test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "Rank 4 Mount" Feedback Thread

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I uploaded a short video related to the Armored Giant Strider which is a very interesting mount because it comes with new mechanics like "Use in combat" and extra speed mov for your character.

You will be able to see these features in the video. Remember that this might not be the final product, according to the devs it might change visually or even some of the mechanics.

In my personal opinion, I'm highly expecting for a Mount Book IV to be released so we can upgrade our previous mounts to Rank 4 as well. Maybe not every mount is going to be able to attack but the bonus speed either riding or for our character are very nice.

Now, enjoy this ugly naked chicken.

https://youtu.be/5MSJ0UKAzqU
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
Post edited by lazaroth666 on

Comments

• greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Artifact mount!
  • zokrinnzokrinn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    PGJEdGF.png

Interesting, unless +3 to +4 Mount Upgrade Books come out for our existing Rank 3 Mounts, I feel like this could cause some controversy.

Only the Orange / Legendary Strider seems to be +140%, the Epic Purple Strider still seems to be +110%.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zokrinn wrote: »
    PGJEdGF.png

Interesting, unless +3 to +4 Mount Upgrade Books come out for our existing Rank 3 Mounts, I feel like this could cause some controversy.

Only the Orange / Legendary Strider seems to be +140%, the Epic Purple Strider still seems to be +110%.

I'd rather they retroactively upgraded existing legendary.

But as as if that'll happen. lol
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Artifact mount!

I need some Mount enchantment slots for my mount also please.
    And Mount visual enchantment slots where we can make out mount into a vorpal mount or a terror mount.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They will want to sink some more A from the marked so i doubt.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They will probably add the mount training books.
    They need the AD. I dont think they will miss that kind of the opportunity. :P
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    well that'll definitely make up for what they gave us in RP.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A potential better mount. I don't really see any issue with new stuff. What we have is staying the same.

That said, it would be nice if they upgraded existing legendary mounts, and added the movement speed to others, or at least all epic mounts, and added another tier of upgrade tomes.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    I need some Mount enchantment slots for my mount also please.
    And Mount visual enchantment slots where we can make out mount into a vorpal mount or a terror mount.

dont forget about mount artifacts, and artifact equipment, and artifact mounts
    Paladin Master Race
  • kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I uploaded a short video related to the Armored Giant Strider which is a very interesting mount because it comes with new mechanics like "Use in combat" and extra speed mov for your character.

You will be able to see these features in the video. Remember that this might not be the final product, according to the devs it might change visually or even some of the mechanics.

In my personal opinion, I'm highly expecting for a Mount Book IV to be released so we can upgrade our previous mounts to Rank 4 as well. Maybe not every mount is going to be able to attack but the bonus speed either riding or for our character are very nice.

Now, enjoy this ugly naked chicken.

https://youtu.be/5MSJ0UKAzqU

looks like a hybrid between an ostrich and kangaroo, with a dino tail along with my girlfriend's scream (when you press spacebar), purrfect lmao. pretty fast though. really quenches that need for speed..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
    edited June 2015
    krisein wrote: »
    looks like a hybrid between an ostrich and kangaroo along with a dino tail lmao. pretty fast though. really quenches that need for speed..

i would say it looks like a velociraptor, in armor.. << XD

• djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    i would like to upgrade the blue ones to purple, after the new legendary is out.

Also, now the blue and red dragon will be considered old..only 110 % speed. And they did cost a lot.

it gives you 5000 zen + 300 bonus.

So 5300 so around 30 bucks for a mount then?
    edited June 2015
    If it's just pocket change for you to buy a mount, would you please buy me one of the new legendary ones when they come out? :)
    Not really but this is a F2P game, and yeah they need to make money from something, and yeah the normal 30 dollars(if 30 dollars is to much for you, you should probaly play less and work more:)) mount have been BIS for almost 2 years, so tbh i am surprised they havent introduced faster mounts before this. And it is not like your purple mounts will become worse with the introduction of the new mounts..
    edited June 2015
    Oh yeah and no I aint sure whatevr i am gonna get me one of these, depends a lot on the pricing, and if they make em to expensive, i will be more than happy to ride on my purple mount!
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wonder if all legendary mounts will be upgraded to 140%
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    WHAT THE HELL? it attacks as well?!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Didn't they already do this in star trek delta rising? released T6 ships making all T5 ones obsolete and even the T5 upgrade wasn't as good as T6 ships?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Didn't they already do this in star trek delta rising? released T6 ships making all T5 ones obsolete and even the T5 upgrade wasn't as good as T6 ships?
    6 is better than 5.... its the f2p curse..
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    So 5300 so around 30 bucks for a mount then?

i checked .
    Purple mounts right now :
    shadow wolf : 4k //
    dusk uni. : 4K //
    Giant crab : 3.5K //
    white tiger : 3.5k //
    heavy howler : 3,5k //
    heavy worg : 3,5k //
    armored bear : 3.5k //
    leopard of chult : 3k //
    stormrider : 2.5k //

I can not see the guard drake. But i think it was 5k when i bought it...some time ago..

If 5300 is 50 dolars, and the most expensive mount right now is uni and wolf for 4k.
    Then you ll be left with 1k zen or to say 250k ad. <<

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Shocking fact, a free to play game needs stuff for people to spend money on....

