Money Exploit?

Comments

• Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LMFAO !!! Don't u just love a bit of drama in the "GAME" !!!

its what makes our server so great b:victory
    According to Raydoit people in his guild are getting masses of money from nowhere, it is definitely not because they are selling gold through the AH at these ridiculous prices, i mean has ANYONE bought a single piece of gold?
    I know i never will until the prices have stabilized, so where in the hell are they getting this coin from b:shocked

Well the baffling part of all this is whom exactly is buying all this gold. Of course my theory of the whole server going on the fritz and buying gold at 200k+ normal price so they can attempt to sell it for even more seems to be more logical than anything else at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is the current state of Sanctuary:
    moneyhax.jpg
  • yupyup
    yupyup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I seen gold going for 999k each.
    I was thinking what a freaking idiot thinks he can sell for that price.... well it was gone in notime...

As people are incredible rich atm, its nothing close to fair anymore.
    So i hope the game will be rollbacked for 1 day.

I bet, if this wont happen many people will stop playing.
    And yes that includes me, it would give me a reason to move to the european server instead.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    moneyhax.jpg

LOL

well there you go everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    **** that. If they don't rollback over this I quit. I don't know what's going on but 1 gold for 1mil is just taking the ****.
    b:dirty
  • BlackyBetty - Sanctuary
    BlackyBetty - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    okay here is the story.

some guildmate of me told me about a player in west archo dropping a lot of items on the ground.
    when he asked the player, the player opened a trade for showing him 62 million coins...
    and gave him 1 million for free. (i told my guildmate to report that to the gms, dont worry)
    i pmd the player and asked for a explanation.
    he told me that he found an exploit with some cash shop items which u can trade in for many millions...he also wanted to give me 10 million for stop asking questions b:cry
    that player is from legendary guild and told some mates how to use that exploit...
    its sad to see lvl 80 barbs easily buying the misty forest ring..while i still try to get my left 3 million exp to reach lvl 89 and do my demon cultivation..
    thanks to the 1 single legendary player i will lose 15 hours of grind if we get a rollback...

and stop blaming the gms..since they still dont recruit "international" GMs, there are no GMs online to see that drama..just wait for them to stand up in the morning...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sucks for those who have gotten somewhere in the game.

Sucks even more for those who are new and were attempting to save up their coins so they could get a foothold.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Sucks for those who have gotten somewhere in the game.

Sucks even more for those who are new and were attempting to save up their coins so they could get a foothold.

I'm at work and have yet to see this devastation. If all this is as bad as it sounds...it should be fixed as as soon as possible, even with a rollback if necessary, which it seems like that's the only real option. If this exploit is able to be done because of this new patch, it will eventually spread to the other servers too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    thanks to the 1 single legendary player i will lose 15 hours of grind if we get a rollback...

You know the name of this player betty?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• starkill
    starkill Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    How about if you attack Legendary you do 2 things
    1) give your in game name
    2) give name of person that you are slandering from Legendary guild

I am in Legendary avatar Wildette and the guild was as stunned as any to see AH prices. Guild itself is advocating a roll back to yesterday for fixing this issue. So watch your 2nd / 3rd hand slander of a great guild with nice people in it.

Wildette
  • Solarplex - Sanctuary
    Solarplex - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well the only real solution that might do any good is to ban the player(s) who have abused this bug, there HAS to be a rollback because the economy is just fubar at the moment, and a ban is deserved IMO because people like betty have to lose 15 hrs of grind time because of the insatiable greed of a few.
  • BlackyBetty - Sanctuary
    BlackyBetty - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    @raydoit
    yes and i invite the GMs to check my chatlog :)

starkill wrote: »
    How about if you attack Legendary you do 2 things
    1) give your in game name
    2) give name of person that you are slandering from Legendary guild

I am in Legendary avatar Wildette and the guild was as stunned as any to see AH prices. Guild itself is advocating a roll back to yesterday for fixing this issue. So watch your 2nd / 3rd hand slander of a great guild with nice people in it.

