Client Download & related FAQs

Options

Comments

• zarythe
    zarythe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I just finished downloading the game and i have a Perfect World Desktop Icon that brought me to the patcher the first time i clicked it. While i was there it said that an unknown error had occured and that it was "Uninstalling" becuase of it. Now when i try to get to the patcher, nothing happens even tho the icon/button on my desktop and in my files is still there. Do i need to re install the entire game? :confused:
  • enak
    enak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes that is the exact link l used Darthpanda.
    Tells me all data packs are damaged, and l tried several times re-downloading.
  • enak
    enak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Gotten a bit further. But on patching it tells me "perfect world file download appear error"

What do l do?. :(
  • avangelass
    avangelass Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok so maybe I'm not too computer savy but I downloaded everything extracted the files. Opened the Install and then it says File route can not be created? "The Destination File could not be created"
  • kohta
    kohta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    theres like a patch .bon or something like that that keeps runing. What is that? is that antivirus thing?
  • Legend - Lost City
    Legend - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Um I have a question, when I go to log onto PWI, a pop up comes up right away saying "Cannot connect to Server", what's going on?
    And yes my broadband link is working.
  • bloowolf
    bloowolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ok, so i installed perfect world last night >_>, sep, 27... my comp turned off when it was in the middle of extracting perfect world, (cause a guy hit the pole and the power went off :/) and now when i try to open it, a window pops up and says it cant open the file as an archive! and ive downloaded 3 times, ive try'd repairing/opening/ and adding and archive with 7 Zip,winrar, and WinZip... help? :(
  • Legend - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bloowolf wrote: »
    ok, so i installed perfect world last night >_>, sep, 27... my comp turned off when it was in the middle of extracting perfect world, (cause a guy hit the pole and the power went off :/) and now when i try to open it, a window pops up and says it cant open the file as an archive! and ive downloaded 3 times, ive try'd repairing/opening/ and adding and archive with 7 Zip,winrar, and WinZip... help? :(

Search zipped folder extractor on google, you'll get some results that can help extract the files.
  • bloowolf
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Search zipped folder extractor on google, you'll get some results that can help extract the files.

... nothing of real use, step by step instructions anyone?? if it matters im using vista
  • Legend - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ... nothing of real use, step by step instructions anyone?? if it matters im using vista

Actually there is, look at the results, there is a file extractor download as one of the first results.
  • bloowolf
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Actually there is, look at the results, there is a file extractor download as one of the first results.

i downloaded "fsZipx" it doesnt work, ok look,

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/ketsuma/wontwork.jpg

that -.-
  • fyrsta
    fyrsta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Okay right after I finished installing, I ran the game. The first thing that came up was the auto-patch downloader... my problem is the font for all the options was impossible to read, so I just checked everything and hit what i assumed was okay... then what looked like some settings came up...those as well were all in that same font... I just hit what I assumed was okay... now I'm in the character creation screen... I can't make it fullscreen and the options for charatcer customization are covering most of my character so I can't see what is being changed. Can anyone help me out?
  • aubreyt
    aubreyt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sooo i have been trying 5 hours to install this fking game....i dled it....and i had to find the ZIP file cuz it was not in folder i put it in....and i click extract and i get the message
    "can not open file 'C/users/......etc..' as archive" has any one got any bright ideas....it has the same message on 7zip....i've read this entire thread....7zip wont extract them either...someone plz help me =/
    MysticalAub- 105x3 Demon Mystic
    Aubzy- 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Aubz- 101/101/101 Demon Veno
    lAubzl- 101/101/101 Demon Stormbringer
    xlmaginaryx- 101/101/102 Demon Wizard
    XxXAubreyXxX- 101/100 Demon Blademaster
  • aubreyt
    aubreyt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

same for me.....nothing is working

and her pic at
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...a/wontwork.jpg
    is the same pic i get T_T
    MysticalAub- 105x3 Demon Mystic
    Aubzy- 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Aubz- 101/101/101 Demon Veno
    lAubzl- 101/101/101 Demon Stormbringer
    xlmaginaryx- 101/101/102 Demon Wizard
    XxXAubreyXxX- 101/100 Demon Blademaster
  • kruzy
    kruzy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i started a download with the direct version and soon as i got to 83% it keeps disconnecting from server or running really slow at 5.0K/sec up to 56k/sec (usually up at 250k - 300k)
  • tyrii
    tyrii Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i tried to download using the Direct way and when it finished downloading which took no time at all i clicked on the .exe file that downloaded to my desktop. It seems to want to download again after i click that and it is taking forever, and at very LOW low speeds. after a whole day only 2% was downloaded. It's weird but if i pause the download and then resume it again the downloading speed goes from 1289kb to .2kb in like 30 seconds......and ideas why??:confused:

I fail at trying the Direct way so I've started downloading the .torrent and its downloading somewhat at a faster speed. It has only been 15 min. and i already have 10% downloaded. ><

I'd still like to know why the Direct way wasn't working. Anyone else have this problem?

Can't wait to play ><''
    :D
  • tyrii
    tyrii Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    try DL the Bit Torrent version, it seems to be downloading ok for me. I was having issues with the Direct download as well.
  • kruzy
    kruzy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lol its other way around for me, the bit torrent is slow and the direct downloaded 80% in 2hours but reaching 83% its taken 1hour to download 1Mb
  • grumpy1
    grumpy1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kruzy wrote: »
    i started a download with the direct version and soon as i got to 83% it keeps disconnecting from server or running really slow at 5.0K/sec up to 56k/sec (usually up at 250k - 300k)

The same exact thing is happening to me. Very infuriating!!
  • grumpy1
    grumpy1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    tyrii wrote: »
    i tried to download using the Direct way and when it finished downloading which took no time at all i clicked on the .exe file that downloaded to my desktop. It seems to want to download again after i click that and it is taking forever,

From question 1 of the FAQ; "Perfect World International client download and installation GUIDE by Ryuuzaki"
    The Direct Download will prompt you to download the Perfect World International download utility. This is a specific download manager that can pause the download of the installation pack to be resumed later, if necessary.
  • camdogz
    camdogz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i went to install and it said data pack 3 was corrupt so i deleted data pack 3 from my computer and then i downloaded part 3 of 4 because i thought that it would be data pack 3 and it was. then i went to extract it and it said "you need the next volume to extract".

anything i can do other than downloading the whole thing again.

if u have an answer can you please send to cambecker1@hotmail.com
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    camdogz wrote: »
    i went to install and it said data pack 3 was corrupt so i deleted data pack 3 from my computer and then i downloaded part 3 of 4 because i thought that it would be data pack 3 and it was. then i went to extract it and it said "you need the next volume to extract".

anything i can do other than downloading the whole thing again.

if u have an answer can you please send to cambecker1@hotmail.com
    reffer to the 1st post and this question please
    Q: I get an error saying "<filename>.extension" is corrupted. what do i do now? (mostly data4.pck)
    A:- get a torrent client
    - download the torrent from the main page
    - rename your Perfect_World_International.zip to Perfect World International.zip
    - open the torrent with the torrent client
    - when it asks you where to put the file, point to the folder your .zip is in.

it will check the files and re-download the parts that are corrupt.

Another option is to re download the whole thing from HTTP again. Which obviously will take longer & you are running th risk to get a corrupted file again
    if you have the original zip file you downloaded, please you that
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakarr
    drakarr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I have downloaded the game via each and every list method..direct..each data pack..and torrent...and no matter which install I run..I get the message that each of the data packs are "broken" and to try and re-download the install file...which ..as I said..I have done..over..and over..and over..ect

now what?...BTW..this is for my wife's account..my account/client..works fine
    ESO: Celtar {Rouge}
    PWI: Celtar {Archer}
    JD: Celtar {Lupin}
  • harrypothead
    harrypothead Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Lawl >_> k Well i downloaded the 2.5gb from filefront where i downloaded darkeden. It got done downloading so than i run it. Than it asks to extract files to a document file in the computer. Sooo uuuuuuuuuh lol. :eek:
  • yumia
    yumia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    umm... i downloaded the game, but theres no zip... ahhh!:confused::eek:
  • harrypothead
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'ma try re-extracting the files HOPING it willnot **** my comp >_>
  • harrypothead
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well i clicked install icon a new folder i found lol. Thanks to an already user KillerByte and now it is dling all the **** :D I'll be playing soon auhsuahsuahsa xD
  • analeigh
    analeigh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hey, so I did the seperated clients 1,2,3, and 4.

I saved 2,3, and 4 into a file and ran #1. When all 4 files had finished extracting, the installation quit and I was left confused and robbed of hours of impatient waiting.

What now?

:confused:
  • kriena
    kriena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've tried for about 3 times to directly download the client. Currently I'm using Orbit Downloader(always have) for all attempts and i noticed when the downloading point got past 87% (2GB/2.32GB), the downloading speed drops dramatically from about 378kb/s to 20kb/s- as low as 3kb/s. This frustrates me because of the last 0.32GB. (So close yet so far b:sad)

I've tried downloading from mirrors as well as the official website. Is the poor downloading speed at the final stretch a normal thing or should I download via 4 parts?

Oh and since I'm a little confused, the 4 part download is a bit torrent am I right?

P.S. Please do not ask me to go read ryuuzaki's Installation Guide, couldn't find any answers to my problem there.

P.P.S. Have a great day! b:victory
  • tanda
    tanda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    this is all very frustrating.. i've now downloaded the game twice, once on the bit torrent, and once on the direct download, and in each case it says that the packs 1 through 4 are corrupted. i think that rather than there being a problem with my computer, the problem is really with the website. its a shame really because the game looked like it would be fun...
This discussion has been closed.