ROFL - excellent comment.

I like the fact that your mount can now do something other than disappear when you dismount. I've wanted mounts to be able to do at least one attack for a long time.

I do wonder if the movement bonus will apply in PvP though. . .
    I aim to misbehave
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silence1x wrote: »
    ROFL - excellent comment.

I like the fact that your mount can now do something other than disappear when you dismount. I've wanted mounts to be able to do at least one attack for a long time.

I do wonder if the movement bonus will apply in PvP though. . .

I wonder how that will work alongside a non-augment companion . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    [...]
    Then you ll be left with 1k zen or to say 250k ad. <<

Might be true for Xbox - cannot say. But on PC 1 ZEN <=> 500 AD is all but stable since almost a year...
    edited June 2015
    Might be true for Xbox - cannot say. But on PC 1 ZEN <=> 500 AD is all but stable since almost a year...

or right! My bad, misscalculated ! XD 500k AD ! xd sry sry

• praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Devs announced via the moderators that
    zebular wrote: »
    The Community Team just received a memo that we're allowed to pass along about the lockedbox issue:

"The release of the lockbox this week was not intended. We’re not going to take it away from anyone or force-bind anything to anyone’s accounts. Players have to keep in mind that the lockbox was not ready to be released, the development was not complete, particularly the mount. We can view it as a prototype version (which will turn into the final version when it all goes live)."

They're advising folks to be patient until the box's actual release.

So hopefully the end result of this mount won't be that bad, or they will retroactively change all epic and legendary mounts to work similarly.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In my personal opinion, I'm highly expecting for a Mount Book IV to be released so we can upgrade our previous mounts to Rank 4 as well. [/url]

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though I'm cautiously hopeful also.

But the *real& question is this: If they release a "Mount Training IV" will be be in-gamr AD cost, or Zen Market only?

Star Trek Online did something similar with Starships (not actually a "mount" but similar) - and the upgrades are 700 Zen and *still* doesn't give the "new" features. This is epic is epic fail after I've already spent 2500 Zen (in some cases a lot more on bundles). I quit STO when that happened, even though I have a lifetime account.

Yes I do bring this up every chance I can - not to inform you, dear player, but to hopefully ensure the Devs see it. It is deal-breaking. And I still buy Zen for Neverwinter. Don't give me a reason to stop.

Hopefully Neverwinter doesn't go that route. If they do offer an upgrade - it may give a stat, but not have the Artifact aspect. Fine, we can deal with that. But if it becomes a Zen Market thing, well... ~cough~
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though I'm cautiously hopeful also.

But the *real& question is this: If they release a "Mount Training IV" will be be in-gamr AD cost, or Zen Market only?

Star Trek Online did something similar with Starships (not actually a "mount" but similar) - and the upgrades are 700 Zen and *still* doesn't give the "new" features. This is epic is epic fail after I've already spent 2500 Zen (in some cases a lot more on bundles). I quit STO when that happened, even though I have a lifetime account.

Yes I do bring this up every chance I can - not to inform you, dear player, but to hopefully ensure the Devs see it. It is deal-breaking. And I still buy Zen for Neverwinter. Don't give me a reason to stop.

Hopefully Neverwinter doesn't go that route. If they do offer an upgrade - it may give a stat, but not have the Artifact aspect. Fine, we can deal with that. But if it becomes a Zen Market thing, well... ~cough~
    well what i think would be fair is a token for like 700 zen to have both movement and upgraded 140%.
    No damage.
    i would be ok to do this for every char too.
    i say no damage and for every char because for now this new mount is lockboxes only
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally, if they're going to start adding trinket effects to mounts, all mounts should be getting some sort of effect. I'm fine with lower quality mounts having a lesser effect, but to leave it to one mount denies the 99.999% of the players who will never get an AGS a pretty significant ability.

Everyone has the ability to get a lvl 70 main hand and off-hand weapon, and multiple trinket artifacts. Not everyone can get an AGS, simply through scarcity. Besides, mixing and matching effects could lead to more mount upgrade books being sold (yay! AD sink) - maybe the Frost Wolf gets a cone effect freeze, the Leopard gets an AoE roar, the Gelatinous Cube could get an immobilize.... Point is, people could pick the power that suits their play style, and upgrade if / when it suits them (like their artifacts).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    WHAT THE HELL? it attacks as well?!

If you watch Laz's video, it works like a doohickey. You use the mount and it deals some damage and goes on cooldown. Kinda neat, and far from the most worrying thing about this mount.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In Star Wars 5 they called very similarly looking mounts "tauntaun" ...
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm fine with the speed upgrade for Legendary mounts - and honestly surprised it wasnt there from the first orange mount. The attack, though, bugs me - unless all mounts are going to be getting some sort of trinket effect.

The devs are adding what is essentially a bonus power slot for people with an AGS - so it makes sense that *all* players at least have access to such an effect (via their mount), not just the very (very) small number who will manage to get an AGS. And hey - if other effects are good, it may 1. spur mount sales and 2. get people to upgrade their mounts. One creates revenue for Cryptic (good), and the other is an AD sink (also good).