test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "Rank 4 Mount" Feedback Thread

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sigil of Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn deja vu?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Up until now, there has not been anything in the lockboxes that was considered required, or had a significant effect on gameplay. You could get equal speed mounts, you could get almost as good artifacts, etc. The race was a stretch but I don't see anyone complaining about a Metallic Dragonborn beating them in an instance that a Wood Elf couldn't have.

Now you essentially put a 4000 speed item in a lockbox, attached to a 140% mount. This means in PVP, they will get to a capture pointer faster, they will get to you faster, etc. This has an impact. Sky falling? No.

On the other hand, I don't like saying it, but if you spend money on a game or put a lot of effort into something specific, you should expect that the game will continue to move on. That item you leveled won't last forever. That BIS mount you have won't last forever. Every MMO does this.

Anyways, they will always do what is in their best interest, but this treads into dangerous waters.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nothing unusual. They were planing it since the very beginning. HeyRogers mentioned it in his AMA.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I guess losing 50% of the playerbase with Mod6 wasn't enough, they are trying to lose the remaining players as well. Oh well, it's been a nice ride, but I guess the new management team is even more incompetent than the old one.......

Numbers for the last 30 days show a decline of around 20% more.
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Nothing unusual. They were planing it since the very beginning. HeyRogers mentioned it in his AMA.

Yes, but a mount with that power from the Zen market would make more sense. This mount is however from the lockbox and BoP, so if you play mulitple chars like i do. This will be expensive (And boring i want my sleds and pigs, not run around on a turkey that everyone will have :) )
    edited June 2015
    Nope it make more sense in a lockbox. The reason is pretty simply. Even if the majority of the players cant buy it the minority with big wallets and giant AD income trying to get it that means: Money + less AD in the System.
    The next step is to create more T4 mounts, maybe RNG behind another lockbox or 1-3 mounts in the Zenstore.
    plat.png
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nope it make more sense in a lockbox. The reason is pretty simply. Even if the majority of the players cant buy it the minority with big wallets and giant AD income trying to get it that means: Money + less AD in the System.
    The next step is to create more T4 mounts, maybe RNG behind another lockbox or 1-3 mounts in the Zenstore.

So in essence Cryptic are encouraging gambling , that'll be great for their reputation.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And now, a few days later they announce a new BiS rank4 mount that will be very much needed

Needed for? Maybe if you are hardcore pvp player but I dont see any reason why would I need this mount. I have purple mount unlocked but I still use my blue Gel. tube because its hilarious and I dont really miss additional movement speed.
    edited June 2015

They have made 0 improvements to the game, and have not done anything to attract new players. They are clearly trying to shake down players for the last remaining $ they can prior to shutting down the servers. Sadly it will be coming soon.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, but a mount with that power from the Zen market would make more sense. This mount is however from the lockbox and BoP, so if you play mulitple chars like i do. This will be expensive (And boring i want my sleds and pigs, not run around on a turkey that everyone will have :) )

It is not BoP. It is BoE.
    Armored Giant Strider (rank 4) is BoE.
    Giant Strider (rank 3) is BoP.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Eternal_Flame_Lockbox
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So in essence Cryptic are encouraging gambling , that'll be great for their reputation.

The new T4 Mounts are a nice gimmick and nothing you need and if you want one. Wait a few weeks and buy it from AH.
    plat.png
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    "Not Theon Greyjoy. My name is Reek."

Just blew coffee through my nose!
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    Numbers for the last 30 days show a decline of around 20% more.
    Numbers from where?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »

lol, what i meant its not an account wide mount. And it will be as it stands now the only mount with 140% speed.
    edited June 2015
    lol, what i meant its not an account wide mount. And it will be as it stands now the only mount with 140% speed.

Well, if it is BoP (as I read your post literally), it will be much worse. I also don't understand why Giant Strider is BoP either.
    For example, if one suck into it and tries to open many lockboxes to get the rank 4 one, he may get many rank 3 mounts in the process and he cannot sell them or giving them to the alt.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The current difference between rank 3 and 4 mounts is nothing. They are identical except for their color. I don't see this continuing. I suspect current rank 4 mounts will be upgradable. Current rank 3 mounts WILL NOT be upgradable. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

It's possible current rank 4 mounts would get a FREE upgrade, while current Rank 3 mounts get a paid upgrade.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, if it is BoP (as I read your post literally), it will be much worse. I also don't understand why Giant Strider is BoP either.
    For example, if one suck into it and tries to open many lockboxes to get the rank 4 one, he may get many rank 3 mounts in the process and he cannot sell them or giving them to the alt.

Giant Strider isn't BoP, it's BoE. That's just a minor mistake in gamepedia.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mixed Feelings ...

Good feeling about the game receiving an update to mounts. I love to see the game progress in mounts, level caps, new dungeons (Some day soon hope), new stories, etc.

Bad feeling about making players have to gamble their life's savings away just to get a new updated mount. It's very cruel to try and make money off a game this way. The game becomes unbalanced and even more Pay To Win.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't get this logic. X Business has X offer and then has a better Z Offer, therefore I'm angry because I got X instead of Y. Doesn't this happen like all the time with all business? Would I be angry because I got some jeans in sale one week before they had other better jeans on sale? I don't think so.
    No one forces us to get anything. And I don't ever plan on spending so much for a single item, specially considering cryptic's history of changing items a few weeks/months after everyone and their mom bought it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Giant Strider isn't BoP, it's BoE. That's just a minor mistake in gamepedia.

Thank you for clarification.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I guarantee you that's a simple binding behavior screw-up, and if it goes live like that, they'll be scrambling within hours to emergency maint or hotfix the box and instructing customer service to exchange it for an unbound one for unhappy customers.

That's what they did for those Tokens of the Chromatic Storm that started out BoP. of course, they could have fixed it before going live because people were asking if it was intentional from preview, but that would be so dull by comparison....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2015
    Thank you for clarification.

Yeah but what i mean is its only a 1 char mount, and not like the Zen mount when you can claim it on all your chars.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    definitelly not goes for all of my chars.
    edited June 2015
    Yeah but what i mean is its only a 1 char mount, and not like the Zen mount when you can claim it on all your chars.

I understand. Lockbox mount is always for one char. Is there any orange mount in Zen store at all? I don't recall there is one.
    If I remember correctly, all the orange mounts are from lockbox.
    If they put a rank 4 mount (with the new feature) in Zen store, how much will it be? 10K Z?
  • tonyvincenttonyvincent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi

Just wanted to point out that in i.e. PvP players are still running around in green mounts (50% move speed). Without any brackets in PvP, this will just increase the gear gap amongst players in PvP imo.

Also, as the new mount is obviously the best mount atm (140% move speed amongst other things), people we eventually be forced to get this new legendary mount, if they want to progress/improve. Thus, having to leave the many other mounts, which all had 110% move speed, whereas players could choose their mounts based on looks, how they were moving, etc.

I am guessing a lot of lockboxes will be bought, which is nice for the company, but I think it's quite unfair on the players because of the above.
    164814-albums6114-picture99368.png
    |Aizu Wallenstein|
  • kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I understand. Lockbox mount is always for one char. Is there any orange mount in Zen store at all? I don't recall there is one.
    If I remember correctly, all the orange mounts are from lockbox.
    If they put a rank 4 mount (with the new feature) in Zen store, how much will it be? 10K Z?

yeah, something in between 10k-20k zen would be realistic. expensive, but considering that it was initially given on a lockbox, i think it would be a fair price..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That BIS mount you have won't last forever. Every MMO does this..

It's a bloody mount not an item that I had one for a module or two. Saying all MMO's do this is pure BS. Only time I ever changed mounts in other MMO's is for aesthetic purposes purely. Once again Cryptic show their money-grabbing paws...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited June 2015
    I am guessing a lot of lockboxes will be bought, which is nice for the company, but I think it's quite unfair on the players because of the above.

Considering the player population has dropped 50% after the release of mod 6 and another 20% in the last 30 days, at best they will sell the same amount of lockboxes and eventually there will be no one left.

The problem is, this isn't an improvement to the game, nor does it entice people back to the game or to keep playing. Quite simply it's a shakedown.
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For PvP'ers maybe. And personally I always felt that crowd was a few screws loose anyway.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah - and it's adding insult to injury that the this new BiS mount is basically a mean ostrich. I mean. good god. Seems to me, if they provided a way to upgrade existing mounts so we could get these benefits for out current mounts, it wouldn't be nearly such a slap in the face. Especially for those who are using mounts aquired from the Packs (IE: Founders (in my case) or Hero, Guardian, Feywild)

inflatable-ostrich-rider-inflatable-costume-6.gif
    inflatable-ostrich-rider-inflatable-costume-7.gif