For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    How fast is your internet connection?

For the patcher update and server to get the information to the game quick, your internet connection has to be solid and stable (even though the patch is really small).

For the Open Beta which start Sept 2, PST, we are working to have a manual patch download link(s) so that it will make it easier on people to patch without having to have a super solid internet connection.

All I can say is to keep trying.

Update: I don't think Mongolia is IP blocked (waiting to get the latest confirmed list from the team), but depending on how close you are to China, your IP may fall within range of being a Chinese IP address, which means you would have to play the Chinese version.

IP blocking means that your internet protocol address, which every computer and network has on the internet, is blocked from a certain location. PWI blocks 11 or so countries.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Yes, some Asian countries are IP blocked because they already have their own versions there.

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_os.html

Scroll down the left side of the page and you can see where other regions have their own versions of PWI.

PW is a Chinese MMORPG that has expanded out (been around 4-6 years) , and is now releasing versions for rest of the world.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • madd
    madd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Right now it is Aug. 29, 2008. I did everything i was suppose to do. What am I doing wrong?
    I can't log in. I even changed my password (a billion times) What's going on? The site says, it's ready to play.
    Well...I'm ready to play! I dont know....maybe I just had my hopes up for another stupid game let-down :(
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Make sure you have a Beta Key for the Closed Beta.

Make sure you key it in correctly into your forum profile and it is accepted.

Try changing your password.

Check to see that you downloaded the right version. There are different ones. Only download from one of the sources here:

http://perfectworld.com/download

You must have a solid internet connection to get the installation files uncorrupted. Some ISPs, etc; will throttle your bandwidth which will result in a corrupted download.

Being rude and vulgar to people isn't going to help your case. We are trying to help you narrow down the issues.

The biggest issues are:

with people's internet connections (not being reliable enough for a 2GB+ download, bandwidth throttling, lost packets), not having the beta key or not applied it to their profile (hence your user name and password won't be recognized), not having the patience to calmly read through and search the forums and post/reply in a decent manner.

PC gaming is not as easy as console gaming. There are hundreds of millions of variables in system configs, software installed, and reliability of internet connections. It is a trial and error thing. Think if it like paper, rock, scissors=yes it'll work, maybe it'll work, it won't work.
  • paully
    paully Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i got thru the patch and all that but when i try to put in my password and account it wont work why?
  • paully
    paully Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    where do i get the beta key from
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    http://www.mmoabc.com/Perfect-World-Giveaway.html

Try there.

Open Beta starts Sept 2, and your characters will be wiped, keep that in mind!:D
  • d4rkcha0s
    d4rkcha0s Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    How fast is your internet connection?

For the patcher update and server to get the information to the game quick, your internet connection has to be solid and stable (even though the patch is really small).

For the Open Beta which start Sept 2, PST, we are working to have a manual patch download link(s) so that it will make it easier on people to patch without having to have a super solid internet connection.

All I can say is to keep trying.

Update: I don't think Mongolia is IP blocked (waiting to get the latest confirmed list from the team), but depending on how close you are to China, your IP may fall within range of being a Chinese IP address, which means you would have to play the Chinese version.

IP blocking means that your internet protocol address, which every computer and network has on the internet, is blocked from a certain location. PWI blocks 11 or so countries.

i dont think its his internet connection because i tryed it on the malaysian one or how ever u spell it and it did the same thing, and my internet connection isnt that bad, and i've tryed the manual patches on that one and it for some reason couldnt read the patch, and actualy ive tryed it on a couple of computers my self i tryed it on this computer (mine) and my friends comp they're the same comp with the same net connection pretty mutch, and his worked perfectly, and mine does the stuff that this guys is doing, mabye they dont have dot frame work, im gettin ready 2 go get that, or mabye they're using "windows tiny" wich comes with service pack 3 or something and its not reading something right, but yeah ima go get dotframework and try it out after that. sry if i repeated myself a few times lil stoned >.<

oh yeah i think i know what it might be, if someone who it works for, could tell me what the contents of the file "pid.ini" that wud b nice cuz this is what mine says, if it says any different for the people who it works for maybe thats the problem.
  • caroly3n
    caroly3n Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i put in the ip and it says everythign can u tell me my pass and ip u can tell i am not hacking a account cause the account hasent even been made in the game
  • tuningboy258
    tuningboy258 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i just cant log in because i dont get the beta key how much time will take????

