For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Comments

• kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The files you requested:

Patcher Folder in .Zip Format 714KB

Patcher Folder in .Rar Format 621KB

wasn't sure if you would have winrar or if everyone has it, so I uploaded it in both formats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noodleburger
    noodleburger Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Nope.. that didn't help unfortunately. Same exact problem. Thanks for uploading them though. It was worth a shot.

The only other thing I can think of is that I installed the game to an uncommon place. In my case, D:\Installed Games\Perfect World International. Windows is on the C:. Does this apply to anyone else? It's not exactly uncommon for programs to go haywire when you don't install them to the default location.

My internet connection is obviously fine and my firewall is allowing all of the PWI executables access.
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Yeah pyroforce, I tried tons of things.. including executing the launcher program manually. I don't use Vista and was never asked to grant permission to anything.. but I did allow it access through my firewall. I think your problem was completely different from what a lot of us are experiencing.
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    If you would like I can try ziping my entire PWI folder and uploading it (taking out my player profile ofc) and see if that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    That would probably work, but I don't want you to have to go to that much trouble.

I say we just give it a few more days to see if any official fixes come out. If not, then we can try that. ;)

Thanks again for helping
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    Alright, =] that will give me time to upload it to multiple sources =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kateycat
    kateycat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    2008/9/7 18:54:05=====================================================================
    2008/9/7 18:54:05开始
    2008/9/7 18:54:05Connecting to server

didnt post it all weird.
  • noodleburger
    edited September 2008
    Kateycat, post the log on a pastebin website like http://rafb.net/paste/ or http://pastebin.ca/ .. set the text type to "plain text" or something similar.. then post the link here. These forums are broken.
  • defiled
    defiled Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i cant find it :/
  • chronicus
    chronicus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm in Texas, and for some reason, I cannot connect. I've had several failures even at the update screen. I've tried both servers and still nothing. It just can't seem to connect, I took a look at the servers list and there is a 2, 3, 4, & 5. Beside each server, I'm just wondering if this could be interferring with my ability to connect.
  • hydrocorsotine
    hydrocorsotine Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you go to go the folder patcher\server and open the text doucment updateserver what does it say?
  • lokistyle
    lokistyle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    2008/9/8 07:51:03=====================================================================
    2008/9/8 07:51:03开始
    2008/9/8 07:51:41Connecting to server
  • ralionma
    ralionma Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi everyone, tried to patch via internet and manual in both times the shop was broken.
    Here is the log:

http://rafb.net/p/dBqBKw43.html

Cheers

RalionMa
  • gamergirl80
    gamergirl80 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Wow, I'm surprised that this problem of not being able to connect hasn't been addressed (unless I missed a post). Having the same problem myself. Installed version 5 Saturday and the patch updated fine. Was able to log in after I installed w/o any problem. But, as of yesterday, it won't connect to the server. I've tried dozens of times to connect to Heavens Tear and Lost City w/o any luck.:(
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Do you have port 29000 open on your router?

Have you tried connecting directly into your cable or DSL modem from your PC?

We do not have more then two servers live at this time. If you see multiple servers, besides Heaven's Tear and Lost City, you have the wrong client/version from one of our licensees installed.

You MUST have OUR client installed on your PC. Do not have any other Perfect World client installed on your PC, and do not try to change the server list with another client and try to get it to work with the PWI client, it WILL NOT WORK.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • gryphen
    gryphen Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This sucks, I have had the badword.txt update problem for two days now. Trying to use this manual install it looks like it is about to work then just says:

"Update server connection fails Please try other update server"

I have gone through these forums about three times over and unless I am missing something none of the solutions posted have helped.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    1) Download the patch from www.perfectworld.com/download

2) Save the patch to the desktop or other area that you can easily find on your computer.

3) Launch the game

4) Select Manual

5) Select the file ec_patch1-5.cup

6) Select Open

7) The game will now automatically patch.

8) When it is done, click OK.

9) Game will exit.

10) Restart the game.

11) HAVE FUN!!!!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • gryphen
    edited September 2008
    This is not the whole log but that shouldn't matter because its just what you see below repeated OVER AND OVER AND OVER again from my millions of attempts.

Edit: Guess quick reply doesnt let you paste that much lol
  • gryphen
    edited September 2008
    Wth, its only five lines of text and these forums wont let you post that? Mods, if there is a way to increase the number of characters a user can post ... please do so. Its really stupid to ask for a log file to be posted here and it cant even be posted. (Yes, I saw the part about emailing it. However, that is for long logs ... this log I am trying to post is only five freaking lines!)

