Comments

• harrypothead
    harrypothead Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    nehemiah wrote: »
    here that's my problem b:sad

fehlermeldung.jpg

Did you download the right game LOL i never got any of that. All english and while it was updating showed like on japan/china writing but thats all lol. o_o Your comp prolly got messed with a virus or a trojan.
  • harrypothead
    harrypothead Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    brazor wrote: »
    Ok... I got through 30% of the instalation.. adn now it says "Connection Refused" and gives me a retry option.. I have hit said RETRY button about 50 times and it keeps on giving me that same message.... Got any Ideas? b:angry

Umm go to filefront.com external link. Click download and if it gets stuck on 30% tell me on pw LOLOL XD
  • selemina
    selemina Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ok, first off I'd like to point out 2 things A: I'm new here and B: I haven't posted on a forum in roughly 5yrs so sorry if I'm doing something wrong... (and sorry for the long post >_>;;;)

Anyway, I've just gotten through my 3rd time downloading this game and it still absolutely refuses to work. I've tried the direct download--didn't work, tried the 4-part download twice now, still won't work.

Ok, let me rephrase that the direct download seemed to have downloaded properly, but when I try the install.exe it pops up an error message saying "Failed to open package file!"; so I tried re-getting the 4 part again because they kept ending up corrupted (mostly #2 oddly) and finally the 4 part looks like it downloaded and unzipped correctly--but I'm still getting that error message.

I am using Vista, I have the latest WinRAR, and I have 7-zip..And I have read through all of this thread and all the FAQs on downloading/etc.

.Does anyone have any idea of either what's going wrong or what I'm doing wrong?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Try Running install.exe As Administrator (right click, Run As Administrator).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • selemina
    edited October 2008
    Options
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Try Running install.exe As Administrator (right click, Run As Administrator).

I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to make a difference...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Perhaps you have a corrupted download. Try re-downloading from a more stable net connection, if yours keeps giving you trouble. Like a friend's house, library, wi-fi hotspot, etc; and see if you can download it that way without it getting corrupted.

Then re-install.

If all else fails, order the DVD. I think it is free, but the shipping is $5.99.

Then the only thing left to worry about is the patching.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nehemiah
    nehemiah Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    well thank you for that kind advice....that helped with everything -.-'
  • lyralovett
    lyralovett Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I have installed the perfect world downloader, but when I start the installation, this happens:
    pfi.jpg
    The window freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-del and go to the Windows task manager to end it. It displays it as running but when I end the programme, it tells me it isn't responding at all. I have tried this over at least thrice. The download remains at this, the buttons are clickable, but thats all. It remains at ??? 0%
    Help please, thanks.
  • lyralovett
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Doublepost. Sorry.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My installing started out the same way but when that popped up I saw it though the phone rang so it took me a while before I closed good thing too it just took a couple minutes but started in the end. :) So just leave it running for a bit.
  • lyralovett
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It's been half an hour.. and it hasn't started. Unfortunately.
  • selemina
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Darthpanda16:

Ok, my only other internet downloading option would be my uncle's computer and he's a real jerk so I'm not going to even bother with that...

So I just ordered a copy of the DVD; can't wait to play it when it arrives b:laugh Hopefully I'll have better luck with getting it working than I did trying the downloads XD

Also, I had one other question I was curious about (and because I'm a total n00b and am relatively new to this kind of game), is there a way to play an offline version of this, or does it have to always be online? ^_^;;
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The game is reliant on a connection to the servers, so it's not possible to play offline. This is a fairly typical limitation for MMORPGs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maxiol3
    maxiol3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i need pw international data1.pck, anyone know how to get it? i have downloaded some about 30gb of clients, and i still cant play this game, and worst, i cant stop with downloading coz i must play this game, so please give link to this file.
  • valverde
    valverde Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    After i load the game, on the login page, it says page not found
    and the game graphics come all messed up, like when a vhs doesnt work

plz hlp
  • lilchina
    lilchina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ok
    i did the direct download and right when it starts it says "Disconnected with the server" and i have to repeatedly press the "resume" button about three times to get .01 MB
    and my connection is fine
    can someone help me out wit this
  • finley93
    finley93 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ok, so i have not been able to play this game once because it never completes the update at the beginning. and every time there is an error. what am i supposed to do?
  • amritfrida
    amritfrida Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    when i try to open the file i downloaded just yesterday in winrar/zip or 7.zip (all up to date) it tells me Cannot open the file 'F:/images/perfect_world_international.exe' as archive ....wtf??
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If you're running Windows Vista, right-click the Perfect_World_International.exe file (if you used Direct Download, by default in Documents\Downloads), and click Run As Administrator.

