For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• yetipaul
    yetipaul Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i have this odd eror come up. can anybody help??

i cant post my screen shot here, but its in an odd font/language and it is preventing me from logging into the game. where can i send this screen shot?? how can i get around it??
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Many people are downloading the WRONG CLIENT. Which will result in you NOT BEING ABLE TO LOGIN to our client, or not being able to patch PWI, because you have the wrong version.

Please make sure you all have downloaded the Perfect World International client from here:

http://perfectworld.com/download

Many people are grabbing the wrong client (like the Malaysian one = FAIL) from Xfire and other gaming websites (especially today). Those are different versions for different regions, controlled by other companies on support and service.

Grabbing patches from other websites will result in you not being able to login, or patch, because it is for the other versions, not PWI.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • delvetures1
    delvetures1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My game version is 16 currently after manual patching but i don't seem to be able to start the game. My buttons on the client is Update Game, Manual, Verify, etc..

It displays the message saying that Update Server was under maintainence. However, this message has been there for quite a long time already.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this problem? Thanks a lot.
  • koval
    koval Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    2008/9/3 22:06:54=====================================================================
    2008/9/3 22:06:54开始
    2008/9/3 22:07:13Connecting to server

EDIT: problem solved!!!
    just as it was writen in other topic:
    I've deleted files: element.data and tasks.data (both) from "...Perfect World International\element\data" folder
    and now everything is OK
  • ascherit
    ascherit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hey, I just got past the element file, but now im stuck with task file. What i did to get past the element file was to restart the update from the beginning.
  • ascherit
    ascherit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    gr8 news for me i guess, just got past the task file as well
    When it pops up that error to tell you that update has failed
    i left it alone and it disappear after a bit, then the task file starts updating now im done ppl. LOL
    good luck with this problem. =]
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    voidknight wrote: »
    ok first off i dont have a current log that ties anything from this game. The problem with mine is entirely different, mine isnt even logging in and has yet to make a move from version 1 in the patch. I think i need help correcting that problem first

log and logging in isn't same thing in fact log thats been talking about is from update itself lol (so you should have log if you tryed to update where can't remamber) and acourding to what you sayed you HAVE same prob as everyone else and that's Patching/updateing Client only advice I can give ya is to try and try to update untill you finaly do it update mostly freeze at Element.data and Task.data if you pass these you be able to update rest

EDIT: curent version for me is Version 5 in closed beta it Version 4 also everywhere rest except direct download is Version 1 in direct download it should give you version 3 and not 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rrcp1us
    rrcp1us Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I guess it's nice to know I'm not the only one with the patch problems, I guess this is just not worth the trouble.
    Took me a while to download it to find out I can't even play it. :/
    I read more people had issues on vista, does this game even work on vista?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    See if your router port is open to 29000.

Try connecting your computer directly to your cable, DSL or satellite modem.

Check if your anti-virus or security software is restricting communications for the game.

Get a better internet connection?? 768k~96kbps is MY recommendation.

Check if your country, ISP, school work, city, etc; is restricting access to our servers.

If you are trying to play on a laptop, with the bare minimum system requirements, in my opinion, you're potentially going to have problems getting the game to run well. Laptops CPUs and GPUs may not run fast enough consistently.

Hope that helps some. :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You have the wrong client, our version is 5, and the game is Perfect World International, which you can find here:

http://perfectworld.com/download

Don't download from other locations, as you could wind up with the MY (Malaysian), European, Brazilian, Russian, Chinese, or any of the other many versions, that aren't supported for this client.

It is confusing, but the game has been out for 4+ years and is a globally played game.

Our Servers are Heaven's Tear and Lost City.

You'll have to uninstall, delete all remaining directories and leftover files of the other versions.

Download the PWI version, extract it, install it.

Then you'll be able to use your forum name and password from THIS website to access OUR game! :D
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think the direct download and other links on our download page is Version 3, then the patcher updates it to 5.

