Client Download & related FAQs

Options

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Your ISP, country, school, etc, may be throttling your bandwidth during the download, since it is over 500MB. That can result in lost packets and corrupted downloads.

Try one of the incremental download sources here:

http://perfectworld.com/download
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nyxx
    nyxx Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Your ISP, country, school, etc, may be throttling your bandwidth during the download, since it is over 500MB. That can result in lost packets and corrupted downloads.

Try one of the incremental download sources here:

http://perfectworld.com/download

Thanks. It doesn't help a whole lot as I have already downloaded the incremental multiple times as previously stated, but thanks.

I am having two other people try to down load it from other ISP's and we will see how it goes.

So you've lost an arm hey, well here's a bandaid now back to the front with you.

Stock Answers to unanswerable questions are great. Much easier than independent thought and a lot nicer than saying **** off, your bothering me.
    So you've lost an arm hey, well here's a bandaid now back to the front with you.

Stock Answers to unanswerable questions are great. Much easier than independent thought and a lot nicer than saying **** off, your bothering me.
  • heavenshade
    heavenshade Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Okay, so Im new to PW, and so it may just be by human error. I had no problems downloading, or installing, but when it tried to launch the program, patcher wouldn't respond. It is rather irritating.

Since it wont even start I cant figure out how to troubleshoot it. Im not even seeing the program file for PWI, only the unzipped portion in my documents.

Please help :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked my firewall settings... bing bang boom its working

thanks anyway
  • shortie
    shortie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I tried downloading the damn game for about the 5th time today and i tried doing it step by step 1,2,3,4 and when the first finnished it said it couldnt finnish or somthing because i didnt have the right volume?? i have a headache now :( want to try this game out cause world of warcraft is...not cutting it
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Where are you downloading it from?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • shortie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    From this site...ive tried everyone i could find and it just aint working for me
  • sherekhan
    sherekhan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    is the verifying part normal? coz it said that some files may be corrupt and asked me if i want to verify.
  • shortie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah it's normal, getting my computer freak of a dad to help me try it again with the Direct Download one.....takeing forever! over an hour to complete it, and im on high speed connections with a gameing computer...lol what the hell
  • nushy
    nushy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi Can anyone help i get error " can not open file as archive"????? please help
  • shortie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's been over 2hrs, and its only at 69% rofl good god
  • migz571
    migz571 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i just downloaded this perfect world international.....regarding patching i have no problem.......all i finish the installation.....but the problem is i cant connect to the server......im thinking because of some IP location....now im from middle east area....this is perfect world internantiola is possible to play here in the middle east???? PLEASE HELP ME.....thank you!!!
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For patching and playing issues, make sure you have port 29000 open on your router.

You may need to plug your computer directly into the DSL or Cable modem instead of using a router or switch with it.

Make sure you downloaded and installed the correct client for PWI. There are 10+ different versions floating around out there on the internet. http://perfectworld.com/download

For IP blocking, the Middle East isn't blocked by our servers, but some may be blocked our countries, or somewhere in between.

Update and run your anti-virus. Try shutting it off when playing the game, as it may be blocking some of your traffic. Some free anti-virus programs:

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

http://free.avg.com/

For download or patch issues, try downloading from another location that might have a better connection on your end.

For manual patches, it is being tested, and will be uploaded sometime (I'm trying to get a definitive answer, have been trying to get an official manual patch link for us).

And try not to be mean to us. We can't possibly know the answer to every single question or problem you have. When we encounter the issue, we investigate, try to reproduce it ourselves, test it, and try to see if there is a way to fix it. This takes time. Sometimes a day, a week, or longer.

Have you gotten good support with a free game elsewhere? We actually care, and are doing our best to solve issues when we can.

Hope that helps some of you. :D
  • faie
    faie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Does this game work on macs?
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    There is no Mac version. You will either need a full Windows OS (using Bootcamp or something) or you may have some luck with an emulator like Wine. WIndows is the only officially supported OS though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryden
    ryden Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Regarding the installation... I'm having some difficulties.
    I downloaded the client via direct download, which was an execute file with a nice pretty (bird?) for the icon. I double-clicked it and it asked me to install. So I clicked install and it took about an hour, and the folder size was about 2.3 gb I believe.
    However, there was no shortcut on the desktop or anything, so I checked the folder. Inside was another execute file except this time it didnt have an icon. It asked me if I wanted to extract, so I clicked yes. Inside the folder were many random files, but the one that caught my eye was the install.exe. I clicked it and it gave me a C++ runtime error. I seareched my computer, and there was no other execute file related to Perfect World.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Help would be much appreciated. :)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Try using 7-Zip as your extraction software. http://www.7-zip.org/

Your download may have gotten corrupted, or the extraction got corrupted.
  • bootneck
    bootneck Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've downloaded the files and everything seems to have installed correctly :)

I tried to use the same login and password to log into the game obviously this is incorrect ? so I clicked on the account button on the launcher but the web page won't load is the link down ? or am I doing something wrong ?
  • brb
    brb Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Direct Download does not work is there anything being done about this?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Direct Download is working fine, downloaded the downloader, the install files just fine. Here in the US, California.

