine, or if you didn't have a face like a boiled Octopus. Nah, of course you would."
    omg i need more of this...

This makes endless server repair oh soo worth it, OWNED!!!!!