• mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    mauriziob wrote: »
    The paladin tank 5 players?
    This is ridiculous.
    Only 5 **** do not kill a paladin.
    Two great players can kill him easily.

Any class survives against 5 ****

Ever stop to wonder that maybe its your OPal that's the problem?
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    So all u guys now want to destroy paladin's survibility, good, then this class can be delete.:mad:

lolwut?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but doesn't Paladin have the best survivability in the game? How is toning down the single-hardest hitting power in the game destroying the Paladin's survivability?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    take my DPS, make the the lowest output in the group, but also make it so i can stand in that red circle with my shield up and actually live. i think a lot of us would agree to that. make us the tank. Though i think GF should be. since they already do more DPS than i do, maybe their defense should be lowered

I'd be happy if they made it so I could get my shield up in time when I'm in a red circle. With my GF, I have no problem getting the shield up before an attack, but my Paladin ends up on the ground half of the time. Yes, I know, the Pally is a tank. I can solo Biggrin so it's not a L2P issue. But it takes about 3 times as long to do anything as it does with my CW. I could live with that if the shield actually did something when the shift key was pressed and not a second or two later.
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I do get the original concept of DJ and it was actually sort of clever. Obviously didn't work all that great (or alternatively far too well, depending on how you look at it) in practice, and this change reads like more or less the most rational fix to the single-target overkill issue.

Now let's just hope they don't somehow manage to screw up the code... :v
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mungsu wrote: »
    I could live with that if the shield actually did something when the shift key was pressed and not a second or two later.

I'd be happy if it did *anything* reliably instead of only roughly a third of the time...
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    lolwut?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but doesn't Paladin have the best survivability in the game? How is toning down the single-hardest hitting power in the game destroying the Paladin's survivability?

No, i am not taking about the divine judgement and i don't care it nerf or buff. I am saying someone said op has insane immunity time, i know u are talking about heroism, but do u know it has 3 sec active time and it will be cancelled if press any and other button. 3 sec is enough time for u to cc him or prone (batter).
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh joy. Another PvP balance fix that screws with PvE play.

Ah well - I didn't use DJ all that much anyway, and TBH the new version is probably superior for my playstyle. Yay.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • kkmcoodleskkmcoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have a suggestion... if you are going to bow to the pvp'ers and turn DJ into a purely AoE power, could you at least widen the area of effect a little bit... it's not often you find 7 targets inside a 10' area... could you maybe widen it to 15 or 20 feet... that might at least make the nerfing feel a little less painful :-)

Yes I realize that killing two giants, or two yetis, or one polar bear, or one biggrin, is about to become a very tiresome (if not impossible) task for paladins, and that widening the area won't change that... but at least it's something...
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As an HR since mod2, I know what it's like when your classes' favourite toys get taken away, lost count of how many times I've had to respecc, change race, re-roll, re-boon, just to pull a good build out of the ashes of the old. Bite the bullet, look at what you've got, find a new meta, adapt. Either that or candy crush.

C'mon guys suck it up, you're tanks remember, you can take a hit.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jugger71 wrote: »
    Oh and btw, how many of you actually run a pally? Im guessing none of you.

Why would i want to run a invincable, one shoting paladin? <3333
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Lol last time I checked this was GENERAL DISSCUSSION not PVP DISCUSSION so Discorice has every right to comment here. Maybe you're in the wrong section venting eh?
    :):):):)

Testify!!!
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited June 2015
    GF is a tank class? heh they still get destrioed through that 80% dmg block <333333 and paladins? mhmm they have a shield caled 50k heals/50k temp hp <33333333
    edited June 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    No, i am not taking about the divine judgement and i don't care it nerf or buff. I am saying someone said op has insane immunity time, i know u are talking about heroism, but do u know it has 3 sec active time and it will be cancelled if press any and other button. 3 sec is enough time for u to cc him or prone (batter).

Heroism? who uses that? <3?!!?
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Ops are still better off then a healing DC.. as you are even more immortal then that class is.

They still need to have a reduction in survibility for pvp, the nerfs are not done yet.

They should be on par with the DC, damage and survive wise, not better at both. Frankly the DC already had a terrible rework and is getting more nerfs already today..

Get used to it, you play a utility class, you got a grace period, too bad that the double kills were not working at the time though, as you got screwed out of farming those.

Lol, no offence but if you think DC have worse survivality than Paladin in pvp you aren't using dodge mechanic to full potential.
  • sixpax2sixpax2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    i always thought this was how it was supposed to be used. you spend time fighting the little ones, whittle them down till only a few or one left, then bring the hammer of justice down on their head.

Previously, that is how it was used because the AoE damage was laughable. The problem with that usage though was you'd have DJ just sitting there ready to be used while you wait to get down to a single mob. Now you can use it as soon as it's ready. Hopefully this will allow us to finish dailies faster now, especially in IWD where you're having to kill multiple strong mobs simultaneously.
    "While it is possible to tank as a Justice or Light paladin, it is substantially harder, especially on longer fights where Holy Barrier and your other defensive feats get chances to kick in and contribute quite a bit of defensive power." - System Designer Gentlemancrush
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Does it really matter anymore? Population numbers have declined another 20% and with the new P2W model they are introducing the game will be a ghost town.
  • drasekrivendrasekriven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Ops are still better off then a healing DC.. as you are even more immortal then that class is.

They still need to have a reduction in survibility for pvp, the nerfs are not done yet.

They should be on par with the DC, damage and survive wise, not better at both. Frankly the DC already had a terrible rework and is getting more nerfs already today..

Get used to it, you play a utility class, you got a grace period, too bad that the double kills were not working at the time though, as you got screwed out of farming those.

why should a paladin be on par with a DC in survivability its a hybrid class tanky like a GF and healy like a DC. And with 3 trees Justice for supposed dmg, bulwark for defense and light for healing you can choose how you want to play. If you want tank really successful then you go bulwark like the dev said in the devtracker and use the def ramp ups. I use justice alot of pvp not to mention if i am protection why would i use the light tree so thats really only good for devotion path. We have alot of skills that add bonus damage or weapon damage, and have two encounters that improves all damage we do by 30% for 20 secs and 20% more damage to target of vow. Not to mention if specced in justice all the way to venegeful judge increase in damage dealt by 35% for 10 secs. i find it procs quite often now. Weave in purifying fire and we can do some damage, its like the other poster said, you want damage spec in damage power/armpen and crit leave out def and deflect. I would love to be able to copy my char on live and spec one for pvp with pro/justice and one for pve pro/bulwark so i can get my fix for damage dealer and then tank for content. I am happy with the OP and the choices i have to play them.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If only SW could be striker leaders rather then striker Nada...
    I'd rather say they are Nada Nada. lol
    edited June 2015
    sixpax2 wrote: »
    Previously, that is how it was used because the AoE damage was laughable. The problem with that usage though was you'd have DJ just sitting there ready to be used while you wait to get down to a single mob. Now you can use it as soon as it's ready. Hopefully this will allow us to finish dailies faster now, especially in IWD where you're having to kill multiple strong mobs simultaneously.
    Or you could use another method of isolating the strongest mob - Relentless Avenger works well for this - and nuke him whenever you liked. Just needed a bit of thought/tactics and creativity. Now that option is gone.

We already had plenty of AOE options. It's single target where we lacked and now that's even worse.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So many threads and so much salty tears. REMEMBER the GWF hate, u shall not have high damage and survive!
    A DC is not killing folks (if not speced into one) , neither does a protspec GF.

But an immortal OP should still deal ****load of dmg? Oo
    Wake up.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Great.Another tank class got hit with the nerf hammer cause some DPS classes complained.
    DJ needed an adjustment but the nerf is outrageous and severe.

I see vile enjoyment here and trolly comments.

"I have to admit, this salt is delicious.

Oh no, what is this? Can't be tanky and immortal and have massive damage dailies as a cherry on top anymore? Well, at least you still retain some cc and interrupts, so you can still be Defender-Leader-Controllers.....
    Actually, maybe OPs should lose another one of those roles too."

It was the vocal CW horde that put the nerf conspiracy in motion.
    OPs remember who attacked you and nerfed your class.Just rmember and retaliate when CW nerf discussion opens.They ruined your class and your gameplay satisfaction.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They ruined your class and your gameplay satisfaction.

Yep completely ruined. They even ruined your whole life! I guess the best thing to do now for every OP player is to jump out of the window, life's not worth anymore.
    It was a crappy gameplay it it was only relying on a daily power...
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Great.Another tank class got hit with the nerf hammer cause some DPS classes complained.
    DJ needed an adjustment but the nerf is outrageous and severe.

I see vile enjoyment here and trolly comments.

"I have to admit, this salt is delicious.

Oh no, what is this? Can't be tanky and immortal and have massive damage dailies as a cherry on top anymore? Well, at least you still retain some cc and interrupts, so you can still be Defender-Leader-Controllers.....
    Actually, maybe OPs should lose another one of those roles too."

It was the vocal CW horde that put the nerf conspiracy in motion.
    OPs remember who attacked you and nerfed your class.Just rmember and retaliate when CW nerf discussion opens.They ruined your class and your gameplay satisfaction.
    thats because specced to health and defense cw's with full pvp gear were getting 1 hit by pallys becuase we didnt dodge perfectly and we couldnt counter and thats with shield on tab. hitting for 300k is not fair. theres nothing you can do for gwf and sw and its a tank class that you cant kill. why should you get a one hitting daily also. i mean following this balance mod 5 trs should also have had 100k health with self heal capabilities do you agree?
    edited June 2015
    In terms of PvE, it's actually a buff when you can group more than 3 mobs into the AoE..
    Nope. We already had plenty enough AOE for PvE encounters, it's ST damage against tougher targets that's lacking and DJ filled that role. Now there is nothing in the OP toolbox for ST damage, which is going to make daily Lair bosses a royal pain to fight.

Why they couldn't have applied this nerf to PvP only is frankly beyond me.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I liked this patch as a GF because people liked unkillable tank class with ****load of dps in pvp and pve both instead of a GF which cant facetank or heal themselves enough(sometimes I outheal dcs).Actually I got kicked some of the groups because they cant burst,control or dodge the mobs so they wanted an OP to do all the job for them.Now lets see who really wanted to play OP and play the role(healer or tank) in the group
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it was all long overdue... (rest of this article pertains to Bis pvp)

you're the best tank (as an off tank)

you're the best healer (as an off healer)

you don't get to 1 shot people too... now go back to using the most broken idea of an encounter (DAMAGE IMMUNITY) with nearly 100% uptime.... You guys sound like TR's complaining about their damage/ability to 1v1 any class EXCEPT paladins lol...
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    PVP is ruining this game. It spells the end of Neverwinter.
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    PVP is ruining this game. It spells the end of Neverwinter.

people say this constantly every mod and yet neverwinter keeps going. go ahead and leave we will be fine without you.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No lol, PVE ruined this game by making us PVP. PVE is a joke, it is easy, not a challenge, repetitive, and they use old skins with dif colors and the same mechanics.... so we pvp. Why does PVE get effected??

Because the Dev's more times than not are too LAZY to separate the two. They did it with daze and prone abilities... why do they never do mega nerfs that are for PVP only for PVP? I have no idea my friend. You can't blame PVP, it is the last competitive place left on this game... Blame the devs
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Was testing the DJ changes (PVE) on preview. Apparently the critical hit is not hit one (main target), hit all critical. Each target has a chance of being a critical hit. I knew DJ was bound to get nerfed..
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg