Restoring the balance of power.

Comments

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nefarious needs to give other guilds a chance. TW isnt just meant for them. Every time a new guild gets land they just get knocked out by nefarious. they never attack legendary or outlaw I only see them attacking guild that own little land. Its not very fair.
    Its called taking out the weak guilds before u enter a huge epic war. If u notice Legendary and Outlaw have done the same. And if Regicide cant defend this week. Then it comes down to 3 guilds which can now battle relentlessly without tiny people distractions.
    xtinct23 wrote: »
    They don't need to give anyone a chance. You want a chance, get stronger and beat them. No, I am not affiliated with Nef, but statements like this are about as stupid as you can get.

You want a chance to be good, go play Hello Kitty Online if this is to tough.
    Wait wut?! I didnt know hello kitty came out with a game. b:dirty Im going to play that game now bai b:bye
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    my question have always been, since when is life fair? well maybe is fairyland. but here why do people think that everybody has to be nice. btw, how can regicide or rebirth be weak? they did knock out other faction to obtain the land, didn't they? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:victory we successfully defended agianst outlawb:victory
  • Reeperofevil - Sanctuary
    Reeperofevil - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nefarious is a very strong faction, and this inspires alot of disappointment and frustration about not being able to beat them, but nothing can last forever no matter how strong it is. I have many friends in Nefarious, and they are really cool, so I'm not posting this as a hate speech. We all saw what happened to ShockWave and Seppuku, and while they may not have been as strong as Nefarious, nothing will keep the same thing from happening to them.

While they take in 10's of millions a week, someone else will come along that is able to spend thousands of dollars on this game and become as rich or richer then the members of Nefarious could ever hope to be, and at that point the amount of money they have won't save them. True enough, only 3 factions can attack them in a close time period, but how many factions are already trying to gather the highest levels on the server to combine into one insanely strong faction that is bent on the destruction of any one guild that controls the entire map.

Unfortunately, none of the other large factions will attack them at the risk of losing the land they already have, though an attack on another large guild even by Nefarious would most likely end in a stalemate. This is because instead of letting the other large faction attack them, the smaller guilds see this as an opportunity to try and take land from the faction trying to defeat Nefarious.

This isn't a blame on the smaller factions, but simply an explanation of why people's greed on this server allows them to let one faction control the entire map.

Whether you like my input or not, there is at least some truth to it.b:victory
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    While they take in 10's of millions a week, someone else will come along that is able to spend thousands of dollars on this game and become as rich or richer then the members of Nefarious could ever hope to be, and at that point the amount of money they have won't save them.

That is kind of a strange thing to say. If each land gives 10 million coins per week, that is actually around $100 per week, so 18 Land is $1,800. (If someone sold thousands of dollars of Gold as in your example the price would start to deflate again so 100k coins to 1 gold is reasonable). I mean, if someone can spend more than $1,800 per week on a game (and be so generous as to give most of it to his faction mates), then wow!
    True enough, only 3 factions can attack them in a close time period, but how many factions are already trying to gather the highest levels on the server to combine into one insanely strong faction that is bent on the destruction of any one guild that controls the entire map.

To continue that thought: "So that those factions can then try to be the one guild that controls the entire map."

There is not much trust between factions, and while you can try to rally them together to fight some exaggerated "evil" as the original post here tries to do and states, most have enough foresight to see that once their original enemy is gone there will need to be someone to fill that vacuum and they will turn on themselves. I think we can all see past promises of "only wanting a few lands" or "just" wanting those "greedy Nefarious members off the map".

And good job Andromeda xD. b:victory I would have loved to have seen what was going on there, must have been some carnage.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nefarious is one bad mamajama.
    The truth of the matter is, they ARE the oldest standing faction. They HAVE a huge core of high level players. They WILL continue to dominate as long as their leadership holds and they maintain their core.

It is fun to see a bunch of guilds trying to collaborate and take down nef. Why wouldn't they? Nefarious holds the most lands and they should be proud of it. It's not fair? LOL go back to Russia you communists.

*on a side note* why is this thread back up? b:sad

Seppuku for life.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    With only a few factions remaining on the map, barriers being torn apart, this may be a turning point for several guilds. I'm not going to name any in particular, but this coming weekend may bring about the rise or fall of many. b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    my question have always been, since when is life fair? well maybe is fairyland. but here why do people think that everybody has to be nice. btw, how can regicide or rebirth be weak? they did knock out other faction to obtain the land, didn't they? :P

b:surrender we weak :P

• Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    come on rebirth is not weak :P can't say for regicide wasn't there :P

but i will say regicide is going down :P and maybe outlaw if steel get's any stronger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dirik - Sanctuary
    Dirik - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Why's everyone gotta be picking on us Regicide ;) we'll stand strong this weekend...hopefully..probably.....most likely............we still gotta chance....b:surrender
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    rofl, you lost the battle already going in with a mindset like that :P well you guys can attack outlaw :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yeah attack outlaw and hope you share the same night as steel. cause they will most likely send a full 80 against us
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    yeah attack outlaw and hope you share the same night as steel. cause they will most likely send a full 80 against us

We sent a full 80 when we defended against Outlaw. I have to admit I actually lagged with the 160 players ripping each other apart O_O.