Grabbing the latest install is probably the best way to go.
  • tricktia
    edited September 2008
    Options
    d4rkcha0s wrote: »
    ::EDIT:: well i figured something out about my problem, didnt fix it, but it did something, i saw that on my pw patcher that it said version 1, i read some posts and saw that panda said that this game was version 5, and i went in my pwi folder and went 2 config and changed the file "version.sw" so that it says 5 0, then i went into the patcher file and saw another version.sw, and changed it from 1 to 5 and when i opened my patcher, it didnt ask to patch, just to verify, dont know if that helps any admins at all, oh yeah it also gave me the option to start, and i pressed start, and it just closed the launcher, and didnt bring up the pw client

err I HAVE to warn you about something what you did is not legal chaging anything including file that informs you what version is your client updated you can get banned doing something like that specialy if you try to edit ini type file besides its pointless to change number of version cuz you have problems in future like you miss something in game cuz you didn't do an UPDATE 0_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah, don't edit the game's files. You get found out, you will get banned. Legitimately update the game please.
  • warkid
    warkid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    2008/9/4 20:18:08=====================================================================
    2008/9/4 20:18:08开始
    2008/9/4 20:18:37Connecting to server
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have been testing the manual patch and hopefully we'll have it available in the next day or two. The link is up on the download page, but we're still downloading it and testing it.

Update: New Sticky for the manual patch download!!! http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=42021
  • wikiton
    wikiton Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    2008/8/22 09:36:36=====================================================================
    2008/8/22 09:36:36开始
    2008/8/22 09:36:53Connecting to server
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Keep it up kids, and bans will be forthcoming.
  • theeman0
    theeman0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The Patchin doesnt work, says the file is damaged, even tho it had CLEARLY said nothing before
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    After testing, and testing... and testing... here is the manual patch that I've been bugging multiple people to get, and they have worked hard on getting it together. :D

If you need to download the game, go here to download it: http://perfectworld.com/download

UPDATE SEPT 24, 2008 -Latest manual patches are available here:

http://perfectworld.com/download/client

:D

1) Download the patch from www.perfectworld.com/download

2) Save the patch to the desktop or other area that you can easily find on your computer.

3) Launch the game

4) Select Manual

5) Select the correct patch version file that you downloaded.(such as ec_patch_7-8.cup for example)

6) Select Open

7) The game will now automatically patch.

8) When it is done, click OK.

9) Game will exit.

10) Restart the game.

11) HAVE FUN!!!!
  • noodleburger
    noodleburger Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    [code]2008/9/5 00:12:43=====================================================================
    2008/9/5 00:12:43开始
    2008/9/5 00:13:10Connecting to server
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow.. auto updater is broken, manual patch is broken, forums are broken.. hope this is no indication of how well the game is programmed.
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Doesn't work for me. Here is my log file (pastebin link): http://rafb.net/p/XoKMzI65.html
  • kymera
    kymera Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    2008/9/4 18:46:43=====================================================================
    2008/9/4 18:46:43开始
    2008/9/4 18:46:54Connecting to server
  • tricktia
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow.. auto updater is broken, manual patch is broken, forums are broken.. hope this is no indication of how well the game is programmed.

auto-updater broken?? FORUM BROKEN !? if thats truth how the heck you posting then:confused: and btw state more detailed problem then clame something broken cuz I don't think you even sure whats broken:rolleyes:

EDIT: btw I noticed some posts got edited well I kinda have prob with that unless edit is used to add something or delate something thats not allowed to post no prob I understand that but to give answer in post before well I kinda MISS an ANSWER like that cuz I looking last posts lol don't know if mod's and admin's have same problem but usuly you make BIGGER confusion like that so could you post next answer in new post instead editing old one? X_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricktia
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I am not big expert but sounds like patch files corupted while downloaded it if its that the case try to download it useing download manager like Orbit or Flashget, but if its not then you might didn't unpacked from rar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricktia
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Delate this post Admin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quell
    quell Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've had about 24 update failures so far today, it always stops at task.data - I get one full gold bar then a small increment of the second and then it freezes.

Suggestions or explanations? I live in the UK and I downloaded the client from this website, game version 1 etc. :(
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Step 2, you have to extract the patch out of the compressed file.

Make sure you downloaded the right version of the game too, not one of the other ones from different regions of the world specifically.

The patch file is under 10MBs, so it should download quickly, and it applies to the game quickly too.
    :D
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If you have downloaded the game from this website, here is a manual patch that might help:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=42021
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Main stickies are likely to be edited for ease of searching , at least by me. :D
This discussion has been closed.