For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• frozen192
    frozen192 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i didnt get nothing ... + still i CAN'T patch PW ... anything else ???
  • bluetaker90
    bluetaker90 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    does it means that we have to wait until tomorrow?
    i never played pw so i'll just ask a few questions:
    1. my version is v4, is it correct that it CAN'T upload until tomorrow?
    2. i downloaded pw from this site, can i also play the servers DELPHI and ORACLE with this version of the game?
    3. what about the login troubles? i've got an account on this site, you see ;) > bluetaker90.... but anytime i try to connect, they say "incorrect username or pw"... why? :(

i think i will download the game again...
    plz answer my questions, i'm helpless .. just wanna play :(

bye, taker
  • chikopek
    chikopek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm not really sure as well. Its been 2nd of September but i still can't play it as well
  • beloved365
    beloved365 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    id like to know why everytime i try to log in it wont except my account name and password everytime i try and play
  • satyam361
    satyam361 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    this is my way....and i can play....since yesterday...

i made here an account --> got a closed beta key
    install the game form this site --> update the client to v.4 (this update is possible) don't install any other update!
    now you can start the game (when i patch the client to v.16 i can't start the game)
    it works only with the version 4!!!
    but only the the server "Lost City" and "Etherblade" can be started.
    on Delphi or Oracle come a massage (Your Client is not up-to-date, please quit and update the client)

this is the way i can play....and i have searched many days for troubleshooting ;)

but today, i think the open beta phase begins and nobody knows what the future brings^^

greez
  • wublade
    wublade Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So I have gone through the install and patch and registration and can log into my account and this site but I keep getting a message when I try to log into the game saying my account name or password is incorrect? Does anyone know if the registration server is down by chance?
  • dello
    dello Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    satyam361 wrote: »
    install the game form this site --> update the client to v.4 (this update is possible)
    but only the the server "Lost City" and "Etherblade" can be started.
    greez

I downloaded the V3 client... altho when trying to update it doesn't... and its now marked as V1
    "Lost City" and "Etherblade" Is there so im assuming i have the right client, just the wrong version.

Also my im in [GMT] and the server goes live at 2am [PDT] (-8 hours from me)

So it should have been up at 6am here, and its now 9:15 so i don't think ill be able to play...
    Unless i download the client again? maybe the V4 one?

[EDIT] Don't know how you got a V4 one, the only one here that i can see is the (Version: 3)...
    WITCH! lol

[EDIT2] Im downloading this [URL=]http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/perfect-world/?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1[/URL]Its
  • satyam361
    satyam361 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I downloaded it from this site!
    Incremental DL (Part 1-4)

Then the Client Version is v.1
    when you now update (auto-update) the clientversion is v.4
    [without manual updates]
    when i update to version 6, 12,13 or 16 the startbutton
    in the client window change to update but an update is not avalible
    "Update Server was under maintenance - Please do try again later"
    And this for more than 3 Days?!?
  • bigtoyota
    bigtoyota Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ah, I see it cut off my reply. I wonder if it's because of Firefox 3.0? Anyways, it refuses to post my log file, but it's the same as everyone else. It fails the verification on elements.data. Vista SP1, UAC is off, anti vir off, anti spyware off, all firewall exceptions OK. Have tried all the tricks listed here with no success. I sincerely hope Tech support can come up with a solution, because the game looks amazing!! I'm also sure they are rather swamped at this point in time.

Tried to ping 64.74.217.11:80 and got a timed out error. This is listed in my firewall as the IP the patcher tries to communicate with. Am I correct in assuming it's not working now due to the Open Beta update time? Or is the patch server exempt from this?
  • bigtoyota
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For anyone who is having issues, Please go to this link in the forums, it worked like a charm for me!!

Klithy was kind enough to upload the elements.data and tasks.data files. Follow the instructions in this post. It worked very well for me!!!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17251&page=35
  • d4rkcha0s
    d4rkcha0s Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bigtoyota wrote: »
    For anyone who is having issues, Please go to this link in the forums, it worked like a charm for me!!

Klithy was kind enough to upload the elements.data and tasks.data files. Follow the instructions in this post. It worked very well for me!!!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17251&page=35

lol tryed it it didnt work, so meh, i guess if they come out with a working manual patch, which the Malaysian client failed to do
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Please read here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36841

There might be a manual patch later. I've been bugging them. :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well i was already in close beta. i had the problem of getting stuck in element.data
    and not getting past it but it got solved by "hopeithelp" thing >.< but i am getting the same problem again and "hopeithelp" stuff isn't helping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigtoyota
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I ahve started a post in the technical support forum asking for the NEW version 5 of the elements.data file. A moderator has kindly volunteered to post it once the Open beta starts!!!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=37551
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lmao :( bug them harder anyways best of luck for ob start!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amironia
    amironia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    what do i do ??:confused:
  • strifed
    strifed Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    its says the beta is live but none of the servers are up whats that all about?
  • omega18
    omega18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Open beta's up now right?
    im trying to patch and it wont download Gshop.data.
    I was playing this game, just hours ago, and the second open hits, i cant patch >< This is so frustrating, I've looked at various guides, and nothing's worked so far.
    Any Help? thanks
  • omega18
    omega18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It also says im only updated to version 4... and i've just been reading that people are updated to 5....ANNNNYYONNNNEEE???
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    TONS of players are in and playing, it is crazy!!!

It's like watching millions of ants spawn in the game and move around!! Crazy!!

Check your internet connections, that they are solid and stable.

Make sure you have our client. Update the firmware on your router.

Hope you all can get in-game! :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Patch server is live tons of people have patched, and are in game spawning like crazy.

It might be your internet connections???

Heaven's Tear is PVE and Lost City is PVP, and both are live!!! :)
  • thornwind
    thornwind Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    version 5 updated files
    (makeshift manual patch, be careful and click verify)

removed links, please use the official manual patch sticky: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=42021
  • thornwind
    thornwind Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    version 5 updated files
    (makeshift manual patch, be careful and click verify)

removed links, please use the official manual patch sticky: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=42021
  • lower
    lower Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    For those of you still unable to patch, try this:

For other login issues, make sure you've tried these suggestions:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=18731
    it patched mine too so 8/8 pc patched i guess *****
  • voidknight
    voidknight Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ok first off i dont have a current log that ties anything from this game. The problem with mine is entirely different, mine isnt even logging in and has yet to make a move from version 1 in the patch. I think i need help correcting that problem first
  • agentofanarchy
    agentofanarchy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hey ryu i did exactly what u said. i deleted teh taks and elements.data and now wen i launch the game jibbersih pops up, im gettin rlly annoyed
  • akkah
    akkah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I still can't log in. Unable to connect.
  • migz571
    migz571 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    im a avid fan of online games..now im here in middle east area....i see this perfect world international...so download the game and hoping that it works here in middle east....now patching is OK...but my problem is the connection....i cant connect to the server....and im thinking it is because of the IP im area???? please correct me if im wrong...so my question is this perfect world international can b played here in the middle east area????? thanks
  • migz571
    migz571 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    how about the middle east area???? regarding this IP blocks...ty
  • zylar
    zylar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i cannot patch the game, just miss serverlist.txt, pliz some way to update manaully the game??
This discussion has been closed.