Man, this is a lot more trouble than its worth ... might as well just pack up and go to another MMO.

Edit: Guess it isnt the number of characters. I have no earthly clue as to why this forum wont accept the text I am trying to past. It only catches 1-3 lines and cuts off.
  • gryphen
    edited September 2008
    Doesn't work, tried it about 15 times now. Just keeps saying

1) Download the patch from www.perfectworld.com/download

2) Save the patch to the desktop or other area that you can easily find on your computer.

3) Launch the game

4) Select Manual

5) Select the file ec_patch1-5.cup

6) Select Open

7) The game will now automatically patch.

8) When it is done, click OK.

9) Game will exit.

10) Restart the game.

11) HAVE FUN!!!!
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    gryphen wrote: »
    Edit: Guess it isnt the number of characters. I have no earthly clue as to why this forum wont accept the text I am trying to past. It only catches 1-3 lines and cuts off.

Forum doesn't like special characters. If you try and post it, look at the text immediately after where it cuts off. Chances are there's something like an ellipsis in there. If you remove/replace the special character, it'll post the rest (or until the next special character it doesn't like).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gryphen
    edited September 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    Forum doesn't like special characters. If you try and post it, look at the text immediately after where it cuts off. Chances are there's something like an ellipsis in there. If you remove/replace the special character, it'll post the rest (or until the next special character it doesn't like).

Funny enough, there is nothing after it cuts off. It just tabs to the next line.

I have even tried copying and pasting one line at a time and deleting and spaces at the end but still doesnt like it.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    You won't be using the update server in the game. You will be selecting the patch file from whatever directory you saved it to.

With the directions, you will be updating the game client on your computer before you even connect to the game's servers.

The directions are for the game's front end, with the buttons located there, so you can patch.
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    gryphen wrote: »
    Doesn't work, tried it about 15 times now. Just keeps saying

This is what Darth is telling you to do:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/Return03/?action=view&current=ManualPatch.jpg

Click that, find the manual patch you downloaded and open it, then restart the launcher when its done patching and play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gryphen
    edited September 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    This is what Darth is telling you to do:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/Return03/?action=view&current=ManualPatch.jpg

Click that, find the manual patch you downloaded and open it, then restart the launcher when its done patching and play the game.

Ohhhh, ok. I gotcha...

In that case .....

IT DOESNT WORK! :mad:

Sorry, am getting extremely frustrated with this game and its freaking patcher. But yeah, I did what was suggested ... step by step.

I also went through about 15 other posts totaling about 100 pages and have tried all those suggestions from installing the Chinese language pack to setting my router to DMZ (which I typically never will do cause it's just flat out stupid but wanted to make sure that wasn't the problem).
  • ralionma
    ralionma Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi everyone,
    I tried the manual and the automatic patch and I allways get the same result. The problem lies withing the gshop.data file. It seems to be corrupt.
    Please help!
    thanks
  • paradise
    paradise Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Another curiosity happens now:

After successfully patching the game, I start PW, enter my login & password, but then the game claims "Your current client version is low. Please exit and update."

Well - the game is version 5 now... the patching process worked and all... but it won't let me play anyway.
  • elisien
    elisien Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    paradise wrote: »
    Another curiosity happens now:

After successfully patching the game, I start PW, enter my login & password, but then the game claims "Your current client version is low. Please exit and update."

Well - the game is version 5 now... the patching process worked and all... but it won't let me play anyway.

I had the same. I had to reinstall PWInt and patch it (version 1) with a given patch1-5.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    What I don't understand is that I've got 2 internet accounts, one with internet soultions and another with saix (the two local internet acompanies).

My saix account has a 1gb cap so I don't want to use that for updating but it has much lower latancey than the IS one. However the IS account doesnt patch.. how can it be? It just sais "update complete" and if i click verify it actually starts to update after the verification process but after every file is downloaded it sais "The downlaoded file appears to be corrupt".

*confused*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • p0rt1r
    p0rt1r Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    2008/9/9 20:35:22Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/9/9 20:43:13Decompress files fails
    2008/9/9 20:43:24Download file=./data/tasks.data
    2008/9/9 20:47:30Verify files fails
    2008/9/9 20:47:36Update interrupted
This discussion has been closed.