If that doesn't work, chances are good your download was corrupted somehow, usually due to a packet mistransmission. It's usually minor, and Ryuuzaki has a good guide on the matter, and his Alternative Method for Corrupt Files using Direct Download (with a quick tweak for the changes to the installer) may be able to save you a remarkable amount of time :
    If you used the Direct Download method, rename the zip file you already downloaded to "Perfect World International.exe" (i.e. remove the underscores).

Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Download the torrent controller and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where you want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.exe file is located, and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.

This shouldn't take much time to do, unless your connection went seriously funky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amritfrida
    amritfrida Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    kk let me try this one thanks
  • andarious
    andarious Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Has anyone noticed how long the updates take? Mine keeps getting stuck on elements.data. Can i get some help on making this process faster and less irritating?b:angry
  • suchda
    suchda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I downloaded the game client through the 4 parts. the first was an application, the rest were zipped files. After extracting the second part, when I tried to extract the third part but the computer tried to replace the second part. What do I do? Thanks
  • onokniki
    onokniki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i downloaded ,extracted with 7-zip ,verified ,instaled, verified, and when i go to launch the game the little 3" by 2" box pops up for half a second and then disappears....what do i do
  • miinime
    miinime Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    why does it say that my user and/or password is incorrect when i try to login to the server, it works fine in here but not when i try login to a server..,?

i haven't yet been inside...
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Which servers do you see?

Oracle and Delphi?

Or

Heavens Tear, Lost City and Sanctuary?

If the first option you have downloaded the wrong client and need to remove the client you currently have then download from here:

http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client
  • cloudydays
    cloudydays Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hello, I'm a new player that just registered a few days ago and I am having troubles with downloading/installing the client.

So...

• I downloaded the client from a mirror site
    • I at first had trouble but checked this site, and I downloaded 7-zip
    • I messed around with 7-zip and extracting the files... when I extract them...they don't show up in the file I extracted to and it's kinda really confusing. When I double click the original downloaded icon, the extracting thing comes up but when I press extract or whatever, it doesn't work and a window pops up saying... "could not open (file name here) (something somethign archive

I thought i was doing something wrong so I messed around with that...
    And it didn't help so...can someone help me???

My sister and I were looking forward to playing today...

boohoo!
  • mauski
    mauski Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    When I open the patch it says version and client are same name. What I do?
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Please verify the game in the launcher.
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Cloudydays, it sounds like you got a corruption midtransmission. uTorrent (or other robust torrent clients) will be able to deal with that problem. It's usually minor, and Ryuuzaki has a good guide on the matter, and his Alternative Method for Corrupt Files using Direct Download (with a quick tweak for the changes to the installer) may be able to save you a remarkable amount of time :
    If you used the Direct Download method, rename the zip file you already downloaded to "Perfect World International.exe" (i.e. remove the underscores). [ From the My Documents/Downloads folder ]

Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Download the torrent controller and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where y ou want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.exe file is located, and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.

kammie has an alternative guide if the above is confusing.
    1. download the torrent
    2. double click it, or just open it with utorrent
    3. LET IT DOWNLOAD FOR LIKE 1 MB ---> this way, utorrent generates the entire file
    4. now close utorrent and the download
    5. copy your corrupted zip file that you have downloaded before to the folder that utorrent created and overwrite that file
    6. open utorrent but do NOT start the download, instead rehash it by right clicking and selecting 'forece recheck' (or something like this, currently do not have bittorrent client installed)
    7. after awhile (about 3 minutes if u have a fast computer) it should say u have near 100% download
    8. continue download
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cloudydays
    cloudydays Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Thank you, but I'm sorta still confused.
    (following Kammie's explanation)

• I downloaded the torrent (directly from this site)
    • I opened the torrent with uTorrent and let it download about 1.58MB
    • I can't find the file uTorrent generated.

The original zip file was named Perfect_World_International. The torrent is named Perfect_World_International_Install. SO , I'm kinda stuck again

Thanks for the advice but it seems that I may need further assistance.

Shall we delete everything and start everything all over?
    I'm gonna do that because I used up like 12 GB of my dad's computer doing this. A clean start sounds good. But could you help me with this? Like a step by step thing? Starting with if I should download the client or download the torrent?

Okay so I'm waiting for your reply. Meanwhile, I'm going to go hunt down a guide of doing this whole download thing properly.
This discussion has been closed.