Client Download & related FAQs

Options

Comments

• dragonelfnova
    dragonelfnova Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am having problems with the installation. It gets to 99% done and then says that it failed to create C:\program\perfectworld etc.etc what does that mean?
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    boy I had no problem like these listed above except update problem as for from where I downloaded game its direct download (downloads downloader then from that downloaded client) don't think also that download have any problem so I agree with darthpanda16 direct download should give you working client
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lyco
    lyco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I downloaded the game but all i got was a list of stuff like
    backround
    autoruncheck.md
    copyright
    data1.pck
    data2.pck
    data3.pck
    data4.pck
    icon
    ijl15
    install
    install jpgi
    unicows
    can someone plz tell me what to do know?
  • zipper
    zipper Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thanks this is really helpfull but one thing when i try to log on to the game it says wrong username and password but its right?
  • xshell
    xshell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am having problems with the installation. It gets to 99% done and then says that it failed to create C:\program\perfectworld etc.etc what does that mean?

i have the problem as you !! some one help
  • nyxx
    nyxx Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Originally Posted by soukyuu
    If it still says the files are corrupted after downloading with torrent, then it means it's your PC that is at fault.
    Torrent downloads never give corrupted files simply because every downloaded part gets checked with a unique checksum.

Try force re-checking your .zip file in the torrent client, then use 7zip for extraction.

I'm sorry but I don't get this remark. If the original compressed file was corrupted how on earth would get an uncorrupted file with torrent? ever heard the old adage **** in **** out?

How my problems uncompressing a file is the fault of a stable PC with a fresh install of the OS with up to date patches and drivers, ( less than two days ago and not a bit of spyware/malware), is mind boggling. Can some one explain this to me, not to mention the fact that the forum is crammed with people with comparable problems.

I understand that PWI can not be responsible for the content on other servers, but, the main direct download and torrent?

I don't want to step on toes but after a day of downloading, unzipping and trying to install some of these comments are not comforting.
    So you've lost an arm hey, well here's a bandaid now back to the front with you.

Stock Answers to unanswerable questions are great. Much easier than independent thought and a lot nicer than saying **** off, your bothering me.
  • paz
    paz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Me, too. I've been trying this all weekend, and I've gotten the same results every time, except for once...then I ran into the other newbie problem, where it wouldn't let me log in. In my frustration, I uninstalled and tried to reinstall, and now I'm back to this problem.

*bangs head on desk* I've heard it's a great game, but really, is it worth all this trouble? Can somebody help please?
  • nyxx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    After an entire day of downloading the files over and over again, I have managed to get half way through installation. Towards the end of data3.pck's verification I am getting the familiar Data pack(data3.pck) broken. Please reinstall

I have tried several mirrors the direct to torrent trick and the torrent itself several times rechecking as well. I now hve a good data 1 and 2 and have gone as far as downloading the data pack 4 just in case. I've been at this for fourteen hours. I have done everything suggested in the sticky threads, and am currently downloading the torrent yet again. I'm beat and going to bed. On the off chance this does not work, is it at all possible for some one to post the data pack 3 somewhere as has been done with the number 4. Please? Pretty please?
    So you've lost an arm hey, well here's a bandaid now back to the front with you.

Stock Answers to unanswerable questions are great. Much easier than independent thought and a lot nicer than saying **** off, your bothering me.
  • tricktia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nyxx wrote: »
    After an entire day of downloading the files over and over again, I have managed to get half way through installation. Towards the end of data3.pck's verification I am getting the familiar Data pack(data3.pck) broken. Please reinstall

I have tried several mirrors the direct to torrent trick and the torrent itself several times rechecking as well. I now hve a good data 1 and 2 and have gone as far as downloading the data pack 4 just in case. I've been at this for fourteen hours. I have done everything suggested in the sticky threads, and am currently downloading the torrent yet again. I'm beat and going to bed. On the off chance this does not work, is it at all possible for some one to post the data pack 3 somewhere as has been done with the number 4. Please? Pretty please?

err :confused: have you tryed direct downloads or downloads from mmofury I can freely say direct download gives Version 1 coruption free as for mmofury one admin himself comfirmed its working client;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricktia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hmm I just read post in back so you did used direct download well if you didn't used from mmofury yet try using also some download manager like Orbit or Flashget they very nice in ordenery direct download (direct download from main page of PWI have its own download so its pointless useing download managers) (just don't use these download managers to download emule or torrent type files they suck in those fields) and to download from mmofury you need to register first on there webpage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyxx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tricktia wrote: »
    hmm I just read post in back so you did used direct download well if you didn't used from mmofury yet try using also some download manager like Orbit or Flashget they very nice in ordenery direct download (direct download from main page of PWI have its own download so its pointless useing download managers) (just don't use these download managers to download emule or torrent type files they suck in those fields) and to download from mmofury you need to register first on there webpage

I am patiently waiting for mmofury to come back online, (server maintence since yesterday, I also saw darkpanda's post.) I am going to keep trying, using multiple methods.

• severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    finkster wrote: »
    same problem dude. installed the game, made sure to verify all files integrity before install of course. installed just fine, updated and everything. looked to be going alright, then when i click 'Start' i get this:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5168/untitledup2.jpg

:confused: i dont know if downloading from Filefront.com has anything to do with it, im sure it doesn't. i've tried the going to game folder and removing the element.data and tasks.data, still doesn't work. tried w/out removing still get the same message, tried with removing element, put element back and tried it removing tasks, still nothing. :( i added PW to my security exceptions list. i make sure to right click the icon for the game and click 'Run As Admin' and still i get the same message... im running on Vista btw, idk if that has anything to do with it either. oh and i made sure to click verify from the update client as well, EVERYTHING checks out ok! and still nothing! has anyone else gotten a message like this? or can help me in some way? if the servers are down and thats why im getting this message ill gladly wait, but this is really pissing me off. thnx in advance ;)

which update server did you select?
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • tricktia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    which update server did you select?

err only one -.- I mean there is only one update server called Patch lol
    if you mean etherblade or lost city server they not update servers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alex1988
    alex1988 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hi. i have a problem to log in. i iunstall the PW. but when i can
  • tricktia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    alex1988 wrote: »
    hi. i have a problem to log in. i iunstall the PW. but when i can

something tells me this incomplete tought :rolleyes: anyway look around forum use search tool there is planty forum posts in same subject not just update/patch problems but login as well :D

P.S. Then ask your question more detailed if you didn't found solution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • friday
    friday Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am about to re-format my hard drive and would like to know how I can back up PW so that I don't have to re-download everything all over again. In other words - which folders/files can I just back up and then copy over again? How do I go about re-installing PW without doing the full download again?

Thanks
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You might want to do the direct download from our main download page.

Make sure you all have applied your beta key to your accounts in the forums, ad it says accepted.

7-Zip seems to be the main extracting program that is working for most people, then WinRAR. Winzip has done fine too for some people.

With downloading, extracting, and patching, you must have a solid and stable internet connection, or you will keep getting bad downloads, and the patcher freezing on you.

We can't help your internet connection/bandwidth issues. Your ISP, country, school, or other similar party may be throttling your bandwidth (dropping packets of data on purpose) because the file is over 2 GBs. Try one of our incremental download sources on our download page too, and see if that helps you with your progress.

For closed beta, there is no manual patch for the game. You must be connected to the patch server, and you must have a solid and stable connection to it while it is patching. When your connection is working right, it only takes a few seconds to 30 seconds or so to patch the game to the latest version.

Please make sure you have the latest drivers for your computer, video card, sound card, have the East Asian language pack installed on your OS (as this helps some people too), meet the system requirements, don't have any other client or version of Perfect World installed on your PC, and have a solid/stable internet connection when downloading and patching.

Hope that helps some :D

It does not hurt to Search and Read the forums before posting too. Please check out the Support page, and the FAQs thoroughly before emailing or posting issues to us. :)

We're doing our best to help everyone, but you have to meet us half-way, ok?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nyxx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am one of the many people still having problems installing PWI. I respect the advice and help that has been given this far. I have read every single thread dealing with download/installation problems in the forum, and tried every step that has been up to now advised. I have downloaded the client from every single source given on the download page, except mmofury, (which has been down for server maintenance since at least Sunday) and playwhat, ( which I am very skeptical of their downloader program). I have also used the new incremental download. I have spent every waking hour since saturday at nine a.m. with the exception of work, downloading this client. I have lost count of how many times I have tried.

I have a decent DSL 6000 connection and download torrents on a regular basis with out any problems. I play online games with this connection on a regular basis and have not expierience so much as a lag up to this point. I have a clean and stable windows XP install that is less than a week old, and is completely patched and up to date to include drivers. I have the newest releases of 7zip, Winrar, and Winzip. I am not the most advanced computer geek in the world, but, I can hold my own, can read and know how to use google rather than bug the hell out of people for things I don't know how to do. I am also very persistent and will get this damned game installed if it kills me.

After many tries I have a good Data1.pck, Data2.pck, and hopefully data4.pck as well, as I downloaded it after ryuuzaki loaded it onto file front. If 4 is valid the only file holding me up is DATA3.PCK. I jokingly asked if some one with a uncorrupted copy could upload it to file front. I am asking again. From what I have seen you have a very good community here and I would really like to be a part of it, not to mention actually get to play the game. I know the old saying you get what you pay for, and while this game is free to play and download, I would drop the cash in minute to get a working copy of this client if for no other reason than to end the frustration of 33+ hours I have invested just trying to install this game.

I know that I am not the only one out there going through this, regardless of which file it is that is broken. It seems to me, if the majority of download problems to this point have been only the four data files. Why not upload all four files separately, as individual zips, ( as has already been done with data4.pck). that way they are not dependent on each other to unzip, and people with broken files can download specifically the files they need. It would go a lot faster than trying to download the whole files again not to mention save bandwidth. It maybe a bit of a hassle, but it just makes sense, if not this week, at least before the open beta starts. The forum is packed with people having this kind of problem now, imagine what its going to be like next week.

• lizzie
    lizzie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    um... i have windows vista and its not running the game launcher thingy.... is this game just not compatable with vista or is there something i can do?
  • lillith
    lillith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have just started a dowload of the client with the Perfect World Iternational downloader. Although I dont have a great internet connection the speed is downloading at an average of 2.0k/sec. Usually download speed for me is in the 28-32k/sec range. I live in New Zealand and am wonderng why the speed of this client in this method could be going so slow. I have done a speed test and my connection claims to be running at normal speeds.

I am now dl the incremental 4 block download way (is this a safe client version to try) and the speed seems to be much better (even thoguh is still half normal speed). Okthis method is also turning down to 2.0k/sec afeter a short burst of normal speed. Other dowloads of similar file size are working fine for me (downloading at normal speed. Dunno why I cant get this one though to run properly. Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome as this game looks great.
  • kadarmik
    kadarmik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've downloaded the Client, but when it goes to update it continuously just runs through the update of files and never goes past Version 1.....
  • friday
    friday Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    friday wrote: »
    I am about to re-format my hard drive and would like to know how I can back up PW so that I don't have to re-download everything all over again. In other words - which folders/files can I just back up and then copy over again? How do I go about re-installing PW without doing the full download again?

Thanks

Any responses for this please.

@ Darthpanda - I did do a search of the forums and no references to reinstalling showed up. I don't have any problems downloading any files or installing them, I have a good high speed connection. I just don't want to HAVE to do it again after a reformat of my HD as my ISP account is soft capped for a month at 5gig and I pay a fearful amount for any bandwidth I use over 5gig.

Thanks in advance.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Bandwidth cap at 5GB? Wow, ouch.

Hold onto the original installation file(s) you downloaded (you know where you put them on your computer, right?), before they were extracted.

Then, when you reinstall from those files, you'll just have to patch again to the latest version.
    Your game data and account info is saved server side, so you can play the game from anywhere.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nyxx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ^Help please...^

• dairyu
    dairyu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    my question is that i downloaded about 83% and while getting there it said disconnected from server. then it reconnects and shows that message again. it did that getting to 83% so i went and did something else away from the pc because it keeps starting and stopping. my computer specs r pretty good 2 so idky its doing this. im not sure if the server is busy or wut but an answer or even guess to wut the probelm is would be helpful. i could even screen capture if you'd like. (now that im thinking about it when on my moms account things tend to mess up)
  • marconi
    marconi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've got a really strange and annoying problem. so,I download the client using the direct download thing,and I downloaded it as an .exe file because it was set that way by default. now I checked your forum and it seems that it's actually a zipped file,so that would explain why it won't work. so I figured i just rename the extension to .zip. but that's the problem,a stupid error message comes saying that the program is in use and blabla you've all seen that message at least once. i tried every damn thing,closing all programs,checking everything 3 times,but no success,I restarted the computer and no success. and the worst part is,I can't even delete the file because of the error. My OS is winxp professional,and yes I am the administrator. any help on this ?
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Try downloading and installing 7-Zip http://www.7-zip.org/ That zip utility seems to have the best reputation among the players so far.

Install the East Asian Language pack from your original Windows disc, this has helped many players with a variety of issues. Perfect World was originally dev'd for the Chinese market and has been very successful there. Having the ability for your PC to handle Chinese text seems to take care of some issues.

Once you have that installed, start over.

Download, extract, verify, install, verify, patch. See if that helps.

Don't rename a .zip extension, bad things can happen ;)

Go into Windows safe mode
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222

and delete the file that way, if it'll let you.

For download issues, your ISP, country, router, school, etc may be throttling your bandwidth.

You must have a solid, stable internet connection for downloading the game, and this is especially true for patching. The patch is small, but it has to have a quick, reliable connection while it is getting the patch from our servers.

We should have manual patches available for open beta, ok? :D

Comcast and AOL don't always play nice with us. If you have to, download and burn to a DVD-ROM the installation file from a friend's house, library, etc, then install it at home.
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I read your post, and other then the official places we have on our website for downloading the game, I personally can not put files up, or recommend that you download some of the files from anywhere else. You do so at your own risk.

As for what files are put up and available for download, the devs and web guys will do what they can, when they can.

The main issue people are having is there internet connection hates them. :D

Either their ISP, country, school, etc; is throttling their bandwidth, or their connection is just intermittent as heck.

Our main download page has some locations where the files are divided up into smaller pieces.

http://perfectworld.com/download

Hope that helps some :)
  • nyxx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Our main download page has some locations where the files are divided up into smaller pieces.

http://perfectworld.com/download

Hope that helps some :)

They are still dependent on one another, meaning in order for me to get a decent data3.pck, I have to at the very least download piece 3 and 4, which leaves a larger margin for error when unzipping them again. I have a fast flat rate DSL connection, and get the individual files in about a half hour. My suggestion isn't about speed, but, rather file consistency. What the cause for my problem is I haven't the slightest. I get the files in a reasonable amount of time, ( 2G in an hour ain't bad if they only worked) I still think it is a valid suggestion to have the four data files uploaded some where. As far as the Dev's go I am sure they have their hands full as it is.

• lillith
    lillith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I tried quite a few methods of download and can now say the offical download in 4 parts worked a treat for me. It has also patched well and is easy to install after download. The first file is a exe file that when you run will extrack all the rar files (data packs) into one folder. So if anyone has had problems trying to get a working vewrsion downloaded I would recomend this one.
This discussion has been closed.