Where in the world are you? (Carmen San Diego ;)

Please check your security software and anti-virus software settings.
  • brb
    brb Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Direct Download is working fine, downloaded the downloader, the install files just fine. Here in the US, California.

Where in the world are you? (Carmen San Diego ;)

Please check your security software and anti-virus software settings.

I'm in Fresno, Cali :)

Direct Download froze on me at 83% on 3 attempts sep. 2, sep. 3, and today.

We'll I'm giving the 4 part 600mb (each) a try hope it works.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    That's weird. See if your ISP is throttling your bandwidth, since it is such a large download 2GB+.

The incremental download should hopefully work for you.

Gotta love the internet. Doing what it wasn't designed to do, yet we all enjoy playing our games on it :D
  • niwatiro
    niwatiro Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi,

I have downloading the game with the direct downloading. It have take's a couple of hour's but it has downloading succesfuled. But the first problem was that when i want farther it stops or something. So I look for the map and saw the installing. I click on it and he gose farther. But then I saw that you need to choose for verify. he download it....but when it was almost done it stops. So i do it again but than i do skip. He downloading but when it was on 6% it stops with it and than i saw: Failed to uncompress zip data! And i have looking here on the site for help but i dont know what exacly to do:( I realy want to play this game but i can't come farther with it:(

Does someone know what to do?
  • nigh7wish
    nigh7wish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hey , when i install it ... it says : Please insert Disk labeled 2 ... what i need to do ?
  • tidusx35
    tidusx35 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    do u have to have windows xp to play this game or can u play with windows vista?
  • tepepski1
    tepepski1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    This might help you guys, I was having the same problem with corrupt files. Try to check your system specs if there is any hardware compatibility issues. Most of the times its your RAM. I had 4 gigs(4 Sticks) and I removed 2 and was able to extract the zip file. I was like a miracle (after trying for 4 days!). Actually the overall performance of my pc is now better. If you know your motherboard, go to their website and check if the component in your pc are all compatible. Cheers!
  • monvic
    monvic Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Whenever i try to extract the 7 zip file it shows the error that cannot open file as archive. pls help. i ahve latest 7 zip extractor
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What version of Windows do you have?

What are your system specs?

Where are you in the world?
  • niwatiro
    niwatiro Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have the game installed again. Yesterday i have installed some packs from Windows but when the download was done (from PW) i did the same thing and the verify doesn't work again.....Than i did the Skip and i was supprised because it was going farther then 9% (I was verry happy) but than it came to 11% and i got the same 'Failed to uncompress zip data!':( Now i was looking for the install map and i saw something els that the 7-zip download. I get that earli
  • woutje
    woutje Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hai,

I downloaded the game, installed, verified after installing (it didn't give an error, so i assume everything SHOULD work fine)

So first I patch, once completely patched I try to start the game... and I keep getting a weird error, followed by a runtime error which dissapears straight away, i can't even read it or so.

I do meet the requirements to play, so i don't really know what's wrong x.x

Hp Pavilion 061
    PX754AA-b14 t3030.be
    bios : phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    AMD Sempron processor 3100+ , 1.81 GHz, 512 MB
    DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Radeon 9250 (DNA 3.7.5.2-Normal as driver / non-supported but works fine for any other game ~ )

Hopefully anyone has an idea what could / is / wrong
  • necroreaver
    necroreaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    If you're still having issues, particularly with data4.pck, I have rezipped and uploaded this to: http://files.filefront.com/data4zip/;11517693;/fileinfo.html
    Open your existing archive, and click/drag all the files except data4.pck into another folder. Download data4.zip and extract into that same folder, then run the install.

Im having promblems with extracting all the data packs, i got the background and icon and installer etc, but cant get data packs 1-4 it just freezes my computer. Also when i tried the direct download it gave me an icon that looks like a computer window that opens up a command screen but closes it it like 1 second i have. i have stayed up for 24 hours trying everything listed in the forums. :(
This discussion has been closed.