For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• wendel
    wendel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    For some reason i can log onto my account but my brother cant, I even tried logging into his account on my computer, and it isnt working. Whats the problem? It was downloaded patched and activated, i can log into my account on my computer but it says wrong id/password when i type his in.... I invited so many people to play this game with me and if they have trouble trying it out they may all decide not to play....
  • magick
    magick Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Never had this problem with any other games ive ever played.

2008/8/25 22:11:27=====================================================================
    2008/8/25 22:11:27开始
    2008/8/25 22:11:42Connecting to server…
    2008/8/25 22:12:07Downloading listed files…
    2008/8/25 22:12:07Start files update
    2008/8/25 22:12:07Download file=./configs/buff_str.txt
    2008/8/25 22:12:07Download file=./configs/fonts.txt
    2008/8/25 22:12:08Download file=./configs/fixed_msg.txt
    2008/8/25 22:12:08Download file=./configs/item_desc.txt
    2008/8/25 22:12:08Download file=./configs/item_ext_desc.txt
    2008/8/25 22:12:10Download file=./configs/server_error.txt
    2008/8/25 22:12:11Download file=./configs/skillstr.txt
    2008/8/25 22:12:12Download file=./data/gshop.data
    2008/8/25 22:12:14Download file=./data/elements.data
    2008/8/25 22:12:26Download file=./data/task_npc.data
    2008/8/25 22:12:28Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:17:23Verify files fails
    2008/8/25 22:17:31Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:18:04Decompress files fails
    2008/8/25 22:18:04Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:18:30Decompress files fails
    2008/8/25 22:18:41Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:20:48Verify files fails
    2008/8/25 22:20:55Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:24:00Verify files fails
    2008/8/25 22:24:06Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:24:54Folder closed successfully
    2008/8/25 22:25:08=====================================================================
    2008/8/25 22:25:08开始
    2008/8/25 22:25:08Connecting to server…
    2008/8/25 22:25:25Start files update
    2008/8/25 22:25:25Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:28:26Verify files fails
    2008/8/25 22:28:32Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:31:42Verify files fails
    2008/8/25 22:31:52Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/8/25 22:32:13Folder closed successfully
    2008/8/25 22:42:30=====================================================================
    2008/8/25 22:42:30开始
    2008/8/25 22:42:30Connecting to server…
    2008/8/25 22:42:44Downloading listed files…
    2008/8/25 22:42:45Start files update
    2008/8/25 22:42:45Download file=./configs/buff_str.txt
    2008/8/25 22:42:45Download file=./configs/fonts.txt
    2008/8/25 22:42:45Download file=./configs/fixed_msg.txt
    2008/8/25 22:42:45Download file=./configs/item_desc.txt
    2008/8/25 22:42:46Download file=./configs/item_ext_desc.txt
    2008/8/25 22:42:48Download file=./configs/server_error.txt
    2008/8/25 22:42:48Download file=./configs/skillstr.txt
    2008/8/25 22:42:49Download file=./data/gshop.data
    2008/8/25 22:42:50Download file=./data/elements.data
    2008/8/25 22:47:23Verify files fails
    2008/8/25 22:47:32Download file=./data/elements.data
    2008/8/25 22:52:03Verify files fails
    2008/8/25 22:52:09Download file=./data/elements.data
  • sepulcher
    sepulcher Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This still hasn't been addressed?

Come on, admins.
  • epiphanyboy
    epiphanyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sepulcher wrote: »
    This still hasn't been addressed?

Come on, admins.

they told me since they was closing up for the night they'd see about it in the morning
    Enough............
  • tcaldw5150
    tcaldw5150 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    has anybody got a reply from techs about patching problem yet ?
  • ollie
    ollie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have the same problem with logging into the game, it just times out after about 20 seconds.

I've tried emailing tech support but all they could suggest was:

-Changing my password which didn't help
    -And then creating a new account for which I'd need to create a new email account as I can't re-use the same email address, which is way too much hassle for a free game like this.

I think I might just give up on this game, it looks like a good laugh but this is just frustrating :mad:
  • wittsy
    wittsy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    My update fails from corrupt files apprently...here is dxdiag and Log

System Information
    Time of this report: 2/21/2008, 19:54:55
    Machine name: MAIN-PC
    Operating System: Windows Vista
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Does anyone actually READ the Stickies? Help us help you...

