What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "Rank 4 Mount" Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    .... You did not just release an extremely rare 140% mount.

No

No

No.

This is going to cause soooo much trouble...

I think that all epic mounts should have a purchasable speed upgrade token available in the wonderous bazaar for about 1 million AD. Otherwise there's going to be a whole lot of trouble over this mount.

Jeez. It has an attack too.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9132783

So. New lockbox. Nothing too special except for the new 140% speed mount. It's a legendary, which means it'll have a drop rate of about .05% based upon the drop rates of legendaries in previous lockboxes. To the best of my knowledge, existing mounts will not be upgradable, at least not yet.

It will be impossible to get a hold of one of these mounts, and it's going to provide an immense bonus in PVP, Tiamat, Open World PVP, and all other contests.

Oh, and it has a 13k attack. And adds +4000 movement.

How can this even be perceived as balanced, by even the must deluded of people?

Discuss.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We've already been lambasting them over it for days.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A pathetic cash grab attempt.

• Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    argrosch wrote: »
    I really doubt, that they will introduce something like that, it would just be too much work, to implement attacks for all existing Mounts. Anyways, an official word about it would be really appreciated.

The attack is cool but doesn't really matter at all. You are stuck channeling the attack and the damage is low compared to your dailies/encounters/At-wills. There's no really need to implement attacks for every existing mount, I would say that if we get a Mount IV that upgrades your mount to Lv 4 adding the 140% speed bonus and the +4000 mov speed to the character would be more than enough.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeap increasing old mounts with book and gaining same movement % with a different skill for every different mount could be really good.

I am not going to take that lizard like creature. I kicked tiamat enough already in mod 5. Nothing needed to remember it again :p
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    One that seems to be working. the 5 minutes before the crash I saw 3 mounts show up and several other junk from that box.

People always jump on a new lockbox like slavering dogs though, every time they change them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    20 keys got a couple companions and a rare artifact belt and a few epic runestones most was profession stuff.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As usual, they are laughing all the way to the bank. Before this lockbox scam, I didn't see as much orange admin messages as I did in the past. Just my perception though.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Laughable....
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All legendary mounts should have 140% speed and +movement. This seems like a mistake to incorporate
  • Options
    buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2015
    imagine all mount sellers from previos lock boxes become obsolete .. so sad it has come to these.. would have been fun if other legendary mounts get special abilities... Can you here the chiching sound once you log in?
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    %140 speed or mount lal -.-
  • Options
    mafesiomafesio Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is a horrible idea until you can upgrade your epic mounts. The mount is ugly by the way.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the Armored Giant Strider, a mount that does more than just travel.

PLEASE PLEASE pass along that the player base does NOT like the fact that this mount provides +4000 movement AND in combat attacks....

Unless there are plans to bring a new mount training item to give this to all mounts OR a way to buy this mount as PVP specific (only usable in pvp maps) then it really is a poor decision to keep this as is....

10% movement is a TON and crucial to pvp. That provides MORE movement as RANK 12s! in FIVE utility slots.....

Its really frustrating to see this, not only is it not purchasable, but its all based on RNG. A player could spend 6 million AD on keys and not get one.... A player could spend 20 million and not get one.

Its just REALLY disheartening to see this. If you guys are trying to increase sales there is a better way....
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Its just REALLY disheartening to see this. If you guys are trying to increase sales there is a better way....

+1 to this , they need to add T4 mounts with all bonuses to the cash shop , I'd buy one despite that fact having to do so would really annoy me but there's no way that I'm even going to waste my money on keys gambling that I will be one of the lucky 0.005% who get the legendary version .

I still cannot believe that they thought adding such a hugely OP mount ( when compared to the next tier down) and making it's acquisition based solely on rng/gambling would be a good idea , shameless moneygrab.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I still cannot believe that they thought adding such a hugely OP mount ( when compared to the next tier down) and making it's acquisition based solely on rng/gambling would be a good idea , shameless moneygrab.

I don't even care anymore. I'll make enough AD selling RP from IWD heroics to buy everything I want, including a new rank 4 mount. All without spending a cent.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd have been happier if they gave us a mounts tab instead of 140%/+4000/attack elitist mount... that is also ugly.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    bauldersgate1bauldersgate1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hello dev's, is there a way you can make the Giant Strider mounts and Eternal Flame Lockbox's visible again on the auction house? They are not searchable on the AH. Is this intentional and is the only way to obtain a giant strider mount to open lockboxes? Can not search for strider in AH so can not be obtained that way.
  • Options
    bauldersgate1bauldersgate1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please make Eternal Flame Lockbox's and Giant striders visible again in the AH dev's, thank you.
  • Options
    clixjynxclixjynx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly, it's very clear that so many people already hate that they did that. They better fix it otherwise a lot of paying players are gonna leave. I know grinding for ad for keys is rough don't get me wrong, but when a person spends real money and buys a $40 mount, then a box is released with a mount that has 140% speed and other features that no other mount has, it's insulting. I'm with the person who said to add the book to the zen market for between 1500-2000 Zen. Did they really think that people would be stupid enough to start spending on keys just for that mount. It's more than a fast mount people want. I have the mounts I have because I like how they look. I shouldn't be forced to buy 800 keys until finally i get a mount that I dislike the look of, solely because of it's features. Not to mention, it screws over non paying players. The chances of them getting it are so incredibly small because even if they wanted to buy a mount, now it's a slap in the face. Oh well if you paid us a couple hundred then you can have balance...IF you're lucky. Realistically, you won't get a mount like that without spending a large amount of money. Drop chance is slim.
  • Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How in the world is it right/fair to add new mounts with new (improved) abilities and leave the old mounts of equal value the same? It is not only a huge slap in the face of owners of every other mount but it makes it silly to even consider the ones in the zen market!

Although I thought it would be obvious to update all mounts to have similar stats/abilities it seems the developers have surprised me with a new low (I thought that was hard to do).

What does the forum community think about the new/old mounts?
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    A poorly veiled attempt to get people to open more lockboxes...

As if anybody is gonna go buy hundreds of keys to get striders on all their alts, Cryptic wishes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2015
    This is a free to play game, not buy to play, not subscription based. Do you really think they would get money from people like you who want their old mounts to be upgraded to the same as the new armored strider abilities? No, because it would quell any incentive to spend money on their new armored strider mount features that no other mount has. If you are that fed up with this game and company, stop posting, stop playing it, and take action by going somewhere else with your time and money, because it's just going to happen again and again and again, rinse and repeat. Get ready for mount speed 170% next.

Btw, just so you know that I'm not biased, or on either side of this issue, I've never ever opened lockboxes in my 3 years here, and never once bought keys because I don't support RNG systems.