Emergency Maintenance - Complete!

Options

Comments

• Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you don't realize that the old server version would be incompatible with our upgraded clients, then you aren't a very good IT manager.

Actually, I am an exceptional IT manager, which is why I manage all IT services for a particular Federal Agency in a particular state. (no, I won't give details beyond that for security reasons) What you fail to realize is that each time your updater (what you are actually launching when you double-click the icon) is booted, it searches out the server for the correct game version and pulls down a patch if necessary. (Much the same as is done with Windows System Update Server, SMS, Patchlink.....shall I go on?) It's actually quite the simple programming feat to write a piece of code that forces the updater (different program than the client) to see a newer version out there and pull it down....regardless of whether the actual patch being puller down is newer or older than that which is currently installed.

For future reference, don't try to sling a personal insult at someone when you haven't thought your argument through, or simply don't understand the processes and capabilities involved.
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GMs lets do it Walmart style....

rollback those prices....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    meatron wrote: »
    and me too

and sadly.... me XD
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    EVERYONE STOP POSTING!! I HEARD THEY GET PAIDED PER POST! ITS A SCAM!!

rofl. I love reading all the pointless speculation and thoughts that really don't make a difference. I trust that whatever the developers do it will be in the best interest of the community and am ok with whatever they do. For all you haters, you just need a faction that goes onto chat clients and kicks backs and relaxes.. JOIN NWO Sanc. server lvl 50+ TT, TW, FB... yeah the normal shat rofl.
  • Venton - Lost City
    Venton - Lost City Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hai guys! Whats going on here?

Oh hai ther!
    Wii iz jus waytin 4 duh gaym to com uhp!
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

j/k b:chuckle

don't really have anything new to update you all with. there's a bunch of stuff in need of fixing and a lot of folks hard at work getting it all squared away.

enjoy your friday though. go out and get a hot dog and enjoy a breath of fresh O2. by the time you return back home maybe it will all be fixed.

peace all!
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Thia - Lost City
    Thia - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hello venton :) u think we should get a better game? The entire guild? lol
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    At the risk of another wall-o-text from you, I'm going to have to disagree. Do you see all the BS going on in this board right now? I guarantee you a month from now this'll all be forgotten, or at worst laughed about.

Some people are going to quit if there's a rollback. Some people are going to quit if there isn't. And some people apparently spend their lives on this board when they aren't on PW itself.

But the bulk of us are decent people who realize that the GMs, devs and other staff are working like hell right now to fix this and the least we can do is be patient. I know for some of us it's a novel idea to actually have faith in game staff, instead of... y'know, bashing them at every turn because they have power and we don't. But you've noticed that darth and a few others have been here posting and trying to respond to the whole situation, and trying to spread a little light-hearted humor while they're at it. Sorry if you feel slighted that they personally weren't responding to you, but me, I'm commending them for the way they handle the situation as a whole.

I'm Eltherian and I support this message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • Larlissa - Sanctuary
    Larlissa - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    FAIL

No this forum is for the serious discussion of politics... so what do you think of Obama?

lmao b:laughb:chuckleb:laugh
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wonder... Ary-Mod... You weren't the past guild leader to my old, loved, Illusia, were you? I mean, Aryannamage and Aryannaveno... being the fact AV has been around since the sanctuary server started up. Undercover GM's now have my attention, now a new game shall be found after today.

Copying 'Where's Waldo': "Where's GM?"

b:laugh
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I agree.. though I would rather have a few dweebs have uber money and be able to play the game again than not be able to play because 10% of the people have alot of cash.. the ones that have uber $ will either blow it on telecoustics so they can talk ****, or they will get good gear, and then be stuck when they level out of it because noone else has the $ to buy it from them. b:chuckle

ROFL that's soooo true XD b:chuckle
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Unreal - Heavens Tear
    Unreal - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Definition fail.

File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a network protocol used to transfer data from one computer to another through a network such as the Internet.

FTP is a file transfer protocol for exchanging and manipulating files over a TCP computer network. An FTP client may connect to an FTP server to manipulate files on that server.

Google for the win =D
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You know this is almost a chat program not a forum anymore :P
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ayyy wats the Walmart style???
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    go out and get a hot dog

don't forget to bring mustard b:laugh
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Not much... just posting pointlessly when I should be outside enjoying a rather spectacular Florida sunset... what a life... if only something would happen to distract me from the game for a few hours...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hello venton :) u think we should get a better game? The entire guild? lol

I say we all just chill out at my house.
    Oh wait, you don't know where I live.
    GM's are invited, they can talk on the forums at my house b:victory
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    meatron wrote: »
    ayyy wats the Walmart style???

Walmart Style fool.....i already told you.....

keep it low.....rollback those prices....rollback....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ya I guess its ok, Lets turn the servers back on so people can exploit more money and such. I think having a bunch of people running around with 200m+ and people selling Gold charms for 1m is ok, I mean I can grind 20m an hour no problem. So ya lets do the smart thing and turn servers on so more people can get stuck in etherblade lake, Ya you guys are the smartest people I've ever seen post.

ROLL BACK OR GIVE ME 200M++++++++
  • Inthan - Lost City
    Inthan - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so why again is there emergency maintenance going on right now?
  • IkurasThor - Heavens Tear
    IkurasThor - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Definition fail.

File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a network protocol used to transfer data from one computer to another through a network such as the Internet.

FTP is a file transfer protocol for exchanging and manipulating files over a TCP computer network. An FTP client may connect to an FTP server to manipulate files on that server.

yeah i know.

im a nerd just like the rest of you.

i wasnt thinking and wrote ftp instead of f2p

thanks for the catch xD
  • Krissy - Lost City
    Krissy - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    go out and get a hot dog and enjoy a breath of fresh O2. by the time you return back home maybe it will all be fixed.

peace all!

OMG I have to go outside?!?!?!?! HOW DO I TURN THE ****?!?!?! b:laugh THERE IS NO ENTER BUTTON HELP ME!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BloodLust rollin em hard! 7x Cleric
  • Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary
    Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just avoiding doing a huge research paper that I have to do by Tuesday
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Walmart Style fool.....i already told you.....

keep it low.....rollback those prices....rollback....

Damn right, I'm going to Walmart to get my prices rolled back b:thanks
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, Mine's well go chill for a bit.. No PWI =(
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

don't really have anything new to update you all with. there's a bunch of stuff in need of fixing and a lot of folks hard at work getting it all squared away.

enjoy your friday though. go out and get a hot dog and enjoy a breath of fresh O2. by the time you return back home maybe it will all be fixed.

peace all!
    Any update is better than no update at all, even if there's nothing new to report.

I'm serious. This is why I love this game (among other reasons). The GMs actually give a **** about the situation. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Thia - Lost City
    Thia - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

peace all!
    I don't want to go walk...it's almost midnight here and it's cold.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wonder... Ary-Mod... You weren't the past guild leader to my old, loved, Illusia, were you? I mean, Aryannamage and Aryannaveno... being the fact AV has been around since the sanctuary server started up. Undercover GM's now have my attention, now a new game shall be found after today.

Copying 'Where's Waldo': "Where's GM?"

b:laugh

Lol! Yes I am AryannaVeno that is no secret though and never has been. Was said on forum at the time after all. Though I am playing ESO now! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    CASH SHOP ITEMS WERE EXPLOITED N GLITCHED MODERATOR HAS CONFIRMED IT..

VOTE YES FOR ROLLBACK

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188322

XARFOX VOTED NO CUZ THEY WANT MORE EXPLOITS N MONEY OFF OF US..NEW PW MY?

Use common sense people ..and GMs to.. I want a rol lback...you GMs saw worldchat it was full of 'YES ROLLBACK' b:cry

Your an idiot, Xarfox never said anything of the sort. he posted exactly twice in that thread and at no point did he say a server rollback would not happen. Your a fricking moronic idiot. Hope Xarfox bans your **** for slandering him.

Saitada
  • Venton - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OMG I have to go outside?!?!?!?! HOW DO I TURN THE ****?!?!?! b:laugh THERE IS NO ENTER BUTTON HELP ME!!!!

AHMAHGAWD! NO WAI! You just have to find the exit button and the door opens, or press control alt delete on your keyboard, should do the trick.