Wildette

you are not online ingame so i have to reply here...
    i am sorry to destroy your little perfect world...i like some legendary players too...but its not my fault that u have black sheeps in your faction, is it?
    and about open 'attacks'... i want to help to find a solution for this 'mysterious gold price increase'
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lawl. That's hilarious.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/raydoit27/2009-02-1309-53-55.jpg

Current status of Gold Trading for other servers to see lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    maybe is a joke from PWI dev for Friday 13th?? lol who knows??b:laugh

well, as we know there will be a rollback as soon as someone finishes 20 20 20 or any quest like that.

as we know the prices will go down as long the player buying all that gold gets banned/bored/or forget everything by a hit in the head b:pleased

so, all left is just to wait and laugh of ppl that buy that gold, because the economy laws will not let this happen for much time, and if they do, Dev will stop it

Bladecutter
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Basic economics class:
    Higher Gold Price = Less people buying gold
    Less peopel buying gold = Less ZEN income
    Less ZEN income = less money to PWI pockets

High Prices = Bad

Why would GMs do that?

More demand = higher prices
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009

In this case you aren't necessarily increasing demand for gold aside from a slight "bargain buyer's impulse" increase, the only thing that is happening is that the cost of gold relative to the cost of coins is changing drastically (which is bad for the game's economy, and not necessarily good for PWI's profits).

Rollback + Bonus XP Weekend and I might forget all about this. b:kiss
  • almostbigorre
    almostbigorre Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It seems odd that the gold price is increasing MAJORLY maybe some stupid chinese patch maker was Drunk at work b:laugh nah but i belive the patch creators fugged up because GMs wouldnt do that kind of stuff,they would be the ones that looses the most from it, Join HIGHLIFE$ today,why wait?b:victory :WereWolfie ,barbarian on Sactuary Server
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Falls for president!
    b:dirty
  • Noxin - Sanctuary
    Noxin - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Plzz rollback the server its a huge gold bugg atm ppl have ower 300 mil so far
    i wona play normal so plzz hurry with this

for you that dont know what i am talking about here is whats going on

if u have 1 gold u sell it for like 100k = you will get 1 mil and so on !!
    fun right .)
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Demand = players
    No players = No demand
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Rollback + Bonus XP Weekend and I might forget all about this. b:kiss

I second this...

Falls for president!

....and this.

HAHAHA Feeding time at the zoo

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/w...1315-15-31.jpg

lmao !!!

Yeah...prolly should go to Dreamweaver or sumtin if you wanna see the show without lag xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• marvinadams
    marvinadams Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well the only real solution that might do any good is to ban the player(s) who have abused this bug, there HAS to be a rollback because the economy is just fubar at the moment, and a ban is deserved IMO because people like betty have to lose 15 hrs of grind time because of the insatiable greed of a few.

excuse me ?? banned ?? mmm today i went to buy some zhen lol >.> and i wanted coins i had no idea of this bug / or w/e it is maybe its just the peeps trowing up the price ey ... because i think this game is pricy enough mallitems all way overpriced thats my opinion tho.... so today i want to get some coins tru selling gold i bought wooot i see 400k ... ( not knowing of this stupid bug) ... i mean i didnt know and now u say bann them??? HELLO its GM'S fault nobody elses he is the 1 responsible for the server and what happens in it .... banning the players is not fair then he shoulda shut down the server and made sure nobody could buy or sell zhen till it was fixed ... dont blame the players lawl
  • aoshi63
    aoshi63 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thnx for letting noobs havemore money than me, you know what ? Bug or Scam, I ****ing Quit this **** game ! Gud luck with the game everyone b:bye Your gonna need it with charm prices soaring to 2m b:pleased
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    excuse me ?? banned ?? mmm today i went to buy some zhen lol >.> and i wanted coins i had no idea of this bug / or w/e it is maybe its just the peeps trowing up the price ey ... because i think this game is pricy enough mallitems all way overpriced thats my opinion tho.... so today i want to get some coins tru selling gold i bought wooot i see 400k ... ( not knowing of this stupid bug) ... i mean i didnt know and now u say bann them??? HELLO its GM'S fault nobody elses he is the 1 responsible for the server and what happens in it .... banning the players is not fair then he shoulda shut down the server and made sure nobody could buy or sell zhen till it was fixed ... dont blame the players lawl

I don't see anyone getting banned. Exploits will always be exploited, hence the name.

I see a rollback, a whole mess of refunds, and an emergency maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solarplex - Sanctuary
    Solarplex - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There is a BIG difference between accidentally finding a bug and then abusing it to f*ck until you have a sh*tload of money.
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GM's please do a server rollback and fix this exploit. I just went to Archosaur and saw gold running for 900k a piece. ...
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    There is a BIG difference between accidentally finding a bug and then abusing it to f*ck until you have a sh*tload of money.

I agree 100%, but just knowing it's wrong to do it isn't going to stop 90% of the sever from doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well if 90% of the server does it then 90% of the server needs to be banned for bug abuse.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
This discussion has been closed.