Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I guess my math must be wrong.. how could you have been grinding 12 hours straight if the servers came up at 1:15am PST and went down again at 11am PST? isn't that only 10 hours? and I'm lvl 78 and have no problem with the rollback.. I would rather them rollback and get things "rolling" again, than have them continue to get the problems figured out.. why not rollback the patch, get the servers up.. correct the new code and re-release the patch tonight?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    KaTime - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well why the GMs let us speculate so long now? A clear answere whats the prob and a approximately time when servers could be back on would make the rumors and speculatings quiter. Well i respect the GM support but i dont understand why noone of them can give us actually informations about whats going on. And not the stupid same text again and again.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    3 hours is unacceptable. The technical support of this game is a tremendous failure.
    Sry. I kinda LOL'd b:thanks
    *wipes coffee spurt off moniter*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Witchkraft - Sanctuary
    Witchkraft - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Withdraw Symptoms!!
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have to agree the thread is growing faster than i can type..
    but then im old as dirt and JUST as slow...
    oh ... HAPPY VALENTINES b:dirtyb:kiss

In about 22 minutes... Oww wot the heck!

Happy vallentines :)b:dirtyb:bye
  • jenlazee
    jenlazee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I know you guys are trying your hardest to make sure those of us that have no plans on Valentine's day have something to do. >.>
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay. I apologize _River. b:surrender I'm a little over-tired and suffering from time-zone dyslexia.

and to whoever... was it REALLY necessary to start calling me names?

We're all obviously stressed by this, but don't be calling people a dumbass. I know i screwed up and made a bit of a jackass out of myself. doesnt really mean you need to start being a d!ckhead about itb:angry
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well why the GMs let us speculate so long now?

The reason why is because they are working to fix the game we are speculating on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • Krissy - Lost City
    Krissy - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hate to say it, but deleting everyone's progress is the best way to solve the problem.
    Not too sure if the GM's can see through logs if coin/items have been traded or not but to make sure either way, it's best to roll it all back, to get it all.

Well IMO roll backs are ok to fix things, but it is a shame that the people that had nothing to do with the bug or anyone who didn't even know about the bug would have to suffer. I had no clue about this bug and I grinded 40% which is about 4 hours worth. So therefore us that didn't know lose all progress that was made. b:cry I would have done nothing on the game if I knew all that was going on b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BloodLust rollin em hard! 7x Cleric
  • Devinous - Lost City
    Devinous - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am just lookin for an aproximate time of completion.... so i know when i can get back on.... not really worried about whats up... its just a game not the end of the world.. Anyways GM's got anything let us know the heads up.....
    In A Perfect World Moneys Could FLY!!!
  • _Mercy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Mercy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    NOOOOOO!

b:laugh

Just hurry up already...I'm having withdrawalsb:chuckle
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've gone to find myself.
    If I get back before I return
    please keep me here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why? Do u have experience on fixing bugs?
    They need to 1st fix bugs , then put the patch on test server for quality test to see that everyone works. That takes time, easily whole workday. Biggest mistake u can do is, rush a fix and not test it and find out it opened new bigger bugs.

They should take all the time they need and little more to make sure all bugs are fixed and all bugs found before out servers up.
    Even if that means offline for day or 2.

personally, I DO have experience fixing bugs (I'm a computer programmer by trade) and as I've said in other posts, what they could do is rollback to the last known working code (71) and get the servers online, then correct the problems with this patch on a devel/test server, test to make sure they work, and then release a new patch later this evening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • SupraSumo - Sanctuary
    SupraSumo - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL this thread is so fun! I love to see how some of u guys act so nerdish...b:laugh
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well why the GMs let us speculate so long now? A clear answere whats the prob and a approximately time when servers could be back on would make the rumors and speculatings quiter. Well i respect the GM support but i dont understand why noone of them can give us actually informations about whats going on. And not the stupid same text again and again.

yeah tats all i think every one of us want and everyone is just frustrated bucause we have no answers and tired of all this long pointless wait
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay. I apologize _River. b:surrender I'm a little over-tired and suffering from time-zone dyslexia.

and to whoever... was it REALLY necessary to start calling me names?

