Client Download & related FAQs

Comments

• sevenofnine
    sevenofnine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok, let's see what did i miss... I downloaded the game from this site with the game client, i made a verification check and everything was fine. I installed and updated the game to version 9. I rechecked the game and everything is fine. I opened my port 29000 on my d-link DIR-655. I have windows firewall from XP which have the program under exceptions, peerguardian and eset32 which is deactivated for the occasion and still no success it says "Unable to connect to server" after 20 seconds. I read the fact and the stickies and apparently nothing helps. I'm at a loss here... and i'm in the us.
  • iar
    iar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So, i just downloaded the client during the weekend, and it took me 7 hours to get the whole file. I download using direct http single file method. After that i run the exe file, and it extract the installer without problem. Afterward i install the game, and it works perfectly, and i can play it for the whole weekend.
    But then on monday, after i get back from office, suddenly i can not play the game anymore. It always crashes after the login screen. I tried to run the update but it takes like forever. So i decided to uninstall the game, then try to reinstall it again with the same installer. But somehow this time it fails with corrupted installation file (i use exactly the same installer from before since i havent delete it yet). So, again, i tried to re-extract the original downloaded file, but it fails as well with corrupted files. I tried to copy this to my desktop PC, but same error appears.
    The next day i tried to download the game again, this time using four file methode. But, disappointedly, it can not be extracted, it says CRC failed in all four files.
    I wonder if anyone have this kind of experience. Now i'm trying to download the client again using different PC, and we'll see whether it works or not.
  • spcks
    spcks Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have downloaded the latest patch on the site but if i run it then it says that i have got a newer version. Have you guys maybe not the latest patch on the site?:confused:
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you are starting the patch process from a fresh install of the game:

This patch is larger then previous ones, and takes some time to compile in the background.

If you are Auto Updating the patch, try exiting the game if it doesn't look like it is making progress patching after 10-15 minutes.

Exit the game, restart the game and resume the patching process. If it hangs again, try again another few times after 1-15 minutes with each try.

We are aware of the patching issues some of you are having and are working to figure out the issues with the last few patches.

There are no manual patches at this time for the current version.

We ask you to be patient, and to keep trying.

As for downloading the game client, using the main direct download, or the incremental downloads http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client

Thank you for helping us with the open beta!:D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The auto-updater - after a fresh install - keeps retrying and retryin and retrying some file with an unreadable name in textures. If it's not a failure, please make the progress bars show progress.

The manual updates take you from 1-7 then from 7-8, but that is apparently not the latest.

Why not offer the latest patch for manual download simultaneously with the automatic update? Those at least appeared to be reliable.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    We understand and are aware of the patch issues. As of now, we can't tell you when the new manual patch will be ready.

When we find out, it has been downloaded and tested repeatedly, then it will be put up on the downloads page.

We appreciate your patience for helping us test the game during open beta, even with all of the kinks here and there!
    :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok, beta. I'll take notes :D

Auto update finished now, at least partially, so what worked for me is:

(1) client install
    (2) man-patch 1-7
    (3) man-patch 7-8
    (4) auto-update.

New Issue, the launcher appears to use a Internet Explore control, with ActiveX. I've had that **** security hole disabled for more then a decade and intend to keep it that way.

The Account button launces a page in my browser at http://register.perfectworld.com/account/ which times out. When I change to the https protocol I do get a response.

----
    (a) Good job: the registration page gave a 404 this afternoon but appears to be fixed now.
    (b) Could this site allow for 1024(x768) pixel clients?
  • di3solid
    di3solid Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok so i dl the game wih the dirrect dl thing

upon my finishing it asked me if i wanted to extract files.. i soid ok.. sure why not?

then... that finished and............................ nothing happened

my computer isnt even saying that i have new software

im re downloading it and if it doesnt work them im going to torrent it and see what happens.. any suggestions?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    You have to make sure you know where the files were extracted to. Then click on the "install.exe" in the Perfect World International\ directory. (depending on where you had the files extracted to).
  • enak
    enak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    l am having the same problem as some others in here, and l couldn
  • enak
    edited September 2008
    Only 1/5 of my message showed.. *sigh*

l read through the topic and couldn
  • enak
    edited September 2008
    ... Why is only parts of my message showing up?
    l got the "Cannot open file xxx as archive" problem, can someone give me a step-by-step thing? Don
  • novaflame
    novaflame Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok so i downloaded the international version of PW and i click on the shortcut. The little window pops up but when i click start to start the game the screen goes black and then an error/bug report thing comes up and i cant get on the game. Whats wrong? What am i doing wrong? Is there something wrong with my computer?
  • banananickle
    banananickle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am having major problems.. I downloaded the game direct from the site.. one file etc. it was the launcher. I click the launcher so it will actually download the game on my computer and it goes smooth until it gets to 83%. (1975 MB out of 2378.45 MB) and it says "disconnected from server" and wont finish.
    here is a pic of the downloader/launcher thing
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/bananaxnickle/perfectworld.jpg

So I tried downloading it torrent, that didn't work. I tried the 4 different parts.. that didn't work. this is a pic of the error I get with that.
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/bananaxnickle/error.jpg

So then I paid the stupid S&H for the CD, first class blah blah.. it says it was shipped, but I'M NOT GONNA RECEIVE IT FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS!?!? I want to play this game!
  • enak
    edited September 2008
    Okay l have gotten past the problem with extracting. But as l
  • enak
    edited September 2008
    Still messing my posts :l l try to install but it says all 4 packs are damaged, what do l do?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Please read this Stickie: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36841

Especially go over the port and IP address information.

See if that helps. :D
  • pirofire
    pirofire Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I wanted to play this game because it looked really interesting, but Im having a problem downloading it.

When Im running the program and get to the 'extract file' part, after it finishes, the window disappers and nothing happens.
    I have re-run the program several times over but each time it seems to stop after the extract file thing is done.

Its kinda hard to go into detail... seeing as though Im not really sure whats going on.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    4.0 Extracting the PWI game client

Q: How do I extract the Perfect World International game client so that it is ready to install?

A: Here is one example

An extraction utility program will need to be installed on your computer system first. An extraction program is something that compresses or packages files together to be easier to download.

1) One that you can download and install is 7-Zip, available here:
    http://www.7-zip.org/

2) Once 7-Zip is properly installed, go to the directory that you downloaded the game to, (check your default download location that you have chosen in your internet web browser) and double-click on it.

3) The 7-Zip extraction program dialog window will pop-up. In the Extract to text box, type in the location of where you want the install files to be extracted/unzipped to. Click on Extract.

4) Once completed, go to the directory chosen where the file was extracted to. The default sub directory name would be \Perfect World International in whatever directory location you extracted it to.

5) Once in the \Perfect World International directory, look for a file called install.exe . Double-click on that, and the installation process will begin.
  • enak
    edited September 2008
    This is the error l am getting.

Extracting PW_International\AutoRun.inf
    Extracting PW_International\background\Logo.jpg
    Extracting PW_International\background\setup0.jpg
    Extracting PW_International\background\setup1.jpg
    Extracting PW_International\background\setup2.jpg
    Extracting PW_International\background\setup3.jpg
    Extracting PW_International\background\setup4.jpg
    Extracting PW_International\check.md
    Extracting PW_International\CopyRight.txt
    Extracting PW_International\data1.pck
    CRC failed in PW_International\data1.pck
    Unexpected end of archive
    Extracting from PW_International.part2.rar
    Extracting PW_International\data1.pck
    Extracting PW_International\data2.pck
    CRC failed in PW_International\data2.pck
    Unexpected end of archive
  • enak
    edited September 2008
    Tried using WinRar AND 7-zip too. Just keeps saying that the files are corrupt.
    Tried downloaded the files again, from your site, but it
  • enak
    edited September 2008
    Arg, it keeps cutting off my posts. Rest of message: but it just tells me the same every time, files are corrupt.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Are you downloading from one of the sources here?

http://perfectworld.com/download/client
  • pirofire
    pirofire Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thx a ton darthpanda, it completly works for me now. =)
  • ohayou
    ohayou Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    4.0 Extracting the PWI game client

Q: How do I extract the Perfect World International game client so that it is ready to install?

A: Here is one example

An extraction utility program will need to be installed on your computer system first. An extraction program is something that compresses or packages files together to be easier to download.