need help plz....

thx
  • rupp
    rupp Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ya yat at yasdfasdf
  • gravier
    gravier Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i cant log in and i installed game from website dont know how to get my beta closed key or whatever
  • robi
    robi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ive patch to version 4 already so i dont see what is the new excuse now ive been trying to log in for abt 4 hrs now and there is still no mercy on my end this is totally stupid
  • sortplug
    sortplug Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i cant log in the game any one help here??:(
    im from singapore:)
  • kuno495
    kuno495 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hi all I'm new here *waves* Ok so I downloaded the game and everything went perfect. And then when I signed into the game it said log in time restriction and starting counting up to 40 (sometimes it wouldn't even go all the way to 40) and then it would put me back into the log in screen saying unable to connect to server. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Because I'm sure my pw and sn are correct. I even got one of those closed beta keys. Can anyone help me?
  • dantex
    dantex Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So I've read the other sticky about deleting the element.data file as well as the tasks.data file (because it was getting stuck at element) but still no luck. I first only deleted the element one because that's the first file and it was getting stuck there. Eventually it got past.....only to stop at tasks from now on.....

So here's my log file. I hope it'll all paste here.

EDIT: Guess not

2008/8/31 05:06:51=====================================================================
    2008/8/31 05:06:51开始
    2008/8/31 05:07:09Connecting to server
  • vulpitac
    vulpitac Posts: 2
    edited August 2008
    i have the same problems like all the guys Download file=./configs/buff_str.txt ( Decompress files fails ) 2008/8/30 22:57:32Download file=./configs/buff_str.txt 2008/8/30 22:57:32Decompress files fails 2008/8/30 22:57:44Folder closed successfully
  • titanium
    titanium Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hi,me too
    I new player,I creat my account today and I cannot log ingame

bad account or password
    I change my passworld in the site web but nothing :(

anyone can help me for that plz ?

thank and sorry for my bad English
  • gameiro
    gameiro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    where i get de key?
  • clarkery
    clarkery Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well I live in Barbados what about that? it's a Caribbean island
  • aliprop
    aliprop Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    1.I've obtained the beta key and downloaded the client from Gamespot
    2.I've already changed my pasword
    But the patcher still don't work

what should I do?:confused:
  • frozen192
    frozen192 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wow.... for what thats all -.- can't you just upload patch so we can download it then Copy > paste and all will happy -.- :confused: :eek:
  • aliprop
    aliprop Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    http://www.mmoabc.com/Perfect-World-Giveaway.html

Try there.

Open Beta starts Sept 2, and your characters will be wiped, keep that in mind!:D

Ok! you mean that the game can't be updated until 2 sep.?
  • dello
    dello Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of Perfect World? The version you want is Perfect World International, and you have to get the client from us, not any of the other sources on the internet, as there are 10+different versions out there.

Are you in an Asian country trying to connect, or in Turkey? Those countries are IP blocked

Ok, im in scotland, what client do i need? because the one i downloaded from here doesnt work :s same Buff_str.txt then it fails, then on the manual patched it cant connect to the server :S

Me and my m8 are wanting to play it but this is the 3rd time iv downloaded a client for the game and it still wont work.

Thanks.

[EDIT] Sep 2nd is 2moz :D so... Iv got my beta key, and account done :D!
    PLEASE say you cant update until 2moz, because if you can update now im fecked :'(
  • dantex
    dantex Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well.....after many, many re-tries it eventually patched. It took a good, long while to get past the tasks.data file, but after that the rest went by in about a second or two.

So anybody else having problems, keep trying I suppose.
  • kuno495
    kuno495 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Never mind I got it to work now :D, thnx to anyways
  • titanium
    edited September 2008
    I think we need wait the 2 Sept

follow the link of the administrator for the key

Have fun
  • titanium
    edited September 2008
    Ok,now this run

DL Perfect World on the official site web
    Wait a key or follow the link of the Administrator

on my Pc him work on Vistat but if you a problem

right clic on Perfectword.exe go to propriet
  • frozen192
    frozen192 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so...... how i can download patch or how updater can be repaired...???
  • tyddraig
    tyddraig Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Xarfox or Deathpanda Just to let you know that well....it work for me today no idea why

But if your tech team have been tinkering what ever they've done has worked for me at least :D

YEY now to try PWI

- peace
This discussion has been closed.