Please? :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • hydroxic
    hydroxic Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so we have to download malyasia client in orders to play if we`r living in singapore?
  • hydroxic
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so we have to download malaysia client if we are living in singapore?

i can patch the file but the PVE server is not open so how they expect us to play with the server close? and PVP server,it says incorrect username or password ==
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hydroxic wrote: »
    so we have to download malaysia client if we are living in singapore?

i can patch the file but the PVE server is not open so how they expect us to play with the server close? and PVP server,it says incorrect username or password ==

lol I am lvl 20 blademaster does that sounds like servers closed >.< besides only PVP servers are opened for closed beta PVE are closed ever since it started:rolleyes: and whats this talk you have to download malaysia client thats diffrent client (in some own way) you need Perfect World International Client and you can get (comfirmed working ones) from direct download or from mmofury also of course you have to update/patch to Version 4 (curently thats version for me) since any client you download starts at Version 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hydroxic
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i`ve patch to version 4 already so now how can i play the game? which server should i connect to?
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hydroxic wrote: »
    i`ve patch to version 4 already so now how can i play the game? which server should i connect to?

you have two choises EtherBlade or Lost city they both PVP servers others are swiched off for time been its up to you to witch you login everything gona be whiped out anyway at end of 2 september to start open beta:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyddraig
    tyddraig Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Does anyone actually READ the Stickies? Help us help you...

Please? :D

No they really don't lol :D I did and I sent in my details, I havn't had a reply yet :(.
  • shamato
    shamato Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok i've downloaded the game but like many others in this forum i cannot log in and would like some help on what i should do to fix the problem and start playing
  • goroashi
    goroashi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    You downloaded the wrong client. You got the malaysian engrish version from Cubinet, not the PWI version. Oracle and Delphi are their servers. Here they are called Lost City and Ethersword.

I guess you did not. Here's the page for the official PWI client : http://www.perfectworld.com/download

You're right, i don't know what happened. I downloaded the torrent from the "download" link in the perfect world international webpage and i didn't notice it was the malaysian english version (it's very strange that the same link today brings me to a totally different download page). I downloaded the whole thing like in 3 days and I have 3 days playing it know, so I don't think I will redownload and restart in the international version. Are there any worthy differences or is the same if I just stay in the oracle server? Thank you for your response
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The Malaysian client has a terrible "Engrish" translation, and has many pop culture reference spread throughout the game for some reason. PWE has been working to translate the in-game text from the Chinese text

Their customer support has a bad rep, because it is by a company who LICENSED the game from us, the developers/publisher. Our customer support & technical support is diligent and likes to track down, test out, and we try to resolve any issues the best ways we can.

Their servers have a ton of bot and scamming things going on. We are setting things in place and will be doing what we can to keep people from ruining the game play experience for the legit players.

If you wish to play PWI, uninstall the MY version completely from your PC, all directories, etc.

Then try downloading from us, and make sure you get our client.

As for connecting to OUR servers, Etherblade or Lost City would be the ones you want to connect to, via PWE's client.

For the patching issues, it is a really small patch, and you gotta have a solid, stable connection to our server during the patching process.

For Open Beta, we should have a manual patching option up and available too.

:D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • strifed
    strifed Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i've been sitting here for three hours trying to log in but when i try it just says "Incorrect Account name or password". if its the wrong ID how did i log into the website??? HELP ME
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Try changing your password.

Did you get a Beta Key for PWI?

Did you have it applied and accepted to your forum account on your forum profile page?

Try using the original password you used when you first signed up for your forum account to get in game with.

Ge tin game with it a few times, then go back to the forums and change your password there.

Then try to login with your new name and password.

Hope that helps!

:D
  • strifed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this is so frustrating i already did everything you said and i still can't get >.< its gettin me really frustrated i wanna smash my keybord through my moniter
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You may not get a reply.

I, or someone else, gets the logs and screenshots, compiles them together so they are eaiser to browse and read through, and then passes them on to the people who can make the changes, if they are going to.