1) One that you can download and install is 7-Zip, available here:
    http://www.7-zip.org/

2) Once 7-Zip is properly installed, go to the directory that you downloaded the game to, (check your default download location that you have chosen in your internet web browser) and double-click on it.

3) The 7-Zip extraction program dialog window will pop-up. In the Extract to text box, type in the location of where you want the install files to be extracted/unzipped to. Click on Extract.

I made it this far, I have 7-Zip blah, blah, blah, and after chosing the location to extract the files to, I get a diagnostic message saying it can't be opened as an archive.
    Any help? Thanks in advance.

(Vista user FTL)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Try using Winzip or another zip program.

Your download may have been corrupted and you may have to re-download it.
  • lipsum
    lipsum Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Alright - So:

I downloaded the full client (direct download) - and found that it was corrupt.

Files data1, data2, data3 and data4 are all corrupt.

I can't use the 'fix it with a torrent method' as my file is a .ZIP where the torrent one is .EXE(???)

So

I unzipped with 7-ZIP - tried to install and then got 'Unable to read the data files' - or something similar.

I then tried the MD5 method which returned the same result.

Anyone got a solution :-/

Thanks.
  • anaxandra
    anaxandra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I just installed the game client today and everything seems fine cept that installation has been stuck at 0% for about 45 min already. Is there something wrong with my proxy server settings???
  • higglebottm
    higglebottm Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I HAVE DOWNLOADES THE CLIENT BUT WHEN IT GETS TO THE END OF EXTRACTING IT JUST GOES AWAY AND I CANT FIND IT AND WHERE AND HELP ANY 1???:confused::confused::confused:
  • samariah
    samariah Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    1) Click onto the downloads section: http://www.perfectworld.com/download

2) Choose a download method.

There are several options available. Under Game Client Download you can choose a direct download, or bit torrent download. There are also several mirror site download locations (please refer to each site's individual download instructions - some may require membership).

The Direct Download will prompt you to download the Perfect World International download utility. This is a specific download manager that can pause the download of the installation pack to be resumed later, if necessary.
    By default, it will download to your My Documents\Downloads\ folder as Perfect_World_International.zip

The Bit Torrent Download requires a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent or whatever you may already have installed. You can choose your own download location from within the program.

3) Extract the files (it is recommended you have 7 Gigabytes or more available on your hard drive at this point).
    Once you have downloaded the whole Perfect World International zip file, you need to extract the files into a folder in order to install. Due to the large size of the files inside, it is recommended you use the latest version of the decompression software to perform the extraction. Please download either the latest version of 7-zip or a trial copy of WinRAR 3.71.

Locate the Perfect World International zip file that you downloaded in step 2. Right-click the file and select "Extract to Perfect World International\". This will extract all the files from the zip archive into their own Perfect World International folder. If you're using 7-zip, right-click and follow the 7-zip submenu to the right, and select "Extract Files, and click OK on the following screen.

Note: If you are getting errors about corrupt files/data packs, it is recommended that you update your decompression software. Please try one of the latest available programs linked in step 3. An alternative method to correct file errors will follow at the end of this guide.

4) Locate the Install.exe file inside the Perfect World International folder.
    Double-click to run it, and follow the onscreen prompts. It is recommended that you validate the integrity of the files.

Alternative Method for Corrupt Files using Direct Download

If you used the Dircet Download method, rename the zip file you already downloaded to "Perfect World International.zip" (i.e. remove the underscores).

Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Click this link to download the torrent: http://download.perfectworld.com/pwi/clients/Perfect_World_International.torrent and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where you want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.zip file is located, and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.

Follow steps 3 and 4 above to extract the files and install the game.

Alternate Method #2 (thanks espionis)

Create a new folder. Then double click the Perfect World International zip file to open it. Click and drag the files into the new folder you created.

If you're still having issues, particularly with data4.pck, I have rezipped and uploaded this to: http://files.filefront.com/data4zip/;11517693;/fileinfo.html
    Open your existing archive, and click/drag all the files except data4.pck into another folder. Download data4.zip and extract into that same folder, then run the install.
    thank you so much you have been a big help! :D
    i love u !
This discussion has been closed.