Hoping to have more 80v80 battles in the future, win or lose, the excitement is what counts :D

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2009

but i will say regicide is going down :P and maybe outlaw if steel get's any stronger
    They sure went down...oh wait! They didnt b:chuckle
    rofl, you lost the battle already going in with a mindset like that :P well you guys can attack outlaw :P
    Well i guess their mindset is ftw? b:surrender
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Right! b:sad
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    so how is gonna be your next target :P i say outlaw :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nefarious is a very strong faction, and this inspires alot of disappointment and frustration about not being able to beat them, but nothing can last forever no matter how strong it is. I have many friends in Nefarious, and they are really cool, so I'm not posting this as a hate speech. We all saw what happened to ShockWave and Seppuku, and while they may not have been as strong as Nefarious, nothing will keep the same thing from happening to them.

While they take in 10's of millions a week, someone else will come along that is able to spend thousands of dollars on this game and become as rich or richer then the members of Nefarious could ever hope to be, and at that point the amount of money they have won't save them. True enough, only 3 factions can attack them in a close time period, but how many factions are already trying to gather the highest levels on the server to combine into one insanely strong faction that is bent on the destruction of any one guild that controls the entire map.

Unfortunately, none of the other large factions will attack them at the risk of losing the land they already have, though an attack on another large guild even by Nefarious would most likely end in a stalemate. This is because instead of letting the other large faction attack them, the smaller guilds see this as an opportunity to try and take land from the faction trying to defeat Nefarious.

This isn't a blame on the smaller factions, but simply an explanation of why people's greed on this server allows them to let one faction control the entire map.

Whether you like my input or not, there is at least some truth to it.b:victory
    I agree, quite true even in real history.

Although one thing i can say is that the remaining super powers at the moment are probably the 'real' ones aka Darwinism, 'survival of the fittest'.
    A few months ago the map was pretty much rainbow colors but considering Sanctuary or PWI itself launched around summer-fall of 2008, at least the first 6months+ or so would be the most unsteady hustle and bustle of mid to high skill factions, competing, merging, and dying out.

Once this unstable period has past, honestly it would take a pretty good amount of time for nature to run its course to degrade a superpower. That and some real luck (like internal drama) I'm eager to see how the next 6months of the map will look like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    so how is gonna be your next target :P i say outlaw :P

The real target, isn't your enemy. But ones self. [Iunno, I heard it somewhere. Sounded cool so.. b:shocked]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The real target, isn't your enemy. But ones self. [Iunno, I heard it somewhere. Sounded cool so.. b:shocked]

That is very Zen of you. Not the stuff you can charge with a credit card though.
  • Dr Salvation - Sanctuary
    Dr Salvation - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just think of it funny, seeing people arguing as if this were a REAL military attack to another country...I mean, it's just a game, yeah, I recognize that we ALL like to own a territory, but I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen if nefarious did take over all PW? it's not like they can force us to do stuff we don't want to (unlike in real life)...
    -Die? Haha! Dying is the last thing I'll ever do in my life!-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    i highly doubt nef would control the entire map anytime soon, that is just a bad idea from my point of view. i don't want to have 13 tw a week for every single week, i'll go crazyb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    i highly doubt nef would control the entire map anytime soon, that is just a bad idea from my point of view. i don't want to have 13 tw a week for every single week, i'll go crazyb:cry

b:laugh then let's hope it never happens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    but I DO recognize that sometimes I feel bad for players who just started in sanctuary server (and sometimes bad for myself)...low lvls (unless they don't have a social live and spend 12/7 in this game) will always be lower lvls against those who have started before...so their chances to get to a good lvl to start TWing are quite null...I've been thinking of a way that low lvls could own a territory, but I don't think it'll really work, so I'll just save it for myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary
    Lee_Hyori - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    With only a few factions remaining on the map, barriers being torn apart, this may be a turning point for several guilds. I'm not going to name any in particular, but this coming weekend may bring about the rise or fall of many. b:chuckle

Noooo... Im 3 hrs short of the 100 hr requirement to join Friday's TW for Outlaw. b:angry Guess I'll have to grab Dan to TT runs all day long and hope he sleeps in and miss TW. b:laugh

Btw, you R attacking us this week, right? Right?
  • ArcAzrael - Sanctuary
    ArcAzrael - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i just wanna say...REGICIDE ROCKS!.:S
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    b:laugh then let's hope it never happens

It -can't- happen, being that 3 powered factions could take a territory from Nef, this weekend, if they attacked. However they won't. Not yet, anyway. b:bye
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    It -can't- happen, being that 3 powered factions could take a territory from Nef, this weekend, if they attacked. However they won't. Not yet, anyway. b:bye

you are making the assumption that all 3 tw will be at the same time b:chuckle if it was then maybe, but if it isn't it's gonna be another wasted week for the faction that attack b:laugh and there is nothing worst than a wasted week
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    but I DO recognize that sometimes I feel bad for players who just started in sanctuary server (and sometimes bad for myself)...low lvls (unless they don't have a social live and spend 12/7 in this game) will always be lower lvls against those who have started before...so their chances to get to a good lvl to start TWing are quite null...I've been thinking of a way that low lvls could own a territory, but I don't think it'll really work, so I'll just save it for myself

A different game I used to play for 2 years managed this by having instances only certain levels could enter and battle over. The instances were divided over every 10-20 levels.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This week should be interesting. Since Nef is going for a city raid (city of Lost) it would be a good time for other factions to focus attack on their normal territories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    outlaw blood seems more enticing :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.