What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

6/4/2015 - OP Changes / Divine Judgement Feedback

Comments

• Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All you have to do now is hit 4 targets every time, and the damage will be greater than before. 3 targets is equal.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not a huge surprise. I'll see how it plays. As it's the only daily I think I've ever used on the Paladin I'm unlikely to unslot as a result of this change.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Instead of addressing character bugs they decide to Nerf the only skill that does any decent damage? This is outrageous. I use Divine Judgement to get through soloing dailies. Otherwise it takes me several minutes to kill one freaking bear in IWD...

Thanks Cryptic, you guys really know how to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off your customers hey?
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    carrytiex wrote: »
    My fairly close to BiS CW has a 46,969-56,311 Ice knife. My 2k Item level paladin does 79,743-95,518. It's a pretty big difference...
    Are you serious? Go grab a BiS OP then you solo something, then have him solo it, I bet you kill it twice as fast. An OP has low dps overall. This Nerf really made us bad now. It was the only thing we had that gave us any dps at all.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    And TR daily, and CW daily, don't also one shot some people in PvP? i dont' see this as being an different than a CW having a negation, and shield on tab and being a tank, with a LOT more control and dps. or a same geared TR being unkillable by an OP. unless you get LUCKY enough to get him with your daily.

Who are you kidding? Paladins are tanks or healers. They should be one-shotting exactly no oone. You know for a fact no one is one-shotting them.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Are you serious? Go grab a BiS OP then you solo something, then have him solo it, I bet you kill it twice as fast. An OP has low dps overall. This Nerf really made us bad now. It was the only thing we had that gave us any dps at all.

It may come as a shock to you, but paladins aren't meant to be dps. If they did comparable dps then you'd just have a whole team of paladins. I already stated that they could do with some help in some areas and/or solo mob health nerfs, but don't pretend that even if they had an inferior kit, that having an overpowered skill is instantly valid. Hammer of fate got nerfed a long time ago and it wasn't near as powerful. DCs couldn't dps then either apart from that skill.

As for the "instead of fixing character bugs". There still remain bugs that should've been fixed a while ago and it is poor, but come on, it's a variable that was tweaked. Lets not pretend every single change is preventing other work to be done because that's not true.
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    but they can now. DCs outdps a lot of other classes when played as DPS and not heal/buff/debuff

Well imo they made the mechanics too strong, but anyway thats irrelevant. The point is that they made a change based on the balance then for a similar reason to this change. The only thing is that paladins will probably still do more damage than hammer of fate and will be aoe. And aoe damage will be improved with over 3 targets or equivalent with 3 and almost equivalent on a crit with 3. I wouldn't say that paladins are will known for their high crit though. The skill is too storng and should be balanced. If you think other skills should be balanced up, fine but like I said, you can't keep something broken to make up for the stuff that isn't. From my limited experience, top Paladins can survive way too well in pvp and I've even seen 1 paladin compete extremely well in pve for dps (BiS as am I almost, and I limited my pve time since it's not as worth rerunning).
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Paladin is not a dps class and that is pretty much the whole of it. Your complaints about DPS are sort of a non-point. If your paladin wasn't tanky enough, or didn't heal well enough, or couldn't get and hold aggro - those complints make sense. I saw this nerf coming the day I started playing a paladin. Here we are close to a new mod, people have bought their paladin booster kits and all kinds of extra <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already, so it's time for balancing. They do that with every new class.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Invalid argument you Cthulhu wannabe. The CW isnt a tank yet is able to achieve DR some tanks can only dream of. Neverwinter is not a D&D game and it doesnt follow any real its rules. DPS has always been king in this game and now with the absurd "everyone gets the same HP" thing CON, a main tanking stat is also obsolete. Stick to PVE will ya, leave PVP discussions alone

i would much rather see you leave pvp for good. you add nothing to the discussion and are not wanted here. please leave.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good lord people, just because a class is "not a dps class" doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to deal any damage at all.
    DPS classes have a wealth of damage-dealing powers in their toolbox, but they also have many utility powers as well. Paladin really has only the one damage-dealer.

oneshot every 5 seconds, doesn´t make sense to a tanking class
    i run with OP tank from guild who deals insane damage only tanking, equal to some DPS classes , that does not make sense too
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Tell that to my face. Till then you are just another anonymous nobody behind a computer talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to people online. While I actually spoke about the matter at hand you focused on my person. Ignored

im not talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. you told someone else to leave and focused on their person therefore your opinion to me and others is invalid. go ahead and ignore me its what kids do i do not care. i asked you to leave because you started being rude and have nothing to offer anymore.and to the op i think we all knew this nerf was coming.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    packrat0 wrote: »
    Good lord people, just because a class is "not a dps class" doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to deal any damage at all.

