For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've edited a bunch of posts to remove the unofficial manual patch files that I created, and link to the official one instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Kewl, thanks! :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • pyroforce
    pyroforce Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    This is what worked for me after getting stuck on the “data.dsk” during the closed beta patch and on the elements.dsk (I think that was the name of the file) during the open beta.

I am using Windows Vista.

First, close the patcher. (If you have it open…)
    Second, go into C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International
    (Default installation location)
    You should see 4 folders, open the “launcher” folder.
    Double click on the “Launcher” application
    Once you double click on that file a small window will open up that says “connecting to server”
    After that window closes Windows Vista will ask you permission to start “patcher.exe” select Allow
    The patcher will open up and it should ask you to “continue download” or “restart download.” Choose continue download… after that the patcher should complete and you’ll be able to play!

I have done this on 2 computers both running Windows Vista.
    I hope this works for other people!

A little side note, when I did this during the closed beta Window’s Defender told me it detected a Trojan horse downloader threat (I can’t remember the exact wordage), click Remove All and continue with the process. It did this on my other computer as well during the closed beta. When I did it during the open beta, it did not detect anything…
  • pyroforce
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hope this helps!
  • tiffanyrose
    tiffanyrose Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've tried it and it won't extract. I do have WinRAR installed and it an error pops up saying: Unexpected end of archive
  • anothai
    anothai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ok this is my list, and im using Windows Vista!! :D Please if you can help me :D

2008/9/6 00:02:10开始
    2008/9/6 00:02:10Connecting to server…
    2008/9/6 00:02:23Downloading listed files…
    2008/9/6 00:02:23Start files update
    2008/9/6 00:02:23Download file=./configs/badwords.txt
    2008/9/6 00:02:24Decompress files fails
    2008/9/6 00:02:43Download file=./configs/badwords.txt
    2008/9/6 00:02:44Decompress files fails
    2008/9/6 00:03:04Download file=./configs/badwords.txt
    2008/9/6 00:03:04Decompress files fails
    2008/9/6 00:03:27Update interrupted
    2008/9/6 00:03:32开始版本验证...
    2008/9/6 00:03:33Downloading listed files…
    2008/9/6 00:03:48Begin verification…
    2008/9/6 00:03:48Verified files=./configs/console_cmd.txt
    2008/9/6 00:03:48Verify files fails
    2008/9/6 00:03:48Download file=./configs/console_cmd.txt
    2008/9/6 00:03:49Decompress files fails
    2008/9/6 00:04:08Download file=./configs/console_cmd.txt
    2008/9/6 00:04:09Decompress files fails
    2008/9/6 00:04:28Download file=./configs/console_cmd.txt
    2008/9/6 00:04:29Decompress files fails
    2008/9/6 00:04:52Verification intterrupted
    2008/9/6 00:04:56Folder closed successfully
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Try 7-Zip http://www.7-zip.org/ and see if that will work for you.

We have WinRAR and 7-Zip, and it works for us.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Try the manual patch on the download page, middle of the page:

http://perfectworld.com/download :D
  • anothai
    anothai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Try the manual patch on the download page, middle of the page:

http://perfectworld.com/download :D

I've tried and I doesnt work :(
    And I still have problem with patching
  • noodleburger
    noodleburger Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I downloaded the game with the official downloader tool, I unrarred the manual patch, it failed just like the auto patch.
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Options
    tricktia wrote: »
    auto-updater broken?? FORUM BROKEN !? if thats truth how the heck you posting then:confused: and btw state more detailed problem then clame something broken cuz I don't think you even sure whats broken:rolleyes:

I would have, but the forum was chopping off 90% of my posts. And yes the auto-updater is broken for a lot of people.
  • maesterbacman
    maesterbacman Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok, the automatic update process wasn't working with my computer. It always gets stuck while updating the tasks.data file. I was going to send the mail with the log files, but I read this thread first, and proceeded to perform the manual patch.

I followed the given steps, and the result was good. The game update client changed from version 1 to version 5, and the game ran. :)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It isn't broken, some internet connections don't want to cooperate when the update is occurring, as it can't have any lost packets during download (my understanding).