We're all obviously stressed by this, but don't be calling people a dumbass. I know i screwed up and made a bit of a jackass out of myself. doesnt really mean you need to start being a d!ckhead about itb:angry

No problem ReYVynN. I can't be too mad at an old guildie XD
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    One idea to pass the time play this:
    http://www.hotel626.com/

Remmember your PC clock must be in the range of 6PM to 6AM and if you have a webcam and MIC better!!!!!!!!!!

cyaaaaa :p mwaaaajajjajaa(evil laughter) xD

PS: Post your photo!!!!!!! xD
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Saveless - Sanctuary
    Saveless - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I love all the excuses you guys are coming up with.

"o mi gawd eye greyendid 4 11 ours str8, know rowlbak plz"

"eye krafted sawch eh gewd eyetem, plz know rowlbak"

I mean seriously....lol. Let the rollback begin. Be appreciated that they are actually here to fix the problem, using their own time to do it.

Should put Prozac in boutique...most need it tbh.
  • Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
    Kurosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When programmers are put on emergency "fix your massive screwup" duty and are stressed out of their gourds, then a GM comes up and says "when will this be fixed so I can tell the players?" they generally get a computer keyboard thrown at their heads :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obscured - Lost City
    Obscured - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    no rollback=quit and file lawsuit against pwi for every penny i have spent on this game back because of unfair business practices. they are offering a service and there are common sense expectations that the game will be run fairly for everyone. if this is left to remain as is with just the bug removed and leaving all this excess money in game i guarantee anyone who files a lawsuit will win. they can argue that its a free game and money paid for gold are donations all they want but common sense says that there are certain expectations to have a fair chance in game.

if PWI wants to test my theory i already consulted with a lawyer about it and he is drooling over the possibility of a class action lawsuit.

Just when I think, "Surely this person has reached and encapsulates the limits of Internet tedium" you go and push the boundary even further. I suggest you hone your writing skills before applying borrowed glories as a mere typist.

I notice that you never let an idea interrupt the flow of your posts. Why is it that the people with the smallest minds always have the biggest mouths? Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing? To quote Martin Luther King, Jr.: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Reading your post is less interesting than watching paint dry. If wit was spit, your mouth would be drier than a shallow well in an African heat wave. Do yourself and everyone else a favor: take a fatal overdose of your medication. Maybe you wouldn't be such a Jerk-In-The-Box if you weren't intellectually slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through a vat of chunky peanut butter; if your weren't so fat from all that cheap beer you spend your Welfare payments on that your belly jiggle is the first ever perpetual motion machine, or if you didn't have a face like a boiled Octopus. Nah, of course you would.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Oh, thought this was the same message again?? b:pleased

We aren't allowed to say anything until the devs tell us and things get tested.

Have a little bit of faith that PWE is doing the best they can to get the game back up!

And yes, we do play! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL this thread is so fun! I love to see how some of u guys act so nerdish...b:laugh

lol so true game, brings the child inside of us out
  • Thia - Lost City
    Thia - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Because I pay to play and not to fix things. The ones that fix things get paid to do so. Maybe they should worry a bit more with a good tech support and a bit less selling items in boutique at outrageous prices. So it's up to tech to fix and up to me to pay and play. Correct?
  • jirel
    jirel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've gone to find myself.
    If I get back before I return
    please keep me here
    :-) that's good
  • Obscured - Lost City
    Obscured - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Edit: deleted
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lol I thought Evolution from HT fails the whole game, I was wrong:( It was the GMs. Great Game, Bad company.
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    KaTime - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The reason why is because they are working to fix the game we are speculating on.

Yes i know but a clearer answer as that would be a little bit better i think. Well i mean they are working hard on the servers but they let the people that play it stay alone in the rain that time. Thats not the right way to hold a good community.
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Oh, thought this was the same message again?? b:pleased

We aren't allowed to say anything until the devs tell us and things get tested.

Have a little bit of faith that PWE is doing the best they can to get the game back up!

And yes, we do play! b:victory

Sure but the devs could spend a little bit patience for they players and payers too.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Roll back n put servers up so the QQers can start there 15hr grinding session...............I WANT ROLL BACK so I can make money n xp..
  • masternowayman
    masternowayman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All I can say is, people need spell check.

Good luck getting the problem fixed, thank you for the updates.
  • Venton - Lost City
    Venton - Lost City Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Because I pay to play and not to fix things. The ones that fix things get paid to do so. Maybe they should worry a bit more with a good tech support and a bit less selling items in boutique at outrageous prices. So it's up to tech to fix and up to me to pay and play. Correct?

I got lost after the first sentence ;D