That is all we can do most of the time if it is a weird driver issue, or poor internet connection on your end. If a specific fix does come up for your computer, we'll contact you.

Otherwise, keep trying, read and search the forums (as the community as a ton more people interacting and installing the game then we do), and see if a new patch helps your issue(s) or not.

We will usually post on the forums any fixes and updates that have occurred as soon as we know about them.

We appreciate your interest in Perfect World International, your patience and your understanding.

Things may be easier for Open Beta with manual patches being available (they are working on it so I hear). Patching from the main server, you MUST have a quick connection, even though the patch is small and doens't take long at all to download when your connection wants to cooperate. :D
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's just a game sir, calm down. :D

How did you manage to do everything I asked in 6 minutes?

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of Perfect World? The version you want is Perfect World International, and you have to get the client from us, not any of the other sources on the internet, as there are 10+different versions out there.

Are you in an Asian country trying to connect, or in Turkey? Those countries are IP blocked.

PC gaming is not perfect, and never will be. Hundreds of millions of system configs, and has almost unlimited software and internet connection pssibilities.

Try creating a new forum account, get a new Beta Key, apply it to your account, and see if you can get in.

If you are still having login issues, send an email to customerservice at perfectworldinc dot com and tell them Darhtpanda16 sent you from tech support to see if they can help you with your account info, and reference this thread.

And please be nice, we are trying to help you! :D
  • strifed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    that sertainly calmed me down and it wasn't 6 mins i had tried everything in the before hand and i've done everything on yiur new list too this service can almost compare to Blizzard...
    thanks for the help i'll send an email to the link provieded if nesesary :D
  • ericj
    ericj Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I had the problem and was getting the following message:
    2008/8/28 16:03:23Download file=./data/elements.data
    2008/8/28 16:03:43Decompress files fails

I manually deleted the existing 'C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\data\elements.data' file and tried to run it again, and it worked perfectly.
  • bison
    bison Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i got the update patch to work on my vista but my fathers (xp) ..i.e <this computer> the update will not go past elements.data

found and emailed the dxdiag to techs .. but cant find the logg file on my dads comp :(

not to good with computers here lol .. so if someones got a fix can you post it on the forum :D
  • amga
    amga Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's just a game sir, calm down. :D

How did you manage to do everything I asked in 6 minutes?

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of Perfect World? The version you want is Perfect World International, and you have to get the client from us, not any of the other sources on the internet, as there are 10+different versions out there.

Are you in an Asian country trying to connect, or in Turkey? Those countries are IP blocked.

PC gaming is not perfect, and never will be. Hundreds of millions of system configs, and has almost unlimited software and internet connection pssibilities.

Try creating a new forum account, get a new Beta Key, apply it to your account, and see if you can get in.

If you are still having login issues, send an email to customerservice at perfectworldinc dot com and tell them Darhtpanda16 sent you from tech support to see if they can help you with your account info, and reference this thread.

And please be nice, we are trying to help you! :D

Lol Really Asian Countries IP BLOCKED?
    Why Dont tell it ON Download mirrors or anywhere of www.perfectworld.com site?
    **** i wasted 4 days for downloading.
    First 3 downloads .zip files are damaged. latest i downloaded from torrent.
    WHY Dont Tell that **** IP Blocks? What countries blocked etc.
    Allow Mongolian IP's. We wanna try play iT. Mongolian iPs begans 202.xxx.xxx.xxx
  • amga
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Im from an Asian country. i cant pass update element.data and there arent update servers.
    Whats Wrong ? what i have to do?
  • icame2kill
    icame2kill Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    im having problem trying to install the patch. When i launch the game i couldnt see the button
  • xxxneoxxx
    xxxneoxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i used all help here in the forum but iam cannot connect to the server ! incorrect passwort or name... iam just wanna play the game but i cant! i have change my password ... i have create a new account... i have change the server ... I CAN NOT LOG IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amga
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have Updating problem.
    then See that a picture
    this elements.data takes a long time.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9648/pw1lq5.jpg

Later this messagebox will appears

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4459/pw4ln9.jpg

Im from Mongolia.

PLS. Help Me admins and mods.