We have a manual patch. See Sticky http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=42021 :D
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Right now the manual patch isn't even downloading...it stopped at 3%.
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Try this link. I downloaded and re-uploaded the manual patch in .zip format for anyone without winrar or 7-zip. This should work and is hosted on filefront.

Manual Patch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kinetikop wrote: »
    Try this link. I downloaded and re-uploaded the manual patch in .zip format for anyone without winrar or 7-zip. This should work and is hosted on filefront.

Manual Patch

Much faster. Thank you.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have put in a request to make it a .zip, or in its native file format for all of you, since it is such a small file. :D
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks darthpanda, also if my links are against the rules please let me know and I will take the file off of Filefront and remove the links, or you can remove the links for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't see anything until the official one goes up. :rolleyes:
  • arcticchill
    arcticchill Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

System Information
    Time of this report: 9/5/2008, 23:10:02
    Machine name: ARCTIC-LAPTOP
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    System Model: VGN-NR220E
    BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1014MB RAM
    Page File: 494MB used, 1945MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_902D104D&REV_0C
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: igxprd32.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4847 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/5/2007 17:09:18, 57344 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: igxpmp32.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 9/5/2007 17:09:18, 5762208 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-1261-27B0ADC2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x2A02
    SubSys ID: 0x902D104D
    Revision ID: 0x000C
    Revision ID: 0x000C
    Video Accel:
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Not Available
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Please do not post entire dxdiags here.
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I downloaded the game with the official downloader tool, I unrarred the manual patch, it failed just like the auto patch.

well real termin is extracted with winrar or similare and I also downloaded manual patch even if its near 10 MB big there is still danger while downloading you lose packets (downloaded file might become corrupted even if source isn't) and manual patch doesn't require official download manager cuz there isn't one so I quote myself again
    tricktia wrote: »
    try to download it useing download manager like Orbit or Flashget
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The manual patch is no longer in a compressed format. Please see Sticky for this thread! :D
  • geleguldvisk
    geleguldvisk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hmm, okay here are my problems,
    i instaled the game, verified everything, then i tried to update, didn't work
    okay i deleted the named files, updated still didnt work. manual patch didnt work either.
    i looked up at my update log:
    Angelica File Module Error Log
    Created(or opened) on 06/09/2008 19:27:00

[19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [configs\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [facedata\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [gfx\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [grasses\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [help\script\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [interfaces\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [building\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [models\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [sfx\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [shaders\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [surfaces\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [textures\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [trees\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [litmodels\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.942] AFilePackage::ReadFile(), Can not find file entry [loddata\version.sw]!
    [19:27:00.978] Log file closed successfully!

i dont know what that all means but the can not find things arent good i geuss..
    please help me out
  • pretzel
    pretzel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    im on the launcher and it ask me to update automatically or no. i press automatically and it didnt do anything for like the whole 30mins i waited for it. i need advise help me please!:(
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Options
    This is really driving me nuts. Are there any other options for updating?

Could someone with version 5 possibly zip up their \Perfect World International\Patcher folder and upload it? Maybe a newer version of the patch program will allow us to update the game. If someone wants to PM me with a link to the files, I can try it and report back what happens (so a bunch of people don't end up **** things up worse).

My buddy and I wanted to lan up tonight and try this game out.. and I can't get it to update. I'm willing to try anything.

Some good quick upload sites:
    www.filedropper.com
    www.filesavr.com
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Options
    edit: nevermind

Tried and it didn't work.
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If you would like I can upload my PWI\Patcher folder as well as any other files when I get home from work (about an hour or so, plus time to upload them) and pm you links and you can try it. I have premium rapidshare account and filefront account, and megaupload if you prefer one or the other let me know and I will upload it to said site. Also let me know what files you want uploaded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have a premium rapidshare account too.. so that would be fine.

Just zip up the entire PWI\Patcher folder, there's no private info in there. You can leave out the log files if you want.. doesn't matter. Thanks a lot.
  • pyroforce
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Has anyone tried my solution? I am curious to see if it helped or not.
This discussion has been closed.