DPS classes have a wealth of damage-dealing powers in their toolbox, but they also have many utility powers as well. Paladin really has only the one damage-dealer.

my cw with shield on tab and full pvp gear with radiants rank 8s in defense slots gets one shotted by pallys well under my gear. how is this fair?i try to dodge but i cant be perfect every time.
  • Options
    mauriziobmauriziob Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Daily Paladin went from making 120,000 of damage to 3700

Months of work and time to create a rank 12 dummy.

Sell your zen to another idiot. I am going away from this game
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, I'm not surprised they nerfed this skill. I was beginning to wonder when I saw one OP tank crit a CW for 111k once in PvP lol
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not overly happy either, but I'll reserve full judgement until maint is over.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If a tr was able to keep two players and stay alive while doing no damage was considered the best pvp class in game
    A paladin about to tank 5 people and doing no damage can easily take its place

Reflect damage is more tham enough. You reflect more damage of that you take
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lmao, your **** got fixed and you already out? fine.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Tell that to my face. Till then you are just another anonymous nobody behind a computer talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to people online. While I actually spoke about the matter at hand you focused on my person. Ignored

So I guess he'll be joining you as an anonymous nobody behind a computer talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to people online.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Paladin = dummy
    The Daily Paladin went from making 120,000 of damage to 3700

Months of work and time to create a rank 12 dummy.

Sell your zen to another idiot. I am going away from this game

The nerf value is 1/3rd.
    ■ If your DJ really used to hit for broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of 120k damage, then it now hits for 40k. Considering most non-BiS 2nd~3rd class PvP builds have around 80~90k, that's still around half health with one attack. Now, it hits with this same amount of damage for up to seven caught in the AoE.

■ If your DJ hits for 3,700 currently, then your initial DJ damage value was 11.1k

So which is it? ROFL. If you want to lie through your teeth to exaggerate something, then at least doctor the numbers up to make sense, instead of posting dumb shi* like this which just makes you look that much more ridiculous.

You're clearly showing the typical, whinal-retentive attitude commonly observed in typical FotM hordes that move over to new classes based on exploits and imbalances, and then simply dump the class the moment a balance fix comes along and removes the exploit.

You can't kill anything? Of course you can't kill anything. Nobody builds their OP for any kind of damage. Do you even have the right paragon for damage or utility? All your power/feat picks/class feature choices are intended for purely survival, and it still allowed you to get kills every 75 seconds because you could always trust a broken, imbalanced Daily power.

But since now that's gone, if you want to get more damage for kills, then frickin' build for it. Switch out your frickin' power choices for more offense-oriented utilities. Of course, you become that much weaker in survival. But ain't that the price every normal class pays?

UUUUUhhhh boooo-hoo, then why does GF have so powerful damage....? :rolleyes: Maybe because they don't have any of the buffs or self-heals or utilities and are vastly inferior in terms of pure self-protection? They have higher damage at the price of lower survival.

UUUUUhhhh boooo-hoo, even if I pick offensive encounters, class features and stuff, I'm still vastly weaker than other classes in DPS... ... then frickin' what did you expect? Did you expect to carry around a big-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shield and still be able to nuke stuff like a CW could? That's the limit of your class. If you want more DPS then get a DPS class, instead of picking up a tanking class and then crying about how it can't do any damage.

Take a frickin' wild guess as to why people hate MI/Sabo TRs. I'm betting both of my balls that almost every OP whiner here has complained about TRs at some point of their gaming lives.

Why is MI/Sabo broken? Because they have that permastealth survivability, and are still able to damage people easily with broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-shi* like LoL set bonuses and piercing damage, and Shoxecution. Why do people complain? Because a class/build of that much survivability and resilience, should not have damage that can hurt or kill people so easily. People are asking a nerf to these TR builds and RIGHTFULLY SO.

So why should you OPs be exempt from this rule of balance? Why should you be allowed the game's strongest survivability, and still be able to damage anything?
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    -67% dmg is ~2/3 nerf ^
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ^ You cant tank 5 players as Paladin unless they're bad and undergeared. Heck even a DC will win a node against Paly because of knockback spam. Same with CW canceling repel.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    If a tr was able to keep two players and stay alive while doing no damage was considered the best pvp class in game
    A paladin about to tank 5 people and doing no damage can easily take its place

Reflect damage is more tham enough. You reflect more damage of that you take

Besides, the true combat-worthiness of the OP in PvP comes from its central role as the "frickin' behemoth that comes to contest your node and just won't go away, which you can't just ignore, but frickin' takes so many people such a long time to chase away or kill that it screws up the entire flow of your team during that match".

In this aspect, nothing has really changed. In terms of PvE, it's actually a buff when you can group more than 3 mobs into the AoE. The only people that should have complaints about this DJ nerf, is those who were expecting to remain as easy-mode unkillable as they are right now, but still able to kill shi* easily through DJ.

IMO, the really good OPal players in this game probably don't even care much about this change. They'd probably be more complaining about the fix to artifact recharge exploits.