Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• Leannekitten - Sanctuary
    Leannekitten - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Oh, thought this was the same message again?? b:pleased

We aren't allowed to say anything until the devs tell us and things get tested.

Have a little bit of faith that PWE is doing the best they can to get the game back up!

And yes, we do play! b:victory

lol ^_^ that sucks
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can't they just admit someone lured Chin in the server room and it killed and destroyed everything. Now their technicien have less experience since they had to go back to town. Considering they have to walk back to work and repair everything it's not gonna be up soon.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Have a little bit of faith that PWE is doing the best they can to get the game back up!

You guys dont play.. You dont grind for days..You put your little GM robes on and now your llv 100+.. I pay for some stuff on this game..Your techs SHOULD be doing something atleast..You all jsut sit there then?Get a pay cheque n monitor Forums..Spam with Server announcments when its maintence then get emailed how to code n format stuff for a ROLLBACK..Wow great job..Got any positions? I wanna get paid for other people half way around the world doing the work for me..Honestly People are getting sick of this..
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks River b:laugh
  • Amiroo - Lost City
    Amiroo - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    at the end of the day EVERYONE is having withdrawl symptons! lolb:chuckle
    i think that we should have a rollback and get things back to how they were! it will be hard on all the higher lvl people as EXP is so hard to get!b:cry GM's are trying to sort the problem and thats all there is to it! i dont suppose its easy being a GM when stuff like this happens, you have the majority of PWI moaning and some people going on about law suits and ****! YOU DONT PAY TO PLAY! they are trying! cut them some slackb:thanks
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Because I pay to play and not to fix things. The ones that fix things get paid to do so. Maybe they should worry a bit more with a good tech support and a bit less selling items in boutique at outrageous prices. So it's up to tech to fix and up to me to pay and play. Correct?

I feel that this is offending. The GMs are working their butts off trying to get this fixed so that we may play again. No, you choose to pay to play this game. And, how exactly do they have bad a tech support if they have a right to with hold information that is critical to fixing the game? Just because they have not fixed the game as fast as you may have liked, does not mean their tech support is not trying as hard as they possibly can to fix the problem. For all we know, their whole department may be scrambling to fix the problem are are not paying attention to comments like these so they CAN fix the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Having fun reading these people who haven't the slightest clue about server databases and tech mechanics?

lol I'm surprised this topic hasn't been locked yet with all this "oh no, something bad happened, let's all fret and blame the GMs for everything"
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How Long Are U Expecting It To Take
    Can U Atleast Say If It Will Be More Than 2 Hours Or Not..
    Then I Can Decide Wether I Shud Go To Sleep Already Or Not,,
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To the idiots posting about possible legal action, stop.

The ToS are completely impregnable on that front.

the reserve the right to do whatever they choose. Aggravating? Yes. Illegal? Not at all.

Shut up about it, they're not going to **** us like that. Have some faith.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You guys dont play.. You dont grind for days..You put your little GM robes on and now your llv 100+.. I pay for some stuff on this game..Your techs SHOULD be doing something atleast..You all jsut sit there then?Get a pay cheque n monitor Forums..Spam with Server announcments when its maintence then get emailed how to code n format stuff for a ROLLBACK..Wow great job..Got any positions? I wanna get paid for other people half way around the world doing the work for me..Honestly People are getting sick of this..

Not quite true. The GM's do play as normal players in their free time to test things out. Some things just can not be properly tested with a GM character and the powers that come with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jirel
    jirel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You know, if it weren't such a good game, we wouldn't all be so upset that it's down.....just a thought. :-)
  • Venton - Lost City
    Venton - Lost City Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Don't let this game control your life, not a good idea.
  • Obscured - Lost City
    Obscured - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too. Have you considered suing your brain for non-support? If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. Well, you're certainly thoughtless; I just wish that you were keyboard-less, too. You bring to mind a quote from Josh Billing: "Doesn't know much, but leads the league in nostril hair."

You are a bore, and a very dull one at that. Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't so stupid that even single-celled organisms out score you in IQ tests; if your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would.
  • SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear
    SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    people have patience and wait til al of this is fixed , and if u have a better idea 1st get a real life instead of bugging the Gm's with al ur whining
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    "I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking too. Have you considered suing your brain for non-support? If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. Well, you're certainly thoughtless; I just wish that you were keyboard-less, too. You bring to mind a quote from Josh Billing: "Doesn't know much, but leads the league in nostril hair."

You are a bore, and a very dull one at that. Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't so stupid that even single-celled organisms out score you in IQ tests; if your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would."

I think that I love you.
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not quite true. The GM's do play as normal players in their free time to test things out. Some things just can not be properly tested with a GM character and the powers that come with it.

Like that uber sexy weapon that gives them 100,000 bonus HP? b:laugh
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

You really should go to sleep after having read this type. Why do you capitalize every word in the sentences? Doesn't that take longer to do?
  • Krissy - Lost City
    Krissy - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just want to LOL over the whole lawsuit that was mentioned earlier. First off, no lawyer is going to bother with a "case" that you yourself went and added your credit card information on, got your zen, gold, items then later on down the road you decide to quit over an emergency maintance. I would like to say get a life really and stop your pipe dreams!!

I so love seeing people going emo over a game b:chuckle more please cause I think this is more entertaining then Perfect World itself!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BloodLust rollin em hard! 7x Cleric
  • Darkangelbri - Lost City
    Darkangelbri - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To all those asking when severs will be back up, here's the answer:

WE DON'T KNOW YET! AND WILL NOT KNOW UNTILL THE GM'S KNOW. b:angrySTOP SMEGGING ASKING ALREADY!!!b:angry
  • Devinous - Lost City
    Devinous - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

You are a bore, and a very dull one at that. Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast? Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't so stupid that even single-celled organisms out score you in IQ tests; if your weren't so fat that the Brooklyn Bridge would collapse if you ever tried to go Bungee Jumping off of it, or if your face wasn't the strongest form of natural contraception available. Nah, of course you would.

Just a thought:: u have the mind of a powerfull person i could never think of the things u wrote to this guy.... very well done... Ever think about writing books...???
    In A Perfect World Moneys Could FLY!!!
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The patcher is showing the webpage again. I think we may be getting close.

Edit: ****, down again.

Edit 2: DISREGARD THAT I SUCK ****
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Wow. That has to be one of the more intelligent arguments I have seen on the Internet in a while. I am surprised that someone else actually has some sense of proper grammar and punctuation! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • Leannekitten - Sanctuary
    Leannekitten - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *needs game to pass the time....would get out of bed to do something else but is sick and was told to stay in bed.....* well....time for a nap then. ^_^
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

It usually does show up, it's probably your internet.
  • Devinous - Lost City
    Devinous - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

^Hummm not sumthing i would tell everyone...
    In A Perfect World Moneys Could FLY!!!
  • weridgod
    weridgod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think u all need to chill and relax remember this is a game meant to be fun so chill
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is there anything I need to know about you other than your a grungy social outcast?
    He makes a mean rant on people who feel like making money for things other than supergear. ;)

Er, sorry. I guess I should post something relevant to the thread... hoo boy.

Yeah, I joined this late and I haven't attempted to get on since JUST after the server came back up. Rollback? What's the news on this? I wouldn't mind a rollback of a few hours... I'd only be worried about my Sinister Shooter auction which should've deposited roughly 720k in my mailbox shortly after the servers came back online. But a rollback wouldn't affect that, I guess...

Let's all just be patient, the staff has proven that they do care about the game economy and I seriously doubt there'll be any serious issues resulting from this, even if it means a rollback. That said, GMs, we're about due for another update, don't you think? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear
    SubzeroxNL - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dont u guys have other things to do besides talking BS , whining and whining about the bug like its said before none of the games is flawless if u can do better make a game ur self then see if u can do better
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Speaking as an IT manager with over 20 years experience, the solution to this "little quandry" should be quite simple. Any company worth thier salt performs nightly server backups....especially prior to an update. Now granted, I don't know how PWE does things since they obviously didn't implement any change control procedures to insure that the patch was ready to go prior to implementation, but if they did thier server backups, just export all transactions logs for reference, then restore the backup performed prior to last night's patch implementation.

The transaction logs will show who purchased zhen gold and allow those players to get thier zhen gold back, which they could then sell or use as they see fit (minus the ability to exploit). Those who played and gained levels and such, well the game is played to be fun....just re-play the portion you've done since the patch. In fact, the quests and such should be a bit simpler as you will have already done them once before and will know what to expect. Also by restoring to a pre-patch state, any items you purchased from other players will revert back to the origional owner just as your game coin that you paid will revert back into your account.

QQ all you want but the only way to insure that the in-game economy remains stable is to rollback to a pre-patch condition.

(Copied from my post in tech support forum)
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mods and Admins play PWI, and we ARE NOT ALLOWED and CAN NOT ACCESS any GM game stuff, or be an in-game GM. I think there are a few exceptions with the other Admins, like Xarfox as an example.

The rest of us in QA and Tech Support have to earn and play our way up. If we are employees, we don't get the option of ever using the cash shop ourselves, we do things in-game, the hard way.

There are many of us watching the servers in-game, and why botters and farmers get reported so quickly and easily, because we look like everyone else, because we play like everyone else.

Our awesome community reports things to us too, and we love the support that you guys give us.

Server downtime really isn't so bad, in relation to how much uptime PWI has strictly maintained since Closed Beta. Hiccups occur now and then, and there are many layers to work with in game development in order to get things fixed.

So please be patient, and hope to see you in-game soon!

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera