test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

6/4/2015 - OP Changes / Divine Judgement Feedback

jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Citadel
Yep, thats right. The one single offensive thing we can do "Divine Judgement" gets nerfed. Now all we get to do is try not to die as opposed to try not to die and one-shot poeple once every 5 minutes. Unless they dodge of course.
Post edited by jugger71 on

Comments

• Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Im happy that it does get nerfed C: and paladins arent made to DPS...and ading a 1 shot no-skill daily aint a balancing factor. Paladins are tanks, healers, buffers. <33333
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    jugger71 wrote: »
    Yep, thats right. The one single offensive thing we can do "Divine Judgement" gets nerfed. Now all we get to do is try not to die as opposed to try not to die and one-shot poeple once every 5 minutes. Unless they dodge of course.

you still have at-wills. besides pally isnt a dps class. its made to be defensive tank buffer and healer.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Reduced 67%?? You say nerf, I say absolutely useless. That was our one single way to kill people and now? Well we get to run around like idiots even more. And yes, I never used the Divine Call exploit because, oh they get fixed as well. All those fixes are good, I agree. But the nerf to our Daily is ridic. Fix the Divine Call and call it good.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh and btw, how many of you actually run a pally? Im guessing none of you.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you want to kill people there are lots of other class choices, but those of course would require you to risk actually dying yourself, god forbid.
  • Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    See, the problem with this nerf is, we will now have no option of doing any daily content solo in a reasonable amount of time, as DJ is really the only power we have that does any meaningful damage.

I REALLY don't want to beg my guildies to handhold me through basic IWD or sharandar dailies just because otherwise all the dailies will monopolize all of my play time.

There are so many powers that have reduced effectiveness in pvp vs pve contexts. Why is it so hard to have the 67% nerf also apply only in pvp context.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's an extremely tough punching bag too!
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yesterday in Domination 30~39, my HR was one-shoted 8 times by OPs. The opposite team has 3 OPs, 1 TR and 1 CW. Even TR can't do this damage... Maybe the OP nerf works only in pvp matches.

PS.: sorry for the bad english
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good lord people, just because a class is "not a dps class" doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to deal any damage at all.

DPS classes have a wealth of damage-dealing powers in their toolbox, but they also have many utility powers as well. Paladin really has only the one damage-dealer.
  • Options
    fanskapet666fanskapet666 Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    Well the OP took the spot for prot specced GFs, did you ever see them dealing any dmg? Ofc not, this is a good balance fix.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Should we call the whambulance?

Try playing a Exec TR and feeling the effects of a NINJA-nerfed Shadow of Demise... as soon as you start leveling to 70. OPs were destined for a nerf... you all knew it and many of you accepted it. Was it too much, probably, but I think you will survive.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nerfed? I'd say buffed. Now you can 1 shot a pack of players since the damage doesn't split anymore and you can hit up to 7 targets. A 1/3rd of 600k damage is still 200k damage. Lol
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    So now the DC or CW will take that spot.

i could argue that a DC is too tanky with too much heal or a CW is to tanky with too much DPS. i've fought both those builds before.
    oh well, i'll give it a shot, then back to the TR if i must.

DC isn't that tanky, the problem is dodge which can increase your survivality to insane level. The DJ had to be nerfed in pvp. In PvE it was fine imo. I hope they will buff some Paladins encounter or at will dmg, because it's really low atm. Dailies will be a hell, especially for the healing Paly.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sure, drop DJ and buff at wills and encounters would be a good tradeoff i think. i'd be cool with that. heck, i'd be cool with DJ being only single target, not AoE.

I don't mind the nerf too much.. I mean. it was extremely strong. But yeah I totally agree. buff OP at-wills and encounter damage by like 25-30% then. DJ was their only real source of damage. GF encounters Hit WAY harder than OP, and GF is also a "tank" class.
    rule number 1 of PvP. there must be no other god before a TR. so nerf the OP.

This. Especially when they introduce / Fix the "additive arpen resist" Piercing damage will be even MORE OP than it it now. I mean. it bypasses all the extra DR that tenacity gives already, and is unaffected by arpen / arpen resist.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    > Divine Judgement: Damage has been reduced by 67% but no longer divides equally among targets hit. Target cap increased to 7 (up from 5)

How are paladins expected to do dailies anymore? Dailies that take the longest tend to have one strong creature with supporting minions. The only viable strategy has been to build AP and then use Divine Judgement. With this change, I don't see how a Paladin can complete dailies in anything nearly resembling reasonable time. This one feat does do a lot of damage, but without it, we are not solo viable.

This feels like a change to make PVP more balanced, but will make many of the PVE solo missions much harder.

I would request that one or more developers take an average iLevel OP and solo Biggrin, to see how this change feels to the average player.

If you still want to keep the change, please consider increasing our base damage somewhat. Dailies are already so darn slow...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?950091-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150515a-2&p=11165381&viewfull=1#post11165381
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It doesn't divide at all. It hits 7 for the same amount according to what the patch notes says.
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It shouldn't be surprising, it was a ridiculously strong skill in some circumstances. It made pve bosses ridiculously easy and one shots some people in pvp. It would be nice to have a higher ap generation though as it is pretty slow compared to every other class.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll definitely have to see how the 67% reduction in damage, but no splitting among targets hit, works in actual play. For me, I used to specifically kill off the trash mobs, so as to better damage the tougher ones. With this change, I'll probably just use it as an opener.

I really wish OPs got another damaging daily - this sort of pulled double duty - it can be an AoE, or it can be single target. With it being made into an AoE all the time, we need a good single target daily...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've got to agree that the nerf to the OP divine judgement should come with a balancing to other aspects of their damaging powers to better take on PvE bosses. While a one-shot hit was clearly overpowered, perhaps a build up over time of buffs/debuffs on a single target might work better. Paladins should be holy warriors after all.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [...]
    How are paladins expected to do dailies anymore? Dailies that take the longest tend to have one strong creature with supporting minions. The only viable strategy has been to build AP and then use Divine Judgement. With this change, I don't see how a Paladin can complete dailies in anything nearly resembling reasonable time. This one feat does do a lot of damage, but without it, we are not solo viable.
    [...]

...welcome to the boat Healers, SWs, and many HRs already sit in.

So Biggrin's now takes two hours. Ewww. And? Party up or play slowly...

Also, add management could even be improved - don't have to wheedle them down to 2 + Boss, which would be the overall damage break even point. Only finishing the boss will take longer. And most bosses' adds spawn at certain health percentage thresholds, so the number of those will stay the same.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    > Divine Judgement: Damage has been reduced by 67% but no longer divides equally among targets hit. Target cap increased to 7 (up from 5)

This feels like a change to make PVP more balanced, but will make many of the PVE solo missions much harder.

I would request that one or more developers take an average iLevel OP and solo Biggrin, to see how this change feels to the average player.

If you still want to keep the change, please consider increasing our base damage somewhat. Dailies are already so darn slow...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?950091-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150515a-2&p=11165381&viewfull=1#post11165381

Been able to solo Biggrin, have you? NICE.
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And TR daily, and CW daily, don't also one shot some people in PvP?

My fairly close to BiS CW has a 46,969-56,311 Ice knife. My 2k Item level paladin does 79,743-95,518. It's a pretty big difference...